UFC - MMA

From cricket to motor sports to wrestling and anything in between

Moderator: GH Moderators

frank the tank
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: josh miller

UFC - MMA

Post by frank the tank »

im starting a subject for anyone who is interested in the UFC or any form of mixed martial arts
CONGRATULATIONS
YOU HAVE JUST MET
THE I.C.F
I DON'T NEED AN AWARD TO SHOW WHO I AM
CONTROLED MMA FIGHTING IS WHAT KEEPS ME HAPPY AND IF THATS WRONG THEN I DONT WANT TO BE RIGHT
frank the tank
Peter Jackson

Re: UFC - MMA

Post by frank the tank »

anyone going to UFC 110 in sydney
CONGRATULATIONS
YOU HAVE JUST MET
THE I.C.F
CONTROLED MMA FIGHTING IS WHAT KEEPS ME HAPPY AND IF THATS WRONG THEN I DONT WANT TO BE RIGHT
DJ89
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by DJ89 »

Would like to but sold out real quick didnt it?

Whose your favourite fighter? Got to love The dragon aka urine drinker :lol:
frank the tank
Peter Jackson

Post by frank the tank »

heavyweights - shane carwin

light heavyweights - rampage jackson

middle weights - wanderlai silva

welter weights - geroges st. pierre (GSP)

light weights - deigo sanchez

they are my favorite fighters in each class
CONGRATULATIONS
YOU HAVE JUST MET
THE I.C.F
IBG
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by IBG »

Yep I'm going to 110, can't wait.

Big fan here.

My favourites:

Heavyweights - Cain Velasquez

Light-Heavyweights - Rampage Jackson (Man I can't wait until he smashes Rashad)

Middleweights - Wanderlei Silva (Hope he KO's Bisping)

Welterweights - Georges St. Pierre (Best fighter on the planet IMO)

Lightweights - Clay Guida (Dude is an excitement machine - BJ Penn a close 2nd)
frank the tank
Peter Jackson

Post by frank the tank »

IBG wrote:Yep I'm going to 110, can't wait.

Big fan here.

My favourites:

Heavyweights - Cain Velasquez

Light-Heavyweights - Rampage Jackson (Man I can't wait until he smashes Rashad)

Middleweights - Wanderlei Silva (Hope he KO's Bisping)

Welterweights - Georges St. Pierre (Best fighter on the planet IMO)

Lightweights - Clay Guida (Dude is an excitement machine - BJ Penn a close 2nd)
nice one mate what seating did you manage to get i got gold ticket i was tempted to go diamond or platnium but gold will be good
CONGRATULATIONS
YOU HAVE JUST MET
THE I.C.F
IBG
Gary Belcher

Post by IBG »

I splurged and got Premium so I could be on the first level, I'm in a good bay that's right in line with the Octagon. I thought if I was going to go I may as well have an awesome view.
marcofski
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Gamblor

Post by marcofski »

Ill be there, I didnt get in early enough to get great tickets but I wasnt going to miss the UFC in OZ.
As for favorite fighters I dont really have one at the moment as I havent got foxtel to watch the fights but Ive liked what i've seen on oneHD. Ive been a big fan since the very beginning when there were no rules and Gracie was god. For anyone who hasnt seen them before check out UFC 1-10 for some awesome carnage.
(the Savern vs Shamrock 1/2 hor dance aside)
My favorite forum member is 100%Green. Why? Because anyone who can convince my wife who runs two watch shops and doesnt realy like the Raiders to buy me a limited edition centenary of league Raiders watch is alright in my books.

It's hard god-damn work being a Raiders supporter!
Jake
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Paul Vaughan

Post by Jake »

Mate I'm crazy for the UFC atm. Unfortunately I don't have Fuel TV, so I can only catch it on Main Event and ONE HD. UFC 108 was quality, that Sam Stout fight was amazing. Silva and Evans are both overrated.

Dustin Hazelett and Clay Guida are my men atm.
frank the tank
Peter Jackson

Post by frank the tank »

So is any one gonna watch UFC 109 main event randy the natural couture vs mark the hammer colman, if you combine there 2 ages i think there about 87 years old, also on the cards frank trigg vs matt sera which shuld be interesting
CONGRATULATIONS
YOU HAVE JUST MET
THE I.C.F
Shadow Boxer
Ricky Stuart

Post by Shadow Boxer »

I love UFC but usually download it a few days after the event, might have to put a spoiler alert on this thread ?
Hicks99
Gary Coyne

Post by Hicks99 »

I will be watching UFC 109 on main event, Can't wait to watch the natural hopeful smash Coleman.

I have to say back in the day I was a huge Tito Ortiz fan. Back when he held the Light heavy weight title for a few years, and his ground and pound was amazing. Unfortunately his last couple of years have been quite ordinary. Would love to see him get back to the top of his game. Only time will tell I guess. At the moment I would say Rampage is a personal fav.

Other favorites are anyone who beats the hell out of Josh Koscheck :lol:
frank the tank
Peter Jackson

Post by frank the tank »

also to all those who have the channel one HD UFC 110 will be shown live on it for free
CONGRATULATIONS
YOU HAVE JUST MET
THE I.C.F
Shadow Boxer
Ricky Stuart

Post by Shadow Boxer »

frank the tank wrote:also to all those who have the channel one HD UFC 110 will be shown live on it for free
Thanks Frank, was I the only one who enjoyed watching Guida lose in UFC 107 ?
IBG
Gary Belcher

Post by IBG »

mdmactavish wrote:Thanks Frank, was I the only one who enjoyed watching Guida lose in UFC 107 ?
Think so. Why don't you like the Carpenter? He's so high-tempo and never has a boring fight. He never seems to win big fights but I just love watching him because he's always in-your-face and exciting.

In other news I am so bummed out. I've had to sell my 110 ticket because I'm going on a short-notice overseas business trip that I couldn't get out of. Damnit! :(
frank the tank
Peter Jackson

Post by frank the tank »

IBG wrote:
mdmactavish wrote:Thanks Frank, was I the only one who enjoyed watching Guida lose in UFC 107 ?
Think so. Why don't you like the Carpenter? He's so high-tempo and never has a boring fight. He never seems to win big fights but I just love watching him because he's always in-your-face and exciting.

In other news I am so bummed out. I've had to sell my 110 ticket because I'm going on a short-notice overseas business trip that I couldn't get out of. Damnit! :(
mate thats gotta suck about the ticket :rant i have been looking foward to this more then the start of footy season, watching and training in MMA has made me so much more happy that i feel there is now purpose in life
CONGRATULATIONS
YOU HAVE JUST MET
THE I.C.F
Shadow Boxer
Ricky Stuart

Post by Shadow Boxer »

IBG wrote:

Yeh it wasn't so much against Guida but everyone was talking him up and I never really rated him that much, he got systematically dismantled by Florian and had no idea what to do. I think the days of wild up tempo swinging are over, everyone else is just too good now.
knan
Brett Mullins

Post by knan »

frank the tank wrote:
IBG wrote:

mate thats gotta suck about the ticket :rant i have been looking foward to this more then the start of footy season, watching and training in MMA has made me so much more happy that i feel there is now purpose in life
WOOHOOO!! Ive always wanted to start an MMA thread but thought there wernt any mma fans on the GH.
Ill be at UFC 110!! Cant wait to see Wand KO Bisping. I used to be a pride fan so ill be rooting for Wand, Big Nog and Crocop.
knan
Brett Mullins

Post by knan »

mdmactavish wrote:
IBG wrote:

Yeh it wasn't so much against Guida but everyone was talking him up and I never really rated him that much, he got systematically dismantled by Florian and had no idea what to do. I think the days of wild up tempo swinging are over, everyone else is just too good now.
Guida's had some interesting fights of late, but there was a period not ago when he would simply lay and pray.
knan
Brett Mullins

Post by knan »

My favourites:

Heavyweights - Fedor Emilianenko

Light-Heavyweights - Shogun Rua

Middleweights - Wanderlei Silva (My all time fav!)

Welterweights - Georges St. Pierre

Lightweights - BJ Penn
frank the tank
Peter Jackson

Post by frank the tank »

today at 2pm on mainevent is UFC 109, im personaly looking foward to the main event of couture vs colmen, i belive colemans only chance is to knockout couture in the first roud otherwise coutre will win easlily cause colmen just gets way to gassed to fast and as for randy well the man is just a freak at 46 years old he can just fight all day if needed, anyhow what are people opions
CONGRATULATIONS
YOU HAVE JUST MET
THE I.C.F
IBG
Gary Belcher

Post by IBG »

Couture, Marquardt, Swick, Maia and Serra will be the winners IMO.

Should be a good card. Although I will be shocked if Couture vs. Coleman is anything but a judges decision, I don't think either has what it takes to stop the fight.
frank the tank
Peter Jackson

Post by frank the tank »

so what did people think of UFC 109 i only got one fight right which was the coutre one, and i think we now know who coleman is fighting next i belive it would be tito the boy can not shut his mouth
CONGRATULATIONS
YOU HAVE JUST MET
THE I.C.F
knan
Brett Mullins

Post by knan »

frank the tank wrote:so what did people think of UFC 109 i only got one fight right which was the coutre one, and i think we now know who coleman is fighting next i belive it would be tito the boy can not shut his mouth
Tito and Chuck will be the coaches on the next TUF series, so think its back to the undercard for Coleman if he doesn't retire. Biggest surprise of the night was Chael Sonnen. The dude was all over Marquardt like a bad rash!
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Captain Croker

Post by Raidersrawesome »

I'm another UFC fan.
I also enjoyed the Ultimate Fighter series 9 and 10. I thought it was classic when Rampage Jackson annilated a door and then Rashad Evans taking the p*ss out of him.

I like watching Clay Guida, Anderson Silva and BJ Penn is a class ighter

Nate Diaz is abit of a tool.

Fuel hasnt had much UFC on lately , they replayed the Ultimate Fighter series 9 and 10.
knan
Brett Mullins

Post by knan »

Vitor Belfort has pulled out of his titile shot against Anderson Silva due to a shoulder injury. Chael Sonnen cant step in because he was served with a '30 day' no contatct medical suspension. So who do you think should take Vitor's place?

I wouldnt mind seeing Rampage make his UFC comeback against Anderson Silva. However, that would mean it will no longer be a title fight since the bout would be at light heavyweight.
frank the tank
Peter Jackson

Post by frank the tank »

knan wrote:Vitor Belfort has pulled out of his titile shot against Anderson Silva due to a shoulder injury. Chael Sonnen cant step in because he was served with a '30 day' no contatct medical suspension. So who do you think should take Vitor's place?

I wouldnt mind seeing Rampage make his UFC comeback against Anderson Silva. However, that would mean it will no longer be a title fight since the bout would be at light heavyweight.
maybe randy coutre can move down another weight class and win the middle weight one, i doubt it he will but it seems like there aint nothing he cant do lol
CONGRATULATIONS
YOU HAVE JUST MET
THE I.C.F
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

I have UFC on PS3...........The Fury is the best ( me)
frank the tank
Peter Jackson

Post by frank the tank »

not long now till UFC 110 ive been looking foward to this more than footy season

:thumbsup :thumbsup
CONGRATULATIONS
YOU HAVE JUST MET
THE I.C.F
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Captain Croker

Post by Raidersrawesome »

How was it FTT? The crowd looked fkn awesome on TV , they were pumped.
knan
Brett Mullins

Post by knan »

Absolutely amazing atmosphere, especially during the Sotiropoulos fight and the Silva fight
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

that cut to that fella (cant remember which) was horrendous... just parked infront of the tv to watch sports tonight with my dinner and saw that... :nooo

reminded me a bit of the zillman cut a few yrs ago.. only 5x worse
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Another fan here. Where do you train Frank?
Tim W wrote:that cut to that fella (cant remember which) was horrendous... just parked infront of the tv to watch sports tonight with my dinner and saw that... :nooo

reminded me a bit of the zillman cut a few yrs ago.. only 5x worse
Do you mean Daniel Conn when Weymann smashed him? It was Anthony Perosh, not sure who he replaced at short notice but he was clearly out of his depth. I was very surprised when they let him continue and then in one of the other fights the doctor wouldn't let the guy fight (sorry can't remember which fight) and the cut didn't look as bad.

Who won the grudge match, Hasemann v Sinovic?

What was fight of the night? George?

All in all a great event and without a doubt UFC will be back in this country.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
marcofski
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Gamblor

Post by marcofski »

The event was FKN awesome. The fight of the night in my opinion was Sotiropoulos vs Daddy. Biggest surprise of the night had to be the end to the main fight.
As for the grudge match it was a non event as Elvis pulled out late in the week due to an injury at training. Elbow i think.
My favorite forum member is 100%Green. Why? Because anyone who can convince my wife who runs two watch shops and doesnt realy like the Raiders to buy me a limited edition centenary of league Raiders watch is alright in my books.

It's hard god-damn work being a Raiders supporter!
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

marcofski wrote:The event was FKN awesome. The fight of the night in my opinion was Sotiropoulos vs Daddy. Biggest surprise of the night had to be the end to the main fight.
As for the grudge match it was a non event as Elvis pulled out late in the week due to an injury at training. Elbow i think.
I managed to catch the One HD package, but wasn't sure if they had shown all the fights - they didn't show "de tuna" (sp?). I almost bought tickets but all that was available were bronze seats, so I thought bugger it - in hindsight I should have bought a couple and flogged them on ebay like a lot of other people did.

What seats did everybody have and what was the view like? Did they have big screens for the people up the back?

And more importantly how were the ring girls??? j/k.
Shoving it in your face since 2017