Total votes: 16

-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Re: 2023 Rd 23 v Storm: Game Day

Post by -PJ- »

Botman wrote: August 13, 2023, 6:18 pm
Old School Green wrote: August 13, 2023, 5:53 pm
greeneyed wrote: August 13, 2023, 5:13 pm That press conference from the head coach was embarrassing and the club should be better represented by the head coach than that.
Really GE? I’m not sure what you expect from him. I think he was spot on. We were embarrassing and crap. And he said he didn’t want to be there. Called it how it is. Honest I thought 🤷‍♂️
It’s his job to front up there and answer the questions. He’s got a duty to the fans to do his job.

You go to work tomorrow and tell your boss you don’t want to be there and you’re not going to do your job and tell me how it goes for you.
Hey Bot,
I’m not driving all the way into work to tell my boss I don’t want to be there or play today when I can just ring in..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Lucky
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Lucky »

Geez this HG Nelson guy is a bit of a jibberer.... doesnt think much of the raiders thats for sure, ripping into them (albeit rightly so)
Does he have cancer or something.... he looks like my dad when he was dying of cancer, in relation to his hair only growing in patches from the chemotherapy.

Oh, and why the HELL were we paying $1.30 to make the 8 , considering our tough run home and we have been putrid all year.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

greeneyed wrote: August 13, 2023, 5:13 pm That press conference from the head coach was embarrassing and the club should be better represented by the head coach than that.
Really GE? I’m not sure what you expect from him. I think he was spot on. We were embarrassing and crap. And he said he didn’t want to be there. Called it how it is. Honest I thought 🤷‍♂️
Haha..
You think Ricky can speak about the team being crap and embarrassing without including himself in that assessment?
Thats comedy!
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Savage, Timoko, Strange, Tapine, Rapana

Post by Neeeegz »

Botman wrote: August 13, 2023, 6:18 pm
It’s his job to front up there and answer the questions. He’s got a duty to the fans to do his job.

You go to work tomorrow and tell your boss you don’t want to be there and you’re not going to do your job and tell me how it goes for you.
100%
Been there and done that. Demanded change and adherence to safety protocols and bam, out the door with 4 weeks pay to shut my mouth. Easiest 8k I ever earned.
Ricky should try it
Neeeegz
John Ferguson

Post by Neeeegz »

reptar wrote: August 13, 2023, 6:20 pm Good thing we took the two early.
Yep, great call. After 20 minutes and all the momentum, basically say to the storms " we can't score against you"... here ya go, score 48 points. We don't care
Neeeegz
John Ferguson

Post by Neeeegz »

Lucky wrote: August 13, 2023, 6:26 pm Geez this HG Nelson guy is a bit of a jibberer.... doesnt think much of the raiders thats for sure, ripping into them (albeit rightly so)
Does he have cancer or something.... he looks like my dad when he was dying of cancer, in relation to his hair only growing in patches from the chemotherapy.
When the Bulldogs beat us next week, then rocky will see some pressure, and we may see some change
Oh, and why the HELL were we paying $1.30 to make the 8 , considering our tough run home and we have been putrid all year.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Lucky wrote:Geez this HG Nelson guy is a bit of a jibberer.... doesnt think much of the raiders thats for sure, ripping into them (albeit rightly so)

Bloody legend of Australian sport. You've never heard of him? His SOO calls with Roy were amazing.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
rednut raider
Gerry De La Cruz
Favourite Player: Alan tongue

Post by rednut raider »

Next week will be the true test of where we are. Will the players drop their bundle or will we come back hard. Jack wighton cannot leave soon enough. I am so glad we didn’t spend 1.1 million on the crap he continues to provide week in week out. I think we have overachieved this year for a side whose main man has effectively told the side cya later I’m going to win a premiership elsewhere as don’t believe in you guys. Door can’t hit him hard enough on the way out
Yap
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Dave Leave Nothing In The Tank Shillington

Post by Yap »

Lucky wrote: August 13, 2023, 6:26 pm Geez this HG Nelson guy is a bit of a jibberer.... doesnt think much of the raiders thats for sure, ripping into them (albeit rightly so)
Roy and HG....absolute legends

Budging on the blindside each week is a crack up

Oh and we are crap....whatever he said would of been on the 💰
Green_Hammock
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Rapana, Campese

Post by Green_Hammock »

Missed the game because I'm on a long road trip, was going to watch later but glad I saw the score.

If they don't respond in the next couple of weeks, there are some changes that need to be made for 2024. I love all our players but Whitehead is definitely one of them.

I don't necessarily disagree with the calls for a new coach, but I just know how unrealistic it is. The club has sacked one coach in it's entire existence, and that was well overdue at the time. Ricky has been able to remain safe because he took us to a grand final and 2 prelims, which is a lot more than the last few could brag about.

Sent from my SM-A736B using Tapatalk

Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Mickey_Raider »

rednut raider wrote: August 13, 2023, 7:42 pm Next week will be the true test of where we are. Will the players drop their bundle or will we come back hard. Jack wighton cannot leave soon enough. I am so glad we didn’t spend 1.1 million on the crap he continues to provide week in week out. I think we have overachieved this year for a side whose main man has effectively told the side cya later I’m going to win a premiership elsewhere as don’t believe in you guys. Door can’t hit him hard enough on the way out
Why would a home game against a spoon contender be the true test of where we are?

I would have thought that a game against the 4th placed storm would show us where we are, as we were apparently 5th.

As it turns out, it showed us exactly where we are. Nowhere.

We will learn nothing from next weekend.

It will mostly likely be similar to the Tigers game. An Ugly and unconvincing win to spur the delusion for another week.
Up The Milk
Crusader
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Crusader »

1 things I cant get my head around

1. who in their right mind decides to take the 2 against any team let alone Melbourne in Melbourne, honestly think about it, its negativity, the opposition team love it, it shows fear, what confidence does 2-0 give to a team, the only time to take 2 points is to lead by 14 plus, I knew we wouldnt win at that point.

2. I cant believe Nelson got that loose ball when there was 6 Raiders around it
Crusader
Brett Mullins

Post by Crusader »

Mickey_Raider wrote: August 13, 2023, 8:02 pm
rednut raider wrote: August 13, 2023, 7:42 pm Next week will be the true test of where we are. Will the players drop their bundle or will we come back hard. Jack wighton cannot leave soon enough. I am so glad we didn’t spend 1.1 million on the crap he continues to provide week in week out. I think we have overachieved this year for a side whose main man has effectively told the side cya later I’m going to win a premiership elsewhere as don’t believe in you guys. Door can’t hit him hard enough on the way out
Why would a home game against a spoon contender be the true test of where we are?

I would have thought that a game against the 4th placed storm would show us where we are, as we were apparently 5th.

As it turns out, it showed us exactly where we are. Nowhere.

We will learn nothing from next weekend.

It will mostly likely be similar to the Tigers game. An Ugly and unconvincing win to spur the delusion for another week.
im not confident of a win at all
radicalraider
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by radicalraider »

Vlandys ball is the worst thing to happen to our club.. ever! An attacking style of RL under an attackless coach.
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

radicalraider wrote: August 13, 2023, 8:10 pm Vlandys ball is the worst thing to happen to our club.. ever! An attacking style of RL under an attackless coach.
Coach has had 3 years to adapt and is unwilling or incapable.

Fire him from a cannon.
radicalraider
John Ferguson

Post by radicalraider »

Rickmando wrote: August 13, 2023, 8:14 pm
radicalraider wrote: August 13, 2023, 8:10 pm Vlandys ball is the worst thing to happen to our club.. ever! An attacking style of RL under an attackless coach.

Fire him from a cannon.
He's been exposed now.. papalii can't carry him to a gf anymore
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Rickmando wrote: August 13, 2023, 8:14 pm

Fire him from a cannon.
Exactly..

Rickhead is years off the pace.
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

Stuart has passed his used by date. His tactics, or lack thereof, are ancient and not reflective of the modern game.

LOL making himself available for NSW SOO coaching. Can’t even coach his own club team to get their act together. Only got his management and his media buddies to perpetrate a myth that he can actually coach.
Yap
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Dave Leave Nothing In The Tank Shillington

Post by Yap »

Hong Kong Raider wrote: August 13, 2023, 8:24 pm Stuart has passed his used by date. His tactics, or lack thereof, are ancient and not reflective of the modern game.
It just does my head in how he escapes scrutiny

Loved him as a player, but geez he has outlived his time here as a coach......
Mercury
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Mercury »

Well I just cancelled my rolling membership. I cannot and will not spend a lot of money (to me) to see the same old crap every week.

This game today - is this the team saying they've had it with Stick without explicitly saying it to the board?

They'd given up pretty much as soon as they'd stepped on the field.
radicalraider
John Ferguson

Post by radicalraider »

Could there have been player unrest with the dropping of croker and the sudden retirement announcement..
GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

What I'd give for a player revolt that results in Ricky being sacked right now...
Letting him lose on our next crop of youngsters is sports club sabotage...
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

mick63 wrote:
Seiffert82 wrote: August 13, 2023, 4:48 pm
-TW- wrote:If we're serious Wighton won't play for us again.

Except we're not and he'll be the first one named on Tuesday

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Certainly not at 6.

Quite bizarrely, Wighton was allowed to play on both sides of the field much more than he ever has. Sitting behind the dead ball line gave me a perfect view of the carnage.

He can't pass to his right and he can't organise his side of the field with any depth.

His one play is a cutout pass to Hopoate, who is almost invariably 2 metres in front of Jack and 4 metres in front of the centre. Strange was barely in the picture.

As always, it's either a forward pass or a rocket into the grandstand.

On the other hand, Strange looked to create something with his very limited opportunities.

It know the forum will be melting down and I've seen some comments about Trevilyan too, but both of those young guys looked good to me.

I also don't blame Young for what he did in attack. He's being completely let down out there. Zero structure.

Anyway, that's the fifth time I've seen us capitulate like that this season. All based on the same formula.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk
Mate I feel your pain.

I was in the away supporters corner and I could see just how easily our attack was read by the storm.Every ‘decoy’was let slip through and the bloke getting the ball was crunched.
Every
Single
Time
More than half the problem is the previous play which should ideally drain the defence from the direction of the ‘sweep’ play was 100% ineffective.

Yet the Storm were models of setting up the sweep with a sharp hit up and quick play the ball.

In defence we were 2 men in 80% of the time and the Storm player would inevitably wriggle up and and while one or even both were on the ground play the ball.
Contrast that to them always getting 3 in and lying the **** all over us.

People saying we’re unfit,comparibly.

Ricky had them out warming up 10minutes before and five minutes after.
Now it wasn’t a hot day and they were in the shade but you tell me they weren’t ‘leggy’ after 25 minutes.

**** me that was a tough watch
Yeah our lead up plays to the sweep were totally ineffective. The Storm did very well in slowing down the ruck, but you're right about our own defence. We had way too many defenders drop off the tackle and while the Storm players were able to get the quick PTB. That's where they killed us. All over the park.

We threw away possessions in good field position and could barely field a kick, gifting them good field position.

It was carnage by the end.

Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

Stuart and the players should refund the costs of all the fans buying tickets and travelling to Melbourne to watch that rubbish that was dished up. Completely unacceptable performance.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

-PJ- wrote: August 13, 2023, 5:16 pm
Where can I catch it GE ?
I have now put it up on Through green eyes - As I saw it, as usual. Also above in the post match coverage post: https://thegh.com.au/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 6#p1949536
NoMan
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Boogz

Post by NoMan »

GreenMachine wrote: August 13, 2023, 9:53 pm What I'd give for a player revolt that results in Ricky being sacked right now...
Letting him lose on our next crop of youngsters is sports club sabotage...
They would sack the players first.
Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Post by Lui_Bon »

mick63 wrote: August 13, 2023, 5:52 pm

Certainly not at 6.

Quite bizarrely, Wighton was allowed to play on both sides of the field much more than he ever has. Sitting behind the dead ball line gave me a perfect view of the carnage.

He can't pass to his right and he can't organise his side of the field with any depth.

His one play is a cutout pass to Hopoate, who is almost invariably 2 metres in front of Jack and 4 metres in front of the centre. Strange was barely in the picture.

On the other hand, Strange looked to create something with his very limited opportunities.

It know the forum will be melting down and I've seen some comments about Trevilyan too, but both of those young guys looked good to me.

I also don't blame Young for what he did in attack. He's being completely let down out there. Zero structure.

Anyway, that's the fifth time I've seen us capitulate like that this season. All based on the same formula.

Mate I feel your pain.

I was in the away supporters corner and I could see just how easily our attack was read by the storm.Every ‘decoy’was let slip through and the bloke getting the ball was crunched.
Every
Single
Time
More than half the problem is the previous play which should ideally drain the defence from the direction of the ‘sweep’ play was 100% ineffective.

Yet the Storm were models of setting up the sweep with a sharp hit up and quick play the ball.

In defence we were 2 men in 80% of the time and the Storm player would inevitably wriggle up and and while one or even both were on the ground play the ball.

Now it wasn’t a hot day and they were in the shade but you tell me they weren’t ‘leggy’ after 25 minutes.

Hey we were in the stand way up from your right hand side and I’d say that for at least thirty minutes the Raiders fans should be proud of their own effort- theirs, not the team’s. The chants were excellent and loud.
The ground announcer was a graceless tool.
Please can Jack go away now.
Couldn’t really spot Strange doing anything good but at that height it was hard to tell Ethan from Hudson.
And yep, we have no attacking plans at all…
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Lol at taking the 2 being a point of discussion when you get 50 put on you by an out of form team afterwards.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
Lamenting Actions
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: Grace Kemp

Post by Lamenting Actions »

Lui_Bon wrote: August 13, 2023, 10:45 pm

Certainly not at 6.

Mate I feel your pain.

Every
Single
Time

Hey we were in the stand way up from your right hand side and I’d say that for at least thirty minutes the Raiders fans should be proud of their own effort- theirs, not the team’s. The chants were excellent and loud.
Couldn’t really spot Strange doing anything good but at that height it was hard to tell Ethan from Hudson.
This and that ****ing cowbell are two big reasons why I hate the place. Hubris also has a smell, and that place stinks of it.
-PJ- wrote: April 14, 2024, 9:07 pm I thought it went really good, now let’s go get some soft serve.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Lamenting Actions wrote: August 13, 2023, 10:55 pm
Lui_Bon wrote: August 13, 2023, 10:45 pm

Certainly not at 6.

Mate I feel your pain.

Every
Single
Time

This and that ****ing cowbell are two big reasons why I hate the place. Hubris also has a smell, and that place stinks of it.
The Storm supporters are downright awful.
InFernos_Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske

Post by InFernos_Raiders »

I knew they were going to get smashed by 40. The Raiders won’t make the top 8.
They are a mess in defence and have nothing at all in attack.
They are a very predictable side.
Wighton should go to center then put Strange in the halves.
Fogs j kicking has gone awol.
At this time of the year they should be feeling hungry sitting in 5th but not anymore.
Today was a major dose of reality especially for Stuart who keeps doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result.
We are a poorly coached side.
Remember M Maquire is our defence coach.
raider83
Ken Nagas

Post by raider83 »

Terrible performance from the raiders.

Ricky needs to take a good look in the mirror.....absolutely got out coached by old "mate" bellyache.

When the game was still 10-2 Bellamy brings on Harry G and big Nelson to attack the game. Ricky brings on Pasami saulo to minimize the damage/ grind our way back into the game. Thats where the game was won and lost.

I still cannot believe after 10 years Ricky thinks Wightons best position to serve the team is at 5/8th and not Centre. His pass selection today and previous years has mostly been c grade level.

Rickys inability to adapt to grind ball,telling everyone in March he is one of the very few coaches to not take trials serious at all and to call the team "brawlers" tells me exactly where the club is.

A few other things:

i like Rapana but a Fullback at 34 Years old he is not. Cant believe next year he is 35 and we are still relying on him.
Hopoate Just no pace
Foggarty needs to find Form ASAP
Hudson terrible today....almost threw a slipper at the tv when he kicked it on 3rd tackle.
papali looks a little unfit to me....
Strange.....not afraid of the physical stuff nad broke a tackle to put hudson away late......hopefully is there next week....

So many handicaps in this team its amazing we are sixth. i need a lay down.
Off
Laurie Daley

Re: Canberra Raiders legend Jarrod Croker announces retirement

Post by Off »

Saw a few Happy clappers hanging around getting autographs and chanting Raiders...Raiders!! after the buzzer yesterday.

Sent from my SM-A536E using Tapatalk

This place is woke.
Kryptonite
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Terry Reagan

Post by Kryptonite »

raider83 wrote:Terrible performance from the raiders.

Ricky needs to take a good look in the mirror.....absolutely got out coached by old "mate" bellyache.

When the game was still 10-2 Bellamy brings on Harry G and big Nelson to attack the game. Ricky brings on Pasami saulo to minimize the damage/ grind our way back into the game. Thats where the game was won and lost.

I still cannot believe after 10 years Ricky thinks Wightons best position to serve the team is at 5/8th and not Centre. His pass selection today and previous years has mostly been c grade level.

Rickys inability to adapt to grind ball,telling everyone in March he is one of the very few coaches to not take trials serious at all and to call the team "brawlers" tells me exactly where the club is.

A few other things:

i like Rapana but a Fullback at 34 Years old he is not. Cant believe next year he is 35 and we are still relying on him.
Hopoate Just no pace
Foggarty needs to find Form ASAP
Hudson terrible today....almost threw a slipper at the tv when he kicked it on 3rd tackle.
papali looks a little unfit to me....
Strange.....not afraid of the physical stuff nad broke a tackle to put hudson away late......hopefully is there next week....

So many handicaps in this team its amazing we are sixth. i need a lay down.
The only positive out of todays debacle is that Strange’s confident wasn’t shot after some poor defensive reads and he made that tackle bust late in the game, Oh, and the missed conversion on full time to keep the score uber 50Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Re: Canberra Raiders legend Jarrod Croker announces retirement

Post by -PJ- »

Question wrote: August 14, 2023, 4:05 am Saw a few Happy clappers hanging around getting autographs and chanting Raiders...Raiders!! after the buzzer yesterday.

Sent from my SM-A536E using Tapatalk
As long as Jack was happy after the game Q.

3 more games in the Raiders jersey and he’s off to win a premiership.

Happy, Happy, Happy !!!!