2020 NRL Round 19: Teams and Game Day

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

Raoul Duke
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Papalii

Re: 2020 NRL Round 19: Teams and Game Day

Post by Raoul Duke »

gergreg wrote: July 25, 2022, 2:02 pm
Raoul Duke wrote:
yeh raiders wrote: July 25, 2022, 11:59 am Surely the Tigers players have every right to run toward the ball. That cannot be illegal, regardless of whose path they block on the way there. Has to be the worst decision you’ll see in a long time, directly ruining a game of football.
This. There was clearly no intent to impede the player, he had nothing but eyes for the ball. Saying that he must take a straight direct line to the ball is absolutely absurd.
Disagree, of course there is intent to block the chaser, its been happening for years... croker used to be a very good kick chaser until the opposition just completely blocked him from running the line ... but it's a minefield to adjudicate on so they just turn a blind eye to it. I think the rule is if you are 'tracking' towards the ball then it is ok. But referees can't judge whether for example a player is impacted by sunlight and chooses a different line to take.
He didn't try to impede any specific player or players though, like I said he was watching the ball when the Cowboys player deliberately ran into him and flailed around like an idiot to get the penalty. It needs to be a question of intent, that's the only way this can be adjudicated fairly. Otherwise it just promotes diving, and no one wants to see that in the game.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Re: 2020 NRL Round 19: Teams and Game Day

Post by bonehead »

Seiffert82 wrote:
greeneyed wrote:One thing worth noting from NRL 360 tonight… the Cowboys player, Valentine Holmes, kicked off from over the halfway mark at the end. He ran over the halfway line to perform the short kick off. The bunker missed that as well. It should not have even gone to the obstruction play.

Putting aside the fact the challenge should never have been permitted. And the obstruction call was wrong.
I think Tamou tried to challenge that very thing on the field and was basically told to bugger off by the referee.

It was a complete shambles all round.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk
Annesley addressed that, kicker can't be offside

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer