Post by thevikingclap on ig »

Hosking to start
Finchy
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Re: 2024 Rd 3 v Warriors: Teams and Previews

Post by Finchy »

Bluesbrother wrote: March 19, 2024, 2:35 pm
The Ang wrote: March 19, 2024, 2:23 pm What’s the bet Mariota is one of the unlucky blokes to make way 🙄
Highly doubt it.
Prophetic from The Ang
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Re: 2024 Rd 3 v Warriors: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by Northern Raider »

I assume Whitehead went to his sister's wedding.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Crusader
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Crusader »

disappointed with the team tbh, but Technically its

8. Australian/Queensland/Samoan Prop
10. New Zealand/Maori Allstar Prop
11. NSW Rep
12. England 2nd Row
13. England foward
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

Where is Horse? Did Stick read the game day thread and assume he still had another week left?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Finchy
Ruben Wiki

Post by Finchy »

The club must be as mistaken as the media and think he can’t come back until next week
Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Raiders_Pat »

Bluesbrother wrote: March 19, 2024, 3:39 pm I can't see the team lining up the way it's been named.
Okay, how do you see them lining up?
Bluesbrother
Brett Mullins

Post by Bluesbrother »

Gee this place is ridiculous. Why are we going so well to start the season? Because the club, and it's staff, knows what it's doing.

People crying over a team list named on a Tuesday.

Trust the process.

Blaming Ricky for a team named on a Tuesday like he has just dropped a premiership.

1. It's unlikely that's how we will line up - our Tuesday teams are changed about 50% of the time prior to game day.
and 2. Even if it is, trust the coaches that they know what's going on. They have us in a good position right now.
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

Bluesbrother wrote: March 19, 2024, 3:47 pm Gee this place is ridiculous. Why are we going so well to start the season? Because the club, and it's staff, knows what it's doing.

Trust the process.

Blaming Ricky for a team named on a Tuesday like he has just dropped a premiership.

1. It's unlikely that's how we will line up - our Tuesday teams are changed about 50% of the time prior to game day.
and 2. Even if it is, trust the coaches that they know what's going on. They have us in a good position right now.
Just this place? Check Facebook and Instagram comments, including from non-Raiders fans
Bigcheese
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: The Volcano

Post by Bigcheese »

I expected Whitehead to be back starting but it’s so so disappointing to see Mariota dropped, I honestly thought it’d be Guler.
Finchy
Ruben Wiki

Post by Finchy »

He’s mates with Ricky, of course he’s going to defend anything the man does
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Raiders_Pat wrote: March 19, 2024, 3:46 pm
Bluesbrother wrote: March 19, 2024, 3:39 pm I can't see the team lining up the way it's been named.
I think Hosking will start in front of EW
But I expect the rest of the side to be as is
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Bluesbrother wrote: March 19, 2024, 3:47 pm Gee this place is ridiculous. Why are we going so well to start the season? Because the club, and it's staff, knows what it's doing.

Trust the process.

One of the reasons we've been going so well is because we brought in a starting back rower from the premiership winning team. That player has been our best for the first 2 weeks. What happened to Ricky's philosophy from last year about not changing a winning team?
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Dylan’s Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Dylan’s Raiders »

Low key I genuinely think the club thinks Horse has another week - he doesn’t need to return via cup. It’s suspension unlike the 36 year old second rower.

Also because I’m still annoyed at the Guler selection…
2022: 76 run metres per game
2023: 87 run metres per game

Career average of 0.83 tackle breaks per game
Career average of 0.5 offloads per game
Career average of 2.2 missed tackles per game

I know he is a bench prop but what am I missing? What is he brining to the team because it isn’t run meters, opportunity, enthusiasm or second phase play. Just reminds of me Dane Tilse getting picked every week
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Trust the process.

Good post.
Bluesbrother
Brett Mullins

Post by Bluesbrother »

Finchy wrote: March 19, 2024, 3:51 pm He’s mates with Ricky, of course he’s going to defend anything the man does
You know more than Rick. Pop your number down and I'll make sure he runs his selection, recruitment and retention decisions by you.

You and your online mates bagging Ricky every chance you get from your protected lounge room. Get out and do something if you want to change it.
NoMan
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Boogz

Post by NoMan »

FWIW, the team associated with the term "Trust the Process" hasn't won a competition in 40 years.
Ultima
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Ultima »

Hoskings on the bench for Whitehead... Utter insanity!
Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson

Post by Raiders_Pat »

Dylan’s Raiders wrote: March 19, 2024, 3:54 pm Low key I genuinely think the club thinks Horse has another week - he doesn’t need to return via cup. It’s suspension unlike the 36 year old second rower.

I know he is a bench prop but what am I missing? What is he brining to the team because it isn’t run meters, opportunity, enthusiasm or second phase play. Just reminds of me Dane Tilse getting picked every week
Raiders propaganda mouthpiece The Canberra Times has confirmed that Horsburgh is available but will play NSW cup this week
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

kiwi raider wrote: March 19, 2024, 3:24 pm Assume horsburgh will play nsw cup to get minutes under his belt?
That would be my understanding
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Dylan’s Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske

Raiders_Pat wrote: March 19, 2024, 4:00 pm
Dylan’s Raiders wrote: March 19, 2024, 3:54 pm Low key I genuinely think the club thinks Horse has another week - he doesn’t need to return via cup. It’s suspension unlike the 36 year old second rower.

Raiders propaganda mouthpiece The Canberra Times has confirmed that Horsburgh is available but will play NSW cup this week
I just saw that article after I posted… the only game time difference between horse and smelly is 20 minutes in the trial… again, it’s picking Guler and Saulo ahead of others
NoMan
Brett Mullins

Post by NoMan »

I don't mind the Horse one, no idea what his fitness levels are and it wouldn't be the first time he needs to get matchfit coming out of the offseason.

NSW cup would've been stacked if first grade was a home game.

*edit* Hang on, Horse isn't named in NSW Cup?
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Warriors by 43
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Maybe Hors and Stick had a blow up and they’re in the middle of a multi month period of not talking to each other :lol:
Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson

Post by Raiders_Pat »

Botman wrote: March 19, 2024, 3:52 pm
Whilst I don't believe Whitehead should have walked straight into a starting spot ahead of Hosking who has been one of our best players in the opening two rounds, I don't think it particularly matters whether Whitehead starts or comes off the bench tbh. If that's the only change then I don't see the point of the initial comment suggesting it won't be the way we line up... we're essentially looking at the same side either way.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

To the point, why was Ata dropped?

Guler dead set is not ahead of Ata.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
NoMan
Brett Mullins

Post by NoMan »

Raiders_Pat wrote: March 19, 2024, 4:08 pm
Whilst I don't believe Whitehead should have walked straight into a starting spot ahead of Hosking who has been one of our best players in the opening two rounds, I don't think it particularly matters whether Whitehead starts or comes off the bench tbh. If that's the only change then I don't see the point of the initial comment suggesting it won't be the way we line up... we're essentially looking at the same side either way.
The difference is a bench second rower usually gets 20 minutes a game max. If Whitehead is benched, I don't see him getting a lot of minutes.
Regs Revolution
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Regs Revolution »

Bluesbrother wrote: March 19, 2024, 3:55 pm
Finchy wrote: March 19, 2024, 3:51 pm He’s mates with Ricky, of course he’s going to defend anything the man does
You know more than Rick. Pop your number down and I'll make sure he runs his selection, recruitment and retention decisions by you.

You and your online mates bagging Ricky every chance you get from your protected lounge room. Get out and do something if you want to change it.
Alright I will. Tomorrow, I’m gonna punch Lenny in the back of the head!
Dylan’s Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske

Horse isn’t listed in the cup side and I maintain the club had no idea he could play
Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson

Post by Raiders_Pat »

NoMan wrote: March 19, 2024, 4:09 pm
Raiders_Pat wrote: March 19, 2024, 4:08 pm
The difference is a bench second rower usually gets 20 minutes a game max. If Whitehead is benched, I don't see him getting a lot of minutes.
You can always start Whitehead at second row for 20 mins and then bring on Hosking to play the rest of the game there, with Whitehead back on in the final 15-20 min at lock. It doesn't make all that much of a difference imo.
Finchy
Ruben Wiki

Post by Finchy »

Dylan’s Raiders wrote: March 19, 2024, 4:12 pm Horse isn’t listed in the cup side and I maintain the club had no idea he could play
Can someone please let the club know he can?
Bluesbrother
Brett Mullins

Post by Bluesbrother »

Fans criticising at every chance they get. We're sitting 2-0 on top of the competition. 4 of the last 5 finals series, looking like we will get to another finals series this season. In a transition year might I add. Yet our fans take every opportunity to bag selections and pontificate like they know more than the combined football IQ of the entire raiders NRL coaching staff, which consists of 1000's of games worth of coaching experience. It's honestly baffling the ignorance of some.

Are you fans or are you just people who never got anywhere in your own life so you jump on and bag people to make yourselves feel important?
Dylan’s Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske

Bluesbrother wrote: March 19, 2024, 4:16 pm Fans criticising at every chance they get. We're sitting 2-0 on top of the competition. 4 of the last 5 finals series, looking like we will get to another finals series this season. In a transition year might I add. Yet our fans take every opportunity to bag selections and pontificate like they know more than the combined football IQ of the entire raiders NRL coaching staff, which consists of 1000's of games worth of coaching experience. It's honestly baffling the ignorance of some.

Are you fans or are you just people who never got anywhere in your own life so you jump on and bag people to make yourselves feel important?
And I will continue to slag off Guler any chance I get until he gives me reason not to. You can still win games and make objectively poor team selections.
Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson

Post by Raiders_Pat »

dubby wrote: March 19, 2024, 4:08 pm

To the point, why was Ata dropped?

Guler dead set is not ahead of Ata.
Guler is third in the front row pecking order. He played in the 2019 grand final. That's all there is to it.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Bluesbrother wrote: March 19, 2024, 3:55 pm

Not that I think a TLT warrants this kind of action but there was a time where a group of fans did decide to investigate doing something to change it.

Do you know what they discovered? The club has set it self up in a way in which there is absolutely no recourse for a fan or group of fans even air frustrations and have the club listen to them, let alone actually impact change :lol:

So I’d be really eager to know what exactly you expect a fan to do?