Favourite Player: chicka

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2024

Post by BadnMean »

-TW- wrote: January 11, 2024, 9:45 pm
Bennyboy2283 wrote:Teddy did 2 or 3 ACLs didn’t he
One and a fractured patella

2+ and you're starting to run the risk of ending up like Campo
...Hodgo too.

But he and Campo were at the highest levels of the game in their positions when they did them.

Closer example might be Hoppa who also has 2 knee reco's at a young age iirc. He was absurdly good in lower grades, just carving up. Now not so much.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Bennyboy2283 wrote:Remember papa headhighed him in the semi
destroyed him, point of impact was chest/ball but under current standards probably sin bin

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
deanoman
Brett Mullins

Post by deanoman »

Ronald Volkman got dropped from saints for failing a medical.

He’s a tremendous player. Be good to pick him up cheap and get him in the system.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

deanoman wrote:Ronald Volkman got dropped from saints for failing a medical.

He’s a tremendous player. Be good to pick him up cheap and get him in the system.
Except he’s just been ruled out for the entire season, after a shoulder reconstruction failed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Raiders player signing speculation 2024

Post by gangrenous »

Bennyboy2283 wrote:Adam Doueihi Is on the outer apparently at west tigers , wouldn’t cost much and is only 25 and can play anywhere in the backline, I know I’m going to get my head bitten off cause he is injury prone but what do we have to lose if he comes cheap
He’s also a jerk on social media.

Hard pass.
Bennyboy2283
Ken Nagas
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Bennyboy2283 »

gangrenous wrote: January 12, 2024, 11:23 am
Bennyboy2283 wrote:Adam Doueihi Is on the outer apparently at west tigers , wouldn’t cost much and is only 25 and can play anywhere in the backline, I know I’m going to get my head bitten off cause he is injury prone but what do we have to lose if he comes cheap
He’s also a jerk on social media.

Hard pass.
Was jack wighton a jerk in general but could play, exit stage left
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

You can check my post history if you like. I wouldn’t sign Wighton either.
Bennyboy2283
Ken Nagas

Post by Bennyboy2283 »

Fair enough, look I’m one of the most diehard raiders fans on this earth, I bleed green, I broke a wall when we got screwed in the 2019 grand final, my father was a bulldog supporter and my first jersey was a bulldog jersey, I threw away in the bin and said I lost it at school so my mum would by me a raiders jersey, I wish we went all in on luia cause he is a winner , an **** but I winner and I think whatever team he represents he will still be a cheeky player to everyone he comes up against
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

I’d sign Luai - haven’t seen anything offensive/dangerous from him that I recall? Just irritates people.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Carried on like a knob at To'o's wedding, but other than that harmless
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

deanoman wrote: January 12, 2024, 10:51 am Ronald Volkman got dropped from saints for failing a medical.

"Tremendous"?!?!? No he isn't. Hasn't kicked on since the big wraps at Chooks.

Also, he failed his medical. That means you don't touch him with a 10 foot pole. He's done
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Bennyboy2283 wrote: January 11, 2024, 8:52 pm And no don’t even go there, I’m not comparing him to teddy, but I’m saying people can come good after 3 acls , I bet our recovery department is better than the west tigers are and maybe we can do something they couldn’t or think outside the box
I'll bet your house that they aren't better than the Tigz.

Players can come good after 3 ACLs, but he's now done both knees in those 3. This latest one required an entire cleanout of the knee because of previous recons. So, he'll have played half a season in 3yrs by the time he returns. The rust would be huge. Won't play again til 2025. So, you have a yr to wait still.
Bennyboy2283
Ken Nagas

Post by Bennyboy2283 »

His only 25 so rust won’t take to long to come off, but of wd40 and we are laughing
daley6
David Grant
Favourite Player: campo

Post by daley6 »

What about the may brothers , all off contract at the same time and want 1 club to sign them all, tyrone (5/8 or 7) , taylan (winger) terell( frf 2nd rower, they would help with depth
NoMan
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Boogz

Post by NoMan »

Tyrone makes that a no.
deanoman
Brett Mullins

Post by deanoman »

Matt wrote: January 12, 2024, 3:51 pm
deanoman wrote: January 12, 2024, 10:51 am Ronald Volkman got dropped from saints for failing a medical.

Also, he failed his medical. That means you don't touch him with a 10 foot pole. He's done
He was the leading points scorer for NSW cup last year, and it looks like he did that on bunged shoulder.

I also understand he’s got an underlying injury and that comes with caution, but I wouldn’t say his career is over. If he sorts his injury out, he could easily have a great career.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

gangrenous wrote: January 12, 2024, 12:30 pm I’d sign Luai - haven’t seen anything offensive/dangerous from him that I recall? Just irritates people.
Maybe his speech at To'os wedding slipped your mind?

Or his IG post where he called people idiots?
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Finchy
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

dubby wrote: January 13, 2024, 10:03 am
gangrenous wrote: January 12, 2024, 12:30 pm I’d sign Luai - haven’t seen anything offensive/dangerous from him that I recall? Just irritates people.

Yeah but Douehei said an LGBTQI post was “embarrassing” on social media, so now he’s unemployable...
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Finchy wrote:

Yeah but Douehei said an LGBTQI post was “embarrassing” on social media, so now he’s unemployable...
Where do these off field comments rank on the 'Weak gutted dog' scale?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Finchy wrote:

Heaven forbid.
At least he isn't doing an Usman Khwaja!

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

deanoman wrote: January 13, 2024, 9:59 am

He was the leading points scorer for NSW cup last year, and it looks like he did that on bunged shoulder.

I also understand he’s got an underlying injury and that comes with caution, but I wouldn’t say his career is over. If he sorts his injury out, he could easily have a great career.
The 1st point I'll make is that he and his management were dumb to leave a contract while you still have medical issues.

Being the GKer for the team that came 3rd, who were 3rd for pts scored, makes it easy to be top of the points scoring. He kicked 17 goals more than the next GKer.

Weird stat... he was 2nd for try assists, but 9th for line break assists, so you'd have to think its kicking game TAs. It's also worth noting that Clune and Taafe played half the games and were only a couple of TAs behind him.

His numbers last yr were good, but they should be in a good team.
deanoman
Brett Mullins

Post by deanoman »

Matt wrote: January 13, 2024, 2:06 pm

The 1st point I'll make is that he and his management were dumb to leave a contract while you still have medical issues.

Being the GKer for the team that came 3rd, who were 3rd for pts scored, makes it easy to be top of the points scoring. He kicked 17 goals more than the next GKer.

Weird stat... he was 2nd for try assists, but 9th for line break assists, so you'd have to think its kicking game TAs. It's also worth noting that Clune and Taafe played half the games and were only a couple of TAs behind him.

I agree, a massive balls up by his management. I think he had two years in his contract with the warriors only for the Dragons to throw him on the scrape heap. Poor kid.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

dubby wrote:

I don’t remember what he said in the speech at the wedding (if I knew). Perhaps that would change my view.

I’m okay with calling people idiots. Most people are idiots to be fair. My line is when they’re being violent or abusive or bigots.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

deanoman wrote:
Matt wrote: January 13, 2024, 2:06 pm

I agree, a massive balls up by his management. I think he had two years in his contract with the warriors only for the Dragons to throw him on the scrape heap. Poor kid.
I don't know the background but it's very strange. Maybe he was just desperate to get back to Australia?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Cooper Johns has announced his retirement. Throwing it in here as his name was brought up

Cooper Johns announces retirement from NRL to take up Kyle and Jackie O radio gig: https://au.sports.yahoo.com/nrl-cooper- ... 04883.html
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Bluesbrother
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Bluesbrother »

Thanks, Fui. Good luck to him.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Raiders player signing speculation 2024

Post by gangrenous »

Good luck to him indeed. Poor fella is now at greater risk of a brain injury than he was playing contact sport.
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

The way I read it is he's not officially retired but stepping away. He couldn't get another contract so he needs to be gainfully employed instead of relying on Daddy.

Even though we really really need a back up half, I'm glad he's not coming here.
Bluesbrother
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Bluesbrother »

gangrenous wrote: January 15, 2024, 3:22 pm Good luck to him indeed. Poor fella is now at greater risk of a brain injury than he was playing contact sport.
😂 absolutely!!
Riaan
John Ferguson

Post by Riaan »

Hong Kong Raider wrote: January 15, 2024, 3:49 pm The way I read it is he's not officially retired but stepping away. He couldn't get another contract so he needs to be gainfully employed instead of relying on Daddy.

Even though we really really need a back up half, I'm glad he's not coming here.
I’d say he is officially retired, I doubt any clubs will be looking at home in 12-18 months time.
UncleDrew
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Aidan Sezer

Post by UncleDrew »

I still think we need some outside back depth, any names worth chasing?
Hoppa29
Gerry De La Cruz
Favourite Player: Albert Hopoate

Post by Hoppa29 »

UncleDrew wrote: January 23, 2024, 3:03 pm I still think we need some outside back depth, any names worth chasing?
I think Marion Seve, Jordan Pereria, Enari Tuala and Reimis Smith they are all hotttt too
LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ethan Strange

Post by LimeGreenMachine »

David Nof has just become available.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

LimeGreenMachine wrote: January 23, 2024, 3:07 pm David Nof has just become available.
Don't need Rapa and Nofo. They are basically the same guy