Panthers 13+
17%

Total votes: 12

radicalraider
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Daley

Re: 2022 Rd 21 V Panthers: Game Day

Post by radicalraider »

What's Ricky gna do when he finishes coaching without winning us a premiership..
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

T_R wrote:Whether or not it meets a legal definition of 'defamation' is neither here nor there. It was grotesque, petulant and a truly awful look for the Raiders.

If you had a kid looking towards an NRL future, would you see Stuart and think to yourself 'this is something I want to be a part of?'

I see a pathetic, whined little man with serious personality issues.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
By your own ideas of defamation Ricky now has grounds to sue you for it

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

radicalraider wrote: August 7, 2022, 11:27 am What's Ricky gna do when he finishes coaching without winning us a premiership..
Likely move to coaching director when Croker takes over as head coach.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Raider Azz wrote:
T_R wrote:Whether or not it meets a legal definition of 'defamation' is neither here nor there. It was grotesque, petulant and a truly awful look for the Raiders.

If you had a kid looking towards an NRL future, would you see Stuart and think to yourself 'this is something I want to be a part of?'

Nope - I was careful. Look at my phrasing.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

I’d like $10 for every time we hear a media crony or club spokesman says any of the following quotes this week:

“Ricky wears his heart on his sleeve”
“Family is everything to Ricky”
“That emotion is what we love about Ricky”
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Fisher-Harris and Cotric facing bans; Salmon facing a fine for kick; Tapine set to be fined for crusher

Panthers prop James Fisher-Harris is facing a 2-3 week ban for a high tackle on Ryan Sutton in last night's clash between Penrith and Canberra. The Grade 3 careless high tackle charge carries a two week suspension with an early guilty plea, three weeks if the charge is contested and fails at the judiciary.

Panthers five-eighth Jaeman Salmon was charged with a contrary conduct offence for a kick on Raiders hooker Tom Starling and faces a $1,000 fine with an early guilty plea ($1,500 if he contests and fails).

Raiders winger Nick Cotric will miss one match with an early guilty plea after he was charged with a Grade 2 careless high tackle. He will miss two games if he contests and is found guilty by the judiciary. Joe Tapine faces a $3,000 fine with an early plea for a Grade 1 crusher tackle on Fisher-Harris - two matches if he contests and is found guilty.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/03/13/jud ... t-charges/
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by yeh raiders »

T_R wrote: August 7, 2022, 10:51 am According to an article in the SMH, the comment came as a result of an incident in an under 12s game where Stuart's son and Salmon had a run in. Stuart then went and got into the 11 year old Salmon after the game, before being told to bugger off by Salmon's dad. Apparently the pair 'had to be separated'. At an under 12s game.

Yes, Stuart held a grudge over a decade against an 11 year old child.

He's not well.

That sums it up right there.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

greeneyed wrote:Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart apologises for astonishing outburst as 2010 incident revealed

Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart has apologised for making comments regarding Jaemon Salmon.

The Sydney Morning Herald reports Stuart's anger stems from an incident in 2010, when his son and Salmon were playing in the same under 12s team.

While the exact incident is not specified, the report claims Stuart - then Cronulla's NRL coach - was so incensed that he approached a young Salmon, whose father stood up for his son and almost got in a physical altercation with the rugby league legend.

Read more: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/live-score ... cial-NRLFS

The history between Stuart and Salmon that triggered ‘weak-gutted dog’ attack: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/reveal ... 5b7vc.html

NRL to investigate Raiders coach Ricky Stuart after labelling Panther Jaeman Salmon a 'weak-gutted dog'

Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart will be investigated by the NRL Integrity Unit after his controversial comments on Saturday night.

"Whenever there's an issue like this, we ask the integrity team to gather information and have a look at it," NRL CEO Andrew Abdo said.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... al-attack/

Raiders coach Ricky Stuart breaks silence on 'weak-gutted dog' comments, family history with Penrith Panther Jaeman Salmon: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14264
When an 'apology' is not really an apology.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Boomercm
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Joe Picker

Post by Boomercm »

Old School Green wrote: August 6, 2022, 9:51 pm
Billy Walker wrote: August 6, 2022, 9:47 pm
Old School Green wrote: August 6, 2022, 9:45 pm
Billy Walker wrote: August 6, 2022, 9:42 pm
Old School Green wrote: August 6, 2022, 9:39 pm If he breaks starling’s jaw; ruptures a testicle that’s ok…but Stuart calls out the grubby act and all of a sudden sack Ricky. Yeh that makes sense.
If Cotric decapitated Edwards, if Soliola killed Slater, if Young blinded someone- get a grip! Nothing excuses those comments
You got your opinion; I got mine; Stuart’s got his.
Fact. He kicked him. Twice. Once in the balls once in the face.
Fact. Stuart called him a weak dog for doing it.
Imo he is.
He actually said he had dealings with him growing up and he was a weak gutted dog as a kid and nothing has changed he’s a weak gutted dog as a person.

Just think on that and how you’d feel if it were your son
I’d be disappointed in my kid if he kicked someone in the face and balls.

Obviously you have a bigger problem with words calling it out than you do with the actions of doing it. Good for you. I’m fine with it being called out. Nothing more to say really.
it is different saying:

it was a weak dog act

vs.

saying he is a weak gutted dog, as a kid and adult

I would have been fine with the first comment. I think the 2nd is very poor
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Boomercm wrote:
Old School Green wrote: August 6, 2022, 9:51 pm
Billy Walker wrote: August 6, 2022, 9:47 pm
Old School Green wrote: August 6, 2022, 9:45 pm
Billy Walker wrote: August 6, 2022, 9:42 pm If Cotric decapitated Edwards, if Soliola killed Slater, if Young blinded someone- get a grip! Nothing excuses those comments
You got your opinion; I got mine; Stuart’s got his.
Fact. He kicked him. Twice. Once in the balls once in the face.
Fact. Stuart called him a weak dog for doing it.
Imo he is.
He actually said he had dealings with him growing up and he was a weak gutted dog as a kid and nothing has changed he’s a weak gutted dog as a person.

Just think on that and how you’d feel if it were your son
I’d be disappointed in my kid if he kicked someone in the face and balls.

Obviously you have a bigger problem with words calling it out than you do with the actions of doing it. Good for you. I’m fine with it being called out. Nothing more to say really.
it is different saying:

it was a weak dog act

vs.

saying he is a weak gutted dog, as a kid and adult

I would have been fine with the first comment. I think the 2nd is very poor
I would still have an issue with the million dollar a year 'face of the Raiders' communicating in public l Ike a meth addled lunatic at a train station, but yeah, a bit better I guess.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

Classic Rick playbook.

Blow up followed by an apology, keep it in the news cycle for a couple of days just to ensure the media has no way of focusing on how hopelessly inept he is as a head coach.

Rinse and repeat
Thomas Raider
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Thomas Raider »

Well I guess that is one way to deflect on a poor performance by your team!! In Ricky we trust....not :rant
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

1. He said it.
2. He doubled down on it post game.
3. He apologises that he shouldn’t have said it on that platform.

He doesn’t get it. He inevitably will need to apologise to Salmon but you’d have to question his sincerity. He’s sorry he said it - he doesn’t seem to think it is a incorrect opinion he holds he’s just sorry he said it. No clear if he is sorry for himself, the club, the fans, the NRL or perhaps even Salmon?
Finchy
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

Makes me wonder if the incident involving the young Salmon involved comments about Ricky's daughter. That would explain a lot about the harshness of Ricky's reaction and the fact that he held onto it for so long.

But you still don't SAY it in the press conference.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Hazza
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Adam Clydesdale

Post by Hazza »

Don't worry about the WGD comment, not enough being said about Rick's comments about our actual performance. Sitting there with that absolute **** imposter sitting next to him, he seemed to think we played well. Not sure what game he watched. We were **** dreadful and don't deserve to make the 8.
Riaan
John Ferguson

Post by Riaan »

T_R wrote: August 7, 2022, 11:36 am
Raider Azz wrote:

Nope - I was careful. Looking at my phrasing.

Calm down Erin Brockovich.
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

raiderskater wrote: August 7, 2022, 12:22 pm Makes me wonder if the incident involving the young Salmon involved comments about Ricky's daughter. That would explain a lot about the harshness of Ricky's reaction and the fact that he held onto it for so long.

But you still don't SAY it in the press conference.
What’s the point of even speculating about the incident? There is no excuse for Rick’s behaviour last night. None. Zero.

From where I’m sitting, you’ve got someone who has taken issue with something in the past and not addressed it face-to-face. But then has come out on his public platform where the other party doesn’t have any right of reply (btw, screw the organisation that puts him there and all the players that play for him, the great man has a personal axe to grind) and taken a shot, about something that he could have resolved years ago if he had any ability to interact with others like an adult.

Tell me who exactly the weak dog is in that scenario.
Last edited by Rickmando on August 7, 2022, 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Finchy wrote: August 7, 2022, 12:14 pm Image
:lol:
Yap
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Dave Leave Nothing In The Tank Shillington

Post by Yap »

Didn't take long for the Joel Monaghan based memes to start circulating :roflmao
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Roger Kenworthy wrote:
Seiffert82 wrote: August 7, 2022, 6:30 am Meanwhile, the performance by our lads wasn't great, but it did highlight how well drilled the Penrith defence is.

The conditions were pretty terrible for most of the game. Our handling at critical moments let us down. We were also never able to maintain any momentum as Penrith were very effective in slowing down the ruck.

I thought our short kicking game was excellent and our defence, apart from the missed tackles that led to tries was pretty solid. Like any good team, Penrith certainly punished us for our errors, and were able to defend theirs.

Our service out of dummy half at times was poor, and at time Fog and Jack cramped our attack laterally. By the end we were going sideways rather than straight and it showed.

Bit of a reality check and the "feud" gets ratcheted up another notch. Good times.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk
This match and the Rabbitohs making mincemeat of the Warriors showed we're still firmly on the third-tier of clubs. We didn't fire a shot, and as expected a player like CHN who is lauded when he carves up the Warriors was firing blanks against a top tier defence. Not that it's his fault, Starling and out halves don't know how to put quality defence under pressure and force them into decision making scenarios. Those 3 sets in a row later in the first half were embarassing when we tried to run over the top of 12-man Penrith for 18 tackles.

The Rabbits thrashing the Warriors when we went life and death with them was sobering.
I'm not sure what the tiers are, but the table suggests we're somewhere in the middle and Penrith are significantly better than everyone else. A bit like Melbourne were at their peak. Many teams in the middle of the pack are extremely hot and cold.

Which is what my eyes tell me when I watch the games.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk

yurithe1
David Furner
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by yurithe1 »

We've got four more games that must be won. That will get the team to 30 points on the table and squeeze into the top eight. The Dragons are a worry, but we've got them at home. Ditto Manly.

As for people saying the club won't do something about Ricky's comments, have all of you forgotten Monaghan, Carney, Dugan and Ferguson? The club did act and in two cases it came back to hurt us. Stuart has said he won't coach against the Raiders. So, that's not an issue here.

My guess is a fine. If the club stands him down while we're still in the hunt for the finals, then ... best I say nothing more.
Some people talk about the weather. Others do something about it.

MEMBER NO.: 4500 (before they changed the numbering system).
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Watching the discussion of the journalists on The Sunday Footy Show, it was suggested that the NRL had been considering standing a coach down for a game over post match comments this year. And suggested they might consider it again in this case.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

yurithe1 wrote:We've got four more games that must be won. That will get the team to 30 points on the table and squeeze into the top eight. The Dragons are a worry, but we've got them at home. Ditto Manly
Forget it. We are cooked.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

greeneyed wrote: August 7, 2022, 2:26 pm Watching the discussion of the journalists on The Sunday Footy Show, it was suggested that the NRL had been considering standing a coach down for a game over post match comments this year. And suggested they might consider it again in this case.
I think that would be appropriate. I guess the raiders got some coverage on the show this week.
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

greeneyed wrote: August 7, 2022, 2:26 pm Watching the discussion of the journalists on The Sunday Footy Show, it was suggested that the NRL had been considering standing a coach down for a game over post match comments this year. And suggested they might consider it again in this case.
Can they make the penalty to be 4 years? Would be beneficial for us as the lack of coaching and football smarts was evident again yesterday, just like for the last two years.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

It’s interesting the notion of the NRL or raiders launching an investigation into this issue.

It happened. He said those words - that is beyond all dispute! So what is to investigate? Regardless of what history exists is there anything that excuses the comments and the path Ricky took?

To me the notion of an investigation is more about monitoring sentiment, seeing which way commentators, fans and others fall on the issue and aligning appropriately. Followship rather than leadership!
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Hong Kong Raider wrote: August 7, 2022, 2:32 pm
Can they make the penalty to be 4 years? Would be beneficial for us as the lack of coaching and football smarts was evident again yesterday, just like for the last two years.
Hearing rumours the NRL might let Ricky off with a fine but plan to come down very hard on the club by demanding they extend him another 2 more years!
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

So why does salmon get a fine for kicking Starling twice when Rapana got suspended for a week? These are very similar incidents so why the difference in penalty?
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

pickles wrote:So why does salmon get a fine for kicking Starling twice when Rapana got suspended for a week? These are very similar incidents so why the difference in penalty?
Don't bother trying to work out how the match review committee works, you'll lose too many braincells

BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

pickles wrote:So why does salmon get a fine for kicking Starling twice when Rapana got suspended for a week? These are very similar incidents so why the difference in penalty?
Forgetting Ricky’s ridiculous outburst for a minute. How the hell does Salmon only get a fine for clear as day kicks to the groin and face. He only kicked out in the incident because he was hit in an excellent tackle. There was absolutely no excuse to kick out in his position.

Other players have had suspensions for kicks when the player hit was behind the kicker and near their feet.

Seems clear the MRC took Ricky’s stupidity as a reason to soften what should have been a strong charge.
RichmondRaider
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Jordy Raps

Post by RichmondRaider »

Let's get the senior official brains trust to get the word out - we're putting a big score on the dragons

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

gergreg wrote:
reptar wrote:
Hong Kong Raider wrote:Seems like EDIT from the below, but some of our guys have done stupid things as well. EDIT

Personal life

On October 14, 2018, it was reported that Salmon had crashed his white Jeep Cherokee into 3 parked cars before rolling onto its roof, stopping southbound traffic in Miranda in Sydney’s south. Salmon was taken to hospital for mandatory blood and urine testing before being released.[12]

On 5 December 2018, Salmon was charged with low range drink driving for the incident which occurred in October 2018. Salmon was ordered to complete a safe driving course and faced court in January 2019.[13]

On 17 January 2019, Salmon was fined $1500 and disqualified from driving for 6 months at Sutherland Local Court. The court heard Salmon was checking his phone when his Jeep Cherokee crossed onto the wrong side of the road, hit three parked cars before flipping onto its roof stopping traffic. The court also heard Salmon had been out clubbing in Cronulla and arrived on home at 3am, slept for 6 hours before waking at 9am to get breakfast and then buy a suit from Westfield Miranda when the crash occurred.[14]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaeman_Salmon
If that’s it, then Ricky has far worse things in his past.
You're not going to give us a history lesson on the Yamba drive traffic lights, are you Rep?

No need, really. Just a bit hypocritical. A LOT hypocritical.
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Because he kicked him twice. Second kick cancels the first one ya see
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

There isn't really good video coverage of it, but it is possible that Salmon's vision is obscured by the other tackler and just lashes out with his feet. But we all know how inconsistent the MRC is.

Shoving it in your face since 2017