Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Re: Harry Rushton to head home to England immediately for personal reasons

Post by Seiffert82 »

Roger Kenworthy wrote:
Seiffert82 wrote: August 12, 2022, 9:25 pm
Roger Kenworthy wrote:
Seiffert82 wrote: August 12, 2022, 6:03 pm That's a real shame. He was obviously in the running for an extended stint with the move of Elliott and the (inevitable) reduced role of Whitehead.

The circumstances are pretty vague, so can't read too much into what has been made publicly available.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk
Where do you get this inevitable idea from? Whitehead is durable, the club will continue to bury their heads in the sand for a while yet.
Watching the games.

He's played about 53 minutes the last couple of games. I fully expect the trend to continue.

Stuart loves his veterans but he's not a complete idiot. Next step is to hand over the captaincy.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk
That's 53 minutes each game. It took Stick 19 rounds and an injury to start bringing him down from 80 minutes, let's not confuse him with Einstein quite yet.
I didn't confuse him with anyone. I'm well aware of the Whitehead situation and pointed out he was toast at the end of 2020.

Anyway, 53 minutes is significantly less than 80. That's a fact. I'll be amazed if he's captain next season, or starting games by the end of next season.

Last edited by Seiffert82 on August 13, 2022, 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

That is a real shame. Big skillful mobile forward. Good luck back home young Harry.

I hope the release was part of a swap deal for another player. No mention of it in the press release, but I live in hope.
Timbo
David Furner
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Timbo »

Oh good, another ‘thank god we’ve got him for an extended period’ player leaving.
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Harry was struggling with home sickness. His broken jaw was the last straw.

Hearing noise we're into Murchie ....among others.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

dubby wrote:Harry was struggling with home sickness. His broken jaw was the last straw.

Didn’t take you for a poet Dubs!

You could also say his last straw was being forced to only eat through a straw?
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

dubby wrote:Harry was struggling with home sickness. His broken jaw was the last straw.

Hmmmm. Depth player at best.

Whitehead with 59 minutes today. CNK looked OK, but I don't trust him under sustained pressure.

We definitely need some extra quality in the back row.

dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Seiffert82 wrote: August 14, 2022, 5:05 pm

Whitehead with 59 minutes today. CNK looked OK, but I don't trust him under sustained pressure.

Murchie a replacement for Harry.

Fui, even I didn't know I was poetic!
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Having Murchie back fills out the squad if we get him, but I think Harry was going to be a much better player than Murchie within a year or two.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

dubby wrote:

His broken jaw was the last straw, so now he will withdraw.

The club was in awe, of the talent that they saw, but alas it is no more.

Time for me to find the door. I have to go before Mrs Fui sees I didn’t start the slaw. Who knew finding rhymes was my flaw?
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Finchy
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: August 14, 2022, 6:25 pm
dubby wrote:

Time for me to find the door. I have to go before Mrs Fui sees I didn’t start the slaw. Who knew finding rhymes was my flaw?
Just stay out of my way or you'll pay, listen to what I say.
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Hey, why don't I just go eat some hay, make things out of clay, lay by the bay? I just may!
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Better than the usual attempts at poetry round here, I guess.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Totally off topic but Adam Sandler really had a golden run of movies from the mid to late 90's

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Sid wrote: August 14, 2022, 7:36 pm Totally off topic but Adam Sandler really had a golden run of movies from the mid to late 90's Image

He really, really didn't... if you go back and watch his movies now, they really are utter, utter ****.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Sid wrote:Totally off topic but Adam Sandler really had a golden run of movies from the mid to late 90's Image

Watch Hubie Halloween or Murder Mystery on Netflix. He still has it

Nickman's love of NSW
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: August 14, 2022, 6:25 pm
dubby wrote:

Fui went to the dunny
But his aim was funny
It all hit the floor
The smell was f'waaaggh.
Mac and cheese went running

Finchy
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

Where’s gangers? With all this beginners poetry, I feel we need some haiku to bring it up a notch
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Harry Rushton to head home to England immediately for personal reasons

Post by gangrenous »

I am not a dog
That comes at your beck and call
To provide haiku
Last edited by gangrenous on August 14, 2022, 9:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

gangrenous wrote:I am not a dog
That comes at your beck and call
To deliver poetry
'Poetry'

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Harry Rushton to head home to England immediately for personal reasons

Post by gangrenous »

I must need a nap,
missed by two damn syllables.
Wasn’t even close.
Last edited by gangrenous on August 14, 2022, 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

gangrenous wrote:I must need a nap, missed by two bloody syllables. Wasn’t even close.
Hey, don't beat yourself up. It's ALWAYS terrible.

gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

I feel better that my realisation was almost accidental haiku. So now it is.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Yeah, not bad

Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Post by Lui_Bon »

all of these haikus
about as awful as mine
but scan? possibly not
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

UK development team of the NRL…
deanoman
Brett Mullins

Post by deanoman »

Thought this was interesting. Had good things to say about the club.