Ricky Stuart banned for seven days and fined $25,000 for press conference comments

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: Ricky Stuart banned for seven days and fined $25,000 for press conference comments

Post by greeneyed »

Cameron Smith says Ricky Stuart sanction was light

NRL great Cameron Smith believes Raiders coach Ricky Stuart got off lightly after he received a one game ban for a post-match spray about Panthers playmaker Jaeman Salmon.

“I was shocked, I was really shocked. I don’t know how you felt about it but I was extremely shocked when I heard the comments from Ricky.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... eab471485c
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Re: Ricky Stuart banned for seven days and fined $25,000 for press conference comments

Post by LastRaider »

I’m looking forward to the team being coached by a different coach this week. Be interesting if we have a Bulldogs moment where the assistant does better than the coach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Judging 1 late season game vs years of coaching won't provide any insight at all.
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

greeneyed wrote:Cameron Smith says Ricky Stuart sanction was light

NRL great Cameron Smith believes Raiders coach Ricky Stuart got off lightly after he received a one game ban for a post-match spray about Panthers playmaker Jaeman Salmon.

“I was shocked, I was really shocked. I don’t know how you felt about it but I was extremely shocked when I heard the comments from Ricky.

Thank goodness Cameron Smith has now put his two cents in! Who's next for a comment, Ja Rule?

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

LastRaider wrote:I’m looking forward to the team being coached by a different coach this week. Be interesting if we have a Bulldogs moment where the assistant does better than the coach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good time to make this comment about the Bulldogs, right as they were getting a 40 point flogging from the hands of the Warriors

Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

greeneyed wrote: August 12, 2022, 6:16 pm Cameron Smith says Ricky Stuart sanction was light

The same Cam Smith who would say it's harsh to penalise someone for ripping an arm out of it's socket in the ruck.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Cameron Smith can **** right off.

Classically deflecting attention from the criticism the Storm were starting to get about introducing the hip drop tackle into the game.

Dirtiest player in the history of the game. His comments to the ref at the time Alex McKinnon got injured says it all.
Old School Green
Dean Lance

Post by Old School Green »

Seiffert82 wrote: August 13, 2022, 7:53 am Cameron Smith can **** right off.

Classically deflecting attention from the criticism the Storm were starting to get about introducing the hip drop tackle into the game.

Dirtiest player in the history of the game. His comments to the ref at the time Alex McKinnon got injured says it all.
Exactly. The same Cameron Smith who tries to downplay a tackle where a guy is paralysed.
Now he wants to express moral outrage. Please.
87, 89, 90, 91, 94, 19
I was there. Go the Milk !!
Finchy
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

Cam hates Ricky. Still blames him for the media finding out about the diamond ring gift from the NRL to his wife. Didn't want Ricky coming into the Storm dressing room for a beer with Bellyache when the Storm got beat, as is their tradition.
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

He's a grade A EDIT. And a virtuoso whinger.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

Happy with EDIT. Makes it look worse than what I actually wrote.

Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

I dont what i love more about Cam Smith

The fact he's the best player to ever lace a boot, or that his haters have salt levels through the roof the moment he says anything.
Like virtually everything he did on the field, he's right again here. It was light imo.
Finchy
Jason Croker

Post by Finchy »

He's a grub. He should sail off into the sunset in his boat, along with good friend Yvonne Sampson, a diamond ring, and be happy that he was one of the dirtiest players. Giving Simmo the wingnut treatment, smashing Croker's already damaged knee, and arguing that Alex McKinnon paralysed himself and it shouldn't be a penalty. Great bloke.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Botman wrote: August 13, 2022, 9:42 pm I dont what i love more about Cam Smith

The fact he's the best player to ever lace a boot, or that his haters have salt levels through the roof the moment he says anything.
Like virtually everything he did on the field, he's right again here. It was light imo.
I like it when we agree Bot!
Finchy
Jason Croker

Post by Finchy »

Bot, you might want to reconsider your position now...
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

Botman wrote:I dont what i love more about Cam Smith

Bot and a contrarian opinion. Name a better duo Image

BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Cameron Smith has previously defended rulings for or against him or his team as “people don’t know the full evidence”.

Unless he’s aware of the evidence Ricky took to the Integrity Commission that may have downgraded their fine and suspension decision, I think we can class Cameron Smith as both an outstanding footballer and hypocrite.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Haha indeed my thoughts on the topic… **** I love Cameron Smith
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Imagine Stick sitting in his lounge room watching that last play.

Would have been kicking his own furniture.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

The Nickman wrote:

Haha indeed my thoughts on the topic… **** I love Cameron Smith
We are all shocked by this development Nickman, absolutely shocked.

Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

Billy Walker wrote:
Botman wrote: August 13, 2022, 9:42 pm I dont what i love more about Cam Smith

I like it when we agree Bot!
Great minds think alike as they say!

Meanwhile, Cameron Smith is still a grub.

Last edited by Seiffert82 on August 14, 2022, 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Bot and Billy… old mates from way back
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

I've always assumed one of them is an alt.

Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

The Nickman wrote: August 14, 2022, 4:41 pm Bot and Billy… old mates from way back
Well I did actually name him. I told him he should call himself Botman and he took my good advice and included an acknowledgment in his signature. Alt no. Puppet - maybe :roflmao
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Ricky Stuart banned for seven days and fined $25,000 for press conference comments

Post by The Nickman »

Billy Walker wrote:
The Nickman wrote: August 14, 2022, 4:41 pm Bot and Billy… old mates from way back
Well I did actually name him. I told him he should call himself Botman and he took my good advice and included an acknowledgment in his signature. Alt no. Puppet - maybe :roflmao
And then he blocked you
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

The Nickman wrote: August 14, 2022, 5:13 pm
Billy Walker wrote:
And then he blocked you
He probably realised he was out of his depth in so many ways so he wanted to reduce the size of his small pond. Good on him I say! :lol:
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Billy Walker wrote: August 14, 2022, 5:18 pm
Billy Walker wrote:
And then he blocked you
He probably realised he was out of his depth in so many ways so he wanted to reduce the size of his small pond. Good on him I say! :lol:
Haha yeah, he sure is lame

The only way I can think of that you could possibly be any lamer or more of a loser would be to be repeatedly banned from an online forum and have to keep coming back with alt account after alt account, hey Billy?
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

The Nickman wrote: August 14, 2022, 6:24 pm
Billy Walker wrote: August 14, 2022, 5:18 pm
Billy Walker wrote:
And then he blocked you
Haha yeah, he sure is lame

The only way I can think of that you could possibly be any lamer or more of a loser would be to be repeatedly banned from an online forum and have to keep coming back with alt account after alt account, hey Billy?
Yeah that would be even lamer than Botman if anyone actually did that.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart speaks for first time since NRL ban

Canberra coach Ricky Stuart is confident the Raiders can put a dramatic week behind them to focus on their NRL finals charge as he prepares to return from NRL exile on Wednesday.

"It was the camaraderie last week and mateship," Stuart said. I apologise to them for the unwarranted attention I caused to the team last week, the leaders gathered around and led very well. The senior players were wonderful and the coaches jumped into gear and got us an important win."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14280

‘There’s not enough care in this world’: Sticky’s biggest lesson: https://www.watoday.com.au/sport/nrl/th ... e=rss_feed

Ricky Stuart breaks silence on historic suspension for 'weak-gutted dog person' spray: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/2022-ricky ... 9031c4a71a
Joshjacksonshead
Gary Coyne
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Joshjacksonshead »

And there it is , the great man has ended it and Merkin Salmon will slide back down to nothingness!
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Joshjacksonshead wrote: August 17, 2022, 7:18 pm And there it is , the great man has ended it and Merkin Salmon will slide back down to nothingness!
Sounds like a signature dish at a flash Japanese restaurant.

“I’ll have the merkin salmon wrapped in nori and toasted sesame seeds wish a miso sauce and wasabi on the side. Warm me your finest sake to wash this down thanks”
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

You do know the 'online / slang' definition of merkin don't you Billy?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

gergreg wrote: August 18, 2022, 7:38 am You do know the 'online / slang' definition of merkin don't you Billy?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Isn’t that what other people have named your moustache Gergs?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

'It was a shock': Jaeman Salmon breaks silence on Ricky Stuart's 'weak-gutted dog' attack

Jaeman Salmon has broken his silence on Ricky Stuart's "weak-gutted dog" spray, saying he was shocked and confused by the Canberra coach's comments. Salmon is reportedly still considering legal action against Stuart after the ugly aftermath to a clash in Canberra earlier this season.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14280

Jaeman Salmon addresses Ricky Stuart daughter rumours, refuses to rule out legal action

Penrith’s Jaeman Salmon has refused to rule out pursuing legal action against Canberra coach Ricky Stuart for his “weak-gutted dog” spray.

Salmon broke his six week silence on the issue ahead of his first grand final. The Panthers utility also distanced himself from assertions the decade long feud between Stuart and Salmon stemmed from anything to do with Stuart’s daughter who has autism.

Read more: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... 39ce4b0abc

‘Nothing to do with his daughter’: Salmon breaks silence on Stuart blow-up: https://www.watoday.com.au/sport/nrl/no ... 5blcq.html

Panthers star considering legal action after coach’s post-game spray: https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/panth ... cf6a8e58e6
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

We all agree Ricky was completely out of order and deserved his suspension.

But the threat of legal action and seeking compensation is ridiculous. Who does Salmon think he is Donald Trump or Johnny Depp.