Who is The GH member who no longer posts...

The social club of The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Re: Who is The GH member who no longer posts...

Post by zim »

He would have wanted you to be happy.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

reptar wrote: June 11, 2024, 3:11 pm Whatever happened to Northern Raider?
Been trying to work that out myself. If you find out let me know.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Raidersareawesome was a good bloke
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Deeman is another. Plus David231280
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Northern Raider wrote:
reptar wrote: June 11, 2024, 3:11 pm Whatever happened to Northern Raider?
Been trying to work that out myself. If you find out let me know.
I have a way to contact him. Let me reach out to him.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

The naked zombie (zom zom)

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

zim wrote: June 11, 2024, 4:42 pm He would have wanted you to be happy.
That's not the TR I know
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by reptar »

The Nickman wrote:
That's not the TR I know
Don’t go drinking with T_R in Kobe. Very dangerous.
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

The Nickman wrote: June 11, 2024, 5:50 pm
That's not the TR I know
That's not surprising.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Northern Raider wrote: June 11, 2024, 2:24 pm
gangrenous wrote: June 10, 2024, 8:01 pm I sometimes wonder which posters might have passed away with us none the wiser.

Morbid thought for the night.
I believe T_R falls into that category. Well known that he was outsourcing his contributions and when he passed on there was nobody to cancel the contract. Hence there are still posts being made on his behalf.
Was originally handled by a couple of Indian chaps I found on Airtasker, but now completely AI generated. It's not so much cancelling the contract as that the account has now become self-aware, which is more than I can say for the original owner.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

The Nickman wrote: June 11, 2024, 5:50 pm
That's not the TR I know
You know how it's important not to personalise things? Ignore that.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Whatever happened to Officer Tenpenny? I can't recall their last post!
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Lamenting Actions
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Grace Kemp

Post by Lamenting Actions »

reptar wrote: June 12, 2024, 9:59 am Whatever happened to Officer Tenpenny? I can't recall their last post!
I think we need to ask Carl Johnson.
-PJ- wrote: April 14, 2024, 9:07 pm I thought it went really good, now let’s go get some soft serve.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Whatever happened to Clyde 39?
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

T_R wrote: June 12, 2024, 8:29 am
Northern Raider wrote: June 11, 2024, 2:24 pm
gangrenous wrote: June 10, 2024, 8:01 pm I sometimes wonder which posters might have passed away with us none the wiser.

Morbid thought for the night.
I believe T_R falls into that category. Well known that he was outsourcing his contributions and when he passed on there was nobody to cancel the contract. Hence there are still posts being made on his behalf.
Was originally handled by a couple of Indian chaps I found on Airtasker, but now completely AI generated. It's not so much cancelling the contract as that the account has now become self-aware, which is more than I can say for the original owner.
Skynet is real
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Where’s Bipolar Bear these days?
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

And Rick James?

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk