18%

Total votes: 17

Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Re: 2022 Rd 23 V Knights: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by Raiders666 »

zim wrote: August 18, 2022, 12:22 pm
Raiders666 wrote: August 18, 2022, 11:58 am :thumbsup I'm just happy the boys keep winning
Come on mate. Just pretend for a bit the coach has never watched a game at home before for the lols.
:lol:
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Post by Woodgers »

Botman wrote: August 18, 2022, 8:21 am
Finchy wrote: August 18, 2022, 6:55 am It’s deeply concerning that a 20 year first grade coach only comes up with new attacking strategies and ideas while watching the game from his couch like a bum, and couldn’t come up with any attacking improvements when reviewing thousands of games and running training and review sessions week to week.
He's very keen to tell us that fans don't see the game the way he does. We couldn't possibly know or understand the intricacies of this very complicated game... but apparently seeing the game just like the rest of us beer bums was a mind altering experience. :lol:
Yeah he had an epiphany while being a couch potato. I wonder if he caught the start of the news as well and has secretly sworn himself in as attacking coach in case Crawley goes down with Covid and can't perform his duties.
We continue to **** about with blokes that are part of some fraternity. It's infuriating.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

How a mental health break delivered Canberra Raiders back Sebastian Kris his second chance

Canberra centre Sebastian Kris said stepping away from the game to treat his mental health “like an injury” is what enabled him to grow as a player and find his form for the men in green.

“I think I was losing myself and that’s when I decided to take a step back to focus on my mental health," Kris said. “My relationships off the field were impeding my footy and I wasn’t able to separate my personal and work life and I was struggling. So I left the game and began working as a courier driver."

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/08/18/how ... nd-chance/
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

For all the weird puff pieces that come out of raiders media, it is nice to read the odd great story. Impressive stuff from Kris and Jack. Nice to read!
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

Raiders666 wrote: August 18, 2022, 11:51 am I find it hilarious that most here tipped us to finish 8th -16th at the start of the season and then act all surprised and angry when we play accordingly :lol:
Yep we've finished almost right where we should: no higher, no lower
benda
Brett Mullins

Post by benda »

Canberra Milk wrote: August 18, 2022, 1:33 pm
Raiders666 wrote: August 18, 2022, 11:51 am I find it hilarious that most here tipped us to finish 8th -16th at the start of the season and then act all surprised and angry when we play accordingly :lol:
Against St George we did 7 hit ups on their try line in one set. I simply cannot understand how in any right mind that happened. We have a board, coaching staff and profresssional players who live and breath footy and we do 7 hit ups in one set? What is going onnnnnnn??

The fact any scenario could mean we can still hit the top 8 with attack that is so just do sad and bad is a cause of frustration.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

greeneyed wrote:How a mental health break delivered Canberra Raiders back Sebastian Kris his second chance

Canberra centre Sebastian Kris said stepping away from the game to treat his mental health “like an injury” is what enabled him to grow as a player and find his form for the men in green.

“I think I was losing myself and that’s when I decided to take a step back to focus on my mental health," Kris said. “My relationships off the field were impeding my footy and I wasn’t able to separate my personal and work life and I was struggling. So I left the game and began working as a courier driver."

In a tough year, the form of Kris, Tapine and Young have been real highlights of the season for me.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

greeneyed wrote:How a mental health break delivered Canberra Raiders back Sebastian Kris his second chance

This is awesome. Credit to Kris for making that call and also talking about it now.

Also awesome from Jack to help him through it and to Ricky and the club for not giving up on him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

That was a really nice insight. Great they look after each other and yes, well handled Raiders club.
RichmondRaider
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Jordy Raps

Post by RichmondRaider »

Rick: righto guys some new plays I'm thinking crash play on zero, 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th. Then bomb the corner

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by yeh raiders »

Maybe more players will take a leaf out of Kris's book and realise there are a LOT of helpful options available to get you through difficult times and it doesn't have to cost you your career to take some time off. He has handled himself well and really deserves credit for that, and the way he continues to develop as a player.

And shout out to the club for supporting him through that.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

yeh raiders wrote: August 18, 2022, 5:27 pm Maybe more players will take a leaf out of Kris's book and realise there are a LOT of helpful options available to get you through difficult times and it doesn't have to cost you your career to take some time off. He has handled himself well and really deserves credit for that, and the way he continues to develop as a player.

And shout out to the club for supporting him through that.
Yeah it’s a really good story and in the wake of Paul Green’s passing, a story I think should be amplified.

This is a young man who stepped away from the game because he was not healthy. He took the time to look after himself and with support of his club and teammates is now back on track for a long and successful NRL career
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

benda wrote:
Canberra Milk wrote: August 18, 2022, 1:33 pm
Raiders666 wrote: August 18, 2022, 11:51 am I find it hilarious that most here tipped us to finish 8th -16th at the start of the season and then act all surprised and angry when we play accordingly Image
Against St George we did 7 hit ups on their try line in one set. I simply cannot understand how in any right mind that happened. We have a board, coaching staff and profresssional players who live and breath footy and we do 7 hit ups in one set? What is going onnnnnnn??

The fact any scenario could mean we can still hit the top 8 with attack that is so just do sad and bad is a cause of frustration.
The reason we are still in the hunt for the 8 is that we have a top 5 defense. Imagine if we could match that with some attack.

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Now equal sixth in defence. Seventh for points conceded.
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

With Souths losing tonight, there is the possibility they will lose their remaining matches, against Cowboys and Roosters, meaning we will make the 8 if we win all our matches. A big if.

Another path to the 8 is Roosters losing to Melbourne and Souths in the remaining matches.

Less likely is Brisbane losing all their matches v Melbourne, Parra and St George OR Parra losing all theirs, v Canterbury, Brisbane and Melbourne as there's an easy match in those 3 games. So we should cheer for Canterbury and Melbourne this weekend. Also Wests Tigers v Roosters.

Souths, Roosters and Parra do play to a different level to us, and Brisbane. Especially in attack.
kona_dream
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by kona_dream »

Hong Kong Raider wrote: August 18, 2022, 10:44 pm With Souths losing tonight, there is the possibility they will lose their remaining matches, against Cowboys and Roosters, meaning we will make the 8 if we win all our matches. A big if.

Another path to the 8 is Roosters losing to Melbourne and Souths in the remaining matches.

Less likely is Brisbane losing all their matches v Melbourne, Parra and St George OR Parra losing all theirs, v Canterbury, Brisbane and Melbourne as there's an easy match in those 3 games. So we should cheer for Canterbury and Melbourne this weekend. Also Wests Tigers v Roosters.

Souths, Roosters and Parra do play to a different level to us, and Brisbane. Especially in attack.
I am just really hoping that next week south’s and Roosters both lose. If we can win this week and next, we control our own destiny again.

But my goodness that game was nothing like the level we have played at nor do I think we could.
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

Hong Kong Raider wrote:With Souths losing tonight, there is the possibility they will lose their remaining matches, against Cowboys and Roosters, meaning we will make the 8 if we win all our matches. A big if.
Careful Hong Kong Raider, i made that mere suggestion last week and the usual suspects all crawled out from under their rocks to mock me by telling me how dumb i sounded, and that souths couldn't possibly lose their remaining games

Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker

Raider Azz wrote: August 18, 2022, 11:10 pm
Hong Kong Raider wrote:With Souths losing tonight, there is the possibility they will lose their remaining matches, against Cowboys and Roosters, meaning we will make the 8 if we win all our matches. A big if.
Careful Hong Kong Raider, i made that mere suggestion last week and the usual suspects all crawled out from under their rocks to mock me by telling me how dumb i sounded, and that souths couldn't possibly lose their remaining games

Souths would be favourites in both remaining matches, as they were favourites tonight, but I can see the Cowboys and the Roosters with no injuries and firing beating them. And I can see Melbourne beating the Roosters next week (as they usually do) meaning if the Cowboys beat Souths next week, we make the 8 if we can beat Wests in Leichhardt
InFernos_Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by InFernos_Raiders »

Woodgers wrote: August 18, 2022, 12:46 pm
Botman wrote: August 18, 2022, 8:21 am
Finchy wrote: August 18, 2022, 6:55 am It’s deeply concerning that a 20 year first grade coach only comes up with new attacking strategies and ideas while watching the game from his couch like a bum, and couldn’t come up with any attacking improvements when reviewing thousands of games and running training and review sessions week to week.
He's very keen to tell us that fans don't see the game the way he does. We couldn't possibly know or understand the intricacies of this very complicated game... but apparently seeing the game just like the rest of us beer bums was a mind altering experience. :lol:
Yeah he had an epiphany while being a couch potato. I wonder if he caught the start of the news as well and has secretly sworn himself in as attacking coach in case Crawley goes down with Covid and can't perform his duties.
It’s never Stuart’s fault.
We won’t make the top 8 we need the Roosters to lose 2 from their last 3 games AND we win all 3.
no chance we blew unless you start the season we’ll catch is not what this club is capable of.
Even with Fogarty returning we still look void of ideas; no direction nothing new.
AND when do we win a few games you’ll notice it’s an individuals last gasp try.
InFernos_Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by InFernos_Raiders »

Hong Kong Raider wrote: August 18, 2022, 11:47 pm

Souths would be favourites in both remaining matches, as they were favourites tonight, but I can see the Cowboys and the Roosters with no injuries and firing beating them. And I can see Melbourne beating the Roosters next week (as they usually do) meaning if the Cowboys beat Souths next week, we make the 8 if we can beat Wests in Leichhardt
I hope so nut that fairyland fairy floss and kids stories. It’ll never happen the top 8 is already set.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Souths favourites against the 2nd and 3rd best teams in the competition after just losing to Penrith without their halves?

Am I missing something? I'm pretty confident Souths will lose those 2 games. Maybe not against NQ who could yet **** the bed. But they're no hope against Easts imo.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker

julian87 wrote: August 19, 2022, 7:24 am

Souths favourites against the 2nd and 3rd best teams in the competition after just losing to Penrith without their halves?

Am I missing something? I'm pretty confident Souths will lose those 2 games. Maybe not against NQ who could yet **** the bed. But they're no hope against Easts imo.
No hope ? Are you a so called expert coming out ? When was the last time Roosters beat Souths ? Can you check for me ? Was it last year when Souths scored 54-12, or in 2020 when they scored 60 in the final round ?
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

My memory might be failing me. But wasn't that Easts without essentially their entire starting pack? And severe season ending injuries having occurred elsewhere and in that game as well? And Souths without Reynolds just aren't the same, despite a few wool pulls recently.

Roosters are just about full strength now. Sitili their main out but Butcher isn't playing any worse. They're rather blatantly the 2nd best team in the competition as it stands imo.

I hope I'm wrong as I hate them. They've got the best back 5 the league has seen in quite some time. It's phenomenal.
President Clinton
Dean Lance
Favourite Player: Clinton Schifcofske

Post by President Clinton »

Ugly loss for Souths last night. Very flashy in attack, but weak defence.

I can't see how they beat a Penrith side this season when Cleary, Jerome and JFH return.

A good start will be to replace Paulo - worst wingers performance sine Semi for us in the last round of 2021. Cost them 20 points I reckon.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

julian87 wrote: August 19, 2022, 7:55 am My memory might be failing me. But wasn't that Easts without essentially their entire starting pack? And severe season ending injuries having occurred elsewhere and in that game as well? And Souths without Reynolds just aren't the same, despite a few wool pulls recently.

Roosters are just about full strength now. Sitili their main out but Butcher isn't playing any worse. They're rather blatantly the 2nd best team in the competition as it stands imo.

I hope I'm wrong as I hate them. They've got the best back 5 the league has seen in quite some time. It's phenomenal.
https://www.nrl.com/draw/nrl-premiershi ... rabbitohs/

It was a busted roosters side vs a full strength souths side. If the roosters maintain their current form they'll be hard to beat. I'm hoping they flub something next round (or melbourne just put on a show) and both teams are on 28 going into that final round.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Christ, do you always have to act so butthurt? If Souths lose all of their remaining matches and we win all ours and make the eight, great - but there's a strong likelihood it won't happen because we'll either cock up - as we usually seem to in key games this last couple of years - or they'll grab one of their two remaining games (contrary to some, I still think they are in pretty good form).
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart glad to be back after coaching ban

Canberra coach Ricky Stuart returned to the public spotlight on Friday for the first time since his week-long suspension, paying tribute to supportive friends and family for getting him through.

“It was a funny feeling, and not a feeling I want to have again,” Stuart said. “I was sitting at home very comfortable with the fact that I trust the coaches, we’ve got good systems in place here.”

Read more: https://canberraweekly.com.au/ricky-stu ... ching-ban/

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14274

Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart praises senior players' efforts in his absence

Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart says his leaders have kept the Green Machine in the finals hunt after the way they took ownership of the team in his absence.

"I trust the coaches, we've got good systems in place here and I've got to compliment the leaders because I believe that they took a little bit more ownership and responsibility last week," Stuart said.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

Ricky Stuart thanks ‘great mates’ in first press conference since NRL suspension: https://7news.com.au/sport/rugby-league ... -c-7935769

O'Brien wants Knights players to 'grow up': https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14274
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

I also think we'll lose one of the remaining, and Souths will win one of theirs... but it leaves the door slightly ajar... if we can be in the hunt until the final round, I'll be happy
Off
Laurie Daley

Re: 2022 Rd 23 V Knights: Game Day

Post by Off »

Imagine having this as a free to air game, how pathetic.

Sent from my SM-A536E using Tapatalk

This place is woke.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Re: 2022 Rd 23 V Knights: Game Day

Post by The Nickman »

Once again I’m glad this is on a Sunday so it doesn’t ruin my **** Saturday at the pub.
irvste
Sam Backo

Post by irvste »

If the storm and raiders win 3 from 3.. That's one loss for broncos, roosters, eels
In run home

Eels play broncos

So one of those teams would drop 2 games

The fact that
Rabbits play cowboys
Roosters play rabbits

May also go our way somehow but damn I hate going for the storm but it would certainly help

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

I wonder, if just for a moment, while Ricky was sitting on his couch, he put himself in the shoes of a rival - and fantasy coached against the Raiders. He has said he will never do it for real, but why not let the imagination run wild in the privacy of the lounge room.

On to the topic of making the 8. We have to keep winning. We need those 2 competition points each week. As we have from Round 1. Our For and Against (F/A) is poor so we will have to finish ahead of a rival on competition points. If we finish level on competition points then the F/A, the not so sweet F/A, will count against us.
irvste
Sam Backo

Post by irvste »

After we score 50 against knights our F/A will be closer to bris and eels

Well.. Except for the 48 we let the knights score

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

I pretty much never bet on Canberra. But had a feeling early week and put a multi on that will now land me 1200 after the first 3 results if we win 13+

The odds are almost not worth hedging but I extra don't know if I can do Sunday now 🤣