Tigers 13+
15%

Total votes: 27

LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ethan Strange

Re: 2024 Rd 2 v Tigers: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by LimeGreenMachine »

Illias needs to add a running game. He had a bad night , he won't ever be top tier halfback but I can Souths panicking and Wighton playing in the halves . Walker as a half won't work either. They play the Roosters next. Good luck.

Regarding our game , Tigers will be fresh early , so we need to aim up in defence, wear them out .
We do look fit for this time of year. Very unusual for us.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Dylan’s Raiders wrote:Cam Murray is or at least was the best 13 in the comp imo. I prefer his ability to bend the line, find his front and get a quick play the ball over the ball playing ability of a Yeo. In saying that, Murray is an excellent ball player in his own right.

Anyways, how about those RAIDERS
Cam Murray has a quick play the ball. Partly because the refs often let him roll the ball between his legs only half standing up.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

This is honestly a game where if we show up and go through our processes like we did last week against the Knights, we'll win by plenty. The scoreline actually flattered the Knights in the end.

This is also a game where if we show up and think we're just gonna win and we've already done the hard work, then we'll either struggle to an unconvincing win or get our pants pulled down.

It all comes down to attitude and application. Over to you, Raiders.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

The Nickman wrote: March 15, 2024, 3:41 pm This is honestly a game where if we show up and go through our processes like we did last week against the Knights, we'll win by plenty. The scoreline actually flattered the Knights in the end.

This is also a game where if we show up and think we're just gonna win and we've already done the hard work, then we'll either struggle to an unconvincing win or get our pants pulled down.

I have to agree with this.

This game is an attitude test.

We simply cannot lose to the Tigers.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

dubby wrote: March 15, 2024, 3:43 pm
The Nickman wrote: March 15, 2024, 3:41 pm This is honestly a game where if we show up and go through our processes like we did last week against the Knights, we'll win by plenty. The scoreline actually flattered the Knights in the end.

If we do it's the same old, same old.

If we win ugly, it's the same old, same old.

But if we show up like we did last week, compete for 80min, kick well, defend well, we'll honestly give them the business.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

The Nickman wrote: March 15, 2024, 3:48 pm
dubby wrote: March 15, 2024, 3:43 pm

If we do it's the same old, same old.

If we win ugly, it's the same old, same old.

But if we show up like we did last week, compete for 80min, kick well, defend well, we'll honestly give them the business.
100% agree.

FWIW I think it'll be either a bloody hiding from us on them, or we're cursing because the tiges actually gave us a scare.

But I agree. We should put this tigers team away. We have to.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
NoMan
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Boogz

Post by NoMan »

The run after this game is really tough based on the way teams have gone so far, I would think they only go in as favorites to 1 of the next 7 as it stands, maybe the Shark's been 50/50. They really can't afford to drop this one.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Axed Cotric has future in ‘special’ Raiders side: Stuart

Ricky Stuart admits the decision to axe former representative winger Nick Cotric was a hard one, but says it’s the type of tough call that could make his Canberra team “special”.

“Successful teams have got healthy squads, special teams at the back end of the season have got players pushing one another at training, and players pushing one another for positions,” he said. “At the moment, that’s what we’ve got.

Read more: https://canberradaily.com.au/axed-cotri ... de-stuart/

The clear signs the Canberra Raiders are out to prove doubters wrong

While the rest of the NRL world was surprised by the Green Machine's round-one "upset" of Newcastle, Raiders coach Ricky Stuart says there was no such surprise within their camp.

"It wasn't surprising as it was to a lot of people for us to win, we went there very confidently, but now that's well and truly past us," Stuart said on Friday. "We've got round two - another tough game. Early in the season you've got to be good at all the fundamentals of the game and that's what I thought we were good at last week."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

In Jamal Fogarty have the Raiders finally found what they have been looking for? https://the-riotact.com/in-jamal-fogart ... for/752065

IBG
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by IBG »

Promising signs from that Ricky quote, he said it was between Hoppa and Cotric about who would miss out when Kris came back.

No mention about Savage missing out at all - indicating Xavier is first choice winger.

Good news.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

I'm happy about his quote about the squad all vying for positions, because it's true and fantastic and a great place for the club to be.

But god, could we PLEASE stop with all this "Nobody believes in us, we're happy to prove everyone wrong" garbage they all seem to keep spouting?

Seriously, where is this even coming from? I don't hear anyone being overly critical of this club except themselves in these interviews where they take pot-shots at shadows. It's ridiculous.
Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Raiders_Pat »

The Nickman wrote: March 15, 2024, 4:58 pm I'm happy about his quote about the squad all vying for positions, because it's true and fantastic and a great place for the club to be.

But god, could we PLEASE stop with all this "Nobody believes in us, we're happy to prove everyone wrong" garbage they all seem to keep spouting?

Seriously, where is this even coming from? I don't hear anyone being overly critical of this club except themselves in these interviews where they take pot-shots at shadows. It's ridiculous.
They're probably playing on the fact that most league pundits have said we will finish bottom four because we don't have any star power, which is fair enough considering it's a rubbish assessment. It may be over the top but I don't mind that they're playing on it as a motivator.
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

Yeah the last decade of raiders players have a habit of jumping at non existent shadows..,

I remember reading this off-season that Papa was out to prove the doubters wrong.., who on earth was doubting Papa??? Where do they get this nonsense? There’s plenty of noise around a few players here, but in general, the footy public and media dont particularly care enough to bag players.
LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins

Many reports have had us struggling this year because we lost Jack
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

The Nickman wrote:I'm happy about his quote about the squad all vying for positions, because it's true and fantastic and a great place for the club to be.

I’m presuming it’s about the Sydney media who have us locked in for the bottom 4 or even the spoon.
Bluesbrother
Brett Mullins

Post by Bluesbrother »

The Nickman wrote: March 15, 2024, 4:58 pm I'm happy about his quote about the squad all vying for positions, because it's true and fantastic and a great place for the club to be.

It's the reality though isn't it?

I'm sick of watching coverage and the Raiders not getting mentioned. Dopes like Phil Gould, Matty Johns and Braith Anasta saying it was a "Huge upset" every time the raiders do something decent. I don't mind our players and staff calling it out for what it is. The media in rugby league would do well to take notice of all teams in the competition, not just Sydney clubs and Brisbane.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Look at this over the top criticism. Why can't you just BELIEVE?
Time to pull together boys.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

julian87 wrote:Souths have plenty of issues. All of their depth outside backs are horrible players. Illias is imo the worst halfback in the competition. They need to give Hawkins an extended run. They have a weak front row rotation bar Tatola. Even when Munro comes back that probably leaves them too short in yardage meters considering their pack isn’t great.

I think Wighton will be a valuable inclusion. They need more no nonsense, high effort football because imo they have too many ordinary players weighing them down to just ride the coat tails of Mitchell and Walker into the top 8.
I reckon Souths issue is attitude. Too much player power and it’s fine when going well. When the going gets tough it’s “ah well” and smiling at losses.

Jack will fit in well Image
Bluesbrother
Brett Mullins

Post by Bluesbrother »

gangrenous wrote: March 15, 2024, 6:42 pm
julian87 wrote:Souths have plenty of issues. All of their depth outside backs are horrible players. Illias is imo the worst halfback in the competition. They need to give Hawkins an extended run. They have a weak front row rotation bar Tatola. Even when Munro comes back that probably leaves them too short in yardage meters considering their pack isn’t great.

I think Wighton will be a valuable inclusion. They need more no nonsense, high effort football because imo they have too many ordinary players weighing them down to just ride the coat tails of Mitchell and Walker into the top 8.
I reckon Souths issue is attitude. Too much player power and it’s fine when going well. When the going gets tough it’s “ah well” and smiling at losses.

But... but... didn't he go there for the premiership?
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Stuart loves the "everyone has written us off" schtick.he can thank old mate Wighton for this one.

If it helps the boys get up for the win, have at it I say. Whatever works.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk

Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

gangrenous wrote:

There's definitely a couple of lunatics running that asylum.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk

Regs Revolution
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Regs Revolution »

LimeGreenMachine wrote: March 15, 2024, 5:20 pm Many reports have had us struggling this year because we lost Jack
It’s funny how so called experts really have no idea. Generally by the media we are seen as cellar dwellers. Bookies have us 3rd favourite for least wins (or at least did prior to round 1). I can see where the “they don’t believe in us” attitude comes from.

Tbh, I don’t care what he says to get the team where they need to be. As long as we’re fit and turning up for 80 minutes every game, we will go well against any team.
Regs Revolution
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Regs Revolution »

Further to this, there is big weight on Fogarty. His kicking game alone got us in great position last week. We can’t afford for him to be off. Last year, he had those moments where he was kicking well.

This is amplified by the fact that if our game plan is for him to take 99% of the kicks, he needs to be on!
Ruben Daley
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Kenny Nagas

Post by Ruben Daley »

Regs Revolution wrote: March 15, 2024, 8:05 pm Further to this, there is big weight on Fogarty. His kicking game alone got us in great position last week. We can’t afford for him to be off. Last year, he had those moments where he was kicking well.

This is amplified by the fact that if our game plan is for him to take 99% of the kicks, he needs to be on!
Yep. And this week Fogs will have way more attention because the Tigers watched last week.

I hope Strange is given more touches and takes some kicks.
Bluesbrother
Brett Mullins

Post by Bluesbrother »

Ruben Daley wrote: March 15, 2024, 8:40 pm
Regs Revolution wrote: March 15, 2024, 8:05 pm Further to this, there is big weight on Fogarty. His kicking game alone got us in great position last week. We can’t afford for him to be off. Last year, he had those moments where he was kicking well.

Yep. And this week Fogs will have way more attention because the Tigers watched last week.

Expecting Strange to be better with Kris outside him. Could be a dangerous combination.
LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins

If Fogs is targeted , not that you can do bugger all to kickers these days but if he is , they will switch to Strange.
Ruben Daley
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Kenny Nagas

Post by Ruben Daley »

Bluesbrother wrote: March 15, 2024, 8:45 pm

Expecting Strange to be better with Kris outside him. Could be a dangerous combination.
Totally agree. I’m really hopeful about that whole left edge. It’s a great combination of attributes.
LimeGreenMachine wrote: March 15, 2024, 8:50 pm If Fogs is targeted , not that you can do bugger all to kickers these days but if he is , they will switch to Strange.
I think they need to pre-empt it and use Strange early regardless. Not saying the kicking should be shared equally but I don’t think waiting until Fogs is under pressure before using Strange is a good tactic for the team or for Strange himself.

A couple of early kicks may also put the defence in two minds and open up space for him to run or put Kris into a hole.
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

Really stretching for something to criticise this early in the year after a big win away from home ey nicky.

If this is the kind of lukewarm "criticism" you're able to muster all year it'll be a good season :thumbsup
Finchy
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

gangrenous wrote: March 15, 2024, 6:42 pm

Will it be good to see?
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Hudson Young v John Bateman will be a niggle-athon. Neither will take a backward step and I hope Young doesn't take it too far and cost the team by losing minutes in the sin bin or worse. The Raiders should win this providing their heads are switched on to playing footy and not distracted by anything Bateman and co. come up with.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Yea we need to expand just slightly. An kick from Strange or Rapa (has a massive boot also, maybe from his union days) just occasionally to take some heat off. You could have Rapa set off as the safety valve kicker 10m inside Fog occasionally- save his legs on the kick chase whereas Strange you probably want just chasing hard and getting involved.

Jonny Bateman and bizarro Papalii both very capable of putting huge heat on a kicker.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

RedRaider wrote: March 16, 2024, 5:17 am Hudson Young v John Bateman will be a niggle-athon. Neither will take a backward step and I hope Young doesn't take it too far and cost the team by losing minutes in the sin bin or worse. The Raiders should win this providing their heads are switched on to playing footy and not distracted by anything Bateman and co. come up with.
:thumbsup

I expect a needless penalty from either or both. Hopefully Young too smart to end in the bin again.
LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins

Schiller killing it again in NSW cup. Yet we stick with metre eater Hopoate
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

LimeGreenMachine wrote:Schiller killing it again in NSW cup. Yet we stick with metre eater Hopoate
Great to see. Keep this up and he’ll definitely get an opportunity at some point.
Dylan’s Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Dylan’s Raiders »

Benji KILLED us whenever he played against us - what’s the bet he kills us as a head coach!?
Makaveli
Bradley Clyde

Post by Makaveli »

Not surprised with that stat. Always had spiders on him when we played him