3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Re: Off topic

Post by dubby »

:( I have neither
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

dubby wrote: July 14, 2022, 10:46 am :( I have neither
Don't be so harsh on yourself dubs... If you ever need, I'll always lend you a wheelbarrow.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Got any pics of the wood? I've been collecting decent looking ... slabs I'd guess you would call them for displaying bonsai. Those wooden slabs sell for 100s if done right. I don't have many photos of mine but just an example of one of the plain ones I have.

Shoving it in your face since 2017
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

The Nickman wrote: July 14, 2022, 10:48 am
dubby wrote: July 14, 2022, 10:46 am :( I have neither
Don't be so harsh on yourself dubs... If you ever need, I'll always lend you a wheelbarrow.
:roflmao
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Shed door up !
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Nice one Peej!
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

shed door up

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
Edrick The Entertainer
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

gergreg wrote:Got any pics of the wood? I've been collecting decent looking ... slabs I'd guess you would call them for displaying bonsai. Those wooden slabs sell for 100s if done right. I don't have many photos of mine but just an example of one of the plain ones I have.

I think kusunoki wood is traditional for that - camphor laurel in English.

Grows like a $%#€and$ weed in Queensland.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: July 23, 2022, 11:41 am Nice one Peej!
Yeah.

The plan is get a skin full and by about 4-50pm I’ll be running the streets nude or sobbing outta control.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

-PJ- wrote:
Yeah.

The plan is get a skin full and by about 4-50pm I’ll be running the streets nude or sobbing outta control.
nude it was

Edrick The Entertainer
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

bonehead wrote: July 24, 2022, 12:45 pm
-PJ- wrote:
Yeah.

nude it was

Well..a win is a win.

Nude it is.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

T_R wrote:
gergreg wrote:Got any pics of the wood? I've been collecting decent looking ... slabs I'd guess you would call them for displaying bonsai. Those wooden slabs sell for 100s if done right. I don't have many photos of mine but just an example of one of the plain ones I have.

I think kusunoki wood is traditional for that - camphor laurel in English.

Grows like a $%#€and$ weed in Queensland.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
This piece was from that Eucalyptus behind my garage that I almost had a fist fight with my crazy neighbour over. There's a few local old guys with some excellent woodworking skills that make their own stands.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Sad news yesterday with the passing of Olivia Newton John. She endured some tough times in her life but always came across as down to earth and a really nice person. I'm sure that a few of us old shaggers remember how stunning she was?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

^^^a very beautiful woman.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

:nooo Paul Green took his own life today.

He was 49.

gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Terrible news. Thoughts with his family
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Last week on the way to picking the kids up there was a bloke on a motorised scooter, cruising down Athllon drive, turned onto Sulwood drive. As it turned out there was actually two adult men on the scooter. I immediately wondered what the **** they were doing on a pretty busy road, but is this any different to cyclists on the road?

zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

What kind of scooter are we talkin?
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Not the sit down scooters that your bingo aficionados have a hankering for. The standup ones which seem to have become popular in the past 12 - 18 months.

-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

How about the 2 idiots in Fortitude Valley who unknowingly took on a rated MMA fighter.

A pin point head kick and a couple of well directed punches ended the night.

2v1..what could go wrong.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Right-o gang, I need some assistance, if you can. Our company takes Steptember VERY serious… partly because of me.
For context, 2 years ago, it was a casual “Let us know if you’re interested, and we’ll randomly assign you to a team”. People got upset because some people in their team didn’t put in an effort.

Last year, people were asking if they could pick their own teams. To avoid all the top steppers teaming up, we created a draft, and the Steptember draft day was born. Think Dundies, but with corny sporting cliches.

Anyway, this year, we’ve decided to mix it up by assigning each participant a nickname. So when the captains are picking their team, they don’t know who they’re picking, because they’re going off a nickname.

I’ve realised I’ve over-committed on this, and need to come up with 70 nicknames and fake back-stories. I’m down to 29, and have writers block. What’s everyone’s favourite nicknames in sport… not necessarily linked to a persons name that I can borrow?
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Doesn’t really need to be sporty, I’ll take walking puns also

Nickman's love of NSW
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Steppy Graf
Steppy McStepface
Insteption
Dubstep
Johnny Stepp
Step! In the name of love
Stepsister/brother/mother/father
Step back in time
5678 (surely someone will get this!)
Karl Stepanovic
Steppin’ Wolf
Pets (AKA Stepback)
Don’t Step Me Now
Sole Music
Christopher Walkin’
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Off topic

Post by gangrenous »

Carly Rae Stepson
Audrey Stepburn
Def Steppard
Steptic tank
Led Stepplin
Budastep
Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Post by Postman Pat »

Stephen Upton?
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Off topic

Post by gangrenous »

Salt and Stepper
Papa Giusteppy
Red hot chilli stepper
Stepperoni
Miss step
Unsteppable
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Story walking pal
Kerry Saxby
Sharon Woods
Christopher Walking
Steptoe and Son

bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

I had to read that 3 times before I picked up Steptembe wasn't September
I was rather confused

Edrick The Entertainer
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Sorry to break your groove Fui old dog

I'm thinking of buying a meat smoker.

Any advice or tips?

By the way, I think we should start a Raiders themed brewery.

We'll call it Lightning Booby after two of our legends

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

No worries Dubs. I have a dual Charcoal / Gas BBQ from Char Griller

https://www.bunnings.com.au/char-grille ... q_p3180892

I love it, because it gives you the option of both, and the Charcoal side is big enough to do the job. I’ve gone the next step and bought the side smoker box as well, which is ideal for cooking on indirect heat. You basically load up the fire in the smoker box, and the heat flows into the main BBQ, avoiding the meat getting cooked too quickly.

The Double Play is a bit older now, and I think there’s newer models floating around, but that would be my suggestion.

Nickman's love of NSW
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Off topic

In terms of brewing, I’m down. I’m brewing my first All Grain beer at the moment, so it’s the first legit from scratch beer I’ve made. I have a Lime Green beer idea jotted down in my Brew journal.

I have to convince Mrs Fui the next step is to open a bar called Dave’s. I see it as a beer hall / American BBQ place that plays non-stop Dave Matthews Band. Every night at 7, I’ll get up on stage, grab a guitar and belt out a tune of my own… just need to learn to sing and play guitar.

Nickman's love of NSW
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:In terms of brewing, I’m down. I’m brewing my first All Grain beer at the moment, so it’s the first legit from scratch beer I’ve made. I have a Lime Green beer idea jotted down in my Brew journal.

I have to convince Mrs Fui the next step is to open a bar called Dave’s. I see it as a beer hall / American BBQ place that plays non-stop Dave Matthews Band. Every night at 7, I’ll get up on stage, grab a guitar and belt out a tune of my own… just need to learn to sing and play guitar.
I’m there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Oh, Fui.

Fui.
Fui. Fui. Fui.

Dave Matthew's Band?

Dude.

dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

I legit thought Fui was a cool guy 🤢