Rick wrote: June 2, 2023, 10:43 pm Weak gutted dog muppets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:roflmao :roflmao
Anyone but Panferz
woppadingo
Brett Mullins

Re: 2023 Rd 14 v Tigers: Game Day

Post by woppadingo »

THINGS ARE GOOD...BUT THEY COULD BE BETTER!
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Yeah Rocky is really losing it. That was embarrassing
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

julian87 wrote: June 2, 2023, 10:38 pm
Botman wrote: June 2, 2023, 10:31 pm
julian87 wrote: June 2, 2023, 10:24 pm
They weren’t only better for 8 minutes though. There weren’t 7 line breaks in 8 minutes. Canberra scored 3 tries off kicks. One a great play from Fogarty. 2 were very much flip of the coin lucky instances. Canberra’s attack in their half was an absolute travesty to any rugby league purist tuning in. It was the most Bradbury of wins I’ve ever seen.

And pretty much all of it is due to abhorrent coaching and selections.
What did they do with those opportunities?
Nothing. We held out. Repelled them. They didnt score a point outside having a 1 man advantage. Yes they played the more attractive football and people who read my posts will know thats my preference of style... but today, they didnt finish. They didnt execute. And part of that is on them and other part on our defence rallying to the ball and finding ways to stop em.

They didnt score a point 13 on 13. They got a pen/set restart advantage of +10
and scored 3 tries and only against 12 men. They deserved to win this game? NNNNNNNNNNNNoo **** that. Im not going to bend the knee to that **** mediorcity
This is one of the worst defensive teams in the comp and you got it all your way and could only muster 18 points? **** outta here.
A bit of context. Their halves are Brooks and Wakeham. They’ve won 2 games in 11 months. Yet they pure footy wise outplayed Canberra. We can argue the 13 v 12 but to say that allows 19 unanswered points in 5 minutes is absurd. We won’t agree here.

I am as biased as they come. In several group chats was mourning the 8-0 six agains. That was ridiculous. But we can’t score points. The attack is insipid. And you can acknowledge that despite winning IMO.
Humbly accept to agree to disagree on this on.
RackyRaces
Noa Nadruku
Favourite Player: Meninga

Post by RackyRaces »

Azza wrote: June 2, 2023, 10:48 pm Yeah Rocky is really losing it. That was embarrassing
All part of the show. More pages of reports to be written this coming week that'll ultimately promote Jared's 300th.
Anyone but Panferz
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Azza wrote: June 2, 2023, 10:48 pm Yeah Rocky is really losing it. That was embarrassing
Really uncomfortable to watch. I think he needs help
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Azza wrote:Yeah Rocky is really losing it. That was embarrassing
Really shoving it in everyone's faces type performance that one

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Billy Walker wrote: June 2, 2023, 10:50 pm
Him and craid the crapulent, his daddy in law. What a Fairweather pathetic supporter. 😂
Last edited by Azza on June 2, 2023, 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Old School Green
Dean Lance

Post by Old School Green »

Ricky is Ricky. Builds the hype for this week; he’s not wrong about most of the stuff he carries on with it’s just the fact he is quite uncouth about it and calls people muppets, weak gutted dogs and makes funny ummm type noises.
His hyperbole and carry-on is as good for the theatre of league as Bennett’s grumpiness; Bellamy’s blow-ups etc.
Next week will be special for toots and the club so let’s hope the boys are more broncos game than manly game 🙏
87, 89, 90, 91, 94, 19
I was there. Go the Milk !!
denissnowy
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Papa

Post by denissnowy »

mikeraider wrote: June 2, 2023, 10:40 pm I believe we all of them, then after going one man down with Woolford brain stap, and Raps push in the back,
lost all momentum then with extended defensive efforts took our energy away, and refreree getting behind the tigers. Still we had hold our cool which we did, a little frantic though so saying that, teams have to win these tough games, Ricky would say we were loosing games like that, (no excuse), but we did have x2 finger dislocations, 12 men, players out of position. So I am very happy with the win, against all the diversity.
We played against an old, old wooden ship?

I'm Ron Burgundy?
denissnowy
Peter Jackson

Post by denissnowy »

What a bludger of a game. Bank the 2 points and move on.

Wipe the negative F/A in its entirety next week #croker300
Last edited by denissnowy on June 2, 2023, 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Old School Green wrote: June 2, 2023, 10:58 pm Ricky is Ricky. Builds the hype for this week; he’s not wrong about most of the stuff he carries on with it’s just the fact he is quite uncouth about it and calls people muppets, weak gutted dogs and makes funny ummm type noises.
His hyperbole and carry-on is as good for the theatre of league as Bennett’s grumpiness; Bellamy’s blow-ups etc.
Next week will be special for toots and the club so let’s hope the boys are more broncos game than manly game 🙏
I just hope if we lose next week the same jurno has the stones to ask him why he changed a winning team.
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Mickey_Raider »

Something to think about for those who dislike what they heard from Ricky tonight:

This is all a part of Ricky’s brand equity which builds the brand equity of the Raiders.

Whether you like it or not, the weak gutted dog thing, the brawlers thing, the Ricky stacking on a blue in the presser thing…

Coupled with his gravitas in the Sydney media and general rugby league commentariat and community, Ricky’s Raiders have a higher profile than Furners Raiders, or Elliot’s Raiders ever did.

The media absolutely salivate when they know they are about to get a Cranky Ricky performance. It is all in the brand.

Something to think about.
Up The Milk
Green Taipan
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Big Mal

Post by Green Taipan »

Embarrassing from Stuart. We were very lucky to win and Stuart's team selection didn't help. Savage has to be back in the team and HSS is still not up to NRL standard.
It's a simple game; tackle, back-up, pass, hold the ball! What did I say? "Hold the bloody ball!!"
Gold member 2023
Green Taipan
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Big Mal

Post by Green Taipan »

Embarrassing from Stuart. We were very lucky to win and Stuart's team selection didn't help. Savage has to be back in the team and HSS is still not up to NRL standard.
It's a simple game; tackle, back-up, pass, hold the ball! What did I say? "Hold the bloody ball!!"
Gold member 2023
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Azza wrote: June 2, 2023, 10:56 pm
Him and craid the crapulent, his daddy in law. What a Fairweather pathetic supporter. 😂
I think his name is actually Craig, he just can’t spell particularly well or control cap locks.
Riaan
John Ferguson

Post by Riaan »

Hahaha. Oh the irony.
Old School Green
Dean Lance

Post by Old School Green »

Billy Walker wrote: June 2, 2023, 11:01 pm
Old School Green wrote: June 2, 2023, 10:58 pm Ricky is Ricky. Builds the hype for this week; he’s not wrong about most of the stuff he carries on with it’s just the fact he is quite uncouth about it and calls people muppets, weak gutted dogs and makes funny ummm type noises.
I just hope if we lose next week the same jurno has the stones to ask him why he changed a winning team.
Haha. A good journo at a sticky presser lobs the question then just listens. Stick does the weird/awkward/passionate/ uncomfortable rest.
87, 89, 90, 91, 94, 19
I was there. Go the Milk !!
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Riaan wrote: June 2, 2023, 11:04 pm
Hahaha. Oh the irony.
Hey it’s ol crazy take Riaan - the guy who said Fifita wasn’t worth $750k. Would you like to buy a watch I’m selling?
rayden83
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by rayden83 »

Mickey_Raider wrote: June 2, 2023, 11:03 pm Something to think about for those who dislike what they heard from Ricky tonight:

This is all a part of Ricky’s brand equity which builds the brand equity of the Raiders.

Whether you like it or not, the weak gutted dog thing, the brawlers thing, the Ricky stacking on a blue in the presser thing…

Coupled with his gravitas in the Sydney media and general rugby league commentariat and community, Ricky’s Raiders have a higher profile than Furners Raiders, or Elliot’s Raiders ever did.

The media absolutely salivate when they know they are about to get a Cranky Ricky performance. It is all in the brand.

Something to think about.
What has Ricky ranting and embarrassing himself and the Raiders and carrying on like a damned fool got to do with brand equity?

The only that affects brand equity is winning and losing. Ricky being unable to contain his emotions during pressers isn’t part of some grandmaster plan to raise the profile of Raiders to bring them closer to a Premiership and global domination. It’s just a byproduct of his personality, there is no commercial or strategic intent behind it.

“Hey Ricky, our investors demand you carry on like an idiot during the press so they can cash in on surging profits!”
nachopants
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by nachopants »

Hahaha. Oh the irony.
Ahaha, hook line and sinker.

Gotta love you Sticky.

Keep playing the muppets my man.
nachopants
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

2023 Rd 14 v Tigers: Game Day

Post by nachopants »

No field position, no possession, 46 missed tackles, 30% less running metres, every ruck reset against us, down to 12 at the end, away from home, off a team that scored 60+ and a pretty emotional return for Bateman.

Our guys defended all of that, and the team still finds a way to win.

Queensland just did it everyone calls it a miracle.

If it's us, our own supporters call us garbage. This place sometimes, honestly.
rayden83
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Rapana

2023 Rd 14 v Tigers: Game Day

Post by rayden83 »

We were good for 70 minutes. We were awful for 10. Footy is an 80 minute game. If it was for 70 Ricky would be one of the greatest coaches in NRL history.

Will take the win, and two points, but teams that are organised, focussed and disciplined don’t concede 19 points in 5 minutes. I cant remember the last game we won decisively.
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

The crazy thing is Fogarty makes the field goal, no one questions the infringement, or even if they do they play advantage. Then we might lose in golden point.

Good thing he missed.

Wonder what those muppets who said we needed more field goal practice are saying now?
Bay53
Steve Walters

Re: 2023 Rd 14 v Tigers: Gam

Post by Bay53 »

rayden83 wrote: June 2, 2023, 11:24 pm
nachopants wrote: June 2, 2023, 11:17 pm No field position, no possession, 46 missed tackles, 30% less running metres, every ruck reset against us, down to 12 at the end, away from home, off a team that scored 60+ and a pretty emotional return for Bateman.

If it's us, our own supporters call us garbage. This place is such a cesspit.
We were good for 70 minutes. We were awful for 10. Footy is an 80 minute game. If it was for 70 Ricky would be one of the greatest coaches in NRL history.

Will take the win, and two points, but teams that are organised, focussed and disciplined don’t concede 19 points in 5 minutes. I cant remember the last game we won decisively.
Last time we played the Tigers.
denissnowy
Peter Jackson

Re: 2023 Rd 14 v Tigers: Gam

Post by denissnowy »

rayden83 wrote: June 2, 2023, 11:24 pm
nachopants wrote: June 2, 2023, 11:17 pm No field position, no possession, 46 missed tackles, 30% less running metres, every ruck reset against us, down to 12 at the end, away from home, off a team that scored 60+ and a pretty emotional return for Bateman.

If it's us, our own supporters call us garbage. This place is such a cesspit.

Final round last year. Put 50 on the tigpies. 42 - 0 at half time
Finchy
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

Didn't we win a game in similar fashion against the Tigers many moons ago with a Schifcofske penalty goal on fulltime?

From memory it was for a strip where the second tackler had fallen off, but back then it was deemed a two man tackle regardless and penalised.
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Post by Lui_Bon »

nachopants wrote: June 2, 2023, 11:14 pm
Hahaha. Oh the irony.
Ahaha, hook line and sinker.

Gotta love you Sticky.

Keep playing the muppets my man.
I AM THE ELDEST BOY!
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Gee that was a petulant display from our ‘leader’ in the press conference.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
Crusader
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Crusader »

I thought it was a great defensive effort, bar that 10mins, we got the win, move on.

Im suprised at rickys blow up, but whats the big deal, he rested him, as if no one saw this comming, I called it since the trials, Jarrod Croker...the highest point scorer in Raiders history will play what 1 other player has done, and thats play his 300th at Canberra, this is a huge event.
Shiv
Peter Jackson

Post by Shiv »

Yeah that was odd how fired up he got. He must have copped a lot of flak over it.
I am onboard with Jarod playing his 300th in Canberra. The club (and Jarrod for that matter) will get a lot more millage out of it then if we had lost against the Tigers (as in the 300th at GIO is worth more than 2 competition points).

We won (oddly, confusingly and bewilderingly) so its a mute point.
Additionally, good on him for calling it out early - so he didn't have a bunch of fans going to Campbelltown thinking it would be Jarrod's 300.

Still, it was a weird, weird game.

Any updates on Kris's injury?
Bulldog
Gary Coyne

Post by Bulldog »

The Raiders deserved the win. They were up against it. The Tigers played well for the most part and they were helped by the referee giving them a leg up. Many of his calls against the Raiders were questionable. There's a lot of hate here against HSS and Cotric. I thought they both played okay. Cotric had some good tackles and HSS showed some good line speed.

Fogerty had the best game so far for the Raiders. I don't agree that the tries from his kicks were blind luck. He knew exactly where his kicks were going to go.

Yeah, I know it's like a broken record but Wighton's passes and kicks (except for a couple) were awful. He really put the player receiving the ball under immense pressure when we were attacking their line. You could see the look on their faces - they were very unhappy with Jack. He did make a couple of powerful tackles though - but it didn't square the ledger.

Rapana. What can I say? I'm glad he signed up for another year.

Our forwards were great. Papali'i was powerful and Tapine handled the captaincy very well. It was a good but tough win. But I think we missed Croker more than some might admit.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Shiv wrote:Yeah that was odd how fired up he got. He must have copped a lot of flak over it.
I am onboard with Jarod playing his 300th in Canberra. The club (and Jarrod for that matter) will get a lot more millage out of it then if we had lost against the Tigers (as in the 300th at GIO is worth more than 2 competition points).

We won (oddly, confusingly and bewilderingly) so its a mute point.
Additionally, good on him for calling it out early - so he didn't have a bunch of fans going to Campbelltown thinking it would be Jarrod's 300.

Still, it was a weird, weird game.

Any updates on Kris's injury?
For a bloke that doesn't care what anyone thinks, he sure got fired up about people's opinions

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

BJ wrote:
Rick wrote:Raiders very lucky to come away with the 2 tonight. I think 2 of our try’s could have been overturned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How would you have overturned them?
I actually thought the same thing because I've seen us have tries disallowed in very similar, if not identical situations. For Rapana's try there is an argument for a shepherd on Hudson-Young (I think) and then on Fogarty's second I think it was Emre shoved one of the Tigers players in the back when he was charging through. Not saying the tries should have been disallowed but I've seen it in the past.

I thought the turning point was when Tomoko passed it back and it was clearly knocked on by a Tigers player. But play on, and Tigers just built pressure from there.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Away at a wedding glamping this weekend, but it feels good to get a win out of the cesspit!
Bring on Croker 300 at Bruce next week!