Panthers 13+
17%

Total votes: 12

Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Re: 2022 Rd 21 V Panthers: Game Day

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

rayden83 wrote: August 6, 2022, 7:09 pm Watch us pile on 50 points next week against the Dragons and Stuart earn himself another contract extension
No, I think a Ben Hunt led Dragons will be too professional and beat us. Amone to score 2 tries.

Tapine is likely to be out or suspended as well.
thedevilingreen
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by thedevilingreen »

Can't wait for the stock standard Ricky presser. Paying $1.10 for all the classics.
Always be yourself.... Unless you can be batman.... Then you should always be batman
radicalraider
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by radicalraider »

Our spine is woeful.. can't crack quality teams line
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker

Ricky will blame the loss due to the massive injury toll - Hodgson, Croker, Savage, and HSS
Mercury
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Mercury »

benda wrote: August 6, 2022, 7:16 pm
Mercury wrote: August 6, 2022, 7:15 pm Well, there goes any chance of the 8. I'm actually glad. We don't deserve it.

Apparently we deserve a coach who wants to be friends with everyone and is too gutless to cut players and make hard decisions.

Not rolling over my membership anymore. Enough is enough.
We actually can still make it. Roosters have a tough finish.

Unless there is a massive improvement in attack. I agree. No point making the numbers.
Please God, no.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Unlucky...Hurting...bounce of the ball...it's the ref's fault...it's the fans fault...it's a rookies fault.

Sent from my SM-A536E using Tapatalk

This place is woke.
thedevilingreen
Alan Tongue

Post by thedevilingreen »

Question wrote: August 6, 2022, 7:21 pm Unlucky...Hurting...bounce of the ball...it's the ref's fault...it's the fans fault...it's a rookies fault.

He doesn't have savage to blame this week
Always be yourself.... Unless you can be batman.... Then you should always be batman
rayden83
Alan Tongue

Post by rayden83 »

PerthRaider86 wrote: August 6, 2022, 7:17 pm 41 tackles inside the opponent twenty

Scores one try
We didnt even look like scoring. Starlings distribution is awful, as soon as he gets his hands on the balls our cohesion and line speed go out the window. He simply lacks the fundamentals of a first grade hooker.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

rayden83 wrote: August 6, 2022, 7:22 pm
PerthRaider86 wrote: August 6, 2022, 7:17 pm 41 tackles inside the opponent twenty

Scores one try
We didnt even look like scoring. Starlings distribution is awful, as soon as he gets his hands on the balls our cohesion and line speed go out the window. He simply lacks the fundamentals of a first grade hooker.
Make no mistakes ladies and gentleman, that is THE story of this game... the Panthers were well off their game in attack, and fair enough given the outs... but we simply werent remotely good enough to break down their defence in attack. Not even close to being good enough
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker

As a fan, who's watching from Chicago at 230 am on a business trip, that was pathetic.

We didn't look coherent or organised. Huddo and others were kicking on the last. We had no answers in attack - didn't trouble anyone - even with their 12 men in the first half.

Penrith are unlikeable and arrogant but their reserves are better than our starters. I don't think we beat them even if Yeo and Api were out.

If Stuart couldn't even get our side and tactics right for such an important game then he should leave. Mick Crawley is a myth as well.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

Jesus Christ. That was just all-round awful.

We didn't capitalise on our fast start. The Whitehead error was a turning point. But the other momentum shifter was that absolutely disgraceful captain's challenge from the bunker. We couldn't buy a penalty or six again. The difference in ruck speed was disgusting, Penrith were allowed to hold down with impunity. We were fighting Penrith, Atkins, and ourselves as we kept turning the ball over.

And then it was like we used up all our creative fire and excitement in that first ten minutes and nothing happened in the second half.

We're gonna miss Taps if he has to miss any game time.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

Jesus Christ. That was just all-round awful.

We didn't capitalise on our fast start. The Whitehead error was a turning point. But the other momentum shifter was that absolutely disgraceful captain's challenge from the bunker. We couldn't buy a penalty or six again. The difference in ruck speed was disgusting, Penrith were allowed to hold down with impunity. We were fighting Penrith, Atkins, and ourselves as we kept turning the ball over.

And then it was like we used up all our creative fire and excitement in that first ten minutes and nothing happened in the second half.

We're gonna miss Taps if he has to miss any game time.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker

rayden83 wrote: August 6, 2022, 7:22 pm

Scores one try
He's not intelligent enough to capitalise and his passing is below average - count how many times his passes hit the ground. He's a poor man's Kurt Baptiste, just a running dummy half. I think J Marshall King is even better than him.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

raiderskater wrote:Jesus Christ. That was just all-round awful.
I blame you skater! They lost because you weren’t there! Image
GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

Oh well…at least I can go back to blissfully not giving a **** about this season… last few weeks reeled me in…sucker that I am.
Elcaptcroker
David Grant
Favourite Player: Jarrod croker

Post by Elcaptcroker »

How many times this year have we been kept to 1 try?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Raiders beaten by the team with the best defence in the league. Even without the attacking stars they apply pressure when they don't have the ball. The Raiders forced Penrith into a lot of line drop outs but ball control was not good in the conditions. Dylan Edwards was defensively brilliant in fielding the ball. He was smashed by Kris and CHN and was injured but focused on doing his job like a professional footballer in a professional footy team. Congrats to the Panthers. This is the difference between playing last years Premiers (even missing some players) and playing sides like the Titans. How good was the kicking game of the Panthers stand-in half. Yes he put a couple out on the full but mostly he kicked long and accurate. We have a long way to go to make the 8 let alone be competitive with sides like the Panthers.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Question wrote: August 6, 2022, 7:21 pm Unlucky...Hurting...bounce of the ball...it's the ref's fault...it's the fans fault...it's a rookies fault.

But mainly the refs fault
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker

thedevilingreen wrote: August 6, 2022, 7:22 pm

He doesn't have savage to blame this week
He'll blame something other than himself. It will be a 2 min presser as he's always salty when beaten by a better team. Time to look in the mirror Ricky and devote to your charity full time.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

gangrenous wrote: August 6, 2022, 7:28 pm
raiderskater wrote:Jesus Christ. That was just all-round awful.
I blame you skater! They lost because you weren’t there! Image
Look I didn’t want to point fingers and not often Gangers and I agree but they missed you tonight Skater! Stay well hey!
rayden83
Alan Tongue

Post by rayden83 »

radicalraider wrote: August 6, 2022, 7:20 pm Our spine is woeful.. can't crack quality teams line
Our roster simply isnt good enough. Can we honestly say Timoko, Kris, Savage, Fogarty, Starling etc are long term first graders? Sure they shine against the garbage teams like Titans but they get found out by the quality teams. Then throw a potatoe like Whitehead into the mix, who hasnt had a good game in three years, and you can see why we struggle against elite sides.

But we will beat Dragons next week and Raiders MGMT will be convinced all is well and our season is back on track. :roll:
PerthRaider86
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii - Alan Tongue

Post by PerthRaider86 »

We will be nowhere near the finals, let alone the grand final again while Ricky Stuart is the coach of this team
Perth Based Raiders Fan
Greengoblin
Gerry De La Cruz
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Greengoblin »

I feel for the crowd. I’m sure they’re still waiting for the “ambush”
Raider of d Lost Ark
Brett Mullins

Post by Raider of d Lost Ark »

Elliot Whitehead
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

rayden83 wrote: August 6, 2022, 7:31 pm
radicalraider wrote: August 6, 2022, 7:20 pm Our spine is woeful.. can't crack quality teams line
Our roster simply isnt good enough. Can we honestly say Timoko, Kris, Savage, Fogarty, Starling etc are long term first graders? Sure they shine against the garbage teams like Titans but they get found out by the quality teams. Then throw a potatoe like Whitehead into the mix, who hasnt had a good game in three years, and you can see why we struggle against elite sides.

But we will beat Dragons next week and Raiders MGMT will be convinced all is well and our season is back on track. :roll:
Leave Timoko out of this.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Ilanraiders
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Rubenrunlikeatrainandhitlikeatruckwiki!

Post by Ilanraiders »

Season over with Tapine out!!
"Learn to appreciate what you have, before time makes you appreciate what you had"!! RAIDERSTILLIDIE!!
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

rayden83 wrote: August 6, 2022, 7:31 pm

The man speaks truth
Raider of d Lost Ark
Brett Mullins

In hindsight, was putting CNK at fullback a better move than giving Raps a run back there?

Poor guy looked old and slow tonight.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Cotric is not the answer to any good questions. Dogs made the right call on him but I suspect we will be loyal for a loooooong time celebrating his occasional good game and excusing his many below par performances against good opposition.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Raider of d Lost Ark wrote: August 6, 2022, 7:36 pm In hindsight, was putting CNK at fullback a better move than giving Raps a run back there?

100% but i dont think that option was available to us.
I really dont understand why CNK isnt one of the last guys to be culled from the line up myself, but that's stuart for you.
Raider47
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Matt Timoko

Post by Raider47 »

Botman wrote: August 6, 2022, 7:37 pm
Raider of d Lost Ark wrote: August 6, 2022, 7:36 pm In hindsight, was putting CNK at fullback a better move than giving Raps a run back there?

I really dont understand why CNK isnt one of the last guys to be culled from the line up myself, but that's stuart for you.
It'd have made a difference of perhaps one try saving attempt in defence let's be real.

We really think CNK would have helped solve the issue of squandering 41 opportunities in their 20?
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

He doesn’t look old and slow, he is old and slow, but he has credit in the bank which counts for plenty at this club so we will keep picking and extending him like the loyal employer we are
Raider of d Lost Ark
Brett Mullins

Botman wrote:

Yep. Doing the Warriors a favor now…… keeping him injury free.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Rapana isn’t our issue here guys.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Raider47 wrote: August 6, 2022, 7:39 pm
Botman wrote: August 6, 2022, 7:37 pm

It'd have made a difference of perhaps one try saving attempt in defence let's be real.

We really think CNK would have helped solve the issue of squandering 41 opportunities in their 20?
He'd have made it worse. No question about that.
The game is closer with CNK i'd wager but we're not sniffing winning it.