Post by Botman »

Dem boys getting their **** beat down
Back up QBs in the game with most the 4th to play
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Re: NFL Thread

Post by Matt »

Another season of following a team that can't win anything... argh!

I've seen the box score, but looks like Dak capitulated trying to play catchup.

Where the F is our D?!? Can't get off the field
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Matt wrote: October 9, 2023, 1:47 pm Another season of following a team that can't win anything... argh!

49ers dominated just about every aspect of the game. Can't put this one solely on the QB. That said, Dak wasn't up to it when they needed him to mount a fightback.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Northern Raider wrote: October 9, 2023, 5:00 pm
Matt wrote: October 9, 2023, 1:47 pm Another season of following a team that can't win anything... argh!

49ers dominated just about every aspect of the game. Can't put this one solely on the QB. That said, Dak wasn't up to it when they needed him to mount a fightback.
I just sat through the highlights... I know it's not the full story, but ooph! That's a bad showing all round.

The 3 picks...
1st over thrown, 100% on Dak.
2nd off Gallups knee at worst, hands at best, 100% on Gallup, goes against Dak.
3rd, LB jumped the route. Bit of good play by the LB and bad non read by the QB, ill go the each way bet, but again ends on the QB.

Now... McCartys offense is shiite! It's so simple they can't score points. Coz its too basic.

They have weapons, and don't use them enough. The in motion deep ball to Turpin was beautiful. But why isn't CD being feed? If Cooks is so good at route running and getting deep, then why isn't he seeing more ball?!?

Unfortunately, I think Gallup is a bust, and we just paid him. Pollard ISNT a feature back (something I've said all along).

We have 4 TEs that are #2s or #3s in an offense that's supposed to feature them.

On the positive side we kept the run game is check for the most part. CMc under 3 a pop. Deebo was "bang or bust"... TBF they'll take it. Mason got half his on the TD run at the end.

It's the chunk passes that killed us. All 3 big dogs got them.

I'm over sides that promise so much and delivery so little. Both my teams have good rosters with bum coaches and tactics (DQ aside). This was supposed to be the pick me up after the NRL and hopefully keep me going into next yr....
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

I dont think you can pin that on any one unit or person
The reality is the cowboys were out played, and out coached on all phases

The niners took it too the cowboys D, ran on them, kept it to managable conversions to keep drives a live, hit big plays and consistently moved the football. They won up front and when the Cowboys dont create negative plays and get you into 3rd and long, the back 7 is good but not scary. Being able to take Parsons out of the game is huge too, since without him the pass rush isnt super scary either.

Offensively none of their **** worked. This is a west coast offence and it's a lot of play action, it's a lot of dink and dunk, run the football, it's taking the 4-5 yards and getting down the field... that **** wont fly with this niners team, the back 7 are fast as **** and they're all physical. They'll come up aggressively and hit, so those little dinks and dunks for 4-5 yards, are 2-3 if you're lucky... gets you behind the sticks and Dak is not a guy you can reliably put it on him to go and win a game and drive the football and make money plays against elite defences. He's consistently fallen short

The niners were simply better and more physical in every phase. I dont think that's going to change. They're a nightmare match up for Dallas and if they meet again in the play offs, health being fair, ill wager they'll kick their **** again

Importantly for me, the way the Niners beat the Cowboys, is imo replicable for the Eagles. Albeit in a slightly different way. We dont have the LBs they do, but we've got a better front 4, that can shut down a run game, and force a team into being one dimensial. The eagles corners can play man if we're in passing situations, ill trust that front 4 to win. (Edit: Just to be clear, i dont think the eagles will sweep, i think we'll split, as always, and i still think Dallas are a good team, but the Eagles should feel good about that match up imo)
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Botman wrote: October 9, 2023, 6:57 pm I dont think you can pin that on any one unit or person
The reality is the cowboys were out played, and out coached on all phases

The niners took it too the cowboys D, ran on them, kept it to managable conversions to keep drives a live, hit big plays and consistently moved the football. They won up front and when the Cowboys dont create negative plays and get you into 3rd and long, the back 7 is good but not scary. Being able to take Parsons out of the game is huge too, since without him the pass rush isnt super scary either.

Offensively none of their **** worked. This is a west coast offence and it's a lot of play action, it's a lot of dink and dunk, run the football, it's taking the 4-5 yards and getting down the field... that **** wont fly with this niners team, the back 7 are fast as **** and they're all physical. They'll come up aggressively and hit, so those little dinks and dunks for 4-5 yards, are 2-3 if you're lucky... gets you behind the sticks and Dak is not a guy you can reliably put it on him to go and win a game and drive the football and make money plays against elite defences. He's consistently fallen short

The niners were simply better and more physical in every phase. I dont think that's going to change. They're a nightmare match up for Dallas and if they meet again in the play offs, health being fair, ill wager they'll kick their **** again

Importantly for me, the way the Niners beat the Cowboys, is imo replicable for the Eagles. Albeit in a slightly different way. We dont have the LBs they do, but we've got a better front 4, that can shut down a run game, and force a team into being one dimensial. The eagles corners can play man if we're in passing situations, ill trust that front 4 to win. (Edit: Just to be clear, i dont think the eagles will sweep, i think we'll split, as always, and i still think Dallas are a good team, but the Eagles should feel good about that match up imo)
We are definitely built to play from in front and/or ahead of the chains.

I think Dak is better than dink and dunk, but he's not elite or clutch. So it's probably the right style, but they need a way to get more splash play options, AND, a way to feed CD.

As far as splash plays, from the 3 and a bit games I've watched, most of them have come from players in motion pre snap. So more of that please.

I also like when they put multiple players, in the backfield incl Turpin and CD. It's normally a pass, but usually includes a LB miss matched on one of them. Something that is a team strength.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Raiders beat the Packers for the first time since 1987

That's insane

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

ARGH!

KR/WR KaVontae Turpin, is believed to have suffered a high-ankle sprain in the loss yesterday. Typically it’s a 4-6 week timetable for return but he's having an MRI to confirm and determine the severity. Per Ian Rapoport.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

****!

Cowboys plan to place LB Leighton Vander Esch (neck) on injured reserve this week and are discussing a potential veteran addition. Test results been promising, and there is hope Vander Esch could be designated to return later this season, a person familiar with situation said

Per Michael Gehlken
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Bad things come in 3s, well... Here's a 3rd...

From @ToddBrock24f7: The Cowboys could be without the services of special teams ace C.J. Goodwin, who tore his left pectoral muscle during Sunday’s 42-10 loss.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

We're at the portion of the season where injuries are now going to start making or breaking seasons.
LVE and Turpin arent significant loses in talent and play making, but the dallas get a little worse in all 3 phases... ST and Offence where they could use Turpin's play making and Defence with LVE.

Eagles are about to embark on a murderous 8 weeks of football after this Jets game.

MIA (One of the most difficult offences to game plan against, genuine 50/50 game but my gut feel is we lose this)
@WAS (HAVE to win this. Cannot afford to drop this game given the schedule. Think we will)
DAL (Dont know if we win this one or the other, either way i think it's a split. 0.5 wins)
BYE
@KC (I think we'll win this game, dunno why, but i think we win)
BUF (I think between this and KC we'll split so in this ill say we lose)
SF (The Niners better win given the trash they've talked. Eagles WIN i say, might be different in the play offs)
@DAL (Again, think this is a split series. Dont think either team sweeps)
@SEA (Think we're better and we'll win, tough game at Lumen though against a good team)

assuming the eagles can get a W over the Jets I've got us going 5-3 after that and that'll be 11-3... but it could easily be 3-5
This stretch will define the division and the NFC seeding. Eagles go 5-3 or better in that stretch, i believe the path to the super bowl is going to come through Philly again.
4-4 or 3-5... that wont be good enough to win the div let alone get the #1 seed.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Dallas in the next 8 games:
@Chargers
BYE
Rams visit
@Pheagles
G-Men visit
@Panthers
Commies visit
@Seattle
Pheagles visit

If we are legit, it's time for some stomping. Pheagles being the only team we could/should lose too. But what's the bet we drop at least 1 more - Rams or Chargers is my tip. There is a 4 day turnaround between Panthers and Commies though, so that's a tough one too.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Chargers game is going to be very interesting for dem Boys.

I think thats a 6-2 slate.. they'll split the eagles games and drop one other inexplicable. But it should be 7-1.
5-3 or worst and it's philly's division.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Vikings to place WR Justin Jefferson (hamstring) on Injured Reserve, will be out at least 4 games. (via Tom Pelissero)
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Botman wrote: October 10, 2023, 8:31 pm Chargers game is going to be very interesting for dem Boys.

I think thats a 6-2 slate.. they'll split the eagles games and drop one other inexplicable. But it should be 7-1.
5-3 or worst and it's philly's division.
Yup. Sounds about right
mick63
David Grant
Favourite Player: chicka,lazzo,logan,rapana

Post by mick63 »

samvucago wrote: September 28, 2023, 10:15 am
mick63 wrote: September 28, 2023, 9:10 am Seeing that Bakhtiari,Jenkins are out and Tom is questionable for Packers Thursday night against a rising Lions defence.
Jones and Watson likely but you have to think they’re only in because of the importance of the game.
Massive game for GB.
Am a GB fan and agree that this game could very well determine where they end up after Week 17. Vikings stinking it up after what they produced last season is a surprise in this Division and gives GB a better shot than I thought they would get.
Hand on flame I’m a cheesehead but a keen neutral generally.

Tough couple of weeks what with the lions and raiders losses.
Seems like GB can’t get all 3 phases firing in the one game.
Injuries to LT and RB just not what’s helpful to a young QB.
Signs are there that he can make a play and in time I reckon he will get there.
But my peeve is the defence…Murph and Gute have prioritised defence in the draft for years probably thinking that if they can limit teams to 20 Aaron could score 21 or (cause he was wavering/uncommitted) the replacement would have an easier road to hoe.

So massive two weeks upcoming vs Broncos and Vikings - JJ.

4-3 not so bad
2-5 not so good
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Another London game... I'd say the Ravens handle King Henry.

Commies to get another annoying W vs Falcons. Howell with a scramble TD late to win.

Can I vote for the Bears doubling up on the Vikings?!?! Man that would be fun.

Gonna say the Bengals sink again vs Seahawks. Metcalf double.

9ers to drop a hammer on Browns.

Stroud to throw his 1st INT vs Saints, BUT, win.

Jagz over Colts.

Phins 50 burger on Panthers.

I kinda wanna pick Pats over Raiders... but I wont.

Rams over Cards.

Lions to stomp on the Buccs.

Eagles late TD extends the win to a 10pt victory.

Bills to force G-men to bench Jones before the 4th quarter.

Dallas to read the Moore play book all night. Herbert to struggle. Dallas win close, when it should have been easier.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Matt wrote: October 15, 2023, 4:10 pm Another London game... I'd say the Ravens handle King Henry.

Commies to get another annoying W vs Falcons. Howell with a scramble TD late to win.

Can I vote for the Bears doubling up on the Vikings?!?! Man that would be fun.

Gonna say the Bengals sink again vs Seahawks. Metcalf double.

9ers to drop a hammer on Browns.

Stroud to throw his 1st INT vs Saints, BUT, win.

Jagz over Colts.

Phins 50 burger on Panthers.

I kinda wanna pick Pats over Raiders... but I wont.

Rams over Cards.

Lions to stomp on the Buccs.

Bills to force G-men to bench Jones before the 4th quarter.

Dallas to read the Moore play book all night. Herbert to struggle. Dallas win close, when it should have been easier.
I see Sauce and Reid are out... Pheagles might do it pretty easy then ...
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Matt wrote: October 16, 2023, 5:08 am
Matt wrote: October 15, 2023, 4:10 pm Another London game... I'd say the Ravens handle King Henry. Birds get it done

Commies to get another annoying W vs Falcons. Howell with a scramble TD late to win. no late TD, but stupid Commies

Can I vote for the Bears doubling up on the Vikings?!?! Man that would be fun. Would have been fun, but logic prevailed

Gonna say the Bengals sink again vs Seahawks. Metcalf double. :thumbsdown

9ers to drop a hammer on Browns. :woot: :cry: :lol: i guess they used all their juice last wk

Stroud to throw his 1st INT vs Saints, BUT, win. WINNER WINNER BRISCUIT DINNER

Jagz over Colts. :thumbsup

Phins 50 burger on Panthers. ONLY HIT 40

I kinda wanna pick Pats over Raiders... but I wont. :thumbsup

Rams over Cards. :thumbsup

Lions to stomp on the Buccs. :thumbsup

Bills to force G-men to bench Jones before the 4th quarter. Did i miss Jones being injured? Coz Tyrod played the whole game. But I failed on both here

I see Sauce and Reid are out... Pheagles might do it pretty easy then ...
Its not quiet losing to the Cards, but hehehe. As he shows some restraint before tomorrow....
ADDED COMMENTS
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Had a workshop to attend today 9am-12:30pm so barely saw the eagles game but what im seeing on twitter, multiple key injuries and 0-4 in the turnover battle
I am not looking forward to watching this game tonight. I can already tell its going a incredible frustrating and sloppy offensive game
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

As anticipated, **** show
Game is littered with self inflicted wounds, lacking ball security, drops by sure handed WRs, errors and miscommunciations in pass protection and ends ultimately on a very uncharactoristic error by Hurts when we could have punted and trusted the D to get a stop
Silly game, really silly and they deserved to lose, but honestly im less concerned for the loss than i am the mounting injury toll

We played a SB with 22/22 starters healthy, the injury regression was coming and it's here. We've got cluster injuries in the secondary and have the dolphins coming up next, no one stresses communication and sound back 7 play like the dolphins. Very untimely match up. Have to see what the injury report looks like but it could get ugly for us next week
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

"Dallas to read the Moore play book all night. Herbert to struggle. Dallas win close, when it should have been easier."

I'm going to watch the replay shortly, but apparently this is bang on. DQ had Moore's number. Herbert had a Barry Crocker. Dallas only scraped home, esp as they muffed a punt that kept the Chargers in it.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Herbert had maybe his worst game I’ve seen

Missed multiple lay ups. A lot of touchdowns left on the table and as per usual McCarthy and Staley put on a “hmmm really?” Coaching clinic :lol:

Good stuff all around
Last edited by Botman on October 17, 2023, 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Botman wrote: October 17, 2023, 5:39 pm Herbert had maybe his worst game I’ve seen

Missed multiple lay ups. Could have touchdowns left on the table and as per usual McCarthy and Staley put on a “hmmm really?” Coaching clinic :lol:

Good stuff all around
Oh man... tell me about it! It's infuriating
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Gallup dropped 2 TDs in the 1st half. Dak saved him with the TD run the 1st time, but not the 2nd.
In fact, Gallup has been shiite tonight. And this yr as a whole
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

DaRod Bland drops an INT. After the yr he's having. Wow
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Man, I feel sorry for Tolbert there.
He gets pancaked into the punt returner Turpin. Thinks Turpin's muffed the fair catch. So, gets up, hustles to the ball and tries to dive on it.
Argh!
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Markquese Bell is lighting it up today
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

This team and penalties. F Me!
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Pollard drops a TD now.
Maybe a touch long.
Hard to grab that.
Looked similar to Turpin a couple of wks ago though.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Ok... Ooph! It's a road win.

I've been saying it for 2 seasons, but Pollard isn't a feature back. He's the juice change up guy.

Gallup... **** is going on dude?!? Esp after u got paid.

Our TEs suck. All 2s and 3s, no 1s. Add to that, they took the FB, and dont use him, ****! Losing Schultz was a mistake, as I suspected at the time.

I think Dak actually kept us alive today. Missed Ferguson down the seam late, but was rushed outta the pocket too. Was ok otherwise.

Teams are definitely dialing it up on Parsons. They will need to review how to get him 1 on 1 more. BUT, the man gets the big play late today.

Penalties, penalties, penalties... get that **** sorted ****.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Cowboys fans love over reacting haha

I actually think Ferguson is good as a TE. Is he elite? No but he gets open and gives a good target. Dak missed him wide open down the seam late in the game. He's fine. He's not the Cowboys problem.
Pollard is a fine featured back but expecting his effeciency to remain as high as it was in a featured roll was a fools errand. He's a good RB. Dynamic, makes plays, does most things well. He's good. He's not CMC, but that's fine

Gallup has just never been the same since the injury. He was an awesome boundary WR but has been a disaster since coming back.

Parsons was quiet but he made his impact when it was needed the most. And penalties are a sign of bad coaching. Which i think dem boys have.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Botman wrote: October 17, 2023, 8:07 pm Cowboys fans love over reacting haha

I actually think Ferguson is good as a TE. Is he elite? No but he gets open and gives a good target. Dak missed him wide open down the seam late in the game. He's fine. He's not the Cowboys problem.
Pollard is a fine featured back but expecting his effeciency to remain as high as it was in a featured roll was a fools errand. He's a good RB. Dynamic, makes plays, does most things well. He's good. He's not CMC, but that's fine

Gallup has just never been the same since the injury. He was an awesome boundary WR but has been a disaster since coming back.

Parsons was quiet but he made his impact when it was needed the most. And penalties are a sign of bad coaching. Which i think dem boys have.
It's not overreacting when it's been the same issues most if the yr, esp on offence. Coaching too, something u mention most wks too.

The 1 down the seam, Dak sees him just as he gets flushed out of the pocket. I've had a 2nd and 3rd look now. Schultz is/was better than Ferguson.

At 3.8 per carry Pollards down the list this yr. I think the Cowboys need to run Dowdle more, esp between the tackles, to take the pounding off Pollard. Missing the Zeke 1,2 punch. Pollards catching has been better than running this yr IMO.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Pheagles signing Julio Jones
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Matt wrote: October 18, 2023, 5:28 am Pheagles signing Julio Jones
Vibes: Excellent. Love this

Actually football: We only had 4 WRs coming into this year, Quez Watkins is on IR and pretty much sucks, Zaccheaus is just fine, not sure Julio is impactful anymore, but might add a little something as a #3 over Zaccheaus. No idea how this and Josiah Scott is going to help this extremely injured secondary hold up against the dolphins. Eagles are going to have 5-6 DB's on the injury report this week :nooo