25%
Knights 13+
25%

Total votes: 4

The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Re: 2023 NRLW Rd 7 v Knights: Teams and Game Day

Post by The Greenhouse »

50th min TRY KNIGHTS to Sheridan Gallagher in the corner, after a great break down the middle from Upton. They spread it on the last tackle and that’s all they needed. Converted.

Raiders 12
Knights 12
The Greenhouse score update service
Lamenting Actions
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: Grace Kemp

Post by Lamenting Actions »

This ref sure likes letting players lay on each other in tackles.
-PJ- wrote: April 14, 2024, 9:07 pm I thought it went really good, now let’s go get some soft serve.
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

52nd min TRY KNIGHTS to Jesse Southwell. And that was poor goal line defence really. Converted. Hate to say it, but this is another second half fade.

Knights 18-12
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

59th min PENALTY KNIGHTS and that’s a tough call. They’re taking the two.

PENALTY GOAL KNIGHTS to Jesse Southwell.

That’s going to be very tough to come back from.

Knights 20-12
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

63rd min Knights captain’s challenge fails. Knock on call confirmed. Raiders scrum at their own end. The set ends with a Canberra error, after a good run from Tungai.
Green Machine
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Edrick Lee

Post by Green Machine »

Even the chicks are Faiders.
2011 Bronze Member - #8066
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

69th min Good attack, first a seven tackle set, then the Knights are tackled out. But the Raiders knock on in red zone Captain’s challenge fails.
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

FULL TIME

Newcastle Knights 20
Canberra Raiders 12

MATCH REPORT: Newcastle Knights overrun Canberra Raiders in standalone NRLW clash

What would you have seen if you were among the 1962 with a ticket to Canberra Stadium's first standalone NRLW game?
You would have seen why Canberra winger Madison Bartlett is regarded as one of the game's best finishers, why Newcastle fullback Tamika Upton is one of the NRLW's most unstoppable players and why 18-year-old halfback Jesse Southwell is the competition's future.

NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS 20 (Georgia Roche, Sheridan Gallagher, Jesse Southwell tries; Jesse Southwell 4 goals) defeated CANBERRA RAIDERS 12 (Madison Bartlett 2 tries; Zahara Temara 2 goals) at Canberra Stadium

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

MATCH REPORT: Southwell steers Knights home against Raiders

Knights halfback Jesse Southwell made amends for a shot clock blunder to lead the 2022 NRLW premiers to a 20-12 defeat of the Raiders at Canberra Stadium.

Southwell conceded a 44th minute penalty for taking too long to take a goal line drop out and Canberra halfback Zahara Temara kicked a penalty goal from in front of the posts to give the home side a 12-6 lead.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2023/09/02/sou ... t-raiders/

MATCH REPORT: Raiders fall to Knights in Canberra: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2023/09 ... -canberra/

MATCH HIGHLIGHTS: Raiders v Knights: https://www.nrl.com/news/2023/09/02/nrl ... hts-women/

PRESS CONFERENCES: Raiders v Knights: https://www.nrl.com/watch/matches/holde ... nd-7-2023/

GALLERY: Raiders v Knights: https://www.gettyimages.com.au/photos/c ... =775971190
Last edited by The Greenhouse on September 2, 2023, 1:12 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Rocky cameo for half time speech?

Sent from my SM-A536E using Tapatalk

This place is woke.
Finchy
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

The second half fade outs permeates all levels and genders
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The Raiders really are just one or two players away from being genuine title contenders. Upton and Southwell were the difference in the end. We need an extra game breaker or two.

The depth is presently being tested. I don’t know what the cause of the second half fades is, but perhaps it’s fitness, perhaps the bench quality.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

We all stink eventually.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

That was a fantastic game from the girls and a really great atmosphere. The first half was the most fun I've had at a game for years.

We only missed 8 tackles in that first half and barely made an error. It was outstanding football.

In the second half the Knights were allowed to totally control the ruck. There was way more wrestle in that game than I've seen in any other WNRL game. The ref let them get away with way too much. On the flipside we couldn't catch a break in defence. The Knights got a few fortunate repeat sets and scored off two of them. Upton was a real difference, but other than her we had them very well contained.

I thought we were the better team out there, I really did. Just a few dropped balls at the end of the game denied us a chance to win.

I didn't see it as a fade at all, we just played an experienced team who were allowed to manipulate the ruck.

Wiki clearly had her best game by far, but I also want to single out Apii Nicholls who is an absolutely outstanding ball player at fullback. The space and opportunities she creates with her passing game is incredible. She sometimes has a few handling issues fielding kicks, but in general she is a fantastic footballer.

Holyman is a gem too. Taufa and Temara are obviously stars. I don't think we lack strikepower at all, maybe just a bit of pace.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk

Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

There isn't much difference between us and the reigning premiers. We were leading 10-0 going into half time, thought we could have scored at least one more try in the first half with the possession and field position we had.

Jesse Southwell and Upton were the difference in the end and they had all the possession and field position in the second half. Too many errors by us.

But I like the way how we play and spread the ball. Robins-Reti was impressive again with her footwork and Bartlett knows the way to the try line. Wiki was outstanding too. Nicolls can ball play and was in our best moments. She reduced her error rate. Great to see Monalisa back. I think Smith runs a nice line as well. Kemp and Matua with their usual impact.

I hope we win our next two to make the finals.

The commentary was less biased on Fox this week. Tarsha Gale must have been previously subject to complaints.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Couldn’t watch this live, was out on an early Father’s Day lunch

0/2 when I’ve missed the game… gotta make time for these girls and see it helps get them back on track :lol:

Sounds like a solid enough game despite the loss.