NFL Thread

From cricket to motor sports to wrestling and anything in between

Moderator: GH Moderators

Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Re: NFL Thread

Post by Botman »

Northern Raider wrote: August 4, 2022, 7:07 am Interesting question raised about the Dolphins penalty for tampering. How does Brady and his agent escape penalty too? These talks were a two way street.
Apparently the onus is purely on the clubs... there is sort of tacit acceptance that players and agents will do what is in their best interests and it's up to the clubs to shut it down and say "No, this is tampering, we cant have this talk"

i mean it's all a bit eye rolling anyways, tampering in the NFL is absolutely rife :lol:
But i think you're right about the old Al Capone trial analogy
CREATE PROCEDURE BotMan_Post AS
SELECT * FROM Previous_Post
EXEC quote_post
WHERE UserName = 'Aknalkfgnaa' OR 'Yeah Raiders' OR 'Billy B'
EXEC RAND(good_grief; cheak_notes; uh82cit;)

GO;
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Wighton, Croker, Hodgson

Post by Matt »

The Steelers listed QB Mitch Trubisky as the starter on their initial depth chart. :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao

Steelers’ QB Mason Rudolph is listed as the backup and rookie QB Kenny Pickett is third string.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Matt wrote: August 6, 2022, 2:58 pm The Steelers listed QB Mitch Trubisky as the starter on their initial depth chart. :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao

Steelers’ QB Mason Rudolph is listed as the backup and rookie QB Kenny Pickett is third string.
Probably about right. They drafted a guy in the 1st round whose tape suggests he's not as good as the other two QBs on their roster.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Firmly in the "its just training camp" but AJ Brown is apparently lighting up camp, and Jordan Davis has a rep on twitter where he's just walking our 2nd round centre back with ease... which could be viewed in one of two ways, and i side firmly on "Cam Jurgens is good and holy ****, Jordan Davis is a monster" but homers gotta homer.
EXEC quote_post

GO;
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Ravens unbeaten preseason streak continues. Haven't lost since 2015. 21 straight games
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Matt wrote: August 12, 2022, 9:50 pm Ravens unbeaten preseason streak continues. Haven't lost since 2015. 21 straight games
And 19-1-1 against the spread! :lol:
Outrageous streak
EXEC quote_post

GO;
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Really happy with the Eagles first pre season game
The thing to look for imo is do the rookies look the part and on that front:

- Cam Jurgens had i think one bad rep where he got over powered in a bull rush, but he carved out a huge hole on the goal line to help punch in a TD, and when he pulls and is in space, its really easy to see the Kelce comps. There was a a screen pass to Sanders in the opening series and it was like watching Kelce... Fluidly got up to the 2nd level, picked up a body and blacked him back into the goal line

- Jordan Davis is going to be a problem. Not sure how many snaps he'll get because his motor. But you're not running on him and he showed in the first pre season game that he's capable of impacting the passing game.

- It was said Nakobe Dean had some injury that might rule him out for his first season which is why he fell. No signs of that in game 1. He was flying around, and making plays. Excited to have him and Kyzir White finally put some NFL talent in the Eagles LB room.
EXEC quote_post

GO;
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Botman wrote: August 15, 2022, 10:22 am Really happy with the Eagles first pre season game
The thing to look for imo is do the rookies look the part and on that front:

- Cam Jurgens had i think one bad rep where he got over powered in a bull rush, but he carved out a huge hole on the goal line to help punch in a TD, and when he pulls and is in space, its really easy to see the Kelce comps. There was a a screen pass to Sanders in the opening series and it was like watching Kelce... Fluidly got up to the 2nd level, picked up a body and blacked him back into the goal line

- Jordan Davis is going to be a problem. Not sure how many snaps he'll get because his motor. But you're not running on him and he showed in the first pre season game that he's capable of impacting the passing game.

- It was said Nakobe Dean had some injury that might rule him out for his first season which is why he fell. No signs of that in game 1. He was flying around, and making plays. Excited to have him and Kyzir White finally put some NFL talent in the Eagles LB room.
I was big on Jurgens heading into the draft and thought he'd be great for Dolphins at the back end of the 3rd. Mid 2nd round was higher than expected although it seems like "positional value" for centres is going up lately. Reckon Creed Humphrey had some influence there. I always thought Centres were undervalued at draft time so the market could be correcting itself.

Overall I thought the Eagles nailed the draft this year. On top of some good veteran acquisitions I'd call them locks for NFC East and will be a genuine threat in playoffs too. A lot will ride on Hurts becoming a consistent NFL calibre QB. He doesn't need to be another Pat Mahomes as most of the other pieces are in place. Overall a well balanced roster.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Botman wrote: August 13, 2022, 9:43 am
Matt wrote: August 12, 2022, 9:50 pm Ravens unbeaten preseason streak continues. Haven't lost since 2015. 21 straight games
And 19-1-1 against the spread! :lol:
Outrageous streak
:lol:
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

What I know about the Cowboys game...
17 penalties for 129yds... ooph! Horrible.

We had possibly 4 starters on offence, but they played between a quarter and a half of footy. 3 were offensive line.

Smith pancakes people! Had a few. However, he got 2 holds (1 was 100% BS - think The Blindside, flagged for "excessive blocking") and contributed to a sack.

Turpin and Housten are turning heads. They look like making the roster.

Tolbert was better at the combined training than the game apparently.

Running game went at 5 a carry. Pretty good with a no name OL and no name RBs.

We had 2 or 3 possible starters on D... the rookies.

Williams got a dodgey roughing the passer call.

Joseph got beat... a lot apparently. In danger of being cut too.

Run D conceded 32yds. They gave up 200+ to Denver last yr. Yes, reserves vs NFL, but still.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

It's always the bad raiders seasons that have me itching for NFL more
Doing a ton of fantasy drafts at the moment and I am at a fever pitch for NFL season.
EXEC quote_post

GO;