Warriors 13+
37%

Total votes: 27

PerthRaider86
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii - Alan Tongue

Re: 2024 Rd 3 v Warriors: Teams and Previews

Post by PerthRaider86 »

Anyone putting EW straight back into the starting line up has rocks in their heads.

Hosking has done everything right and deserves the 12.

If Whitehead has to be in the 17 then a bench spot in fine with a 10/15min cameo either side of half time
Perth Based Raiders Fan
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

I agree with the majority of views on here that Hoskings is our man and EW would be a backwards step. I also share the concerns many have raised about Ricky’s loyalty to him and possible desire to get him back in. I definitely don’t think this should happen, but if Ricky is keen to find him a start, is there any thoughts that Hudson could be the one missing out? Definitely not advocating for it. He is an Origin player and brings plenty but on current form and team balance I have Hoskings the better option. It shouldn’t be a discussion because leaving EW out is the obvious answer, but if he does come back is Huddo any risk of pushing back to bench?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

It’s Hosking.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Danger game around the ruck, need our A defender to be far more switched on this week, both tigers tres scored because the A defender clocked off, Levi and Rapana

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
Bluesbrother
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Bluesbrother »

South Island of New Zealand is a beautiful part of the world. Great spot for a little camp away from Canberra. Looking forward to the photos.
Bluesbrother
Brett Mullins

Post by Bluesbrother »

EW will most certainly be back in the side. It's not even a debate. He deserves a shot to show what he has done over the preseason. He's the captain of the club. Looking at the other players, he will be fitter and stronger too. He needs to be good if he wants to keep a spot but he certainly comes back into the 17 as soon as he is fit. It's respect. He's earned that.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Bluesbrother wrote: March 18, 2024, 4:56 am EW will most certainly be back in the side. It's not even a debate. He deserves a shot to show what he has done over the preseason. He's the captain of the club. Looking at the other players, he will be fitter and stronger too. He needs to be good if he wants to keep a spot but he certainly comes back into the 17 as soon as he is fit. It's respect. He's earned that.
So who does he come in for? Hosking’s position, Hudson’s or a bench role?
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

greeneyed wrote: March 17, 2024, 11:53 pm It’s Hosking.
It’s Tapine not Taps
Rapana not Raps
Papalii not Papa
Fogarty not Fog
Cotric not Crabtric

Sometimes we just have affectionate nicknames for players. I quite prefer Hoskings and suspect people will still know who I’m referring about if I use it.
Finchy
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

What if I use Silly ****? Will people know who I’m referring to?
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Nothing about EW’s play in the last 18 months has earned a mortgage on that spot
If your justification for shoe horning him into the team largely based on his role as captain and “respect” and not about what he brings as a player then I think you’re tacitly admitting he’s not good enough

He’ll be in the team and he’ll start. No one is really disputing that.
And the only reasons he’ll be in the 17 is loyalty and PR.

On form it should be Young losing his starting job before Hosking
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Botman wrote: March 18, 2024, 6:17 am Nothing about EW’s play in the last 18 months has earned a mortgage on that spot
If your justification for shoe horning him into the team largely based on his role as captain and “respect” and not about what he brings as a player then I think you’re tacitly admitting he’s not good enough

I agree with everything you’ve said there. I’m hopeful he might come back via a bench role but suspect he will start.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Billy Walker wrote: March 18, 2024, 6:24 am
Botman wrote: March 18, 2024, 6:17 am Nothing about EW’s play in the last 18 months has earned a mortgage on that spot

I agree with everything you’ve said there. I’m hopeful he might come back via a bench role but suspect he will start.
To be clear, I hope he isn’t picked full stop. But if he is I hope it’s bench not starting.
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

It’s doubling down on the contract error by then also making him captain for 2024.

For all this siege mentality nonsense - the club and Rick only have themselves to blame for this situation, they’ve created it

EW is nowhere near our best 17, are we going to put outsized loyalty to an individual player ahead of what’s best for the collective group that have started the season so well?

The best decision makers across all industries are willing to change their priors when presented with new information…
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Rickmando wrote: March 18, 2024, 6:26 am It’s doubling down on the contract error by then also making him captain for 2024.

For all this siege mentality nonsense - the club and Rick only have themselves to blame for this situation, they’ve created it

EW is nowhere near our best 17, are we going to put outsized loyalty to an individual player ahead of what’s best for the collective group that have started the season so well?

The best decision makers across all industries are willing to change their priors when presented with new information…
Agree, but look at the flag we put in the sand last year where our coach put the celebration of player ahead of the importance of 2 points.
PrimetimeRaider
Jason Croker

Post by PrimetimeRaider »

First Raiders game for me at home! Previous 3 Raiders games I've been to in Gold Coast, Cronulla and Auckland/Eden Park have all been heavy defeats. First game for my wife as well. Just hoping it's close at least! Liking the effort this year and it's got me back on the wagon :lol:
Finchy
Ruben Wiki

Post by Finchy »

Billy Walker wrote: March 18, 2024, 6:30 am
Rickmando wrote: March 18, 2024, 6:26 am It’s doubling down on the contract error by then also making him captain for 2024.

Agree, but look at the flag we put in the sand last year where our coach put the celebration of player ahead of the importance of 2 points.
By picking new shiny toy Levi over Woolford? I agree it was a poor decision
PNGRaider37
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by PNGRaider37 »

We will find out if we have actually improved this year after this warriors game.
PNGRaider37
Peter Jackson

Post by PNGRaider37 »

I doubt Ricky is that stubborn/silly to pick EW this round. Upset balance of winning team. For all those pointing to the Croker 300 thing - he was only brought back in first place because we were losing.
LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ethan Strange

Post by LimeGreenMachine »

PNGRaider37 wrote: March 18, 2024, 7:09 am I doubt Ricky is that stubborn/silly to pick EW this round. Upset balance of winning team. For all those pointing to the Croker 300 thing - he was only brought back in first place because we were losing.
and the team told Ricky they wanted him there.
Regs Revolution
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Regs Revolution »

PerthRaider86 wrote: March 17, 2024, 11:24 pm Anyone putting EW straight back into the starting line up has rocks in their heads.

Hosking has done everything right and deserves the 12.

If Whitehead has to be in the 17 then a bench spot in fine with a 10/15min cameo either side of half time
I genuinely believe he will be on the bench for the remainder of the season. There is no way you move on Hosking or Young considering the start.

And the blokes been a warrior. For a very long time! He has been a great part of the team over the last decade but the reality is he is 35 this year, played nearly 400 first grade games and his body isn’t just cutting it. But he should hold his head high. Overall, he has been a great acquisition. It would be a disservice to EW and the team to start him again. A limited bench roll, smashing out no more than 30 mins a game is exactly where I believe we can get the most out of him for his final year.
Regs Revolution
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Regs Revolution »

I also believe that Ricky has learnt from the the whole Croker situation. He basically didn’t use him at the back end of last year knowing his body was not up to it so I’m hoping he makes the right decision here regarding EW.
Lamenting Actions
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: Grace Kemp

Post by Lamenting Actions »

After watching the presser and seeing Rick's comments about Hoskingson I am putting money on him being picked again. That combined with the obvious fact the guy's defence and ability to go for the high ball/offload close to the opposition line simply cannot be denied based off his current form.
-PJ- wrote: April 14, 2024, 9:07 pm I thought it went really good, now let’s go get some soft serve.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Hoskingson?
Raider47
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Matt Timoko

Post by Raider47 »

I find the inability of many to say/spell Zac Hosking's name quite amusing.

Corey Parker was a shocker for it on Saturday.
Finchy
Ruben Wiki

Post by Finchy »

I think it's spelled Hoskbrough
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

It's nice to start a season where the major issues are player name spelling errors, coaching selections that haven't even happened and whether Saulo is a better 5th prop option than Guler.

This game will obviously be a big test for our boys. The Warriors will be desperate for a win, especially at home.

Looking forward to Barnett losing his **** at least once. The big issue for us will be defending Johnson's kicking game.

Should be a good game. We really need decent completions in this one.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk

Lamenting Actions
Glenn Lazarus

Raider47 wrote: March 18, 2024, 7:59 am I find the inability of many to say/spell Zac Hosking's name quite amusing.

Corey Parker was a shocker for it on Saturday.
Exactly. Zac Hosking sounds nothing like Johnny Lawrence, and he is clearly Johnny Lawrence. How you can mispronounce "Johnny Lawrence" is beyond me.
-PJ- wrote: April 14, 2024, 9:07 pm I thought it went really good, now let’s go get some soft serve.
Lamenting Actions
Glenn Lazarus

greeneyed wrote: March 18, 2024, 7:50 amHoskingson?
:roflmao
radicalraider
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Daley

Re: 2024 Round 3 v Warriors: Game Day

Post by radicalraider »

Just met the squad and Ricky at syd airport. They were excited to meet radical raider!
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Lamenting Actions wrote:
greeneyed wrote: March 18, 2024, 7:50 amHoskingson?
:roflmao
technically correct, he's the son of the Mule Hosking

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Let’s just go with Mule.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

greeneyed wrote: March 17, 2024, 11:53 pm It’s Hosking.
It's like Tounge all over again :nooo
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Bluesbrother
Brett Mullins

Post by Bluesbrother »

Billy Walker wrote: March 18, 2024, 5:52 am
Bluesbrother wrote: March 18, 2024, 4:56 am EW will most certainly be back in the side. It's not even a debate. He deserves a shot to show what he has done over the preseason. He's the captain of the club. Looking at the other players, he will be fitter and stronger too. He needs to be good if he wants to keep a spot but he certainly comes back into the 17 as soon as he is fit. It's respect. He's earned that.
So who does he come in for? Hosking’s position, Hudson’s or a bench role?
Saulo or Guler.

I suspect neither Saulo or Guler will be in the side when EW and Hors are back on deck. At full strength it's Guler, Saulo and EW competing for 1 spot in the 17.

Ata showed on the weekend he has the ability to play on an edge in the case of injury which puts him ahead of them in versatility + his ability in general has him ahead of those two in the coaches eyes I'd say.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Finchy wrote: March 18, 2024, 8:02 am I think it's spelled Hoskbrough
And is pronounced Hoskingson-ee-ee
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Bluesbrother
Brett Mullins

Post by Bluesbrother »

Are you aware that EW was a starting player for England at the end of last season?