Ricky Stuart banned for seven days and fined $25,000 for press conference comments

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

PerthRaider86
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii - Alan Tongue

Re: Ricky Stuart banned for seven days and fined $25,000 for press conference comments

Post by PerthRaider86 »

CRaid wrote: August 9, 2022, 8:25 pm I’m sure the Club is taking note of suggestions from this forum, as I type.

Change will start as from tomorrow. I can confirm from good sources that termination letters will be handed out and a public flogging of Ricky will be taking place in Garema Square 12pm tomorrow, followed by tarring and feathering. That’ll learn him and his family, how dare he stand up for them, how dare he stand up for his autistic daughter.

I can confirm that the orange peeler will also not attend this Sundays game, as much to blame as Donny.

The toilet cleaner has been asked to run the fire hose over the whole place, bleach cleaning every nook, corner and cupboard.

And no more free coffee and bikkies in the players breakout area, Donny said they can pay for their own coffee and scotch fingers, bunch of underperformers.

Btw Donny advises me he doesn’t believe in Santa and was impressed by McDonalds upgrading my medium cheese burger meal and wants the same deal.
Ahhh Robert..... Dribbling your **** here too where if people have a different opinion to you they can go support some other team while you sit here enjoying your mediocrity.......
Perth Based Raiders Fan
T_R
Don Furner

Re: Ricky Stuart banned for seven days and fined $25,000 for press conference comments

Post by T_R »

CRaid wrote:@TR

Ohh it is indeed. The best part is you taking the bait each bait every time. I’d have thought after 17,000 posts you’d have picked up on that. Maybe you’re not as smart as you think.

Have a good night Mr Important

Bless

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Sterlk
David Furner

Post by Sterlk »

Personally, I didn't really care one iota about what Ricky said.

I'm more incredulous that everyone else seems to care so much, to the point the NRL felt compelled to step in. If I was in the player's shoes I'd probably either return serve, or take the high ground and publicly frame Ricky as an unprofessional loose cannon (which to be fair...). Can't say I'd get my family to do the rounds in the media and have a cry about a light sledge that's PG enough to circulate in a primary school.

The dude is a fully grown 23 year old man and the narrative seems to be that someone calling him a "weak-gutted dog" has traumatised the poor baby. Please.

I'm not usually the one to raise the infantalising of NRL players, but in this case it feels pretty apt.

Not defending what he did - he obviously shouldn't have said it - though the whole thing is massively overblown. Not that it's happened, and I'm sure others will disagree, but for example I'd be perfectly happy to let opposition coaches call Curtis Scott (were he still with us) a massive dropkick, or hook into our then-lockdown vaccine holdouts. They're adults, who cares.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Is CRaid Bay56?
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Roger Kenworthy wrote:Is CRaid Bay56?
That would be hilarious.

Certainly possible - nearly all his posts are just criticising the forum or individual posters on it.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

T_R wrote:
Botman wrote: August 9, 2022, 9:24 pm :lol: fair enough. Toot on, sir. Toot on
(Though admittedly im not a grilled fan, im in the woden area and we have a brodburger stand and a newly minted Grease Monkey's, which generally sort my hangover/burger needs out)
https://www.ricksgarage.com.au/

Best burgers in Australia, should you ever find yourself up this way
Pssht. Never been to Big Chief then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
CRaid
Gary Coyne
Favourite Player: Stuart

Post by CRaid »

@PerthRaider

Who the F is Robert ???

I’m Ricky. Not the coach though.
CRaid
Gary Coyne
Favourite Player: Stuart

Post by CRaid »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: August 9, 2022, 10:14 pm Is CRaid Bay56?
If you want I can be anyone, even Superwoman, was he a vegan ?
Butters
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Butters »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: August 9, 2022, 10:14 pm Is CRaid Bay56?
:lol:

What happened to that fella?
PROUD MEMBER OF THE CONVERSION ENTHUSIASTS
2009 Golden Boogs: McLinden Award
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:
T_R wrote:
Botman wrote: August 9, 2022, 9:24 pm Image fair enough. Toot on, sir. Toot on
(Though admittedly im not a grilled fan, im in the woden area and we have a brodburger stand and a newly minted Grease Monkey's, which generally sort my hangover/burger needs out)

Post a link

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

T_R wrote:
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:
T_R wrote:
Botman wrote: August 9, 2022, 9:24 pm Image fair enough. Toot on, sir. Toot on

Post a link

Yeah… about that… so they don’t have a link. But they’re on TripAdvisor. Bot can attest, they’re a Mounty County institution

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Restaura ... Wales.html
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Mickey_Raider »

Time to wrap this one up and start analysing why we are careening towards our fourth 10th place finish in 6 years.
Up The Milk
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

It's hardly up for debate or analysis Mickey. Our coaching staff have no structure, no playing style, very few set plays and our team has made the finals in previous years based purely on individual brilliance. Take Savage out of our team last week and we didn't look in the game at all. The coach continues to fall back on the 'missing' players excuse when things go bad. Yet .... again ... last weekend our opposition was missing both of their halves. They slotted in their NSW cup half, and their bench utility. They promoted their bench utility to replace their strike backrower and they whipped our ****.

What is there to analyse?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Mickey_Raider wrote: August 10, 2022, 7:39 am Time to wrap this one up and start analysing why we are careening towards our fourth 10th place finish in 6 years.
Wouldnt that be nice?
How about NRL 360 spending it's A block on talking about how strange it is that the coach got extended given where this football team is and is trending since the GF.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

Botman wrote: August 10, 2022, 8:05 am
Mickey_Raider wrote: August 10, 2022, 7:39 am Time to wrap this one up and start analysing why we are careening towards our fourth 10th place finish in 6 years.
Wouldnt that be nice?
How about NRL 360 spending it's A block on talking about how strange it is that the coach got extended given where this football team is and is trending since the GF.
If only.
Wake me up if that ever happens..
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Brew wrote: August 9, 2022, 7:26 pm
Love4Noa wrote:I had written a very long post about the idiocy displayed by some people on here.
Simply - I stand with Ricky Stuart and will defend him for protecting his children and his players.

He's done a lot more for society than the 'poor kid' who's also involved in this story.

When Phil Gould suggests the historical details should remain quiet, I tend to agree. There are no winners.
But I absolutely know who's contributing more to society. And it's clearly the bloke that 'fans' seem intent on running out of town.

You'd do well to remember that without Furner and Stuart around, the club that you 'support' would likely cease to exist. And cry foul all you want - but the reality is the NRL said as much in 2015.
Enjoy the footy team while you can or beware getting what you want.

I've said it before - but I'm done with this forum. It's pretty disgusting and a mirror of the vitriol spewed about on other social media.
And lets hope you never have to defend people who can't defend themselves.
I don’t really post here anymore like you know but well said. My thoughts exactly.

And yeah the club do read the forum but I won’t tell you how this forum is perceived. GE does a lot of good work on here and I respect that.

You realise "this forum" is just a very broad subsection of Raiders fans, yeah? So the way "the club" perceives "this forum" is essentially the way it perceives its very own fans, yeah?

You often have some very odd takes, Brew me old mate, but this is indeed one of the oddest.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

gergreg wrote: August 10, 2022, 7:48 am It's hardly up for debate or analysis Mickey. Our coaching staff have no structure, no playing style, very few set plays and our team has made the finals in previous years based purely on individual brilliance. Take Savage out of our team last week and we didn't look in the game at all. The coach continues to fall back on the 'missing' players excuse when things go bad. Yet .... again ... last weekend our opposition was missing both of their halves. They slotted in their NSW cup half, and their bench utility. They promoted their bench utility to replace their strike backrower and they whipped our ****.

What is there to analyse?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
I don't think any further analysis is required than this.

Someone should print this out and nail it to Paul Kent's **** forehead.
Finchy
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

T_R wrote: August 9, 2022, 10:20 pm
That would be hilarious.

Certainly possible - nearly all his posts are just criticising the forum or individual posters on it.

There’s only one way to find out. CRaid, how do you feel about Collingwood, and does this image make you want it as your profile pic?

Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

Find someone to love you like Paul Kent loves Ricky
Yap
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Dave Leave Nothing In The Tank Shillington

Post by Yap »

Finchy wrote: August 10, 2022, 11:22 am
T_R wrote: August 9, 2022, 10:20 pm
That would be hilarious.

There’s only one way to find out. CRaid, how do you feel about Collingwood, and does this image make you want it as your profile pic?

I miss that little monkey :roflmao
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

The Nickman wrote: August 10, 2022, 11:10 am
Brew wrote: August 9, 2022, 7:26 pm
Love4Noa wrote:I had written a very long post about the idiocy displayed by some people on here.
Simply - I stand with Ricky Stuart and will defend him for protecting his children and his players.

He's done a lot more for society than the 'poor kid' who's also involved in this story.

When Phil Gould suggests the historical details should remain quiet, I tend to agree. There are no winners.
But I absolutely know who's contributing more to society. And it's clearly the bloke that 'fans' seem intent on running out of town.

You'd do well to remember that without Furner and Stuart around, the club that you 'support' would likely cease to exist. And cry foul all you want - but the reality is the NRL said as much in 2015.
Enjoy the footy team while you can or beware getting what you want.

I've said it before - but I'm done with this forum. It's pretty disgusting and a mirror of the vitriol spewed about on other social media.
And lets hope you never have to defend people who can't defend themselves.
I don’t really post here anymore like you know but well said. My thoughts exactly.

And yeah the club do read the forum but I won’t tell you how this forum is perceived. GE does a lot of good work on here and I respect that.

You realise "this forum" is just a very broad subsection of Raiders fans, yeah? So the way "the club" perceives "this forum" is essentially the way it perceives its very own fans, yeah?

You often have some very odd takes, Brew me old mate, but this is indeed one of the oddest.
Hahaha - not surprised this didn’t get a reply. You’d have to work a lot of angles to make an argument that only the frustrated, bitter raiders supporters reside here on the GH, while every other raiders fan is happy with life and thrilled with how everything is going.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

The race for a Pulitzer Prize has been run and won my friends. Hard hitting, insightful edgy journalism at its absolute best :roll:

In the wake of the Ricky Stuart post-match press conference, we need to ask: why do we have them?

Having spent many hours in NRL post-game press conferences, I can tell you they can be as joyous as a tooth extraction.

Read more: https://the-riotact.com/in-the-wake-of- ... hem/582749
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

I know of quite a few hardcore Raiders fans who are well aware of this forum but refuse to post because of the way certain people behave.

I'm also aware of a number of really good contributors who have basically been driven away because of the way they have been treated by a few people in particular.

It's the curse of every forum. This place would be a complete zoo if it wasn't moderated.

I've certainly had my run-ins at times. Thankfully you can block people if it starts getting too personal and boring, but from the outside looking in I'm very well aware that all of that crap is a complete turnoff.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk

-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Tim Gavels articles on riotact are basically cheer leading. Ricky is the Messiah, can do no wrong etc

basically if you bought Paul Kent from wish
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Seiffert82 wrote: August 10, 2022, 1:09 pm I know of quite a few hardcore Raiders fans who are well aware of this forum but refuse to post because of the way certain people behave.

I'm also aware of a number of really good contributors who have basically been driven away because of the way they have been treated by a few people in particular.

It's the curse of every forum. This place would be a complete zoo if it wasn't moderated.

I've certainly had my run-ins at times. Thankfully you can block people if it starts getting too personal and boring, but from the outside looking in I'm very well aware that all of that crap is a complete turnoff.
The ignore function is great. I used to read everything but once you've read the same locked in opinion 30 times and seen it turn up in unrelated posts it's much better just turning it off. Just turning 2 off made a big difference.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

-TW- wrote:Tim Gavels articles on riotact are basically cheer leading. Ricky is the Messiah, can do no wrong etc

basically if you bought Paul Kent from wish

Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

There will always be people attacking this site, there always has been.
They are mostly people who don't want to engage in critical assessment of the team and wish to simply cheer the team on, a real Putty "gotta support the team" vibe... and that's fine, that's them, every individual gets to choose how they go about their fandom. Some are happy just going to the games, or watching on tv, enjoying the ride and being a casual about it. Others are hardcore fans who just think blind loyal and support is how its done. Others get angry, irrational and silly, some, many on sites like this want to talk about, discuss, debate, argue about all facets of the club. I've been every one of those types and more over my years of support.

For sites like this of course you want to encourage them all to engage but if they don't want to, that's fine. It's not for everyone.

But let me tell you this, the site is fine. It's great actually and has been for many years thanks in large to the hard work put in by the admin and moderators who do a much better job of it than almost any other fan forum I've seen. I've had my own run ins and disagreements with them, but they're doing a great job.

And I feel I am uniquely qualified to say this, but this site serves the exact purpose it was made for. The site was never intended for everyone, this format is not everyone's cup of tea and it was never intended to be, but it is servicing the fans it was intended to service and it does a damn good job of it.

How does the club perceive this site?
I can't imagine they like it very much. Certainly in dealings between this forum and the club (granted many years ago now, i haven't been involved in running the site for years, so i cant speak for how it is now) it was clear they weren't big fans.

They're in a town and situation where absolutely no one has the guts to hold their feet to the fire, so i don't think they'd like a place like this where fans get to come here and actually talk about the failings of the clubs, the issues the club has, the poor decisions the club makes and the **** way it treats its fans.
They don't want that. They've got a whole organisational structure set up where by not even paying members get to have a damn voice.

As Nickman rightly points out, this is nothing more than broad subsection of Raiders fans, who choose this medium to talk football. If the club doesn't like this site, it's probably because there is too much criticism of the club on this board and that's probably because they're underperforming.

Wasn't much criticism of the club in 2019-20, i can tell you that.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Yeah they don't like the site. Neil Henry was a sook :lol: :lol:
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Seiffert82 wrote: August 10, 2022, 1:09 pm I know of quite a few hardcore Raiders fans who are well aware of this forum but refuse to post because of the way certain people behave.

For every poster you know that doesn't post anymore because of how certain people behave, I know one who doesn't post due to the way they perceive the moderation of the site.

And that's fine, everyone has their right to post or not post due to how they view the site, the moderation and the other contributors. Brew, for instance, obviously hates the site because it's not just filled with Rocky Stewart fanbois who cheer him down the straight no matter how poorly he as a coach and the team in general performs... and that's ok too.

But I largely agree with Botpigdick, the site is fairly well run and a great place for a good cross-section of raiders fans to pick apart every element of the football game coming up or the one that was completed last weekend. This forum is good for that, and I've met a lot of close friends through this site, I even got to say gidday to Brew on the Gold Coast for the first time since our (in)famous appearance on Sean Live after the Cronulla game in about 2016.
Last edited by The Nickman on August 10, 2022, 2:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

What a great post

Edit: Botman's, I mean. Nickman's was his usual dribble.

Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

zim wrote:

The ignore function is great. I used to read everything but once you've read the same locked in opinion 30 times and seen it turn up in unrelated posts it's much better just turning it off. Just turning 2 off made a big difference.
This is true. The hijacking of every thread imaginable to say the same thing over and over again is a real killer.

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

T_R wrote: August 10, 2022, 2:28 pm What a great post

Edit: Botman's, I mean. Nickman's was his usual dribble.
Booooooo
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Post by Woodgers »

T_R wrote: August 9, 2022, 9:21 pm
CRaid wrote: August 9, 2022, 8:25 pm That’ll learn him and his family, how dare he stand up for them, how dare he stand up for his autistic daughter.
Of all of this little kerfuffle, the idea that this is somehow related to Stuart's daughter is the part that gets me. For most people, it's the only thing they know about his private life, so they instantly make the leap, based on absolutely nothing.

The leap that Stuart is then somehow 'standing up' for his daughter by calling someone a 'dog' 10 years after something may or may not have happened is another impressive one, but I guess once you've talked yourself into A, then B kinda follows a bit, I guess.

Now both these narratives becoming accepted would suit Stuart very well, as to some it would give a vague sense of nobility to his otherwise infantile, petulant display, but I just can't see an iota of evidence for either.
Agree 100% T_R. I noticed that people leapt to the worst possible conclusion to justify mindlessly backing Ricky without any evidence, in fact if there was any at all it was something to do with football where the Dads exchanged words. I'm sure Buzz, Kenty and Hoops will have something up their sleeves just in case they need to embellish something to cover their drinking buddy while he stays nobly quiet....he's a top bloke like that and the opposite of a canine with stomach issues.

I said it a week or so ago, people (not so much GH but on broader SM platforms) have no ability to separate Ricky the player, Ricky the coach and Ricky the person. For me he gets credit when he does something decent, for example I loved his attitude in 2019 where he kept the talk around the team about taking responsibility and not making excuses which seems to have fallen off a cliff now, but these things need to be taken on their merit. I'm not a fan of mindlessly blasting the guy over everything, but this week especially i've seen people making up hypothetical scenarios to justify any reason to back him in because he's part of our organisation. It wasn't really a hard one, all the sideshows like what happened a decade ago or Salmon kicking out in the tackle don't absolve the coach bringing himself and the club into disrepute. He was a petulant man child and stepped over the mark of what a professional sporting coach should and it should be called out as such. It isn't taking the moral high ground to call it out for what it was, there are other ways to stick up for your players/family without that kind of outburst. He's showing signs of head coach doing the opposite to 2019, cracking under the pressure and looking to lash out at anything that deflects from the on field issues.
We continue to **** about with blokes that are part of some fraternity. It's infuriating.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

The Nickman wrote:

For every poster you know that doesn't post anymore because of how certain people behave, I know one who doesn't post due to the way they perceive the moderation of the site.

And that's fine, everyone has their right to post or not post due to how they view the site, the moderation and the other contributors. Brew, for instance, obviously hates the site because it's not just filled with Rocky Stewart fanbois who cheer him down the straight no matter how poorly he as a coach and the team in general performs... and that's ok too.

But I largely agree with Botpigdick, the site is fairly well run and a great place for a good cross-section of raiders fans to pick apart every element of the football game coming up or the one that was completed last weekend. This forum is good for that, and I've met a lot of close friends through this site, I even got to say gidday to Brew on the Gold Coast for the first time since our (in)famous appearance on Sean Live after the Cronulla game in about 2016.
Yep, I think the site is well regarded as a wonderful source of Raiders information too. Certainly no dispute there.

People will get out of it whatever they want regarding personal relationships (aka the Nickman Association Scale). Like any good social platform, the forum certainly facilitates those connections.

This is just a reflection on my part, as someone who loves a good discussion but can see how having opinions repeatedly jammed in each other's faces can be a huge turnoff.

Anyway, I digress. Back to getting Sticky sacked...

Woodgers
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Post by Woodgers »

How does the club perceive this site?
I can't imagine they like it very much. Certainly in dealings between this forum and the club (granted many years ago now, i haven't been involved in running the site for years, so i cant speak for how it is now) it was clear they weren't big fans.

They're in a town and situation where absolutely no one has the guts to hold their feet to the fire, so i don't think they'd like a place like this where fans get to come here and actually talk about the failings of the clubs, the issues the club has, the poor decisions the club makes and the **** way it treats its fans.
They don't want that. They've got a whole organisational structure set up where by not even paying members get to have a damn voice.
Spot on Botman, I imagine they don't like the critical analysis of the way they run their business.

For me I know a lot of hardcore Raiders fans that live and breathe it every week and we chat and exchange messages, but I feel like here when I'm discussing my thoughts and feelings on the club at least i'm talking to people that understand the issues at play. You don't really get that elsewhere, the commentary on say Facebook is...well, shocking. Full of people that think lucky players get lots of tries and the Raiders get beaten by the officials every week.

I know CRaid said the club wouldn't care about this site and don't bother with it, but that is as I expect. The sheer arrogance of not bothering to engage with the hardcore subset of the fans because it doesn't suit their inflated opinions of themselves is as sad as it is predictable. Arrogant comments that have floated around the game such as 'once you start listening to the fans you might as well sit with them" are old and outdated. There are a lot of very intelligent RL minds out there and they pick up useful information and ideas if given the light of day. Not saying anyone here is an NRL coach or CEO but the posters on here have broad skillsets and insights that shouldn't be completely dismissed.
We continue to **** about with blokes that are part of some fraternity. It's infuriating.