I had a dream

The social club of The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

I had a dream

Post by greeneyed »

Last night, I had the most amazingly realistic dream.

It was based around the Raiders playing trials, and they played the Newcastle Knights and the Wests Tigers. It was sort of like the old World Championship Sevens where teams played more than one team at the same venue. Only it was a huge venue.

First the Raiders played the Knights, and didn't score a point. It was worse because a Raiders player, and for some reason his name was Tim Donovan, even though he doesn't play for the Raiders... he threw a punch and it accidentally hit the referee. Then when he ran over to apologise, the referee ran away, running around in circles to get away from him, because he thought he wanted to hit him, rather than apologise. This was a disaster, as it meant one of our players would likely be suspended for the season.

Then all the supporters got on a train, it was like a monorail, and we went with Phil Gould to the other side of this huge venue, with multiple playing fields on the monorail, to go play the Wests Tigers.

They had a lot of supporters, and then for some reason the game started and I couldn't really see, so I went and sat behind the crowd on the grass, and I had my backpack with me, and I kept losing things that I'd brought, couldn't find them in my back pack. I was going nuts not being able to find the things I'd brought in my backpack.

And then the next thing I knew, it was the next morning, and I woke up on the grass, and no one had woken me up to tell me the game was over. I was really annoyed I missed the game, and that no one woke me up. And I left while the grounds people were cleaning up.

We lost both matches and didn't score a try in either match and I left very disappointed.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Re: I had a dream

Post by -TW- »

:shock: thats one hell of a bizarre dream
valiant_raider
David Furner

Post by valiant_raider »

Lets analyse this mess.

IMO opinion the Donovan chap is a dream manisfestation of a former Raider whose name sounds similar, yes Monaghan, You believe that this one action has already destroyed our season and no matter the intention of apologising the damage had already been done.

The second part of the dream is basically your feeling of helplessness in sitting back and seeing the club potentially crumble. You possibly see Phil Gould as some kind of anti-christ riding the train of death with him to see the Raiders.
2005 Golden Boogs Newbie Award Winner
2006 Finites Caption Contest Winner
2006 Golden Boogs Most Improved Poster
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

^ Dr Phil right there :lol:
The Naked Zombie
Gary Belcher

Post by The Naked Zombie »

The monorail part is an obvious indication that greeneyed would like to travel more and see new and exciting things... and that he drinks too much red wine before going to bed.
valiant_raider
David Furner

Post by valiant_raider »

The Naked Zombie wrote:The monorail part is an obvious indication that greeneyed would like to travel more and see new and exciting things... and that he drinks too much red wine before going to bed.

Yes yes, that is quite right too, i reckon as well that the part where he wakes up after missing everything is also has a deeper meaning. GE is afraid that he will wake up one day and find that his life has past him by and he has missed all the exciting things that he wanted to do in his life
2005 Golden Boogs Newbie Award Winner
2006 Finites Caption Contest Winner
2006 Golden Boogs Most Improved Poster
Chickas shoe
John Ferguson

Post by Chickas shoe »

If you take the contention that dreams are unfulfilled wishes I think it is about GE wanting to get down and dirty at games rather than sitting conservatively in his usual megabox arrrangement in the Meninga Stand. Waking up the next day on the grass having "loosened up" sufficiently to have lost the contents of his backpack (baggage) after seeing a Raider punch and chase a referee. The ground in question is merely a futuristic version of Bruce and I feel the other side of the ground, where GE ends up "blind" , represents where the "rebellious" smokers congregate above the concourse in the NW corner of Canberra Stadium.
As for "riding the monorail" with Phil Gould :hmmm
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

The biatch is dreaming about being with me it's so bloody obvious it's not funny,I am married General but we can still be friends,Perhaps one day we could sit together and share sports ears.
This place is woke.
-GD-
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga, Terry Campese, Troy Thompson

I had a dream

Post by -GD- »

People have some weird dreams on this forum, am i the only person dreaming of hot girls haha
Chickas shoe
John Ferguson

Post by Chickas shoe »

that is a proper cheese dream!
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Ok my analysis,
  • Tim Donovan punching on, being out for season - Tim Donovan is Terry Campese. The hitting and chasing of the ref symbolises Terry's occasional frustration with the Ref. GE is concerned about Terry Campese's injury and the fact he could sit out for the season. In the dream, Campo has been replaced by Yass Magpies 5/8 Tim Donovan. (source - http://www.rlcm.com.au/latest-news/7226-rugby-league) Concerned that we may struggle next year and not score any points without him.

Phil Gould and the Monorail - Phil Gould riding the Monorail means that GE believes that Phil is either higher than the game, or Phil thinks he's higher than the game, hence being on a monorail, not a train.

The Backpack, the Field and waking up - Possibly you feel that you may miss too many Raiders games because of the "Baggage" you have to carry around?
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
freddo
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by freddo »

Tim Donovan, is really Casey Donovan in a raiders jersey. she could play in the front row for us easily. she has the same frame of scott logan and the jaw line to match
Truth Beauty and The Freddo Way
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Thank you all to the dream analysts.

I'm now hoping to hear Dubby's latest dream! :lol:
Professor
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Bae

Post by Professor »

If the dream did not involve the mighty Green Machine I would have said GE has lost the plot.
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past:Daley
Present: Hodgson

Post by Dusty »

Do you have your membership pack yet GE? maybe the backpack is something to do with not having your cooler bag etc :?
2020: 1. Nicol-Klokstad 2. Cotric 3. Croker (c) 4 Leilua 5. Scott 6. Wighton 7. G. Williams 8. Papalii 9. Hodgson (c) 10. Sutton 11. J. Bateman 12. Whitehead 13. Tapine ----
14. Simmonson 15. Soliola 16. Guler 17. Horsburgh
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

No, I got my membership pack yesterday, it was definitely a big back pack, not a mini cooler bag.
The Naked Zombie
Gary Belcher

Post by The Naked Zombie »

I've been thinking about greeneyed's dream all day and decided to call my mate Percy, who's a dream analyst. He strongly believes that the new, huge venue he visited is Manuka Oval after it's been redeveloped for the ACT's new AFL team, and that Tim Donovan represents the as-yet-unknown AFL players who will quickly worm their way into the big fella's heart.

The monorail, Percy believes, represents greeneyed moving on from rugby league to AFL - an exciting adventure for him. Taking Phil Gould along for the ride means that GE wants to encourage other former rugby league fans like himself to make the move.

Finally, GE's terror at losing things from his bag represents the many years he wasted not following AFL, and his waking up represents just that - waking up and finally seeing the world through clear eyes.

Good luck with the Greater Western Sydney Giants, GE. We'll miss you round here ;)
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

:lol: Genuinely humourous NZ!
KW
David Furner
Favourite Player: Steve "no mans land" Collins

Post by KW »

The only 2 things I deduced from the dream are

A) Phil Gould will be on the raiders bandwagon (monorail) after we have a massive blow up with the referees (donovan fight)
B) GE has lost his marbles (not in the back pack where he thought they were). But this was somehting we all knew before the dream.

KW
Quality over Quantity Winner - 2007, 2008 and 2010 Golden Boogs Awards
Raiders Member #3383 - Bay 28, Row LL, Seat 6
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

Crack is one hell of a drug.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

greeneyed wrote:Thank you all to the dream analysts.

I'm now hoping to hear Dubby's latest dream! :lol:
My latest dream was really weird:

I was to fight Sonny Bill Williams.

So I was stepping in to the ring and was surprised at the condition of myself. I looked over at SBW and he looked fit and ready to go.

I was mad, really mad and intent on thumping the heck out of the guy. The ref comes over and asks me to do something that I thought was voodoo and I declined saying it was offensive to my Christian belief. So the ref suggests I do something else voodoo like and I deny again saying I will never do anything to compromise my faith.

The ref gets ticked off and disqualifies me. I walk out of the ring and watch some other guy step up to take my spot. The replacement gets KO'd by SBW in one hit (it was one helluva hit too) and I think to myself; "maybe its a good thing I didn't fight him"

:doubt:
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

you want to 'thump' SBW..

:hmmm
Inactive

Post by Inactive »

The Naked Zombie wrote:I've been thinking about greeneyed's dream all day and decided to call my mate Percy, who's a dream analyst. He strongly believes that the new, huge venue he visited is Manuka Oval after it's been redeveloped for the ACT's new AFL team, and that Tim Donovan represents the as-yet-unknown AFL players who will quickly worm their way into the big fella's heart.

The monorail, Percy believes, represents greeneyed moving on from rugby league to AFL - an exciting adventure for him. Taking Phil Gould along for the ride means that GE wants to encourage other former rugby league fans like himself to make the move.

Finally, GE's terror at losing things from his bag represents the many years he wasted not following AFL, and his waking up represents just that - waking up and finally seeing the world through clear eyes.

Good luck with the Greater Western Sydney Giants, GE. We'll miss you round here ;)
:lol: :roflmao :lol: ... top effort mate
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Schifty wrote:you want to 'thump' SBW..

:hmmm
:arrow:
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

Well I had a dream I was playing for the Brisbane Roar.. We were at Suncorp stadium and conceded a very late goal to a 9 man Perth Glory :| Attempts to equalise in stoppage time failed.

:? :? :?
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Given up on Canberra United ever getting in?
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Matt Orford set up Danny Galea with a great short ball to run 20mt to score under the posts to win us the GF :o

dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

had a dream last night that Phil Graham took an intercept on the goal line, ran 100mt to score a try and win the game. Weirdest part of the dream was that he was being chased by a very tall African female sprinter among other players.

After Phil scored I was yelling out "not bad for an old broken down player, hey Michael!" :lol:

I went looking for the GH's Michael and found him sitting in the back of a limousine still putting Phil down.

SirMcSquid
David Furner

Post by SirMcSquid »

dubby wrote:had a dream last night that Phil Graham took an intercept on the goal line, ran 100mt to score a try and win the game. Weirdest part of the dream was that he was being chased by a very tall African female sprinter among other players.

After Phil scored I was yelling out "not bad for an old broken down player, hey Michael!" :lol:

I went looking for the GH's Michael and found him sitting in the back of a limousine still putting Phil down.
**** :roflmao

Dubby it's the offseason.. relax :P
banner reluctantly created by fistinz

Member - #8231
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

Seek help Dubby.

Dreaming about Michael.. :doubt:
Nick
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by Nick »

Schifty wrote:Well I had a dream I was playing for the Brisbane Roar.. We were at Lang Park and conceded a very late goal to a 9 man Perth Glory :| Attempts to equalise in stoppage time failed.

if there was any realism to that dream the game would have been played in front of a handful of players friends and family and thats it
Nick
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by Nick »

dubby wrote:Matt Orford set up Danny Galea with a great short ball to run 20mt to score under the posts to win us the GF :o
completely false
Danny Galea isnt making our GF team :roll:
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

Nick wrote:
Schifty wrote:Well I had a dream I was playing for the Brisbane Roar.. We were at Lang Park and conceded a very late goal to a 9 man Perth Glory :| Attempts to equalise in stoppage time failed.

if there was any realism to that dream the game would have been played in front of a handful of players friends and family and thats it
Didn't see you in the crowd.

**** :roll:
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Nick wrote:
dubby wrote:Matt Orford set up Danny Galea with a great short ball to run 20mt to score under the posts to win us the GF :o
completely false
Lets face it, if Galea finds the form to surpass all those ahead of him then he must be playing some really good footy!

SirMcSquid
David Furner

Post by SirMcSquid »

dubby wrote:
Nick wrote:
completely false
Lets face it, if Galea finds the form to surpass all those ahead of him then he must be playing some really good footy!
or there's some injured players :(
banner reluctantly created by fistinz

Member - #8231