Tigers 13+
25%

Total votes: 12

BJ
Steve Walters

Re: 2024 Round 2 v Tigers: Game Day

Post by BJ »

Northern Raider wrote:
NoMan wrote: March 17, 2024, 7:52 am PTB speed is a pretty rubbery stat and there is not much consistency at all week to week from players (see Guler vs Saulo last week for example). I am pretty doubtful about how accurately people are manually able to record it over a whole game, and if a player has one really slow play the ball because of something like getting hit in the head or not hearing a held call, they easily blow the entire average out. See Rapana's or Timoko's average yesterday or Mooneys in NSW cup.

I mean I really doubt there is a practical difference between 2.8 seconds and 3.16. It's probably an indicator of discipline over anything else. I reckon a better stat would be "fast ptb" based on the number under 2.5 or 3 seconds.
That would be more useful stat although baseline should be on the lower side. Too many outliers can affect average PTB speed.
Agree. One super fast play the ball is better than being a fifth of a second faster on average. Levi’s try last week was thanks to a Saulo PTB.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

I’ve noticed over the years that Brent Read has long had a disinterest bordering on dislike for Raiders and Ricky.
But yesterday he was the only Daily Telegraph tipster out of 20 to pick the Tigers to win.
Regs Revolution
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Regs Revolution »

BJ wrote: March 17, 2024, 8:30 am
Northern Raider wrote:
NoMan wrote: March 17, 2024, 7:52 am PTB speed is a pretty rubbery stat and there is not much consistency at all week to week from players (see Guler vs Saulo last week for example). I am pretty doubtful about how accurately people are manually able to record it over a whole game, and if a player has one really slow play the ball because of something like getting hit in the head or not hearing a held call, they easily blow the entire average out. See Rapana's or Timoko's average yesterday or Mooneys in NSW cup.

I mean I really doubt there is a practical difference between 2.8 seconds and 3.16. It's probably an indicator of discipline over anything else. I reckon a better stat would be "fast ptb" based on the number under 2.5 or 3 seconds.
That would be more useful stat although baseline should be on the lower side. Too many outliers can affect average PTB speed.
Agree. One super fast play the ball is better than being a fifth of a second faster on average. Levi’s try last week was thanks to a Saulo PTB.
Exactly. We get on the front foot a fair bit on the back of those quick plays.
Regs Revolution
John Ferguson

Looking at the replay, it looked like Guler knocked it on cold with 3 mins to go in the first half. It was actually Api with amazing sleight of hand that strips the ball. Correct call and great pick up from the ref.
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

Regs Revolution wrote: March 16, 2024, 4:20 pm Check this out. On the league live app:

Savage 6 runs, 64 metres
Kris 6 runs, 64 metres

4 tackles each
3 tackle breaks each
1 try assist each
2 line breaks by Savage
2 line break assists by Kris

I’m hoping the formation of something special.
Ricky said in the post match presser that they came to him at the start of the year and asked to play on the same side together.
Dylan’s Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Dylan’s Raiders »

Raider Azz wrote: March 17, 2024, 10:26 am
Regs Revolution wrote: March 16, 2024, 4:20 pm Check this out. On the league live app:

Savage 6 runs, 64 metres
Kris 6 runs, 64 metres

4 tackles each
3 tackle breaks each
1 try assist each
2 line breaks by Savage

Ricky said in the post match presser that they came to him at the start of the year and asked to play on the same side together.
Yeah loved that - same as Papa and Taps
Regs Revolution
John Ferguson

Savage 6 runs, 64 metres
Kris 6 runs, 64 metres

4 tackles each
3 tackle breaks each
1 try assist each
2 line breaks by Savage

And Ricky got annoyed :lol: bless him. At least he got it right and listened to them.
benda
Brett Mullins

Post by benda »

Regs Revolution wrote: March 17, 2024, 10:44 am

Savage 6 runs, 64 metres
Kris 6 runs, 64 metres

4 tackles each
3 tackle breaks each
1 try assist each
2 line breaks by Savage

And Ricky got annoyed :lol: bless him. At least he got it right and listened to them.
I think we shouldn't ever have Kris play anywhere else other than centre. He has the potential to be one of the best in thst position.

Also, I feel that Savage is in a better place mentally. I'd love to see him play 1 more and with Rapana there is an opportunity to swap from time to time. There must be some reason that doesnt happen tho.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

benda wrote: March 17, 2024, 11:01 am
Regs Revolution wrote: March 17, 2024, 10:44 am

Savage 6 runs, 64 metres
Kris 6 runs, 64 metres

4 tackles each
3 tackle breaks each
1 try assist each
2 line breaks by Savage

I think we shouldn't ever have Kris play anywhere else other than centre. He has the potential to be one of the best in thst position.
Origin level. I don’t think his time at fullback would have done him any harm in his overall development.

I don’t give us much chance this week against the Warriors, but I do like where the squad is headed especially compared to last year
Bennyboy2283
Ken Nagas
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Bennyboy2283 »

Why trust wighton when you can trust a strangeR , drop the 🎤
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Regs Revolution wrote:Looking at the replay, it looked like Guler knocked it on cold with 3 mins to go in the first half. It was actually Api with amazing sleight of hand that strips the ball. Correct call and great pick up from the ref.
Yes with the Commentators all clearly missing it. Open your eyes guys.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

That was a very good performance. It's always a good sign after the game when one of the points for debate is whether Saulo or Guler makes way for Horsburgh.

I'm loving what I'm seeing from Strange. The way he kept on coming back, and kept talking, after being thrown under the bus vs the Storm last year was a terrific sign for me. He is 100% the real deal.

Kris' HIA was such a shame. That edge could have put a couple of tries on the Tigers no problem.

Good times! Apart from a 5 minute period where we piggybacked them down field for a couple of tries we were all over them. In the end I thought the final score flattered the Tigers.

-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Finish the round in 1st for the first time in a long time

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

rolhai
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Shaun Fensom

Post by rolhai »

-TW- wrote:Finish the round in 1st for the first time in a long time

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Since R6 2005.

479 rounds ago!
1985/86: The last time we missed consecutive finals series.....Until STICKY
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Gotta say, when Strange got beat on his outside and then made up ground and ended Charlie Stains life by burying him over the touchline and then stood over him and gave him the absolute business... it sparked a love in me that i havent had in a player since Johnny Bateman faked a ball toss into a titans player's face and laughed when he flinched.

Loved seeing him smash that bloke and let him know about it. The team needs a little bit of that mungrel
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by reptar »

Botman wrote:Gotta say, when Strange got beat on his outside and then made up ground and ended Charlie Stains life by burying him over the touchline and then stood over him and gave him the absolute business... it sparked a love in me that i havent had in a player since Johnny Bateman faked a ball toss into a titans player's face and laughed when he flinched.

Loved seeing him smash that bloke and let him know about it. The team needs a little bit of that mungrel
I agree with every bit of that except your spelling of mongrel.
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

Major highlight for me...10 mins into the second half and Savage nails Bateman in a tackle. Bateman obviously doesn't like it and loses his ****, which ends up with Huddo laughing at him in a bit of push and shove.

As an aside, Bateman spent a hell of a lot of time playing outside Isaiah Papalii on the Tigers right hand side. Not sure if this was a specific Tigers tactic or Bateman just wanting to run at Young.

Whatever it was, it didn't work.

Last edited by Seiffert82 on March 17, 2024, 9:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
rolhai
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Shaun Fensom

Post by rolhai »

Seiffert82 wrote:Major highlight for me...10 mins into the second half and Savage nails Bateman in a tackle. Bateman obviously doesn't like it and loses his ****, which ends up with Huddo laughing at him in a bit of push and shove.

As an aside, Bateman spent a hell of a lot of time playing outside Isaiah Papalii on the Tigers right hand side. Not sure if this was a specific Tigers tactic or Bateman just wanting to run at Young.

They lost Toa so he was a makeshift centre
1985/86: The last time we missed consecutive finals series.....Until STICKY
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

rolhai wrote:
Seiffert82 wrote:Major highlight for me...10 mins into the second half and Savage nails Bateman in a tackle. Bateman obviously doesn't like it and loses his ****, which ends up with Huddo laughing at him in a bit of push and shove.

They lost Toa so he was a makeshift centre
That is true. For whatever reason he was the one moved to the right. He tried it on a few times and got nailed. It was good to see.

One tackle break for Jonneh. Another quality hasbeen recruit for the Tigers.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk