A hint to the starting squad?

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

WobblyWaider
Gerry De La Cruz

A hint to the starting squad?

Post by WobblyWaider »

I received an email from the Raiders where the Jersey sponsors were presented.

If this is a hint to the starting squad.....bring on '24 I say.

https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2024/02 ... sor-event/
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Re: A Hint to the starting squad ?

Post by Botman »

I honestly don’t think there is much to take away there

But I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t excited to see Chevy standing alone with the 1 jersey
Last edited by Botman on February 8, 2024, 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dylan’s Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Dylan’s Raiders »

Did Adrian Trevilyan get a hair transplant? The kid’s hairline looks 15 again how good for him.

Also no - this has no baring on round 1 selections.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Botman wrote: February 8, 2024, 2:38 pm I honestly don’t think there is much to take away there

But I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t excited to see Chevy standing alone with the 1 jersey
Agree, but it’s clear Jordan Rapana couldn’t attend so they needed to share the players around the jerseys.

A bit strange Strange was standing with the No. 7, along with Fogarty. Surprised Levi was with the No. 14 (and even stranger Jordan Martin was with him and not Trevilyan)… uh oh, I’ve gone down the rabbit hole.
magoo
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Papa

Post by magoo »

Smithies is a big lump of a lad. Very much looking forward to seeing how he goes this year
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

greeneyed wrote: February 8, 2024, 2:47 pm
Botman wrote: February 8, 2024, 2:38 pm I honestly don’t think there is much to take away there

Agree, but it’s clear Jordan Rapana couldn’t attend so they needed to share the players around the jerseys.

A bit strange Strange was standing with the No. 7, along with Fogarty. Surprised Levi was with the No. 14 (and even stranger Jordan Martin was with him and not Trevilyan)… uh oh, I’ve gone down the rabbit hole.
With Schneider and Frawley Stick seemed to have a left side backup and right side backup rather than 7/6… I wonder if that’s what he’s thinking with both Fog and Strange predominantly right despite splaying style?
WobblyWaider
Gerry De La Cruz

Re: A hint to the starting squad?

Post by WobblyWaider »

Yes I am biased, but i am very excited to see Xavier holding the 5....especially after some of the comments here attributed to Crawley.

Call me crazy, but i'd love to see JR in the 14 to be injected on 25 minute stints

Allow the back 5 to build to the future

Allows Jordy to be kept relatively fresh to provide the cameos and from anywhere he is capable of.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

I dont really see a lot of value in Rapana as an impact utility tbh

He's a lunatic who i think his value is in that over a full 80 minutes he'll give you more than he'll take... off the bench, i think he's likley to try to do too much too quickly and frankly... that's when the Rapa experience can get prettttty hairy! :lol:

also he's currently our best winger (and fullback probs), he's not what he once was and id like to see him not be our best winger by seasons end, respectfully, but right now, he's the best we've got and he's still pretty good so just... idk, pick the guy in the spot he's good and has been good and let nature take its course.
Old School Green
Dean Lance

Post by Old School Green »

Botman wrote: February 8, 2024, 9:15 pm I dont really see a lot of value in Rapana as an impact utility tbh

He's a lunatic who i think his value is in that over a full 80 minutes he'll give you more than he'll take... off the bench, i think he's likley to try to do too much too quickly and frankly... that's when the Rapa experience can get prettttty hairy! :lol:

also he's currently our best winger (and fullback probs), he's not what he once was and id like to see him not be our best winger by seasons end, respectfully, but right now, he's the best we've got and he's still pretty good so just... idk, pick the guy in the spot he's good and has been good and let nature take its course.
Agree with all this !
87, 89, 90, 91, 94, 19
I was there. Go the Milk !!