Dragons 13+
27%

Total votes: 11

Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Re: 2022 Rd 22 V Dragons: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by Mickey_Raider »

Every team in the 8 has shown sizzling form at times this season.

Roosters and bunnies are peaking at the right time.

Eels might be inconsistent but have proven they have a higher gear which we don’t.

Cows, Storm, panthers and sharks have been pretty consistent at the top.

The only side showing cracks is the Broncos, however they play a couple certified ploding sides in the Knights and Dragons.

All they need to do is bank those games and they are in, as our FA is rubbish.

And that is before we get to the question as to whether we can win 4 in a row, which would be optimistic in and of itself you’d think.

We stink, as Azza says.
Up The Milk
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

Botman wrote:the ease at which Azz is just pencilling in the raiders to win out is staggering. Like i know you’ve got decades of raiders fandom under your belt to know better than that! Image

I’d love to win out and make the finals
Always root for the raiders to win and playing finals football, even if it’s limping in to the 8 and not having a great deal of confidence of lasting more than a week. Anything can happen once you’re in the dance and all that

But I don’t care who we’re playing, this footy team is capable of losing to anyone and the idea that we’ll can just go about our business and win out is a stark contrast to what this football team has shown us this year
What has happened in 2022 that makes anyone believe we can string together 4 wins?
Not saying it can’t happen, but I don’t know how anyone could have confidence it will happen
We could very easily lose tomorrow!
I mean i put together a best case scenario for us to make everybody feel a little better about our chances. **** me for wanting everything to go our way, right!

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

Last edited by Raider Azz on August 13, 2022, 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Postman Pat wrote: August 13, 2022, 7:03 pm
I came up with us in 9th, so I went back and changed some results to get us into 9th! ImageImage
:lol: :lol:
I did the same!
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Raider Azz wrote: August 13, 2022, 7:05 pm
Botman wrote:the ease at which Azz is just pencilling in the raiders to win out is staggering. Like i know you’ve got decades of raiders fandom under your belt to know better than that! Image

I’d love to win out and make the finals
Always root for the raiders to win and playing finals football, even if it’s limping in to the 8 and not having a great deal of confidence of lasting more than a week. Anything can happen once you’re in the dance and all that

But I don’t care who we’re playing, this footy team is capable of losing to anyone and the idea that we’ll can just go about our business and win out is a stark contrast to what this football team has shown us this year
What has happened in 2022 that makes anyone believe we can string together 4 wins?
Not saying it can’t happen, but I don’t know how anyone could have confidence it will happen
We could very easily lose tomorrow!
I mean i put together a best case scenario for us to make everybody feel a little better about our chances. **** me for wanting everything to go our way, right!

We'll get it all our way and lay down a stink bomb against the tigers in Rd25 :lol:
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Daniel wrote: August 13, 2022, 7:00 pm Not directed at anyone in particular, but during a week when mental health has been front and centre, perhaps we could be nicer to each other.

I don't drink either, Raider Azz. Smart decision.
Fair call Daniel.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Postman Pat wrote:
Raider Azz wrote:I actually just did the ladder predictor and had us finishing 6th which seems INSANE but there you go. I had us winning the remainder of our games which if we turn up we should do, with souths dropping out of the 8 and roosters and broncos finishing 2 points behind us.

Basically what I'm trying to say here is it's not all doom and gloom like this place would make you believe.

Have you missed the memo? You can’t enjoy a win or the side making the 8 anymore. It’s all or nothing or your just a blind supporter who’s happy with mediocracy.

I came up with us in 9th, so I went back and changed some results to get us into 9th! ImageImage
What crop are you planting to be overseen by this straw man?

Like knock yourselves out wishing and hoping. Have fun doing ladder predictors that get us to 5th. I’ll be doing the same Image

But if you look at the ladder and games remaining and form the view that Raiders are likely to make the 8. People are going to question your judgement.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders suspended coach Ricky Stuart plans to watch season go on the line from his living room

The Raiders finals hopes will be decided on Sunday with their head coach riding every moment from his living room. Sitting ninth and two-points outside the top-eight, the Raiders must beat the 11th-placed Dragons to remain in finals contention.

Raiders assistant coaches Andrew McFadden, Brett White and Mick Crawley will steer the Green Machine against the Dragons in Stuart’s absence.

Read more: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... 96641d17cc
mikeraider
Brett Mullins

Post by mikeraider »

I can see Brisbane winning against the nights tonight as they being knights are playing inconsistent football same as the raiders are renowned for, hench making even difficult for us to make the 8, in which again we don't deserve to.for our football smarts aren't there, meaning our 7, our captain, our combination with starling coming on making us play worse rather then better. Now I hope we can win all 4 remains games but not confident that this will happen.

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk

Canberra Raiders supporter though thick and thin from the very beginning.
Shiv
Peter Jackson

Post by Shiv »

For what its worth I did the ladder predictor and had us come 9th - albeit equal 6th on points with F/A pushing us all the way back to 9th.

Given how it stands now though - I am with other posters here - blood some of the young'ens. So what if we drift to 10 or 11th. Give them game time in a season that no longer matters - so when we have a season that matters they already have significant minutes under their belt.

(oh and complete sidebar, but been watching the lower grades and the winger Stephen something looks good value)
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

Why’s the chances of Hodgo getting back for a cameo off the bench in a farewell game.

If we are not going to make the 8 last home game we should roll out CNK, Hodgo and Sutton for a farewell. Maybe even Croker and whitehead also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

That'd be some message... the Raiders, already eliminated from semi final football publicly promote this as a chance for the fans to pay respects and say farewell to Sutton, CNK, Hodgo, Croker and Whitehead :lol:
mikeraider
Brett Mullins

Post by mikeraider »

Hurry Ruston leaving aswell

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk

Canberra Raiders supporter though thick and thin from the very beginning.
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Mickey_Raider »

Death by a thousand cuts this season, just like 17/18/21.
Up The Milk
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Rick wrote: August 13, 2022, 8:27 pm Why’s the chances of Hodgo getting back for a cameo off the bench in a farewell game.

If we are not going to make the 8 last home game we should roll out CNK, Hodgo and Sutton for a farewell. Maybe even Croker and whitehead also Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just go full Barnstoneworth and bring back Ricky and Mal.
Cue trumpet.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Raider Azz wrote:I actually just did the ladder predictor and had us finishing 6th which seems INSANE but there you go. I had us winning the remainder of our games which if we turn up we should do, with souths dropping out of the 8 and roosters and broncos finishing 2 points behind us.

Basically what I'm trying to say here is it's not all doom and gloom like this place would make you believe.

Not going to happen.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

benda
Brett Mullins

Post by benda »

Shiv wrote: August 13, 2022, 8:12 pm For what its worth I did the ladder predictor and had us come 9th - albeit equal 6th on points with F/A pushing us all the way back to 9th.

Given how it stands now though - I am with other posters here - blood some of the young'ens. So what if we drift to 10 or 11th. Give them game time in a season that no longer matters - so when we have a season that matters they already have significant minutes under their belt.

(oh and complete sidebar, but been watching the lower grades and the winger Stephen something looks good value)
I think we should have blooded young blood last season too. Its a good idea.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

We're gonna finish 10th again, aren't we.
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

afgtnk wrote: August 13, 2022, 11:32 pm We're gonna finish 10th again, aren't we.
You were right. Ricky Stuart coached teams don't change in mid season but are generally consistently good or consistently bad
daley6
David Grant
Favourite Player: campo

Post by daley6 »

Lucky wrote: August 13, 2022, 5:00 pm pffftttt
as if the roosters were gonna lose, the NRL would never allow the rorters to miss the 8.... especially in the golden childs 200th game.... now we have to endure another week EDIT.... i swear, if its not tedesco its latrell mitchell...
anyway, the scenario now is that the rorters MUST lose ALL 3 remaining games, and we have to WIN all 4 of ours..... youd have to be in fantasy land to think thats gonna happen, so yeh, season officially over now... best we can hope for is a 9th place finish only missing the 8 on for and against....those games we lost against the dragons 12-10 and warriors by 1 in controversial circumstances really did kill our season.... but overall we are just an unfit and useless team :thumbsdown
Actually roosters need lose 2 of their last 3 , which i think can happen as they have storm in mel and souths who they never beat, they would end up on 28 and if we win our remaining 4 we end up on 30, but when saints beat us later today its all over
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

What the Canberra Raiders need to do to play NRL finals

It just got harder. The Canberra Raiders basically need to win all four of the remaining games to play finals. The Sydney Roosters' thrashing of North Queensland means the Green Machine probably need to finish on 30 competition points to get into the top eight, given their poor points differential of -33.

While the Raiders face a massive month of football, they do have one of the easiest runs home and finishing with four straight wins is a distinct possibility.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

2022 Rd 22 V Dragons: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by The Nickman »

Raider Azz wrote:
gangrenous wrote:
Raider Azz wrote: I think we'll sneak into 8th place, which is about as high as we deserve.
Bit early in the evening to be this deep into the cans.
I don't drink.

Imagine getting mocked for hoping the team you support makes the finals in the literal supporters forum of that team

Literal supporters forum of the team? More like bag out the players of the team forum.
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

2022 Rd 22 V Dragons: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by Sid »

Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

The Nickman wrote: August 14, 2022, 2:07 pm
Raider Azz wrote:
gangrenous wrote:
Raider Azz wrote: I think we'll sneak into 8th place, which is about as high as we deserve.
Bit early in the evening to be this deep into the cans.
I don't drink.

Imagine getting mocked for hoping the team you support makes the finals in the literal supporters forum of that team

Literal supporters forum of the team? More like bag out the players of the team forum.
More like bag the other supporters and bag Savage forum