NRL 360

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

raider1981
David Shillington

NRL 360

Post by raider1981 »

What has happened to this program. I watched it tonight hoping they would maybe discussing the raiders fortunes for tomorrow or even discussing where they saw us sitting in the 8 or not. Absolutely nothing didn’t even mention the game until Tipping with Laurie at the end. Such a disgrace. It’s supposed to be a National competition doesn’t feel like it at times.
Joshjacksonshead
Gary Coyne
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Re: NRL 360

Post by Joshjacksonshead »

Probably for the best my man , I reckon we might sneak on in like a slippery little spider this year , and with the addition of Morgan Smithies , ain’t no one bullying us that I can see , and I can smell a bully a mile away, :!:
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

NRL360 is just a bunch of old drunks arguing about nothing. If I want to see that I’ll go down my local pub at 10am on a weekday.

It’s embarrassing stuff, really.
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

The Nickman wrote:NRL360 is just a bunch of old drunks arguing about nothing. If I want to see that I’ll go down my local pub at 10am on a weekday.

Agreed. I used to watch it back in the Ben Ikin days but have stopped watching it since.

Starved for RL I turned it on the other night but only lasted about 5 minutes. It’s terrible. Whose idea was it to stock it full of journalists? They literally spend the whole show just trying to say some controversial click bait to fill Facebook the following day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Continually talking about the same few teams and the same dozen players is what led to the slow demise of Channel Nine rugby league shows.

Fox seem hellbent on following the same path.

A short term sugar rush will prove their long term rotten teeth result.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Rick wrote: March 7, 2024, 7:39 am
The Nickman wrote:NRL360 is just a bunch of old drunks arguing about nothing. If I want to see that I’ll go down my local pub at 10am on a weekday.

Agreed. I used to watch it back in the Ben Ikin days but have stopped watching it since.

Starved for RL I turned it on the other night but only lasted about 5 minutes. It’s terrible. Whose idea was it to stock it full of journalists? They literally spend the whole show just trying to say some controversial click bait to fill Facebook the following day.

Yeah, I liked Ikin and Paul Kent, but I genuinely can't hack Buzz Rothfield, he's the literal definition of a red-nosed old drunk.
President Clinton
Dean Lance
Favourite Player: Clinton Schifcofske

Post by President Clinton »

It’s a pretty lame show and generally they are discussing off-field incidents / negative aspects of the game. The amount of airtime the tigers and Lee Hagipantelis got…get off the air!!!

Reminds me of ‘On the Couch with Sterlo discussing the Parramatta Eels.’

Change the channel once in a while!
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Joshjacksonshead wrote: March 7, 2024, 12:09 am Probably for the best my man , I reckon we might sneak on in like a slippery little spider this year , and with the addition of Morgan Smithies , ain’t no one bullying us that I can see , and I can smell a bully a mile away, :!:
JJH - great to see you back my friend.
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

The commentators that I dislike the most in the sport are Paul Kent, James Hooper and Corey Parker. Kent just talks over people and is a bully. Hooper is just a bad journalist imo. Corey Parker disrespects us and I have no sympathy whatsoever for him
Robert the Bruce
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Albert Fulavai

Post by Robert the Bruce »

Braith's arguing feels very contrived and it's embarrassing. It's very unnatural and I still can't believe they picked him to host.

Ikin and Kent were are entertaining combination of brain and bonehead, now it's skewed towards the latter is almost unwatchable.

Yvonne or Cronk should replace Braith and it might improve.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Robert the Bruce wrote:Braith's arguing feels very contrived and it's embarrassing. It's very unnatural and I still can't believe they picked him to host.

Ikin and Kent were are entertaining combination of brain and bonehead, now it's skewed towards the latter is almost unwatchable.

Braith is a player manager. He has clear conflicts of interest.
Lamenting Actions
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: Grace Kemp

Post by Lamenting Actions »

The Nickman wrote: March 7, 2024, 5:45 am NRL360 is just a bunch of old drunks arguing about nothing.
BUT BUT BUT KENTY... KENTY... KENTY... BUT BUT KENTY...
-PJ- wrote: April 14, 2024, 9:07 pm I thought it went really good, now let’s go get some soft serve.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

You're making it sound like 360 was ever good

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Dr Zaius wrote: March 7, 2024, 9:28 pm
Robert the Bruce wrote:Braith's arguing feels very contrived and it's embarrassing. It's very unnatural and I still can't believe they picked him to host.

Braith is a player manager. He has clear conflicts of interest.
I don't believe it's a conflict of interest. Nothing I have ever seen him say on 360 would realistically influence a player's decision in free agency.

So I'd say it's an interest that had to be declared, and it was decided there was no conflict.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

-TW- wrote: March 8, 2024, 8:05 am You're making it sound like 360 was ever good
It was. Back when it was just Ikin and Kent and was on 1-3 times per week. They talked through actual footy and covered all teams. Not just this drama nonsense.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

zim wrote: March 8, 2024, 9:32 am
-TW- wrote: March 8, 2024, 8:05 am You're making it sound like 360 was ever good
It was. Back when it was just Ikin and Kent and was on 1-3 times per week. They talked through actual footy and covered all teams. Not just this drama nonsense.
Yeah, I liked it before they tried to fill five nights a week or whatever the **** they do now. And before Buzz and his pack of old drunk clowns disgaced the panel.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

The Nickman wrote: March 7, 2024, 9:11 am
Rick wrote: March 7, 2024, 7:39 am

Yeah, I liked Ikin and Paul Kent, but I genuinely can't hack Buzz Rothfield, he's the literal definition of a red-nosed old drunk.
He's a blithering old hack. I can't stand the gibberish this hack mumbles.

Then there's Brent Read. He continually takes things out of context in attempt to discredit the other guy. He reminds me of Cathy Newman trying to interview Jordan Peterson.

The underlying problem is Steve Crawley. He has ruined Fox and NRL360 in particular.

NRL360 used to be good. PK and Ikin were actually interesting and insightful.

Now it's worse than carpet burn.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Meh, it's just a Daily Telegraph podcast these days. They spruik the controversial stories they are publishing the following day.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

If Trell sneezes 360 will let us know.

If Cleary cuddles Mary 360 will let us know.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

-PJ- wrote:If Trell sneezes 360 will let us know.

If Cleary cuddles Mary 360 will let us know.
If one of their hosts is charged with domestic violence 360 will let it slide.
denissnowy
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Papa

Post by denissnowy »

To be fair the courts did find Kent not guilty and that he had acted in self defence
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

denissnowy wrote: March 8, 2024, 5:19 pm To be fair the courts did find Kent not guilty and that he had acted in self defence
And that's fine but even without watching the show i know that it doesnt shy away from talking about legal situations of players before a verdict is rendered. They and the general NRL media feed off that stuff.

If they dont hold their own to the same admittedly **** standard, then it's fair to point it out.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Botman wrote:
denissnowy wrote: March 8, 2024, 5:19 pm To be fair the courts did find Kent not guilty and that he had acted in self defence
And that's fine but even without watching the show i know that it doesnt shy away from talking about legal situations of players before a verdict is rendered. They and the general NRL media feed off that stuff.

If they dont hold their own to the same admittedly **** standard, then it's fair to point it out.
Hahaha they were deadly silent about the whole Kent situation weren’t they? The Betoota Advocate absolutely went to town on them, it was sensational
denissnowy
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Papa

Post by denissnowy »

Was simply pointing out that in this instance the person in question was cleared through the appropriate legal process.

To be honest I don't watch NRL 360, due to the old blokes shouting at the pub that it has deteriorated into, so couldn't tell you what they do and don't talk about. Glad the betoota went to town on their hypocrisy.
Joshjacksonshead
Gary Coyne

Billy Walker wrote: March 7, 2024, 10:17 am
Joshjacksonshead wrote: March 7, 2024, 12:09 am Probably for the best my man , I reckon we might sneak on in like a slippery little spider this year , and with the addition of Morgan Smithies , ain’t no one bullying us that I can see , and I can smell a bully a mile away, :!:
JJH - great to see you back my friend.
Oh hi Billy Walker , been flat out manual labouring dude , but now the season is finally here I’m back around because certain questions have to be asked of certain people- watch as they go quiet when they know I’m coming !
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Did you have the toughest preseason ever JJH?

Or have you had tougher?
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Love your work JJH, always entertaining.

Joshjacksonshead
Gary Coyne

Hiya Chach , shaking trees and seeing what falls out , but I must be careful, for they are watching me now , 👀🙀, I love answering critics , I may be blunt and to the point , but most importantly, I am always right , which they hate , so they shut me down , now I was thinking of opening a I was Wrong about Albert Hopoate thread, from one respected poster to another do you think I should or will the mighty hammer of the Gods land upon my skull , or maybe I will wait to Saturday evening as I digest our victory?
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Joshjacksonshead wrote: March 13, 2024, 7:51 pm Hiya Chach , shaking trees and seeing what falls out , but I must be careful, for they are watching me now , 👀🙀, I love answering critics , I may be blunt and to the point , but most importantly, I am always right , which they hate , so they shut me down , now I was thinking of opening a I was Wrong about Albert Hopoate thread, from one respected poster to another do you think I should or will the mighty hammer of the Gods land upon my skull , or maybe I will wait to Saturday evening as I digest our victory?
Don’t do it friend - he’s not one of the players on the GH list of players we are authorised to support. Any love or appreciation in his direction will very quickly see you accused of being a troll. There is a kid named Sanders who hasn’t actually put on a green jumper yet. Pour all the praise you like on him but Hoppa…. Well there is just no love for him from the GH experts.
Finchy
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

You were a troll long before your faux support of Hoppa, Billy, let's not pretend here.
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
Joshjacksonshead
Gary Coyne

Finchys been dug up , how goes it fella ? Man it’s been ages
Finchy
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

Joshjacksonshead wrote: March 13, 2024, 10:34 pm Finchys been dug up , how goes it fella ? Man it’s been ages
Hey JJH, still kickin’, striving to keep my head above the water.
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Joshjacksonshead wrote:Hiya Chach , shaking trees and seeing what falls out , but I must be careful, for they are watching me now , ImageImage, I love answering critics , I may be blunt and to the point , but most importantly, I am always right , which they hate , so they shut me down , now I was thinking of opening a I was Wrong about Albert Hopoate thread, from one respected poster to another do you think I should or will the mighty hammer of the Gods land upon my skull , or maybe I will wait to Saturday evening as I digest our victory?
Whatever you do JJH, keep it real and don't jump the shark.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk

Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

NRL 360 jumped the shark when Gordon Tallis had a stint as fill in host and you realised he's the smartest panellist by some margin.
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

Roger Kenworthy wrote:NRL 360 jumped the shark when Gordon Tallis had a stint as fill in host and you realised he's the smartest panellist by some margin.
I don’t always agree with Gordon but he is definitely once of the smartest ex players who has gone into media.