Sea Eagles 13+
45%

Total votes: 11

mikeraider
Brett Mullins

Re: 2024 Round 9 v Sea Eagles: Game Day

Post by mikeraider »

Green Taipan wrote: May 3, 2024, 8:55 pm
Lucky wrote: May 3, 2024, 8:43 pm Gonna cop some grief for saying this but....
It appears to me as Papas heart just isnt in it anymore.... I mean whens the last time he has a real barnstorming game? these days hes lucky to make 100 metres and rarely bends the line... last week he had 5 errors too. its just sad to see cause i love a rampaging papali, but i think hes just gone a season too long...
Agree! I think it's time to part ways.
Nah I wrote about to, he looked bugged coming off at the sharks match, looked like he had enough the legend forward for the raiders, but I think he will last the year perfectly fine.
Canberra Raiders supporter though thick and thin from the very beginning.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

I guess now is when those of us who were still "on" Hudson Young - good yards all year, great effort we just post annoying reminders?
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

The Papalii take is ridiculous.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
BadnMean
Steve Walters

Re: What a win

Post by BadnMean »

BJ wrote: May 3, 2024, 8:56 pm That would have been magic. I was there in late 1991 when Mal scored late and kicked the winner from the sideline to keep us in the top 5.

Too many other times at Brookvale were very painful.
Was that the one at home vs Doggies when Mal reminded reporters after the match,

"It's an 80 minute game..."
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

Botman wrote:interesting alternate reality... if EW wins the challenge down 22-24, we probably kick for goal
I said in a group chat at the time and almost everyone in it agreed... losing the challenge and being forced to play for the win was a blessing in disguise and our best chance to snatch a very unlikely win

Curious if anyone else felt that way
I was thinking the same thing at the time. We suck when we are level or in front, that was a blessing in disguise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Butters
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Butters »

That was a special game to be at - mostly because of the **** I copped at halftime. Cocky pricks.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

PROUD MEMBER OF THE CONVERSION ENTHUSIASTS
2009 Golden Boogs: McLinden Award
NoMan
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Boogz

Post by NoMan »

julian87 wrote: May 3, 2024, 9:00 pm The Papalii take is ridiculous.
Yep, he didn't even get on until it was 20-0! I thought it was obvious trolling.
Last edited by NoMan on May 3, 2024, 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kryptonite
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Terry Reagan

Post by Kryptonite »

Botman wrote:interesting alternate reality... if EW wins the challenge down 22-24, we probably kick for goal
I said in a group chat at the time and almost everyone in it agreed... losing the challenge and being forced to play for the win was a blessing in disguise and our best chance to snatch a very unlikely win

Yep absolutely

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

I don’t think he has but Papali can afford to drop off a bit when we have Tapine and Horse playing well. 100% he is the guy you want there to mentor Mariota and Mooney into grade until they have their 30-50 games under their belts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BadnMean
Steve Walters

Post by BadnMean »

President Clinton wrote: May 3, 2024, 8:18 pm
julian87 wrote: May 3, 2024, 8:17 pm What a performance.
From the worst spine ever in NRL history!!! :lol:
Would like to see the score D Levi on vs D Levi off...
Hong Kong Raider
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Re: What a win

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

BadnMean wrote: May 3, 2024, 9:00 pm
BJ wrote: May 3, 2024, 8:56 pm That would have been magic. I was there in late 1991 when Mal scored late and kicked the winner from the sideline to keep us in the top 5.

Was that the one at home vs Doggies when Mal reminded reporters after the match,

Watched that one at Brookvale too. Great flick pass by Ricky to a steaming Mal. We won in the last 3 min by 1 point. But I was always confident someone would win it for us when we had players like Ricky, Mal, Daley, Clyde
benda
Brett Mullins

Post by benda »

Mickey_Raider wrote: May 3, 2024, 8:47 pm Before I watch the game back, can someone give me the executive summary as to how we won that because at the ground I was too busy getting my lid off.
Objective was for us to play with effort - that was accomplished.
Raiders scored a 2 tries purely based on errors Manly made. We scored 2 nice tries - one set-up by Weekes for Cotric and the second nice grubber from Strange for Young.

Our grit won us that game. My belief is that Manly underestimated us.
Old School Green
Dean Lance

Post by Old School Green »

NoMan wrote: May 3, 2024, 9:04 pm
Yep, he didn't even get on until it was 20-0! I thought it was obvious trolling.
Yes it’s definitely not lack of heart it’s just he’s in the twilight of his career. Front rowers don’t play like they did early on in their careers late in their careers. Different role. Legit the Papa of the pack and I would bet the GOAT and inspo for Mariota; Mooney; Saulo etc
87, 89, 90, 91, 94, 19
I was there. Go the Milk !!
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

raiderskater wrote:
Greengoblin wrote: May 3, 2024, 8:21 pm How good was that. Same vibes as the broncos win at Suncorp last year.
Welcome back Cotric. Young halves showed their character and kudos to Ricky.
Vibes are immaculate!
I was just saying that to my dad. The team gets beaten soundly two games in a row, then a beloved veteran captain maligned by certain "fans" as past it is recalled and inspires the team to dig deep in their hearts and win a game nobody expected us to. I've seen this movie before!
So Croker wasn't past it? Hot take!
benda
Brett Mullins

Post by benda »

Botman wrote: May 3, 2024, 8:54 pm interesting alternate reality... if EW wins the challenge down 22-24, we probably kick for goal

Agree. Experience would have proven to be the key factor in winning extra time.
Riaan
John Ferguson

Post by Riaan »

Elliot Whitehead ladies and gentleman......what a game.
benda
Brett Mullins

Post by benda »

Dr Zaius wrote: May 3, 2024, 9:16 pm
raiderskater wrote:
Greengoblin wrote: May 3, 2024, 8:21 pm How good was that. Same vibes as the broncos win at Suncorp last year.
Vibes are immaculate!
I was just saying that to my dad. The team gets beaten soundly two games in a row, then a beloved veteran captain maligned by certain "fans" as past it is recalled and inspires the team to dig deep in their hearts and win a game nobody expected us to. I've seen this movie before!
It reminded me of the game last year when Croker came back against Broncos and we won.

Whitehead's experience 100% got us through this game.. however I don't think he is fit enough to play week in week out.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Old School Green wrote:
NoMan wrote: May 3, 2024, 9:04 pm
Yes it’s definitely not lack of heart it’s just he’s in the twilight of his career. Front rowers don’t play like they did early on in their careers late in their careers. Different role. Legit the Papa of the pack and I would bet the GOAT and inspo for Mariota; Mooney; Saulo etc
Yeah, Papalii's value to us is off the bench these days. He provides leadership to that second unit.

Will see what happens when Horsburgh is fit, but Taps should be starting with Mariota or Horsburgh, with Papa, Mooney and Ata/Hors off the bench.

I'm quietly confident Rapana will replace Hopoate and I'm increasingly hopeful I've seen the end of Schiller in First Grade.

Just need to sort out the #9 issue.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk

Ruben Daley
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Kenny Nagas

Post by Ruben Daley »

Botman wrote: May 3, 2024, 8:54 pm interesting alternate reality... if EW wins the challenge down 22-24, we probably kick for goal

100%!

In my house, the consensus was that if we win the challenge, either Kaeo misses and we lose or Kaeo hits it and DCE kicks a field goal to win.
President Clinton
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Clinton Schifcofske

Post by President Clinton »

benda wrote: May 3, 2024, 9:23 pm
Dr Zaius wrote: May 3, 2024, 9:16 pm
raiderskater wrote:
Vibes are immaculate!
It reminded me of the game last year when Croker came back against Broncos and we won.

Whitehead's experience 100% got us through this game.. however I don't think he is fit enough to play week in week out.
He’ll be ok. Just needs some game conditioning. I hope Hosking comes back at some stage though to give us more depth.
Kryptonite
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Terry Reagan

Post by Kryptonite »

Dr Zaius wrote:
raiderskater wrote:
Vibes are immaculate!
**** Spare us the semantics

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Yeah, it's easy to say in hindsight, but I am very happy we were forced to back our attack to win the game. History says extra time vs DCE is an ordinary bet.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk

Ruben Daley
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Kenny Nagas

Post by Ruben Daley »

Mickey_Raider wrote: May 3, 2024, 8:41 pm Just back from the hill at Brookie.

You know it is a good night at the office when the shirts are off and Manly fans are so triggered they are chucking cans.

Hahaha what a beautiful night.

Enjoy.
So envious! I could think of nothing better than coming from 20-0 down to win against Manly at Brookvale.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Strange already setting himself up as a bit of a match winner. First the Titans game and then the perfect grubber in this game. Great to see from such a young guy.
Greedysmurf
Dean Lance
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by Greedysmurf »

The Greenhouse wrote: May 3, 2024, 6:07 pm 6th min DCE kicked ahead for Garrick out wide on an early tackle, but Seb Kris produces the try saving tackle.
Can anyone who was at the ground comment on whether Garrick was onside for this kick? I know he's quick, but he seemed to cover an awful lot of distance very quickly.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Yep, I even said it in this very thread.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

President Clinton wrote:

100%

And we RETAINED the challenge. It was perfect. We aren’t winning a field goal shoot out against DCE.
Apparently we can’t even beat a team with DCE in it… according to the “true believers” anyway
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

BadnMean wrote:

Nah the Brookvale game. But I remember that one at Bruce too.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

This team will never cease to do my head in
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Azza wrote: May 3, 2024, 9:44 pm This team will never cease to do my head in
Exactly..

Every now and then they produce gold and we love them again.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
BadnMean
Steve Walters

Post by BadnMean »

zim wrote: May 3, 2024, 9:28 pm Strange already setting himself up as a bit of a match winner. First the Titans game and then the perfect grubber in this game. Great to see from such a young guy.
Huge plays from a rooky half. Massive competitor in him.

Lachlan Galpin is getting some hype with comparable attacking stats off a smaller sample.

Almost unfair to expect it from him at this stage but he's done it. While Luke Brooks was on the Ferry out in the 2nd half?
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

BadnMean wrote:I guess now is when those of us who were still "on" Hudson Young - good yards all year, great effort we just post annoying reminders?
I thought he was still very ordinary with a lot of ill discipline…
BJ
Steve Walters

2024 Round 9 v Sea Eagles: Game Day

Post by BJ »

Actually well highlighted, Brooks was a bit off tonight. He’s been very up and down this season.

He’s a good player when his team is on the front foot, but seems to struggle when his team is under the pump.
BadnMean
Steve Walters

Post by BadnMean »

gangrenous wrote: May 3, 2024, 9:54 pm
BadnMean wrote:I guess now is when those of us who were still "on" Hudson Young - good yards all year, great effort we just post annoying reminders?
I thought he was still very ordinary with a lot of ill discipline…
110m+ (only 2 forwards cracked the ton on a night when yards were hard),
36 tackles in the pouring wet,
matchwinning try.

Yeah awful form. If he was any good he'd be in the top running stats for backrower... oh wait he is.
He's going better than the criticism is. But he's not winning many games off his own bat I guess- sheesh.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Im with Gangy... he worked hard and that goes a long way... and a nice job in scoring the game winner, but that's a gimmie off the back of someone elses good kick
Otherwise he was OK! not complaints really and a step up from his form so far this year, but nothing to write home about at all.

Very early for a lap of honour on that imo.