The I was wrong about Danny Levi thread

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

President Clinton
Dean Lance
Favourite Player: Clinton Schifcofske

Re: The I was wrong about Danny Levi thread

Post by President Clinton »

Regs Revolution wrote: March 10, 2024, 11:24 am Why does this thread exist?

His game was a solid 6/6.5 out of 10.

11 runs for 40 metres.
2 penalties and an error.

If he is our 9 for the coming weeks/months, he needs to be a lot better. I think he can be. But let’s see.
He is either stupid or a troll. And if it’s the latter, boy that’s a pretty sad way for a grown man to be spending their life - trolling on a Canberra raiders forum. Mustn’t be a lot else going on.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

President Clinton wrote:

11 runs for 40 metres.

If he is our 9 for the coming weeks/months, he needs to be a lot better. I think he can be. But let’s see.
He is either stupid or a troll. And if it’s the latter, boy that’s a pretty sad way for a grown man to be spending their life - trolling on a Canberra raiders forum. Mustn’t be a lot else going on.
Hot tip: it’s both.
Joshjacksonshead
Gary Coyne
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Joshjacksonshead »

gangrenous wrote: March 9, 2024, 6:08 am Swallow. Summer.
Con. Fess
Joshjacksonshead
Gary Coyne

The Ang wrote: March 9, 2024, 6:54 am It was his best game for us, and with consistency I’ll happily say I was wrong. I’ll sit on it until we’re mid way through the season
A reasonable poster with manners . Noted
Joshjacksonshead
Gary Coyne

Northern Raider wrote: March 9, 2024, 7:22 am Welcome back JJH. How's Newcastle treating you?
Now little fella , I ain’t Millie , and all I need to hear from the likes of you is - sorry Josh Jackson’s Head , but I joined the circus troupe and was dreadfully wrong about Danny , and most other things in life !
Joshjacksonshead
Gary Coyne

The Nickman wrote: March 9, 2024, 7:38 am I left that game thinking he had a good game, but before he scored his opportunistic (yet fantastic) try, I’m fairly certain I was cursing him on several occasions, most notably being the “strip”.

So is his performance being overblown due to a single try? Hard to tell.

Did the team look better once Starling was on? Also hard to tell, because momentum is a thing too. We certainly never looked like losing in the last 20.

I’m happy for Levi to keep the 9 for the next few weeks at least. Hopefully he can build on that performance, the team keeps winning and he puts the question to bed. It’s entirely in his hands.
Apology accepted 😸
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

11 runs for 40 metres.

Take the try away and it's a deadset 4/10 game
Error, penalties, mistackles and poor options.

Now the try does count and it was a try at a critical moment that give us breathing space. So credit where it's due.
But he's either going to have to keep scoring barge over tries or lift his game in the other areas. Because his performance outside that try was not up NRL standard.
Joshjacksonshead
Gary Coyne

Rickmando wrote: March 9, 2024, 8:41 am Hilariously weird victory lap this one.

It will prove to be as premature as some of your bedroom performances JJH
Ricky Ricky mando - are you still salty from the last time and every other time before that when I owned you outright? Christ man move on with your life if you can don’t let me torment your dreams forever now !
Joshjacksonshead
Gary Coyne

GreenMachine wrote: March 9, 2024, 8:59 am what premature ejaculation looks like as a thread...
Hey Green Machine , let me know when one of your threads “ yawn “ reaches more than 1 page ….
Joshjacksonshead
Gary Coyne

Seiffert82 wrote: March 9, 2024, 9:41 am What was the kick before half time about?

I thought he did a passable job otherwise... so to speak.

Consistent service and decent defence is the starting point for any NRL hooker. He ticked that box on Thursday.

Then we can talk about good decision making, ability to engage the line at appropriate times, and maybe even being able to accurately send a ball two passes wide of the ruck. I could do without the kicking.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk
Hey Chach - it takes a big man to admit when he’s wrong- well done
Joshjacksonshead
Gary Coyne

RedRaider wrote: March 9, 2024, 10:02 am
The Nickman wrote: March 9, 2024, 7:38 am I left that game thinking he had a good game, but before he scored his opportunistic (yet fantastic) try, I’m fairly certain I was cursing him on several occasions, most notably being the “strip”.

So is his performance being overblown due to a single try? Hard to tell.

Did the team look better once Starling was on? Also hard to tell, because momentum is a thing too. We certainly never looked like losing in the last 20.

I’m happy for Levi to keep the 9 for the next few weeks at least. Hopefully he can build on that performance, the team keeps winning and he puts the question to bed. It’s entirely in his hands.
After he scored his try he limped off in the 56th minute. The Raiders then scored tries in the 63rd, 69th and 79th minutes. So of our 5 tries 3 were scored when he was off the field. The poor dumb kick in the dying seconds of the first half gave the ball back to the Knights and they kicked ahead to give themselves an opportunity to lead at half time. Yes Levy recovered the ball, but none of his team mates knew he was going to kick it because there was no Raider player chase and he made a poor job of it. Early in the second half he then attempted a 'three in a tackle' strip and gave away an unnecessary penalty. A good try off the back of the Saulo quick play the ball, but not much else stood out imo.
Levi , Redman , Levi , - now , it’s almost like Ricky knows who to put out first to cop the worst of it , a man who can take it , some of us like me are made of the right stuff , plenty are not - cough cough Rickmando Finchy
Joshjacksonshead
Gary Coyne

Love4Noa wrote: March 9, 2024, 10:43 am The dude is fine.

The peanuts on here just think that every hooker needs to be Cam Smith.
We've had two guys battle it out and neither have solidified the position.

Levi is a tough bugger and does the hard work. He must also smash it off field to be held in such high esteem within the club walls.
Men like you are few and far between in these parts - noted
Joshjacksonshead
Gary Coyne

Billy Walker wrote: March 9, 2024, 11:56 am Apart from the try he scored, he also saved a try but putting himself in the right position that ensured the bunker had to overturn a Newcastle 6 pointer. Very smart play that. He’s our best 9 by the length of the straight, I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again- he is going to be very good for us. Sit back and enjoy the show.
OOOH LOOK ITS BILLY CONTRARIAN VIEWPOINT PILE ON HIM EVEN THOUGH HIS ASSESSMENT IS ACTUALLY CORRECT!
Joshjacksonshead
Gary Coyne

LimeGreenMachine wrote: March 9, 2024, 12:35 pm Yeah nah
I've seen enough of Levi's career, playing in the NRL to know what type of player he is.
Yes but it’s quite amazing what happens when Ricky Stuart gets ahold of them also my boy,
Joshjacksonshead
Gary Coyne

Mickey_Raider wrote: March 9, 2024, 2:13 pm I was mashing out a “get Danny Levi the *****” off the field” post just before his try.

And it wasn’t because I want him to fail. I woukd love nothing more than for him to steer us a premiership. But he was putting together boneheaded low IQ plays which decent hookers have no business making.

Laughable to be doing victory laps after not much more than 1 decent play in a round one game.
Hi Mickey Raider you make some good points with a little bit of positivity then ruin it by running down my thread , don’t sink to the lows of certain posters you are better than that
Joshjacksonshead
Gary Coyne

gerg wrote: March 9, 2024, 5:22 pm I was watching Harry Grant last night, and wondering whether he would be regarded as the number one player in the game by the end of this year? Wow what a game from him. He would look great in green but we don't need him with our Danny playing so well.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Newsflash Greggles - Harry and the likes aren’t coming and never will be , need to start respecting our Danny
Joshjacksonshead
Gary Coyne

Billy Walker wrote: March 9, 2024, 10:29 pm
The Nickman wrote: March 9, 2024, 10:20 pm
bonehead wrote:
Mickey_Raider wrote:I was mashing out a “get Danny Levi the *****” off the field” post just before his try.

And it wasn’t because I want him to fail. I woukd love nothing more than for him to steer us a premiership. But he was putting together boneheaded low IQ plays which decent hookers have no business making.

Laughable to be doing victory laps after not much more than 1 decent play in a round one game.
exactly the same, my brain was Jesus wept get starlo on then Levi scored

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk
And then Starlo came on and we scored three tries

Seems to me that most of this thread is people responding to a troll who has no other ammo now the broncos are last and the raiders are looking good
Big guy you know you can’t respond to someone you are cowering from. Typical bully coward behaviour
:clap: :clap: That’s why we stand up and any poster out there who feels bullied just post away as you see fit your opinions matter , and often you will be proven right !
Joshjacksonshead
Gary Coyne

Matt wrote: March 10, 2024, 7:04 am He scored a try.
The team won.
How does this make us wrong about Levi?
You can be a career 15-19 best hooker in Australia and get a gig. There's 17 teams now after all. There's only 1 starting position per team, so you can be be the best at a club and still the worst starter in the comp.
Who is us ? Does everyone share the same opinion ? I believe they don’t and also my boy , you know what they say about statistics….
Joshjacksonshead
Gary Coyne

11 runs for 40 metres.

It exists because i wished it to be so Reggy , that’s why!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Trolling. Locked.