The Video Game Thread

Discuss music, movies, TV shows and video games

Moderator: GH Moderators

Sterlk
David Furner

Re: The Video Game Thread

Post by Sterlk »

The switch lite is $300, I believe.

As I understand it, if you just want to use it as a handheld only the lite is fine, but if you want to hook it up to a TV you've got to get the $450 version.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

With Among Us, I’ve got being an Imposter pretty well nailed. I’ve developed a strategy where after a few times, people know it’s me from the approach haha
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:With Among Us, I’ve got being an Imposter pretty well nailed. I’ve developed a strategy where after a few times, people know it’s me from the approach haha
What's the strategy? I usually try to pick crew members off when they're isolated

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

I tried to play that game for about 10mins, had nfi what I was doing and gave up

Can anyone explain in simple terms what the point is?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

The Video Game Thread

Sid wrote:
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:With Among Us, I’ve got being an Imposter pretty well nailed. I’ve developed a strategy where after a few times, people know it’s me from the approach haha
What's the strategy? I usually try to pick crew members off when they're isolated

Sabotage, sabotage and sabotage.

Use Oxygen and Reactor to divide and conquer. If I’m on the Oxygen side, I’ll set off the Reactor and knock off someone as they’re running to stop the reactor.

I’ve also been toying with asking people to watch me do a visual task, then cut the power as I approach the task and knock someone off. 50% success rate at the moment
Last edited by FuiFui BradBrad on October 22, 2020, 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

-TW- wrote:I tried to play that game for about 10mins, had nfi what I was doing and gave up

Can anyone explain in simple terms what the point is?

If you’re a Crewmate: Do your jobs and try to guess who the Imposter is

If you’re the Imposter: Kill everyone without getting caught

Nickman's love of NSW
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

After a two year absence from Civilization VI I’ve started playing it again with all of the latest updates and civs... I’m really enjoying it!
Sid
Ricky Stuart

Post by Sid »

The Nickman wrote:After a two year absence from Civilization VI I’ve started playing it again with all of the latest updates and civs... I’m really enjoying it!
I played Civ 6 base game earlier in the year, it was my first introduction to the Civilization franchise. I was hooked for a while there! I found I was pretty much always going for Domination or Science victories. I can see myself diving back into it after some time away from it.

Sid
Ricky Stuart

Post by Sid »

How are people finding Cyberpunk 2077?
I've been playing on ps5 and looking at early reviews it looks like one of the better ways to play it, reports that ps4 and a lot of pc's aren't quite strong enough unless that's just the minority having those issues.

I've encountered 2 bugs so far, once where I had to reload to continue the mission and another where it errored out and crashed on its own.

Negatives aside I can see myself putting a LOT of hours into this game. I'm getting Fallout vibes from it more than other games

~~~possible minor early game spoiler~~~
I chose Nomad thinking it would be a cool way to discover Night City, spend hours in the badlands before exploring it from the outside in.. however very early on in the game I was thrust into Night City and for some reason that's where my home is? Might just be the way I chose to play the first mission early idk but it's a different storyline than I expected

Sterlk
David Furner

Post by Sterlk »

I was/am really keen for Cyberpunk, but I'm going to wait for the next-gen console patch before picking it up.

As brilliant as it appears to be, there's also a lot of problematic bugs, and I want to experience it on PC-esque settings rather than just the PS4/XBO version with more frames-per-second. Waiting for the next-gen patch should solve both of those issues.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

I've finally got around to red dead 2

Edrick The Entertainer
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

bonehead wrote:I've finally got around to red dead 2

Nice one, thoughts?

Nickman's love of NSW
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:

Nice one, thoughts?
Playing story mode, I'm up to chapter 6 and fairly addicted. Massive credit to rockstar it's enormous

Edrick The Entertainer
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

bonehead wrote:
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:

Nice one, thoughts?
Playing story mode, I'm up to chapter 6 and fairly addicted. Massive credit to rockstar it's enormous

Yeah I really enjoyed it. Story wise it’s up there as one of the best.

I was playing it one morning when my olds came up to visit. It took the old man a moment to realise that it was a game, then when it dawned on him, he thought the scenery was taken from real areas.

Been playing Outer Worlds. It’s good, very Fallout like. Waiting to get Last of Us 2 and Cyberpunk

Nickman's love of NSW
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

not my usual I normally stick to racing and sports games.
Boneyjr wanted it and I had mates in lockdown playing so thought I'd give it a go

Edrick The Entertainer
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

The Video Game Thread

bonehead wrote:not my usual I normally stick to racing and sports games.
Boneyjr wanted it and I had mates in lockdown playing so thought I'd give it a go

Yeah I find I’ll play something like Outer Worlds for a bit, then revert back to Madden or FIFA. I’ve resurrected my FIFA career with Plymouth Argyle I started back when lockdowns started. I think I’m ready to coach an A League side

Then when I really want to mix it up, I got WWE2K20, because it was $13 on sale and I thought it would be a fun fighting game to have in the collection. I mainly do this one manager mode where you set up the matches and watch them go at it. Mrs Fui gets confused because I’m not even playing it

Nickman's love of NSW
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

realistically i get an hour once a week but this year with lockdown and a complete lack of decent tv I've played a bit more.
NRL and cricket games generally as far as I get

Edrick The Entertainer
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: December 15, 2020, 5:57 pm
bonehead wrote:
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:

Nice one, thoughts?

I was playing it one morning when my olds came up to visit. It took the old man a moment to realise that it was a game, then when it dawned on him, he thought the scenery was taken from real areas.

Been playing Outer Worlds. It’s good, very Fallout like. Waiting to get Last of Us 2 and Cyberpunk
RDR2 would have to be one of the best looking games ever made. 'Highly immersive' is a good description. Trouble is I found painfully slow in game play. Felt like it was taking way too long to get meangful progress. As such I stopped playing.

Ironically my 9yo son found it thoroughly engrossing and keeps playing it. Not that it's meant for 9yos. His problem was treating it like a shooter game. He's got Wanted posters up in every town on the map. :lol:
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

yeah boneyjr had a really low morality score and bounty hunters all over him

Edrick The Entertainer
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

I've been getting into Sniper Elite. They're cheap on Playstation store and good simple fun. Sneak around, shoot people, blow up stuff. However my status as a Nazi killer is still amateur. Would now like to go pro.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Northern Raider wrote: December 16, 2020, 10:29 am
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: December 15, 2020, 5:57 pm
bonehead wrote:
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:

Nice one, thoughts?

RDR2 would have to be one of the best looking games ever made. 'Highly immersive' is a good description. Trouble is I found painfully slow in game play. Felt like it was taking way too long to get meangful progress. As such I stopped playing.

Ironically my 9yo son found it thoroughly engrossing and keeps playing it. Not that it's meant for 9yos. His problem was treating it like a shooter game. He's got Wanted posters up in every town on the map. :lol:
Yeah I found myself yelling "Get outta the damn way!" in my car at times after my playthrough

Nickman's love of NSW
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: December 16, 2020, 6:04 am

Yeah I find I’ll play something like Outer Worlds for a bit, then revert back to Madden or FIFA. I’ve resurrected my FIFA career with Plymouth Argyle I started back when lockdowns started. I think I’m ready to coach an A League side

Then when I really want to mix it up, I got WWE2K20, because it was $13 on sale and I thought it would be a fun fighting game to have in the collection. I mainly do this one manager mode where you set up the matches and watch them go at it. Mrs Fui gets confused because I’m not even playing it
If you're into Wrestling "booker" (read: Manager) games, you honestly can't go past TEW2020. It's entirely text-based (like Football Manager used to be), but it is SO immersive.

It has a very steep learning curve, but I'm always happy to talk you through it, it's a great game.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

The Nickman wrote: December 16, 2020, 1:32 pm
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: December 16, 2020, 6:04 am

If you're into Wrestling "booker" (read: Manager) games, you honestly can't go past TEW2020. It's entirely text-based (like Football Manager used to be), but it is SO immersive.

It has a very steep learning curve, but I'm always happy to talk you through it, it's a great game.
Yeah that sounds interesting. I didn't think I'd be into it as much as I thought I would, but I now literally pour my PS time into creating matches, PPV's, managing rosters and stables. Then I turn the rivalries on, set the Tag Teams to create and break up as the Universe sees fit, and just watch it all unfold

Nickman's love of NSW
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Yeah, you'd absolutely love TEW2020 then
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Sterlk wrote:So with my improved knowledge of how the player attributes work in NBA 2K20, I built a new character in the test-lab-thing and played a game at 99 overall... it was an absolute blitz, super-fast SG slasher scoring something like 50 points solo.

The glimpse of what could be is tempting enough to make me go back and start again in noob-town.
I just got NBA 2K21 on sale for $49.95. I’m seeing what you guys are talking about. Shooting takes some getting used to. Then, just as I thought I had it, I started a MyPlayer, and its hard again!

Going to enjoy figuring this one out

Nickman's love of NSW
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Boneyjr got squadrons for $29- at bigw, price drop on that was fast

Edrick The Entertainer
Sterlk
David Furner

Post by Sterlk »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: December 29, 2020, 11:43 am
Sterlk wrote:So with my improved knowledge of how the player attributes work in NBA 2K20, I built a new character in the test-lab-thing and played a game at 99 overall... it was an absolute blitz, super-fast SG slasher scoring something like 50 points solo.

The glimpse of what could be is tempting enough to make me go back and start again in noob-town.
I just got NBA 2K21 on sale for $49.95. I’m seeing what you guys are talking about. Shooting takes some getting used to. Then, just as I thought I had it, I started a MyPlayer, and its hard again!

Going to enjoy figuring this one out
I want to get 2K21, but unfortunately it seems to only be the last-gen versions on sale. Waiting for a sale on the new version.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

PGA 2k21 is the same.

2K have completely balls the timing mechanism

Sid
Ricky Stuart

Post by Sid »

Just made a start on Fallout 76. Early days, but it's better than I expected so far after all of the poor reviews it received when it first came out

gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Anybody able to catch me up on consoles? My wife suggested getting a Nintendo switch for our girls 5 and 7. But I think a xbox or playstation console would be better value and better longevity. Is there a better platform and games for girls that age? Are most the games online now or do you still buy discs, having a DVD or bluray player would also be handy.

Last console I had was an original xbox. I used to enjoy the star wars RPGs. We also have a Wii but they never play it, which is another reason for me to want to avoid Nintendo. I'd probably play it only occasionally.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Is anyone playing Elden Ring? I just started and it's very difficult, frustrating yet fun.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

I’ve just discovered Fall Guys. Anyone else tried this?

Nickman's love of NSW
Sid
Ricky Stuart

Post by Sid »

I just finished my first play-through of Detroit Become Human (yeah I know, 5 years late) I wanted to play it sooner, but reviews I heard at the time didn’t meet my expectations. It’s free on PlayStation Plus so I gave it a crack. I thought it was great! Just started my 2nd play through now, the playability of the 2nd play-through will determine how good the game is for mine, be interesting to see how similar/different the outcomes are through my choices.

Also cool that you get to see how different your choices were to everyone else.

~~~SPOILERS AHEAD~~~

My boy Connor died almost every mission and failed most of them too. Not sure why Amanda spent so long putting up with his ****, although I guess that was kind of answered right at the end after credits.

I don’t know whether to choose pacifist or not for Markus next play-through, he died early in my piece, I sacrificed him at the end of the march thinking he’d just come back to life like Connor always did. It kind of speed run the rest of his missions.

I absolutely can’t believe I didn’t predict the twist with Alice, given there were so many hints dropped about it. I’ll kick myself more on how obvious it is the 2nd time around.

Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Got the kids a nintendo switch for christmas and Zelda was one of the games i got them... it's about a month later and im playing Zelda more than they are :lol:
what a great game.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Botman wrote:Got the kids a nintendo switch for christmas and Zelda was one of the games i got them... it's about a month later and im playing Zelda more than they are Image
what a great game.
Mrs Bone enjoys the simplicity and fast loading of the switch

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer