Ex Raiders... where are they now?

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Ex Raiders... where are they now?

Post by greeneyed »

Meninga makes wholesale swap for retail

QUEENSLAND State of Origin coach Mal Meninga has shifted his business focus from wholesale fruit and vegetable markets to retail at Albany Creek.

Mr Meninga has opened a new business at Albany Creek, Meninga Fresh, his second fruit and vegetable outlet after opening a shop in Waterford.

Meninga Fresh is operating out of the Centro shopping complex.

"I had been involved in wholesale for three years," Mr Meninga said.

"But we sold up at the Brisbane Markets recently and decided to go into retail."

Mr Meninga believed his knowledge of the wholesale industry would benefit his customers.

He said "we have a great understanding of the fruit and vegetable industry’' which would enable him to purchase quality produce at the right price, ensuring affordability at the shop counter.

Mr Meninga said his shop would be managed by Russell Walker.

Meninga Fresh is at Centro Albany Creek Shopping Centre.

http://pine-rivers-press.whereilive.com ... or-retail/
Foxhound
Brett Mullins

Re: Meninga makes wholesale swap for retail

Post by Foxhound »

its going to be a looooooooooooong offseason.

anyone want to start a stick cricket comp?
2008 Golden Boogs Nominee - Most Underrated Poster
2008 Golden Boogs WINNER - Best Thread Of The Year
DJ Raida
David Furner

Post by DJ Raida »

cause now u can go buy a mango from meninga :D
greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: Ex Raiders... what are they doing now?

Post by greeneyed »

OK, in the interests of making this thread slightly more interesting... how about... ex Raiders... what are they doing now?

Here's one for Brandon Costin...

Costin says Eagles can surprise

IF the Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles' defence is as resolute as their coaches, then their 2009 season should be a successful one.

When pressed whether he had set any goals for his fledgling team for the 2009 season, Brandon Costin repelled the question with the efficiency of a Steve Menzies ball-and-all tackle.

"Yes, (but) I can't tell you," he answered.

However, while making that blunt reply, it was obvious the man charged with leading the Sunshine Coast into its debut Queensland Cup campaign is quietly confident of making an immediate impact.

It was evident in the wry grin on his face as the words escaped from his mouth. The glint in his eye that screamed we're not here to make up the numbers.

"We have to put everything in place that will give ourselves the best chance of success," Costin said.

"You can't guarantee success because so many things happen in a game, but if we give ourselves the highest probability (to succeed) that's what we'll do."

Costin was in charge of this year's FOGS Cup outfit that enjoyed a purple patch of form at the end of the season.

For that reason, he's confident they'll be able to manage the step up.

"I really think we're going to get a lot of local players that are really going to be the surprise packets of the Queensland Cup," he said.

"Not just the Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles, but the whole Queensland Cup. You watch. There's a fair bit of experience and potential yet to be realised from those players, simply because they haven't had the competitive environment or arena to show it. Now they'll be playing in the second best competition in Australia, plus the quality players Manly will fly in to play alongside them they'll grow an extra leg."

The Sea Eagles have already signed two established Queensland Cup stars in Cameron Joyce (Wynnum-Manly) and Jack Pearson (Norths).

Despite the fact he languished in FOGS Cup for the Seagulls for much of this year, Costin rates dummy half Joyce very highly.

"It surprises me why he wasn't getting a look-in," Costin said. "I rate him the best Queensland Cup hooker in the competition. I had the pleasure of coaching him for two years previously at Souths Logan. He's a leader and we definitely need that leadership base here."

Costin believes Manly's premiership victory will give the club the kickstart it needs.

Not only to attract quality players, but to get bums on seats at their matches.

I think from our point of view we're a pathway to the NRL, and now we're a pathway to the current premiers," Costin said.

"If you're a young player and choosing who you want to play for at the moment, it would be Manly. I think we're going to get a few people knocking on the door wanting to be on that pathway. Thankfully we've got a bloke like (director of coaching) Dennis Moore who's been at the top for a long long time and is prepared to deliver all that experience to myself and the other coaches."

http://www.qrl.com.au
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Post by Woodgers »

greeneyed wrote:
thickos wrote:Ok, I'll bite...

... besides being about the great man himself, what's this got to do with anything?
It's Mal! Meninga!
There was actually a story I read somewhere that Andrew Johns sells fruit better than Big Mal. I can't find the link right now but i'm certain you'd love it...
We continue to **** about with blokes that are part of some fraternity. It's infuriating.
Nick
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by Nick »

Woodgers wrote:
greeneyed wrote:

... besides being about the great man himself, what's this got to do with anything?
It's Mal! Meninga!
There was actually a story I read somewhere that Andrew Johns sells fruit better than Big Mal. I can't find the link right now but i'm certain you'd love it...
You misread the article mate. It said 'andrew joins is a fruit' not that he sells it
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Re: Ex Raiders... what are they doing now?

Post by bonehead »

Luke Davico owns a Cafe in Darby st Newcastle

Brett Hetherington owns the Gunyah Hotel at Belmont(Newcastle).
Edrick The Entertainer
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde

Post by Woodgers »

Raider_69 wrote:
Woodgers wrote:
greeneyed wrote:

It's Mal! Meninga!
You misread the article mate. It said 'andrew joins is a fruit' not that he sells it
Nah, it said that like when fruit shops started selling the 'cooky' toffee apples, Joey (the pioneer) has come up with some new sweets like called disco biscuits.
We continue to **** about with blokes that are part of some fraternity. It's infuriating.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: Ex Raiders... where are they now?

Post by greeneyed »

You bastards are ruining a perfectly good "where are they now" thread... :rant :lol:
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde

Post by Woodgers »

Ha ha ha ha....GE if there are many more threads like this you'll be doing the 'where are they now' of GH forum members by November.

I'm struggling to work out why the original story was even run tbh.
The Naked Zombie
Gary Belcher

Post by The Naked Zombie »

Well we've all the the rumours about Mal's huge banana and gigantic set of plums. Good to see he's selling 'em on the streets.
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde

Post by Woodgers »

GCR wrote:Well we've all the the rumours about Mal's huge banana and gigantic set of plums. Good to see he's selling 'em on the streets.
:lol:
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Mickey_Raider »

...and the reality of a long off season kicks in.
Up The Milk
Crusher

Post by Crusher »

...and you guys complained about all the Todd Carney talk... at least it had something todo with football! :lol:
1-eyedgreen
Chris O'Sullivan
Location: Eating a steady diet of Government cheese, living in a van down by the river.

Post by 1-eyedgreen »

Has anyone else seen slammin' Sam Backo on the Aboriginal footy show they have on Fox?
I know what you're asking yourself and the answer is yes. I have a nick name for my *****. Its called the Octagon, but I also nick named my testes - my left one is James Westfall and my right one is Dr. Kenneth Noisewater.
Rodman
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: N/A

Post by Rodman »

Crusher wrote:...and you guys complained about all the Todd Carney talk... at least it had something todo with football! :lol:
I think I speak for everyone when I say keep the completely irrelevant Todd Carney references coming.

Your reputation as a poster of profound wit and substance continues to grow exponentially.
#BoneMcCrone
GR33NM4CH1N3_13
Dean Lance
Favourite Player: Josh Dugan

Post by GR33NM4CH1N3_13 »

Buc Nasty wrote:
Crusher wrote:...and you guys complained about all the Todd Carney talk... at least it had something todo with football! :lol:
I think I speak for everyone when I say keep the completely irrelevant Todd Carney references coming.

Your reputation as a poster of profound wit and substance continues to grow exponentially.

Very true, why even bring him up? Looks like one more thread is polluted. :doubt:
Golden Boogs winner for CALL OF THE YEAR
Crusher

Post by Crusher »

At least I'm not forgetting he exists like it is convenient for some to do. I wasn't derailing this thread at all, merely making a light hearted comment! Some people....
Raiders Lime Milk
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Malcolm Norman Meninga

Post by Raiders Lime Milk »

GR33NM4CH1N3_13 wrote:
Buc Nasty wrote:

Very true, why even bring him up? Looks like one more thread is polluted. :doubt:
Quick! Back to the talk of Meninga's plums!
Blindside
Simon Woolford

Post by Blindside »

Chris O'Sullivan works in the Canberra building industry. Looks even fitter than when he was playing.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

David Barnhill runs and owns a pub in Wagga.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Laurie daley works on the footy show.
This place is woke.
Nick
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by Nick »

I herd Craig Bellamy is doing some coaching work down south somewhere...
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Question wrote:Laurie daley works on the footy show.
\

:nooo
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Rodman
Laurie Daley

Post by Rodman »

dubby wrote:
\

Wow, I'm glad I decided against my Peter Jackson joke...
#BoneMcCrone
badonkadonk
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: CHICKA!

Post by badonkadonk »

Buc Nasty wrote:
dubby wrote:
\

I should bloody well hope so, any joke about a bloke who died tragically is f***king poor form, pull your head in you tool.
Rodman
Laurie Daley

Post by Rodman »

Michael Patrick wrote:
Buc Nasty wrote:
dubby wrote:
\

I should bloody well hope so, any joke about a bloke who died tragically is f***king poor form, pull your head in you tool.
Take it easy Johnny Come Lately.

Peter Jackson is one of my all-time favorite players, and in case you didn't notice, I didn't actually say anything disparaging about Jacko.

I suggest you try and redirect your anger towards more worthy causes.
#BoneMcCrone
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Ex Raiders players in coaching...

Ricky Stuart, Australia, Cronulla
Mal Meninga, Queensland
Laurie Daley, NSW Country
Craig Bellamy, NSW, Melbourne Storm
Ivan Henjak, Brisbane Broncos
Neil Henry, North Queensland Cowboys
Andrew Dunemann, Northern Pride, Queensland Cup
Brandon Costin, Sunshine Coast Eagles, Queensland Cup
Glenn Lazarus, Ipswich Jets, Queensland Cup
Kevin Walters, Les Catalans, ESL, previously Ipswich Jets, Queensland Cup

I also saw reference to Matty Wood coaching a Redcliffe Colts team a couple of years ago. That's all I can think of.

Brad Clyde... football manager, Canterbury Bulldogs
marcofski
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Gamblor

Post by marcofski »

Dean Lance - Football Manager at Nth Qld Cowboys

Does anyone remember what happened to the last 2 teams that Neil Henry and Dean Lance were involved together at?
Bye Bye Cowboys.
My favorite forum member is 100%Green. Why? Because anyone who can convince my wife who runs two watch shops and doesnt realy like the Raiders to buy me a limited edition centenary of league Raiders watch is alright in my books.

It's hard god-damn work being a Raiders supporter!
Rodman
Laurie Daley

Post by Rodman »

Brent Todd has had a pretty distinguished post-football career.
#BoneMcCrone
Guy Incognito
Jason Croker

Post by Guy Incognito »

Michael Maguire and Alex Corvo are both on the coaching staff at Melbourne.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Matt corkery now resides back in the ACT.
This place is woke.
newfnblood
Terry Campese
Favourite Player: Anybody who wears the jersey

Post by newfnblood »

Todd Carney
apparently off to Castleford......... :cool:
2014 another rebuilding phase
Raiders member number 12238
badonkadonk
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: CHICKA!

Post by badonkadonk »

Buc Nasty wrote:
Michael Patrick wrote:
Buc Nasty wrote:
dubby wrote:
\

Take it easy Johnny Come Lately.

Peter Jackson is one of my all-time favorite players, and in case you didn't notice, I didn't actually say anything disparaging about Jacko.

I suggest you try and redirect your anger towards more worthy causes.
It was the inference that you were going to tell a joke that got me fired up, why would you even go there?

As for describing him as one of your all time favourites, according to your profile you are 24 years old, making you about 4 or 5 when he left the Raiders for Brisbane, so you are stretching things there.

I will however take your advice about redirecting my anger towards something a lot more worthier than you...

Johnny.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

newfnblood wrote:Todd Carney
apparently off to Castleford......... :cool:
Anywhere near Huddesfield ;)
Edrick The Entertainer