Annoying ads on TV today...

Discuss music, movies, TV shows and video games

Moderator: GH Moderators

-TW-
Mal Meninga

Annoying ads on TV today...

Post by -TW- »

gauging peoples thoughts on the annoying ads

im sick of that ad for macdonalds where the little **** are fighting over the chicken nugget

"Aiden thats mine"
"No its mine"
"AIDEN you have had THREE!"
"No no no"
"AIDEN!!!"

Dad eats the nugget and solves the problem

And the one for the tower burger pisses me off too, mainly cause that burger is terrible

thoughts
jedski
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: The Veloci-Rapana

Re: Annoying ads on TV today...

Post by jedski »

you're not a fan of hash browns on a burger?
* INSERT SIGNATURE HERE *
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

in theory it sounds good...it practicality that was one of the worst burgers ive eaten

the hash brown tasted like rotten potato and the sauce ended up all over my shirt...which pissed me off even more
Sterlk
David Furner

Post by Sterlk »

The rug ads... how many times can one store go into liquidation? Also any add that uses constant shouting to convey excitement, though for some reason I don't mind the Lowes ones that much.
1-eyedgreen
Chris O'Sullivan
Location: Eating a steady diet of Government cheese, living in a van down by the river.

Post by 1-eyedgreen »

The Raiders Green-Eyed commercial.

How, after the season we just had scoring so many awesome tries and playing such an exciting style of football, did we end up with an ad in an optometrists office with some old w*nker bitching about his patients and not a highlights reel to be seen???
I know what you're asking yourself and the answer is yes. I have a nick name for my *****. Its called the Octagon, but I also nick named my testes - my left one is James Westfall and my right one is Dr. Kenneth Noisewater.
Rick James
Jason Croker

Post by Rick James »

New tower burger has nothing on the original. Could be that I keep buying them from Dickson KFC.

That McDonald's ad is annoying atm as they play it every ad break during the cricket. Mix it up ****!
Canberra Raiders Fan since 1984
Gold Member #3939 since 2006
2009 Golden Boogs MIA Award Winner
Crusher

Post by Crusher »

THE AD KING PRO!!
Stringer
John Ferguson

Post by Stringer »

I think the Tower Burger ad is quite funny actually. The ones that really annoy me are those pathetic KFC ones where they put voices into the cricketers :nooo
A big thanks to Fistinz for the signature
Rick James
Jason Croker

Post by Rick James »

Nerkster wrote:I think the Tower Burger ad is quite funny actually. The ones that really annoy me are those pathetic KFC ones where they put voices into the cricketers :nooo
Refresher Towel Refresher Towel!
Canberra Raiders Fan since 1984
Gold Member #3939 since 2006
2009 Golden Boogs MIA Award Winner
Stringer
John Ferguson

Post by Stringer »

Rick James wrote:
Nerkster wrote:I think the Tower Burger ad is quite funny actually. The ones that really annoy me are those pathetic KFC ones where they put voices into the cricketers :nooo
Refresher Towel Refresher Towel!
:x Sometimes i just want to.......... :lol:
A big thanks to Fistinz for the signature
Raiders Lime Milk
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Malcolm Norman Meninga

Post by Raiders Lime Milk »

The CGU Insurance ads with Susan the providore and Bill the alpaca farmer are two of the most unbearably bad ads I've seen. Why an insurance brand like CGU would taint their brand with rapping oldies is one of the great mysteries. Rapping oldies has been done a million times before and is NEVER funny. How the hell could they have though it was a great idea. Aaaaarrrrggghhhh!
Butters
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Butters »

1-eyedgreen wrote:The Raiders Green-Eyed commercial.

How, after the season we just had scoring so many awesome tries and playing such an exciting style of football, did we end up with an ad in an optometrists office with some old w*nker bitching about his patients and not a highlights reel to be seen???
I thought it was a terrific ad. Something a little different, more of that type of thing is needed. It looked professional.
PROUD MEMBER OF THE CONVERSION ENTHUSIASTS
2009 Golden Boogs: McLinden Award
david231280
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past - Laurie Daley
Current - Jarrod Croker

Post by david231280 »

BSB will agree with me on this (and anyone else who lived NEAR newcastle or gets newcastle TV) but Toolies Warehouse sh*ts me to tears and ANYTHING with Gary Hartley in it. Sure nearly every add during the footy and the footy show will have that w*nker in it.

Saw the guy once and gezz i'm surprised the japs didn't harpoon him
Uncensored
Simon Woolford

Post by Uncensored »

The Bigpond and 3 mobile broadband ads on Sky News... uhhhhgh! Makes me want to pick up my TV and chuck it out the window! They speak to their audience like they are such morons and sound like they have no idea about what they are on about themselves. 6GB of usage is NOT 'heaps'! That 'Bigpond Homes' one also gives me the ****.

The life insurance and funeral plan infomercials are also starting to seriously get on my nerves...
Ecz
Brett Mullins

Post by Ecz »

Bringing up a classic add...but does anyone else remember

"Don't put a tick, don't put a cross, put a one next to helen cross"

that add gave me the sh!ts...but it worked, i still remember is 5 or so years on
TORRENS TIGERS...2009 GH PREMIERSHIP
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by yeh raiders »

Raiders Lime Milk wrote:The CGU Insurance ads with Susan the providore and Bill the alpaca farmer are two of the most unbearably bad ads I've seen. Why an insurance brand like CGU would taint their brand with rapping oldies is one of the great mysteries. Rapping oldies has been done a million times before and is NEVER funny. How the hell could
they have though it was a great idea. Aaaaarrrrggghhhh!
OMFG ur spot on! i cannot get over how annoying those ads are. I will make a point of never purchasing CGU insurance cause of that ad!!
jedski
Ricky Stuart

Post by jedski »

yeh raiders wrote:OMFG ur spot on! i cannot get over how annoying those ads are. I will make a point of never purchasing CGU insurance cause of that ad!!
If in a few years you found that they were a few hundred dollars cheaper than anyone else, you'd seriously pay the extra just because of a short-run advertising campaign back in 2009? Seriously, never???
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Uncensored wrote:The Bigpond and 3 mobile broadband ads on Sky News... uhhhhgh! Makes me want to pick up my TV and chuck it out the window! They speak to their audience like they are such morons and sound like they have no idea about what they are on about themselves. 6GB of usage is NOT 'heaps'! That 'Bigpond Homes' one also gives me the ****.

The life insurance and funeral plan infomercials are also starting to seriously get on my nerves...
*putting my dweeb hat on*

i use close 2 12gb a month....

6gb is **** all... they dress mutton up like lamb to target tech illeterates

and im over seeing wrinkled old turpie talking about death cover...
Michael
Mal Meninga

Post by Michael »

Timmay wrote:
Uncensored wrote:The Bigpond and 3 mobile broadband ads on Sky News... uhhhhgh! Makes me want to pick up my TV and chuck it out the window! They speak to their audience like they are such morons and sound like they have no idea about what they are on about themselves. 6GB of usage is NOT 'heaps'! That 'Bigpond Homes' one also gives me the ****.

*putting my dweeb hat on*

i use close 2 12gb a month....

6gb is **** all... they dress mutton up like lamb to target normal people.

and im over seeing wrinkled old turpie talking about death cover...
Fixed.
Wiggy
Brett Mullins

Post by Wiggy »

Timmay wrote:
And the one for the tower burger pisses me off too, mainly cause that burger is terrible
I think this discussion will have to be moved to the religion thread.

The tower burger, is the best thing that has ever been ever.

It's a burger with a HASH BROWN ****. How can it not be great!
bmw1979
Gary Coyne
Favourite Player: JOEL MONAGHAN

Post by bmw1979 »

the ingham ad, if you dont like chicken there's something wrong with you. heres 2 points:

1: Vegetarian
2: allergic to chicken.

Im offended as I'm a vegetarian (and no there's nothing wrong with me)...
Brooke
member 3193
Bay 53, Row H seats 10 and 11
jedski
Ricky Stuart

Post by jedski »

bmw1979 wrote:the ingham ad, if you dont like chicken there's something wrong with you. heres 2 points:

1: Vegetarian
2: allergic to chicken.

Im offended as I'm a vegetarian (and no there's nothing wrong with me)...
I disagree. The Ingham's ads are actually among the best going at the moment. The humour is so dry, I think it's brilliant.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Wiggy wrote:
Timmay wrote:
I think this discussion will have to be moved to the religion thread.

The tower burger, is the best thing that has ever been ever.

It's a burger with a HASH BROWN ****. How can it not be great!
the concept is good... the hash brown tasted like rotten potato...
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

the fact is that all of these ads have made everyone in here talk about them and the product they are selling. which means they have succeeded.
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley

Post by yeh raiders »

jed wrote:
yeh raiders wrote:OMFG ur spot on! i cannot get over how annoying those ads are. I will make a point of never purchasing CGU insurance cause of that ad!!
If in a few years you found that they were a few hundred dollars cheaper than anyone else, you'd seriously pay the extra just because of a short-run advertising campaign back in 2009? Seriously, never???
Yes. Any company dumb enough to run an add campaign like that, cant be good at doing business.
Michael
Mal Meninga

Post by Michael »

I thought those CGU ads are ok - Susan's got rhythm...
Raiders Lime Milk
Brett Mullins

Michael wrote:I thought those CGU ads are ok - Susan's got rhythm...
Oh, Michael, Michael, Michael...
Raiders Lime Milk
Brett Mullins

yeh raiders wrote:
jed wrote:
Yes. Any company dumb enough to run an add campaign like that, cant be good at doing business.
I agree. I wouldn't choose their insurance on principle, cheaper or not. I can really hold a grudge.
Michael
Mal Meninga

Post by Michael »

Raiders Lime Milk wrote:
Michael wrote:I thought those CGU ads are ok - Susan's got rhythm...
Oh, Michael, Michael, Michael...
:lol: Seriously I don't mind those ads at all - they beat the hell out of all those beer ads that don't actually make sense, and just try and simulate the publicists idea of how blokey 20-year olds interact.
Raiders Lime Milk
Brett Mullins

True, those beer ads (Carlton Blonde, Heineken, XXXX) are all trying to be cool and edgy, and appealling to their perceived stereotype of young Aussie blokes. They really suck. The only thing worse than those ads' sterotyping of blokes are those compilation albums such as "Best Beer Drinking Songs", "Music for Blokes", "Aussie, Aussie, Aussie" etc (that always feature the usual suspects like Noiseworks and Nickelback), and the accompanying ads that run for them during the footy. The voiceover in the ads is always semi-aggressive too. Even worse is that people must actually buy those craptastic albums 'cos they keep churning them out.
Michael
Mal Meninga

Post by Michael »

The most annoying ones are the boat-building contest episodes - I can't even remember if its for XXXX Gold or VB Gold because I don't care. The ad where the boys are discussing nicknames is just excruciating...nobody I know talks like that with their mates.
Raiders Lime Milk
Brett Mullins

Michael wrote:The most annoying ones are the boat-building contest episodes - I can't even remember if its for XXXX Gold or VB Gold because I don't care. The ad where the boys are discussing nicknames is just excruciating...nobody I know talks like that with their mates.
They are for XXXX Gold and are awful. So forced and contrived. Nobody talks like that. One of the blokes doesn't even know why one of his best mates is nicknamed the Eggman, forchristssake. Anyone who did talk like that wouldn't be a mate of mine, plus they are all drinking mid-strength, which hardly anyone drinks anyway. VB Gold is the "shhhh" campaign which doesn't make any sense at all.
Michael
Mal Meninga

Post by Michael »

Raiders Lime Milk wrote:
Michael wrote:The most annoying ones are the boat-building contest episodes - I can't even remember if its for XXXX Gold or VB Gold because I don't care. The ad where the boys are discussing nicknames is just excruciating...nobody I know talks like that with their mates.
They are for XXXX Gold and are awful. So forced and contrived. Nobody talks like that. One of the blokes doesn't even know why one of his best mates is nicknamed the Eggman, forchristssake. Anyone who did talk like that wouldn't be a mate of mine, plus they are all drinking mid-strength, which hardly anyone drinks anyway. VB Gold is the "shhhh" campaign which doesn't make any sense at all.
Anybody I know who suggested their own nickname would be christened '****' for life.
Raiders Lime Milk
Brett Mullins

Michael wrote:
Raiders Lime Milk wrote:
Anybody I know who suggested their own nickname would be christened '****' for life.
And rightly so. I used to work with a guy who was called Aaron but insisted everyone call him A2K. Suffice to say, he was in advertising, but he even called himself that to clients and had A2K on his email signature. W@nker.
Shadow Boxer
Ricky Stuart

Post by Shadow Boxer »

The "shhhh" campaign is brilliant, we should have an emoticon for it