Sharks 13+
19%

Total votes: 27

Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Re: 2024 Rd 4 v Sharks: Teams and Previews

Post by Botman »

Have you actually watched those teams play? Because I have and rest assured Levi based on output thus far isn’t playing ahead of any of Lussick, Randall, Verrills, Smith, Watson and Croker.
NoMan
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Boogz

Post by NoMan »

Manly punted him once already and he hasn't improved.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Botman wrote: March 25, 2024, 3:19 pm Hors, Ata, Mooney, Saulo, Guler and Whitehead

6 have to go into 3. If you gave any other club their choice of 3 of these players, I am extremely confident in saying every single club would pick Hors, Ata and Mooney.
That's purely subjective.

And you know it.

Would Mooney stroll into NQ? Broncos? Roosters? Panthers?

He'll no, and not many others

This place is an echo chamber.

We all know EW has played too long. But TM is not an edge.

So you want him to supplant Guler or Pasami.

Guler I get. He's mediocre.

Pasami. IF Mooney wants that spot he has to earn it and stop kicking stones. I know you'll have an opinion on this. But maybe, just maybe, he needs to show a new level of professionalism to take that bench spot.

I'm not against your opinion, but you well know there's more going on behind the scenes.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

NoMan wrote: March 25, 2024, 4:43 pm Manly punted him once already and he hasn't improved.
Indeed
And the guy they signed to replace him has been in the team every since. No chance he's in the mix for Manly :lol:
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Bluesbrother wrote: March 25, 2024, 4:22 pm Manly is another club he'd be in the mix for.
No.

Manly players have said Croker is the glue.

Which personally I think is sticking up for the ugly kid, but I dispute that assumption
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Dylan’s Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Dylan’s Raiders »

I think it will be the same 17 as last week with Kris in for Cotric but I would love to see:

1. Jordan Rapana
2. Albert Hopoate
3. Matt Timoko
4. Seb Kris
5. Xavier Savage
6. Ethan Strange
7. Jamal Fogarty
8. Josh Papali’i
9. Danny Levi
10. Joseph Tapine
11. Hudson Young
12. Zac Hosking
13. Morgan Smithies

14. Hohepa Puru
15. Corey Horsburgh
16. Ata Mariota
17. Trey Mooney

18. Elliott Whitehead
19. Emre Guler
20. Pasami Saulo
21. Kaeo Weekes

Regardless Ethan Strange is getting peppered in defence and we need Hudson Young to step up and help in defence.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

dubby wrote: March 25, 2024, 4:48 pm
Botman wrote: March 25, 2024, 3:19 pm Hors, Ata, Mooney, Saulo, Guler and Whitehead

6 have to go into 3. If you gave any other club their choice of 3 of these players, I am extremely confident in saying every single club would pick Hors, Ata and Mooney.

And you know it.

Pasami. IF Mooney wants that spot he has to earn it and stop kicking stones. I know you'll have an opinion on this. But maybe, just maybe, he needs to show a new level of professionalism to take that bench spot.

I'm not against your opinion, but you well know there's more going on behind the scenes.
Ahh here we go again, character assassination :lol:
Right on cue! You really aught to provide a source for such speculative claims or edit them out.
Bluesbrother
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Bluesbrother »

Botman wrote: March 25, 2024, 4:40 pm Have you actually watched those teams play? Because I have and rest assured Levi based on output thus far isn’t playing ahead of any of Lussick, Randall, Verrills, Smith, Watson and Croker.
Based on what? Your opinion?
radicalraider
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by radicalraider »

We stuck with the wrong croker.. we could do with Lachlan atm
Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson

Post by Raiders_Pat »

And you know it.

Lmfao 197 metres off of 17 runs and a try on the weekend... one of the best NSW cup players so far this year, basically making a mockery of the competition... but he's kicking stones? Right.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Bluesbrother wrote: March 25, 2024, 5:04 pm
Botman wrote: March 25, 2024, 4:40 pm Have you actually watched those teams play? Because I have and rest assured Levi based on output thus far isn’t playing ahead of any of Lussick, Randall, Verrills, Smith, Watson and Croker.
And you saying he'd be in the mix for those clubs is also based on... drum roll please... your opinion?
See how that works? :lol:
Regs Revolution
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Regs Revolution »

Bluesbrother wrote: March 25, 2024, 4:21 pm
Botman wrote: March 25, 2024, 6:04 am
Billy Walker wrote: March 25, 2024, 5:14 am So many options, but I’m still of the strong view that Danny Levi is the best 9 in the club and is who Ricky will pick when the team is announced tomorrow.
Must have missed this so I’ll ask again!
Genuine question, Billy... And ill propose it two different ways and give you dealers choices

1. There are 17 starting hookers in this league. Where does Danny Levi rank amongst them for you?

2. There are 16 other clubs in the competition. Raiders aside, what other clubs do you think he'd start for?
Eels, Titans, Roosters, Dragons. There's a few there where Danny would be in the mix.

I think you have summed it up well. There is very little between Danny and Woolford. Therefore, it's down to the coaches to make that call with the additional information at their disposal. Danny clearly ranks better in their eyes in all these areas. I.e. Training, respevt of teammates to name a few.
Roosters? Levi over Smith? Am I reading this right?
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Neeeegz wrote:Watched the warriors game again and EW really offers nothing anymore and it's a shame, he's been one of the best club men and players we've had, tough and skill full, but looks a shadow of himself. Needs cup time for fitness, too slow now.
Hopoate can never be picked at centre again. Ever.
Cotric doesn't have it. Asomua does.
Savage has it. One of the first picked now.
Why didn't weekes play cup ? I hope Ricky isn't gonna put him at 5/8 this week... good way to get the sharks a win
Loved how the coach doubled down with Whitehead and used two interchanges with him.

Haha, elite strategy.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk

Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson

Post by Raiders_Pat »

I think it's a matter of fact that there is a 0% chance he would start at the Roosters at least. It's a ridiculous claim. The other clubs listed are a stretch too.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Love the Levi debate.

At this stage I'm taking Starling to start. That's how good Levi is.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk

NoMan
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Boogz

Post by NoMan »

And you know it.

Earn it how? His performances in NSW cup could not be better. They are the best I have ever seen from a middle at that level over a sustained period. Saulo could not produce the same, guaranteed.

I have no idea about what you are alluding to, nor do I want to know. I just don't think its an echo chamber if most people are seeing him play and then wanting him selected. Because it's black and white in that case.
Bluesbrother
Brett Mullins

Post by Bluesbrother »

Botman wrote: March 25, 2024, 5:06 pm
And you saying he'd be in the mix for those clubs is also based on... drum roll please... your opinion?
That's the point though. You don't like Levi so you notice all the negative things he does. It's called confirmation bias.

He is an average NRL player but so are all those guys at those clubs. Except Smith. He is an outstanding player, just not an outstanding 9.
Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson

Post by Raiders_Pat »

Bluesbrother wrote: March 25, 2024, 5:36 pm
That's the point though. You don't like Levi so you notice all the negative things he does. It's called confirmation bias.

He is an average NRL player but so are all those guys at those clubs. Except Smith. He is an outstanding player, just not an outstanding 9.
You're joking. I guarantee you are the only person on earth who believes Levi is a better 9 than Brandon Smith.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Billy Walker wrote: March 25, 2024, 5:14 am So many options, but I’m still of the strong view that Danny Levi is the best 9 in the club and is who Ricky will pick when the team is announced tomorrow.
Genuine question, Billy... And ill propose it two different ways and give you dealers choices

1. There are 17 starting hookers in this league. Where does Danny Levi rank amongst them for you?

2. There are 16 other clubs in the competition. Raiders aside, what other clubs do you think he'd start for?
Hey Botto - what’s it matter whether I rank him 1 or 17 or somewhere in between? My comment acknowledged that there are plenty of options at the raiders but I think Levi is the best of them. That is an indisputable fact because it is what I think whether you or others hold a different view or not. I also think Ricky will name him in the 9 jumper tomorrow. You might be sad that I think both those things, and sadder still if Ricky does pick him as I believe he will. But how you or others feel doesn’t bother me and I’m going to go out on a limb and say I that I think it is unlikely to both Ricky or Danny either. :roflmao

In terms of your guessing game, put the numbers 1 to 17 in a hat and draw one out and feel free to attribute that as my ranking, because that is entirely how relevant it is :roflmao
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

That's is the point though is it? Because you like Stuart so you never see or acknowledge his short comings. It's called confirmation bias.
See how that works? See how all your arguments can so very easily be turned around and pointed straight back at you?

You say he's an average NRL player, that's an opinion.
I say he's a below average NRL player, that's an opinion.
You cant dismiss my view on the basis is it is just an opinion without dismissing your own. At which point, why bother posting at all if opinions shouldnt be put forward and discussed?

I have an opinion, you have an opinion, every poster on this site has an opinion, the coach has an opinion!
And yes the coach has more information from which to base his opinion on but as we've seen time and time again, that has stopped the coach from being wrong before and as has also been shown time and time again, missing some information has not stopped people on this forum from being right before either.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Brandon Smith will no limbs is still better than Danny Levi.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Raiders_Pat wrote: March 25, 2024, 5:43 pm

You're joking. I guarantee you are the only person on earth who believes Levi is a better 9 than Brandon Smith.
But what if he does? I feel like there are two options. 1. Accept that Blues holds an opinion that differs widely from your own - life goes on. Or 2. Get out the pitchforks and go after this guy for daring to have a view that differs from the herd. Scream and shout in an attempt to make him conform to the echo chamber.

Blues thinks Levi is a better 9 than Smith. Cool. Good to know. The stars will keep turning. :lol: Some of you need to get a grip and stop being so threatened by views that differ to your own.
The Ang
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by The Ang »

Raiders_Pat wrote: March 25, 2024, 5:05 pm

And you know it.

Lmfao 197 metres off of 17 runs and a try on the weekend... one of the best NSW cup players so far this year, basically making a mockery of the competition... but he's kicking stones? Right.
Didn’t he have similar stats last week? Yeah, kicking stones 🤦🏻‍♂️
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

This place has degenerated into the Facebook page.. **** me

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

-PJ- wrote: March 25, 2024, 5:52 pm Brandon Smith will no limbs is still better than Danny Levi.
He’d be constantly penalised for flop tackles and his play the ball speed would be quite slow. But I did get a good chuckle from that :roflmao
Bluesbrother
Brett Mullins

Post by Bluesbrother »

Botman wrote: March 25, 2024, 5:48 pm

That's is the point though is it? Because you like Stuart so you never see or acknowledge his short comings. It's called confirmation bias.
See how that works? See how all your arguments can so very easily be turned around and pointed straight back at you?

You cant dismiss my view on the basis is it is just an opinion without dismissing your own. At which point, why bother posting at all if opinions shouldnt be put forward and discussed?

I have an opinion, you have an opinion, every poster on this site has an opinion, the coach has an opinion!
And yes the coach has more information from which to base his opinion on but as we've seen time and time again, that has stopped the coach from being wrong before and as has also been shown time and time again, missing some information has not stopped people on this forum from being right before either.
We can go on about it but it come back to Woolford vs Levi. Right now, we are playing better football than any period where Woolford has been our 9. 9 touches the ball more than any other player so it's fair to say Danny is playing a role in our much improved attack.
Bluesbrother
Brett Mullins

Post by Bluesbrother »

Smith sucks at 9 IMO. I wouldn't want him here playing that position put it that way. I don't think he would improve us by much at all. I guess that's how I'd argue it. Is he a better football player than Levi? Absolutely. However, he doesn't do much for me at 9.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Bluesbrother wrote:

See how that works? Image

We can go on about it but it come back to Woolford vs Levi. Right now, we are playing better football than any period where Woolford has been our 9. 9 touches the ball more than any other player so it's fair to say Danny is playing a role in our much improved attack.
rubbish, our attack is clunky as hell and it starts with a dummy half who can't pass straight.
Woolford can at least pass long on target.

I'm over our 9's, none of them are up to nrl standard

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson

Post by Raiders_Pat »

Billy Walker wrote: March 25, 2024, 5:56 pm

But what if he does? I feel like there are two options. 1. Accept that Blues holds an opinion that differs widely from your own - life goes on. Or 2. Get out the pitchforks and go after this guy for daring to have a view that differs from the herd. Scream and shout in an attempt to make him conform to the echo chamber.

Blues thinks Levi is a better 9 than Smith. Cool. Good to know. The stars will keep turning. :lol: Some of you need to get a grip and stop being so threatened by views that differ to your own.
Lol Bluesbrother doesn't need to conform to anything. He has an opinion and I am of the view that his opinion is ridiculous. That is all.

But keep taking the moral high ground as you blow smoke up the guy's **** to encourage further idiocy.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Woolford was good on Saturday. The best performed hookers at the club in Round 3 were Woolford and Trevilyan.
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past: Daley
Present: Strange

Post by Dusty »

1. Rapana/Stewart
2. Hopoate/Rapana
3. Timoko
4. Kris
5. Savage
6. Strange
7. Fogarty
8. Papalii
9. Levi
10. Tapine (c)
11. Young
12. Hosking
13. Smithies

14. Puru /Starling
15. Mooney
16. Mariota
17. Horsburgh

18. Whitehead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bluesbrother
Brett Mullins

Post by Bluesbrother »

bonehead wrote: March 25, 2024, 6:09 pm
Bluesbrother wrote:

See how that works? Image

rubbish, our attack is clunky as hell and it starts with a dummy half who can't pass straight.
Woolford can at least pass long on target.

I'm over our 9's, none of them are up to nrl standard

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk
2 x 13 + wins would suggest otherwise.

Didn't happen once last season.

Also, Levi's long ball is significantly faster than Woolford, giving our players more time with ball in hand to create.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

13+ is a margin bet... it's the difference between what we score and what they score, meaning defence has equal weightin. 13+ isnt an attacking state

Last year we averaged 20.5 points per game scored
Through 3 games we have averaged 23.3... we're a tick over a penalty goal better this year

Last year we averaged 27.3 points per game conceded
Through 3 games we have averaged 14 points per game conceded

The driving force of the 13+ margin victories has not been attack, quite clearly it's been defence. Of which Levi is a statistically poor performer in.
Cranky Old Man
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Sam Backo

Post by Cranky Old Man »

Those questions dont matter. All the other hookers in all the other clubs arent available to play for the Raiders, so their rankings dont count for anything.
What we have is what we have to work with. Not a lot of elite quality in the options, but each has their strengths so to speak. Tweedle dum and tweedle dee as far as I can see. I,d like to see what Puru could offer but I,m not sure if first grade is the place for experimentation.
In the longer term I have faith in Trev, and like GE I am a fan of Brophy.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Botman wrote:But if someone thinks Levi is the best 9 at the club and also think he's one of the worst starters in the league, i can vehemently disagree on the first part but we can at least find common ground in that we can agree that we desperately need an upgrade at the position.
The questions were aimed to attempt to find some common ground on this issue.