Rugby League 2022

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Re: Rugby League 2022

Post by dubby »

Thanks fui. As you have for me.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

Frank loves each and every one of you. He’s a much better person than me, even though he’s not a person.

I suspect the NRL might take mental health a little more seriously now.
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Corey Norman handing out free on field prostate exams.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

reptar wrote: August 13, 2022, 3:05 pm Frank loves each and every one of you. He’s a much better person than me, even though he’s not a person.

I suspect the NRL might take mental health a little more seriously now.
We all love Frank. ❤️
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Peter V'landys announces that the 2022 Grand Final will be held in Sydney. The NRL has made a one year decision only.

Started the press conference by saying that they have decided to hold the Grand Final in a city which needs a major football event... "so we've decided to go with Melbourne".
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

2022 NRL Grand Final to be played at Stadium Australia in Sydney

The Australian Rugby League Commission (ARLC) has confirmed that the 2022 NRL Premiership Grand Final will be held at Sydney’s Stadium Australia.

The ARLC has today confirmed a one-year deal for this year’s Grand Final, with further discussions to take place for matches beyond 2022.

ARLC Chair Peter V’landys AM said it was important to make the right decision for the game and its supporters.

“We’re pleased that we have been able to confirm a one-year deal with the NSW Government for the 2022 Grand Final,” Mr V’landys said.

“The Commission was always keen to ensure a balanced decision which was in the best interests of our fans and other important stakeholders, and we believe we have achieved that. The Commission will always act in the best long term interests of the game.

“I’d like to thank the NSW Government for the additional investment in this year’s Grand Final.

“It’s important to note that all options remain open from 2023.

“I’d also like to thank the Queensland Government, who stood by us through COVID, partnered with us through the relocation of the 2021 Premiership, including the Grand Final, while also being ongoing hosts of NRL Magic Round.”

NRL CEO Andrew Abdo said all parties had worked until 1pm today to secure an outcome for the 2022 Grand Final.

“The NRL will continue negotiating in good faith with the NSW Government.

“Our fans in NSW have missed a lot of football in recent years, we thank them for their patience and loyalty and we are pleased to have the Grand Final in Sydney on sale next week.”

NRL media release
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

greeneyed wrote: August 18, 2022, 1:35 pm Peter V'landys announces that the 2022 Grand Final will be held in Sydney. The NRL has made a one year decision only.

Started the press conference by saying that they have decided to hold the Grand Final in a city which needs a major football event... "so we've decided to go with Melbourne".
Wait... was that first line meant to be a joke?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Rugby Union Australia tabling a $10M 5 year offer to Sua'ali
That's an insult to the Roo$ters $alary cap, they're going to have to do better than that.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Oh RU are doing this thing again?
Maybe it WILL work this time.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Geez they are getting desperate.

Peter V’landys hits back at Wallabies’ plan to lure Joseph Suaalii with $10m deal: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... 36f1a7cd71

That article says in February, New Zealand Rugby signed a $186 million deal with American private equity firm Silver Lake. The Wallabies are looking for something similar so they can sign Swahlee-ee and have a shot at NAS, Teddy, Turbo, Cam Murray etc.

I always find this incentive from RU amusing:

One of Australia’s greatest rugby union fullbacks, Glen Ella, outlined why Suaalii should consider quitting the NRL.

“The thing about rugby is that it’s a global game,” Ella said. “He will travel the world and that’s a big advantage you have over some of the other codes

I bet players can't wait to spend more time away from home so they can spend a few nights in South African cities. Even Argentina has public warnings about going there. And how exciting is going to Dunedin! :woot:

-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Yawnion stinks..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

League have already been concerned enough about RU poaching Sua'lii that they changed the rules. Not that a reactionary rule change is a big deal under V'Landy

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Joseph Suaalii hit with concerning act notice by NRL over running style

Sydney Roosters coach Trent Robinson has spoken of his confidence that Joseph Suaalii will commit his future to the club as it emerged the teenage winger had received a warning from the match review committee over his running style. Suaalii was given a concerning act notice by the MRC after the Roosters win over the Wests Tigers a fortnight ago. The MRC had concerns with an incident in the 27th minute where the 19-year-old was running the ball and was tackled by Nu Brown.

Read more: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... 0891074b5f

Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Mickey_Raider »

dubby wrote: August 30, 2022, 4:43 pm Geez they are getting desperate.

Peter V’landys hits back at Wallabies’ plan to lure Joseph Suaalii with $10m deal: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... 36f1a7cd71

That article says in February, New Zealand Rugby signed a $186 million deal with American private equity firm Silver Lake. The Wallabies are looking for something similar so they can sign Swahlee-ee and have a shot at NAS, Teddy, Turbo, Cam Murray etc.

One of Australia’s greatest rugby union fullbacks, Glen Ella, outlined why Suaalii should consider quitting the NRL.

“The thing about rugby is that it’s a global game,” Ella said. “He will travel the world and that’s a big advantage you have over some of the other codes

I bet players can't wait to spend more time away from home so they can spend a few nights in South African cities. Even Argentina has public warnings about going there. And how exciting is going to Dunedin! :woot:
I mean I agree league **** on union from a great height but…

London. Paris. Dublin. Edinburgh. Tokyo. Buenos Aires. Rome.
Up The Milk
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Mickey_Raider wrote: September 1, 2022, 8:53 pm

London will barely have enough power for a good thought.

Paris has more crime than Mt Druitt. Seriously it's a Cess Pitt.

Edinburgh? Seriously?

Tokyo. Ok. Fair game.

Buenos? Mate, Argentina is almost a 3rd world nation.

I think things seem more romantic then they are.

And these blokes could easily visit any country they want in the off season, meanwhile go home during their season and not have to spend the night in another country away from their family during the season.

RU is a world game? So is hockey. So is chess. So is volleyball. Does not make it better

dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Mickey_Raider wrote: September 1, 2022, 8:53 pm

Honestly mickey, you tell me......play a crap game in another countries and be away from home...or a huge game and go home most nights?

Most Aussies could not name one single wallaby ....even less a waratah Rebel or western force player

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

London, Paris, Dublin, Edinburgh, Rome are all wonderful cities. I lived in Paris for a time, it is a brilliant place to live and visit. Not that that makes any difference to the proposition that rugby union is rubbish.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

greeneyed wrote:London, Paris, Dublin, Edinburgh, Rome are all wonderful cities.
Haha yeah, I just came here to say that myself.

I think our old mate dubois is showing just how shallow his world view is here.

And that’s ok.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

i am merely stating that there is good and bad in every city. I think most players would rather be home in their own beds every night, rather than go to Cape Town or Rotarua to play a crap game.

Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

If I was a cashed up 20 something year old with no family commitments, touring the world would absolutely be my thing. Come my thirties I'd be keener on sleeping in my own bed.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Dr Zaius wrote:If I was a cashed up 20 something year old with no family commitments, touring the world would absolutely be my thing. Come my thirties I'd be keener on sleeping in my own bed.
Says the man who just ran from Alice Springs to Darwin for “fun”
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

The Nickman wrote:
Dr Zaius wrote:If I was a cashed up 20 something year old with no family commitments, touring the world would absolutely be my thing. Come my thirties I'd be keener on sleeping in my own bed.
Why else would you do it?
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Dr Zaius wrote:
The Nickman wrote:
I would’ve died somewhere on that first leg you did
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

Dr Zaius wrote:
The Nickman wrote:
To get out of Alice….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

The Nickman wrote:
Dr Zaius wrote:
The Nickman wrote:
I would’ve died somewhere on that first leg you did
Na the first leg was easy. You'd be fine. The second leg definitely would have got you though.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Dr Zaius wrote:
The Nickman wrote:
Being chased by a rat headed demon that already ate your puppy?
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

gangrenous wrote:
Dr Zaius wrote:
The Nickman wrote:
I guess Image
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Dr Zaius wrote: September 2, 2022, 8:43 pm
gangrenous wrote:
Dr Zaius wrote:
The Nickman wrote:
I guess Image
I was thinking of that time I met Dr Zauis at a South's Logan game on the Sunny Coast.

He pointed out Mick Picker for me

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Were you lurking under the stairs, dubois?
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

The Nickman wrote: September 2, 2022, 9:08 pm Were you lurking under the stairs, dubois?
I'm dub ee ee now.

Actually I was on top of the grandstands. Had a chat with Troy Thompson. Said g'day to Justin Carney.

Then this tall lean studly Dr walked over and said hi. He'd been reading my GH updates.
Anyhow, I offered to buy you and your dazzling blue eyes a beer.

You declined and left me with hanbush, shezza and albi

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

dubby wrote:
The Nickman wrote: September 2, 2022, 9:08 pm Were you lurking under the stairs, dubois?
I'm dub ee ee now.

Actually I was on top of the grandstands. Had a chat with Troy Thompson. Said g'day to Justin Carney.

Then this tall lean studly Dr walked over and said hi. He'd been reading my GH updates.
Anyhow, I offered to buy you and your dazzling blue eyes a beer.

You declined and left me with hanbush, shezza and albi
Mate, I was never at the Sunny Coast… you’re off your head.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Sorry, was referring to Doctor Sleep.
You left me with those degenerates at Robina.

That's harsh Nickman.

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

dubby wrote:Sorry, was referring to Doctor Sleep.
You left me with those degenerates at Robina.

That's harsh Nickman.
Those degenerates are some of the best people I know!

Except Hanbush, he’s… well, he’s just the worst
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

And you forgot Lucy (Worm)!