Moderator: GH Moderators

Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2023

Post by Raiders_Pat »

Boomercm wrote: December 19, 2023, 8:28 pm
Botman wrote: December 19, 2023, 7:21 pm As an addition:
Bluesbrother, you're on record as criticising the bulldogs for their recruitment strategy.
But on what grounds can you be critical of them?
Do you know more than them?
More than Phil Gould? But despite not knowing as much as them, despite not having all the facts, you seem more than willing to be critical of their moves and their roster build.

But when it comes to Stuart, suddenly it's "they know more than you, who are you to question them?"
Why is it OK for you to be crticial of the Bulldogs but we're not allowed to be critical of the Raiders?

And i answer:
As i've said before, you've obviously got a personnel relationship/connection with Stuart and are doggerdly defending him out of loyalty. And that's fine. I dont have any relationship with the man, im sure he's a great bloke... i am simply commenting on what is happening at this club and what he is or isnt doing that i agree or disagree with. If you cant handle fans being honest in their assessments of your friend, that's a you problem, friend.
You're spot on that you are allowed to be critical of the raiders and Stuart.

But perhaps he is just doggedly defending Stuart because it mirrors the dogged criticism. To think that someone must have a 'personal' relationship with the coach because they disagree with you is a bit grandiose.
The guy has previously admitted himself that he has a personal relationship with Stuart...
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

Raidernation wrote: December 20, 2023, 7:58 am
Botman wrote: December 19, 2023, 9:03 pm
Bluesbrother wrote: December 19, 2023, 8:49 pm Well in this case I'm foreseeing the dogs demise or rather continued lowly position. Whereas you're bagging after the fact. Which is easy to do. There is some hypocrisy from me however it's slightly different.
Nope. Not having that.

Specifically, i have been saying for probably 2 years now EW is not up to NRL football. I've been clear on this and i was right, to the level that Stuart himself basically retired EW publically. EW didnt even make an announcement, Stuart just said it was his last year.
He's not up to it. Stuart knows it. EW does too. We all know it now but i've been saying it for 2 years. Well before the fact.

I said it when Kris was named at fullback it would be a disaster, i maintained that position, even when people on this site were sort of OK with his game, i was here highlighting the areas that were KILLING us. Eventually Stuart had to make a move in the lead up to a finals game because... well 4 months later, he realised it was a disaster. Again, well before the fact. Rapana was a signficant upgrade on Kris. Would Savage have been? I dont know, but boy it would nice to know given just how bad Kris was.

I criticised the club's roster contruction in the pre season highlighting that we were short on edge forwards (noting EW wasnt up to role he was assigned). Said it would be a problem. Guess what? it was a problem. We had to play Hors out there in games because we did not have someone who could actually play edge forward. Once more this was pre season. Well before the fact.

Starling and Croker are just not even worth mentioning. Anyone with eyes could see they had no business playing the roles they played in 2023. We all knew it and said it. It wasnt hindsight. It was real time. In the moment.

And my frustration isnt actually rooted in that i know more than Stuart and the coaches. I dont. it's actually that if some **** clown like me can see this ****, how the **** cant they? And if they cant, what faith can i have in them that they can deliever the club a premiership?
But in fairness, you dont seem to care about that. You're happy to sneak into the 8 and go out in round 1 and everyone "should be happy with that"

Edit: and i want to be very clear, i was not alone on ANY OF THIS. There are dozens of posters who will look at this post and say "yep, that was me too"
This isnt a "im **** awesome" post. This is a "most of this stuff was clear and obvious to even idiots like us but our coaches were too stubborn to act accordingly" post
There's a bit to unpack here.
The issue is that there's a number of posters who believe Ricky chooses players and doggedly sticks with them despite better options available.
Re EW, Rick tried playing EW as a ball playing lock with CHN at second row a couple of years ago, assuming he understood EW was dropping. EW and CHN **** the bed in their positions and a change was needed with ew back to send row and CHN as a bench 13. That next off season they made their play for David fafita.

If I were to describe the strategy behind the second row position is that if we can't get a difference maker than we will run with what we have. Doing this says to me that they thought they were closer to competing than people think.

Now we are in a position where we just need to get someone but making a play and having the funds available for a game breaking second rower was the right decision at the time. We missed and move on. I don't see it as the coach just doggedly sticking with an average player but more looking for the right option. The fact that our strategy is more broad says we're further away from competing because of the young players coming into main positions.

Kris at fullback looked to be last option as rapana said no. It made sense in that HSS was a the possible gun young centre coming in. Turns out HSS **** the bed, teammates wanted croker to come in and Stuart backed it despite knowing he wasn't good enough because he had already put him out to pasture. Jeff bezos would call it dessent and commit. You might not agree with it but if the men on the coalface believe it is the right option then commit to the decision until it fails or succeeds. And it did fail but so did HSS so I can accept it because it showed trust in the playing group and we weren't flush for options.

Savage has been discussed ad nauseum but it's clear Rick believes he has talent but mentality and defense is an issue.

Starling is the closest to the dogged selection of a player as he has never been good at a consistent level and we haven't really made a play for another 9. Tbh I can't see us getting a high level 9 so we are in the young gun/journeyman market. Trev was supposed to be the young gun and isn't there, Levi/woolford the journeyman. Only woolford has been solid.

It's clear there are holes in Ricky's coaching and he needs high level assistants to remedy those gaps and it's up to the club and Ricky to find the right options. The difference I have with most posters is that I think Ricky has a good understanding of what an NRL player looks like and with time develops them into world class players ex halfback. We might put players in that look good on paper but suck like valemei and HSS but realistically they move them on pretty quick.
RN, you are correct on those takes, BUT...

Edge - you are correct, they have tried some things. But since Bateman left, we haven't signed an edge forward. We have played short on the roster that entire time. Yes, we went after a big fish, but like all positions you need depth, and we were clearly lacking any form of it. So sign a Hosking's (which has gone quiet), or similar guy who at worst is solid NRL depth, but sits in Cup most of the time. You should have a backup in every position, as there are 2 edges on game day, you need a minimum of 4, and hopefully some versatility somewhere to make that 5 (ATM, I feel like we have 3, maybe 4 guys that fit that 5th spot in Horse, Mooney, Smithies and maybe Sisagi). This just got worse with the CHN news, we need 2 edges now.

FB - yes, Rapa made it clear his age was a factor playing FB. BUT, again, roster management. Last yr we had 1 NRL ready FB on the books, and he broke his jaw in preseason. Where was the depth? I know we signed Chevy Stewart, but he wasnt going to be ready last yr. As Botman said, Rick persisted with Kris, even after Savage was fit again. So, IMO, he doubled and tripled down on the mistake. We are in a better situation with this this yr, Stewart, Weekes and Savage. Rapa can cameo when/ if required.

As for the 'plodders' Rick holds onto, Starlo, Levi, Guler, Saulo, Hoppa, etc. All guys who can play at this level, BUT, if you only have 1, maybe 2, in your 17 on any given week that's fine. But we have persisted with 3, 4, 5 of these type guys for years. This extends to the aging too, the Soliola's, Whitey's, Croker's of the world. You cant carry too many passengers, 1-2 is ok, you can probably cope with 1 more if they are seasoned aging FGs, but in that instance game time needs assessment. Esp, not when there are guys banging the door down not getting a look in - Rushton (Covid, broken jaw, not much opportunity), Mooney, Puru, Schiller, Morkos (who has given up trying), HSS before his injuries.

We are starting to get grumblings from the youth because they aren't getting a crack, so I hope the 2024 reboot happens. We will have to ride a lean yr or 2 to see what we've actually got.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

Bluesbrother wrote: December 19, 2023, 5:38 pm Everyone is an expert with hindsight. Coaches don't have that luxury.

The team as a whole will be better for last season imo. It's been acknowledged our attack needs to be addressed in a major way, along with our defence. I don't think anyone was happy with the way we played. However, we did win games so there was something to be taken from that. Along with the development of a lot of our squad.

Savage should have learnt a bit from last year himself and if he is the messiah that many are making him out to be he should be able to beat an 18 year old rookie for the starting round 1 jersey. Let's see how he handles it.
You could open a Waffle house with that effort...
We were **** last year and stumbled into the 8 with the largest negative points differential I can recall.
We played negative, boring football and were spanked by teams who could attack.
Don't get me started on some of our outlandish team selections....Kris at fullback?
Anyway...I didn't need hindsight to determine that our coach is out of his depth and shouldn't have started the season as our coach based on historical performances.
Bluesbrother
Brett Mullins

Post by Bluesbrother »

Matt wrote: December 20, 2023, 10:06 am
Bluesbrother wrote: December 19, 2023, 8:10 pm
Matt wrote: December 19, 2023, 6:52 pm
Botman wrote: December 19, 2023, 6:43 pm
Bluesbrother wrote: December 19, 2023, 3:03 pm Last time I checked we won more games than we lost and made the finals. It's easy to criticise but we finished higher than teams with much better rosters. You should be happy with that.
You're welcome to embrace whatrver "happy to be there/loser" mentality you wish. You get to engage in fandom in whatever manner you choose. And so do i. And as a fan of my sporting team i'm not and never will be happy with that. So thanks, but no thanks.
Bluesbrother subscribes to Rick's 1 rule, W/L's, nothing else matters... well, except players playing game 300, thats the exception to the rule.

The more educated fan looks at performance, coaching, roster, the front office, team philosophy, results, you know, the entire story.

PS. The latter is how good teams/sports are run. W/L is the season ladder position only.
Haha I'm taking in the whole picture and I've said many times that it's more than wins and losses. This club was a rabble pre 2013. It's now healthy in every metric you just noted. The more educated fan.... haha, please.
From 2013, has Rick and team made improvements, yes, wont argue that. Given the front office hasn't changed, hard to argue that's better. Given the very up and down nature of this team since he came on board, I think to say ALL metrics are better is not the hill you want to die on. As pointed by others above, not sure Id say performance and roster/ roster management are better.
No, I'll die on it.

Memberships - Improved. Significantly. Record memberships for the last 3 seasons I believe.

Roster - Improved. Several internationals and origin players in our current squad not to mention the last 10 seasons. Although, Fensom had just missed out on a country jersey in 2012. Lol.

Finals appearances- Improved. Significantly. Hadn't made it past week 1 of the finals since 1995.

It's not even an argument. It's a straight sets flogging compared to the previous 15 years.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Bluesbrother wrote:
Botman wrote: December 19, 2023, 6:43 pm You're welcome to embrace whatrver "happy to be there/loser" mentality you wish. You get to engage in fandom in whatever manner you choose. And so do i. And as a fan of my sporting team i'm not and never will be happy with that. So thanks, but no thanks.
Bluesbrother subscribes to Rick's 1 rule, W/L's, nothing else matters... well, except players playing game 300, thats the exception to the rule.

The more educated fan looks at performance, coaching, roster, the front office, team philosophy, results, you know, the entire story.

PS. The latter is how good teams/sports are run. W/L is the season ladder position only.
Haha I'm taking in the whole picture and I've said many times that it's more than wins and losses. This club was a rabble pre 2013. It's now healthy in every metric you just noted. The more educated fan.... haha, please.
From 2013, has Rick and team made improvements, yes, wont argue that. Given the front office hasn't changed, hard to argue that's better. Given the very up and down nature of this team since he came on board, I think to say ALL metrics are better is not the hill you want to die on. As pointed by others above, not sure Id say performance and roster/ roster management are better.
No, I'll die on it.

Memberships - Improved. Significantly. Record memberships for the last 3 seasons I believe.

Roster - Improved. Several internationals and origin players in our current squad not to mention the last 10 seasons. Although, Fensom had just missed out on a country jersey in 2012. Lol.

Finals appearances- Improved. Significantly. Hadn't made it past week 1 of the finals since 1995.

It's not even an argument. It's a straight sets flogging compared to the previous 15 years.
Wrong, made it to week 2 in 2010 and 2012
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Bluesbrother wrote: December 20, 2023, 1:07 pm
Botman wrote: December 19, 2023, 6:43 pm

You're welcome to embrace whatrver "happy to be there/loser" mentality you wish. You get to engage in fandom in whatever manner you choose. And so do i. And as a fan of my sporting team i'm not and never will be happy with that. So thanks, but no thanks.

No, I'll die on it.

I'll pick 1 aspect, coz I can't be bothered answering the rest. Roster, esp in regards to rep players....

The team Ricky inherited from 2013 had Berrigan, Campese, Dugan, Ferguson, TLL, Milford, Papalii, Shillo, Vaughan, and White and Wighton. 11 players who had or would play rep footy.
Reece Robinson, Mataora, Earl all played for lesser nations. If you add country, Croker, McCrone, JT, Sammy Williams. All Stars, add Foster. That's 19 incl the lessers.

In 2023 Ricky had Cotric, Timoko, Kris, Rapa, Tapine, Papalii, Horse, Huddo, Smithies, Levi, CHN. That's right, 11 past or current reps. If you add the lessers in, Croker and Fog (All Stars), that's 13.

Last I checked 19 is more than 13. And if u wanna look at the majors, then its equal at 11. So at best it's equal.
Brew
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by Brew »

Raiders_Pat wrote:
Boomercm wrote: December 19, 2023, 8:28 pm
Botman wrote: December 19, 2023, 7:21 pm As an addition:
Bluesbrother, you're on record as criticising the bulldogs for their recruitment strategy.
But on what grounds can you be critical of them?
Do you know more than them?
More than Phil Gould? But despite not knowing as much as them, despite not having all the facts, you seem more than willing to be critical of their moves and their roster build.

But when it comes to Stuart, suddenly it's "they know more than you, who are you to question them?"
Why is it OK for you to be crticial of the Bulldogs but we're not allowed to be critical of the Raiders?

And i answer:
As i've said before, you've obviously got a personnel relationship/connection with Stuart and are doggerdly defending him out of loyalty. And that's fine. I dont have any relationship with the man, im sure he's a great bloke... i am simply commenting on what is happening at this club and what he is or isnt doing that i agree or disagree with. If you cant handle fans being honest in their assessments of your friend, that's a you problem, friend.
You're spot on that you are allowed to be critical of the raiders and Stuart.

But perhaps he is just doggedly defending Stuart because it mirrors the dogged criticism. To think that someone must have a 'personal' relationship with the coach because they disagree with you is a bit grandiose.
The guy has previously admitted himself that he has a personal relationship with Stuart...
Lucky man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In Ricky We Trust
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

-TW- wrote:
Bluesbrother wrote:
Matt wrote: December 19, 2023, 6:52 pm Bluesbrother subscribes to Rick's 1 rule, W/L's, nothing else matters... well, except players playing game 300, thats the exception to the rule.

No, I'll die on it.

Wrong, made it to week 2 in 2010 and 2012
And 2003

Really dropped the ball on that one
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

He's dropped that nugget 2-3 times and no matter how many times he's told he's wrong he keeps dropping it. :lol:
Just another feather in his cap i suppose.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

I think the stat he’s after is winning round 2 of the finals?
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Savage, Timoko, Strange, Tapine, Rapana

Post by Neeeegz »

I'm sorry to whom this may offend.
I emailed the club about mid 2022 and cancelled my membership and stated problems with automatic selections and certain players getting away with things, I've been watching the club closely and you all know I've had my criticism of the coach on here for all to view
"Bring out the cannon"
But
He's built a raiders way of playing, recruiting and club culture again, youth and some international and origin players, its what he said he needed to win a premiership.
I'm looking forward to 2024.
He won't back a player that won't buy in 1000%
And ill give him a clean slate for 2024.... no grind ball please tho

And I've renewed my membership because the club has moved in the right direction in the big scheme of things

IMO
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Hindsight. …. Haha please. Most of this forum looked at that Kris selection at fullback from the beginning of last season (before rd 1 kickoff) and asked what the **** is he thinking, and those exact same questions continued for ten rounds until Kris finally phoned in a remotely passable game at fullback and Ricky is puffing his chest out and … proving all you’se doubters wrong … before meekly dropping him back to his rightful position in the centres later in the season, where he immediately turned in a blinder in his rightful position. Hindsight for whom is the real question?

When that round 1 team was named I posed to this entire forum.. does anybody think he is a fullback. .. and it was a resounding no from the forum.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Bluesbrother wrote: December 19, 2023, 2:31 pm 1- He had a broken jaw.
2- In that time Kris moved to fullback and HSS played centre, HSS was then replaced by Croker (after senior players met with the coach and asked for his recall) who came in and played well. Hopoate also playing well through this period.
3 - He came back and played a couple of games and was injured again.

Why does he walk straight back into first grade off the back of a broken jaw to beat one of Croker, Hopa, Kris, Cotric or Rapana. Even Schiller.

I'm not sure why Savage deserves to walk straight into the side?

EDIT

So, with that in mind, why does he walk straight into the NRL side to be picked over a number of established players? Who, admittedly were inconsistent, are/were more established members of the team?

Savage is 21, at this time he was 20. It's reasonable to suggest that a 20 year old player, who was showing signs of not handling the rigours of NRL, was not an automatic selection.
Savage was given one game on the wing in Round 10 against the Dogs. He went ok and scored a try. But Sticky had promised Hoppa he could go to his sisters wedding and get his FG spot straight back. So the opportunity to add pace to the 3/4 line was lost. Xav stayed in reggies and was then injured again. There was absolutely NO sign he was not handling the rigours of the NRL.

He came back into NSW Cup in Rd 25 on the wing and scored 3 tries showing his pace and handling to the fullest extent. The FG side lost 5 of the last 7 premiership matches and look like they are running in soft sand with the ball, but Savage cannot get a run??? His non-selection other than for one game after his performance in 2022 was a bad joke. When he came back from injury he showed the advantage of his extreme pace. Sticky stayed stuck in crash ball mode. Opposition defensive lines swallowed it up because it was so predictable.
Neeeegz
John Ferguson

Post by Neeeegz »

The way Savage improved week after week in 2022 was proof to me he can handle NRL on a weekly basis. He had some ok moments in defence, and some outstanding moments in attack.
Hopefully Ricky's going to not be as stubborn in 2024 and actually give a few of these guys a run since it's a rebuilding year and get rid of the grindball style of attack
Bluesbrother
Brett Mullins

Post by Bluesbrother »

Matt wrote: December 20, 2023, 6:29 pm
Bluesbrother wrote: December 20, 2023, 1:07 pm

No, I'll die on it.

I'll pick 1 aspect, coz I can't be bothered answering the rest. Roster, esp in regards to rep players....

The team Ricky inherited from 2013 had Berrigan, Campese, Dugan, Ferguson, TLL, Milford, Papalii, Shillo, Vaughan, and White and Wighton. 11 players who had or would play rep footy.
Reece Robinson, Mataora, Earl all played for lesser nations. If you add country, Croker, McCrone, JT, Sammy Williams. All Stars, add Foster. That's 19 incl the lessers.

In 2023 Ricky had Cotric, Timoko, Kris, Rapa, Tapine, Papalii, Horse, Huddo, Smithies, Levi, CHN. That's right, 11 past or current reps. If you add the lessers in, Croker and Fog (All Stars), that's 13.

Last I checked 19 is more than 13. And if u wanna look at the majors, then its equal at 11. So at best it's equal.
Honestly that list of from 2012 is laughable in comparison to where the 2023 squad is in thier career. We could factor in our future rep stars and speculate about thier trajectories- Mariota, Mooney, Stewart, Strange, Weekes.... but we don't need to. Because where did that 2012 team finish on the ladder?

Stop this talk Matt. It's embarrassing.
Bluesbrother
Brett Mullins

Post by Bluesbrother »

gangrenous wrote: December 20, 2023, 7:35 pm I think the stat he’s after is winning round 2 of the finals?
Yes, that's correct. The Raiders haven't done much in the competition outside the golden era of the late 80's and early 90's. The last 10 years we have been more of a threat than the previous 15. That's all that really needs to be said. It can't be argued. From a results point of view - finals wins, outside of Sheens, Ricky has been the best coach we have had.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Bluesbrother wrote:
Honestly that list of from 2012 is laughable in comparison to where the 2023 squad is in thier career. We could factor in our future rep stars and speculate about thier trajectories- Mariota, Mooney, Stewart, Strange, Weekes.... but we don't need to. Because where did that 2012 team finish on the ladder?
6th… two places above the 2023 team.

Dig up.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

gangrenous wrote: December 21, 2023, 8:35 am
Bluesbrother wrote:

Dig up.
Back of the net.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

gangrenous wrote:
Bluesbrother wrote:

Dig up.
Didn't concede 50 and 48 in the same season either

Put 40 on Melbourne, in Melbourne

Had a positive f/a

Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

-TW- wrote: December 21, 2023, 10:34 am
gangrenous wrote:
Bluesbrother wrote:

Dig up.

Had a positive f/a
Objectively and Statistically, seems like a much better year than 2023.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Coastalraider wrote:
gangrenous wrote:
Bluesbrother wrote:

Dig up.

Had a positive f/a
Objectively and Statistically, seems like a much better year than 2023.
Wasn't like pulling teeth watching them play either.

Was enjoyable watching them play rather than relief we didn't blow another 12/18 point lead to win by 2
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Bluesbrother wrote: December 21, 2023, 8:17 am

Stop this talk Matt. It's embarrassing.
Looking at what's above, I'd say you are still on that deserted island with Rick. So which 1 of us is embarrassed?

Also, Ricky started on 2014. I listed the 2013 side, so it's not the 2012 team.
FROG
Brett Mullins

Post by FROG »

**** Matt, get a grip mate. Your comparing one of the best years we had post golden era with one of the worst years under Stuart and that's supposed to demonstrate that we are no better off under Stuart?? Laughable logic... its undeniably the case that Stuart is our second most successful coach behind sheens (third if you want to include Bennett).
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

FROG wrote: December 21, 2023, 7:27 pm **** Matt, get a grip mate. Your comparing one of the best years we had post golden era with one of the worst years under Stuart and that's supposed to demonstrate that we are no better off under Stuart?? Laughable logic... its undeniably the case that Stuart is our second most successful coach behind sheens (third if you want to include Bennett).
Might wanna re-read...
"From 2013, has Rick and team made improvements, yes, wont argue that."

He is also the 2nd best coach behind Sheens.

There are still lots of flaws FROG. And I'm not the only 1 saying it.
Riaan
John Ferguson

Post by Riaan »

gangrenous wrote:
Bluesbrother wrote:

Dig up.

Had a positive f/a
Got spanked 40-zip by the Tigers, so I’m very confused what point you and Matt are trying to make?
Finchy
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

Riaan wrote: December 21, 2023, 10:44 pm
gangrenous wrote:
Bluesbrother wrote:

Dig up.

Had a positive f/a
Got spanked 40-zip by the Tigers, so I’m very confused what point you and Matt are trying to make?
I assume the point they’re making is that Bluesbrother is ****-canning the 2012 squad to claim the 2023 squad is superior, even throwing in a “where did that team finish?” jab without even doing his homework, only to end up with egg all over his face when shown the 2012 squad generally outperformed our current squad both in final ladder position and general results and performance
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Think there was a mix up early in the argument about when Sticky took over. 2012 was a decent year. Wheels fell off late in 2013. We were actually going OK, sitting 7th at 10-8. Then got absolutely pasted at home by Melbourne. Lost the next 2 and Furner was booted. Dunemann took over and we lost our next 3 to finish 13th.

Sticky came in 2014 after 1 year with Eels and his infamous PowerPoint slide roster cull.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Choc Magic
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Choc Magic »

Northern Raider wrote: December 22, 2023, 8:07 am
Sticky came in 2014 after 1 year with Eels and his infamous OVERHEAD PROJECTOR roster cull.
fixed
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Choc emphasising Rick’s use of outdated methods
Choc Magic
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Choc Magic »

gangrenous wrote: December 22, 2023, 10:46 am Choc emphasising Rick’s use of outdated methods Image
At least he didn't use texta's
Brew
Steve Walters

Post by Brew »

9 Days left for this thread, anymore signing speculations?

Oh sorry, wrong thread: this is another bash Ricky thread.

I hope Ricky coaches us till he his 85 so all you miserable sods can talk about it on the internet for the next 30 years.

In Ricky We Trust
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Brew wrote: December 22, 2023, 7:02 pm 9 Days left for this thread, anymore signing speculations?

I hope Ricky coaches us till he his 85 so all you miserable sods can talk about it on the internet for the next 30 years.

The beatings will continue, until recruitment improves.
PNGRaider37
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by PNGRaider37 »

Brew wrote: December 22, 2023, 7:02 pm 9 Days left for this thread, anymore signing speculations?

👀🫡🙃
Brew
Steve Walters

Post by Brew »

BadnMean wrote:

News Flash - no one wants to live in Canberra when they can live in Qld or Sydney

In Ricky We Trust
Neeeegz
John Ferguson

Post by Neeeegz »

Brew wrote: December 22, 2023, 8:24 pm
BadnMean wrote:

News Flash - no one wants to live in Canberra when they can live in Qld or Sydney

Plenty of opportunities for post footy career paths of employment though, footy players need to understand how to not blow their whole career earnings by age 40 and be living in a tent under a bridge, so to speak... that could be a selling point.
In a way..