Thanks GE

Suggestions or questions relating to The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

T_R
Don Furner

Thanks GE

Post by T_R »

As we bow out for 2022, I just wanted to post a quick thanks to Greeneyed for another year of keeping The Greenhouse up and running.

Across this forum, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest (rumours of Tik Tok, too, for that matter) this is unquestionably one of the great rugby league sites ... and that hasn't happened by accident. While I know this is a labour of love for GE, it's no less a labour for it.

We all love to whinge and complain about the place, but the fact is that it's a great community of wonderful people brought together by their mutual love of the Raiders. It quite simply wouldn't be here but for GE's efforts, and that's no small thing.

So, while there will be plenty happening here in the off-season, it's nonetheless a good time to post thanks to GE for all he does here - its very much appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
mick63
David Grant
Favourite Player: chicka,lazzo,logan,rapana

Re: Thanks GE

Post by mick63 »

Thanks GE.

God knows the man hours that go into keeping this place,and others,at the cutting edge of all things Canberra Raiders.
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

I would also like to express my thanks. It's been a roller coaster season - from losing our halfback and promising back before the season started and our hooker in the first 3 mins, the abyss of five straight losses and 15th position, to some stirring performances by beating Cronulla, Souths and Roosters mid year, Ricky's contract extension and weak gutted dog attack dividing fans, to winning our last 7 out of 8 games, then beating Storm in Wk 1, it's been a hell of a ride.

But what's consistent is GE's unfailing commitment to serve the Raiders' community through this site. We are all extremely grateful for this.
Old School Green
Dean Lance

Post by Old School Green »

Thanks GE.
Huge effort once again. Thanks for another year bleeding green
87, 89, 90, 91, 94, 19
I was there. Go the Milk !!
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Thanks GE and anyone else responsible for keeping this place running

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Yeah good on you GE - appreciate all your efforts and the huge amount of time you invest into this forum. I think there are good times ahead for the raiders!
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Thanks from me as well GE.

You’re doin a bang up job.

As Yoda would say..dedicated you are !!!
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

GE for assistant coach.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Thanks GE. It's quite the job. Champion.
Boomercm
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Joe Picker

Post by Boomercm »

agreed. nice post
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Thanks all! And thanks to all the other Admin for their efforts too!

Just settled back in at home. About to watch the TV coverage... is it too much to hope it gets better on second viewing?

One other thing about last night. I was worried there'd be no internet. Free, lightning fast WiFi and never strained by a 30,000 crowd. Thanks to anyone who jumped in with extra commentary last night.
irvste
Sam Backo
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by irvste »

Thanks ge great job as always

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

greeneyed wrote: September 17, 2022, 1:59 pm Thanks all! And thanks to all the other Admin for their efforts too!

Just settled back in at home. About to watch the TV coverage... is it too much to hope it gets better on second viewing?

One other thing about last night. I was worried there'd be no internet. Free, lightning fast WiFi and never strained by a 30,000 crowd. Thanks to anyone who jumped in with extra commentary last night.
I don’t know if it gets better, but for me there is a difference between a side that gets outplayed and a side that doesn’t have a go. We were comprehensively outplayed last night and credit to Parra for that. We didn’t lose from lack of effort though. No doubt plenty of moments various players would like to have over but overall we had a good dig and were just beaten by the better team on the night. So no it doesn’t get better, but the boys had a good dig.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Thanks to GE and all the admin team.
Raiders fans would find it more difficult to obtain Raiders info without this site. Well Done!
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

The great man let us sit with him last night, he spent the entire game updating on the GH, mate your dedication is second to none

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
Raider_Boy
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Pappa

Post by Raider_Boy »

Really appreciate your efforts over all these years. Thank you for supplying content to fill those long workdays. Leg end!
Member #6381
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

My love for the general is beyond words, the scent of a Ge.

Sent from my SM-A536E using Tapatalk

This place is woke.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Thanks for all the effort you put in GE.
Supporting the raiders and NRL in general is much more interesting and entertaining because of you.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Thanks very much GE!

Big thanks to you from my wife as well. This forum gives me people to argu… I mean engage with instead of annoying her
Pilz
David Grant
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Pilz »

Yes, indeed.

Thanks very much.
deanoman
Brett Mullins

Post by deanoman »

tips hat*

Cheers mate
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

Thanks GE and all the other admins. Your work is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Smudge
Sam Backo
Favourite Player: Smithies!

Post by Smudge »

Nice work....keep on keepin' on! Top job!
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Thanks Ferg, we love you, big guy!

Now you and the cats enjoy your off season... you've earned it!
Shiv
Peter Jackson

Post by Shiv »

Yeah - my thanks as well. I am a long time member, few occasion poster, but full credit to how the whole shebang works. It really is a very well run forum - and I know that doesn't happen by accident.
nachopants
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by nachopants »

Absolutely love you GE, and love your work, thanks for building this family mate.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

You're a total champion, GE. Thank you for your GH dedication and years of friendship.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Chickas shoe
John Ferguson

Post by Chickas shoe »

Cheers