Post by bonehead »

sweating up in Charters Towers heading for a swim in Townsville

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
T_R
Don Furner

Re: Weather Watch

Post by T_R »

Very pleasant this morning in Ankara, if that helps.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

T_R wrote:Very pleasant this morning in Ankara, if that helps.

Turkiye?

Edrick The Entertainer
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Well, it is now, apparently.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

greeneyed wrote:
The Nickman wrote: May 19, 2023, 10:58 am It's a cracking 22 degree day here in Rocky... I love this time of year.
Cause the other nine months of the year it’s like an unbearable sauna!
Plus it's Rocky
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

bonehead wrote: May 19, 2023, 1:20 pm sweating up in Charters Towers heading for a swim in Townsville

Lived up in NQ for 3 years back in the 90s.

Some towns, Charters Towers for example, are absolutely cesspits.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

dubby wrote:
bonehead wrote: May 19, 2023, 1:20 pm sweating up in Charters Towers heading for a swim in Townsville

Lived up in NQ for 3 years back in the 90s.

Some towns, Charters Towers for example, are absolutely cesspits.
loved Charters Towers, great looking town

Edrick The Entertainer
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Yeah, Charters is a great old town, don’t listen to dubby. If he told me it was sunny outside I’d go out in my raincoat.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

-6.8C at 4:10am. Now -6C. Feels like -9C. Could be worse. Feels like -12C in Cooma. Got to almost -10C.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Hahaha that’s so **** ridiculous
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Gone back down to -6.4C. Feels like -10C.

It’s not that cold. New York City had a minimum of -18C in 2016. -17C in 2019. -10C common. Their record low is -26C in 1934.

In Ottawa, capital of Canada, the record low is -39C in 1933. Their lowest temperature in 2022 was -27C. Have been there in the depths of winter. First breath you take going outside, it’s like the air freezes on the way to the lungs.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

nippy here in the valley, -3.5° feels like -6

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Perfect day again in Noosa, if anyone's worried.

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

greeneyed wrote: June 21, 2023, 7:01 am It’s not that cold.
Stockholm Syndrome at its absolute worst right there.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

The Nickman wrote:
greeneyed wrote: June 21, 2023, 7:01 am It’s not that cold.
Stockholm Syndrome at its absolute worst right there.
Delusion is what I'd call it.

And this is why nobody wants to come here.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Went down to -7.2C at one stage apparently. Coldest June morning since 1986. Winter is good for you. The cold is proven to boost your brain. There are plenty of health benefits. Look it up.
LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ethan Strange

Post by LimeGreenMachine »

We got hit by that Storm in SE QLD on Xmas night. We still don't have power.
Luckily from what I can see only minor damage around my house.
It's been talked about that it was a tornado .
My glass pool gate got ripped off its hinges.
Outdoor ceiling fan landed up in my backyard. Luckily we have no big trees near our property.
Walking around the area next day there were a lot of trees down , big trees snapped in half. Some roof damage on houses. Trampolines not in their yards
I havent seen anything like it before , truthfully it was quite scary when it was happening
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Sounds bad. Glad to hear your damage is relatively minor.