Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Re: Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad to join the Warriors in 2023

Post by Billy Walker »

dubby wrote: July 13, 2022, 10:19 pm
The Nickman wrote: July 8, 2022, 3:54 pm
Billy Walker wrote: July 8, 2022, 2:20 pm
The Nickman wrote: July 8, 2022, 10:09 am
Botman wrote: July 8, 2022, 9:42 am Its pretty funny people still think players don't know the **** fans say about them on the internet :lol:

Like I'm sure there is some athletes who have the discipline/don't care enough to not to google or dive into their mentions/comments sections, or not listen to the audio coverage, but even those guys and girls have friends and family who are going to to reading and reporting back. But I don't think it's many. It's the internet age, most of them live on their phones like the rest of us. They know what is being said.

And this site has had many interactions with the club itself regarding some matters, so we know they monitor it on some level.
Exactly, well said. And that's why it really pisses me off when a player gets deathridden into the ground on this forum, it becomes a snowball effect and almost always their form starts to get worse and worse and it ends up becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy.

You wish the players could have the discipline to not read these forums or not let it get to them, but it's just not a realistic expectation... players are human, after all.
Interesting, because on the other side of the coin when it’s been suggested that pages of dribble about referees bias, NRL bias and unconscious bias is really establishing a culture of excuses and no accountability in the club it’s said the views of supporters don’t influence the club :hmmm
The views of supporters DON'T influence the club. I'll bet you anything Donny and the boys on the board don't pay this forum a single lick of notice.
You weren't around when the club pulled in a few people from here IRT some posts made around the Neil Henry era
:roflmao
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

dubby wrote:
Botman wrote: July 8, 2022, 9:42 am Its pretty funny people still think players don't know the **** fans say about them on the internet :lol:

Like I'm sure there is some athletes who have the discipline/don't care enough to not to google or dive into their mentions/comments sections, or not listen to the audio coverage, but even those guys and girls have friends and family who are going to to reading and reporting back. But I don't think it's many. It's the internet age, most of them live on their phones like the rest of us. They know what is being said.

And this site has had many interactions with the club itself regarding some matters, so we know they monitor it on some level.
Exactly, well said. And that's why it really pisses me off when a player gets deathridden into the ground on this forum, it becomes a snowball effect and almost always their form starts to get worse and worse and it ends up becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy.

You wish the players could have the discipline to not read these forums or not let it get to them, but it's just not a realistic expectation... players are human, after all.
Yet you constantly bash Ricky :hmmm
You think it’s the same thing? You think constant criticism of a coach can affect the way he coaches? You think it causes him to lose confidence and have bad games?

Also, I don’t “constantly bash him” at all. I give credit where it’s due (re: 2016, 2019) and I call him out for his poor efforts (2017, 2018, 2021, 2022). Right now he’s smack bang in the middle of one of his poorer efforts

To say I constantly bash him is just plain ridiculous
Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Raiders_Pat »

The Nickman wrote: July 14, 2022, 6:02 am
dubby wrote:
You think it’s the same thing? You think constant criticism of a coach can affect the way he coaches?
👀
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

The Nickman wrote:
dubby wrote:
Botman wrote: July 8, 2022, 9:42 am Its pretty funny people still think players don't know the **** fans say about them on the internet Image

You think it’s the same thing? You think constant criticism of a coach can affect the way he coaches? You think it causes him to lose confidence and have bad games?

Also, I don’t “constantly bash him” at all. I give credit where it’s due (re: 2016, 2019) and I call him out for his poor efforts (2017, 2018, 2021, 2022). Right now he’s smack bang in the middle of one of his poorer efforts

you mocked him leading into 2019 and when it panned out you claimed genius

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

bonehead wrote: July 14, 2022, 7:33 am
The Nickman wrote:
dubby wrote:
Botman wrote: July 8, 2022, 9:42 am Its pretty funny people still think players don't know the **** fans say about them on the internet Image

you mocked him leading into 2019 and when it panned out you claimed genius

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
I mean sure, if you want to rewrite history that's EXACTLY what happened haha
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

For crying out loud, stop bashing Sticky, Nicky.

We're trying to win some games here.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Seiffert82 wrote: July 14, 2022, 1:57 pm For crying out loud, stop bashing Sticky, Nicky.

Yeah, my constant deathriding is obviously affecting the way he rotates his bench and the awful attacking structures we have.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

The Nickman wrote:
Seiffert82 wrote: July 14, 2022, 1:57 pm For crying out loud, stop bashing Sticky, Nicky.

Yeah, my constant deathriding is obviously affecting the way he rotates his bench and the awful attacking structures we have.
That’s exactly what Ricky complained to me about last week.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

The Nickman wrote: July 14, 2022, 2:27 pm

According to your own logic, people criticising players has a detrimental affect on them so...

Look. Ricky cops A LOT of flack. Some deservedly, some not.

These players cop a lot of attention, negative and positive. Emotion gets the better of fans at times. Gosh, I think we have all made comments that later we think ....why did I say that :opps .

I am not a huge fan of Fogarty right now, but I am hoping and willing him to do well. Because we NEED him to do well if we have any hope of making the semis.

I am not a fan of Semi. I think he is a squad filler at best and would not miss him if he left tomorrow. But when he runs out I cheer hard for him because I actually want to see him play well.

I think I have just used a lot of words to say that I agree that sometimes fans can reach too far in their criticism of players and coach alike.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

dubby wrote: July 14, 2022, 3:28 pm
The Nickman wrote: July 14, 2022, 2:27 pm

According to your own logic, people criticising players has a detrimental affect on them so...

Look. Ricky cops A LOT of flack. Some deservedly, some not.

These players cop a lot of attention, negative and positive. Emotion gets the better of fans at times. Gosh, I think we have all made comments that later we think ....why did I say that :opps .

I am not a huge fan of Fogarty right now, but I am hoping and willing him to do well. Because we NEED him to do well if we have any hope of making the semis.

I am not a fan of Semi. I think he is a squad filler at best and would not miss him if he left tomorrow. But when he runs out I cheer hard for him because I actually want to see him play well.

I think I have just used a lot of words to say that I agree that sometimes fans can reach too far in their criticism of players and coach alike.
Yeah, I stopped reading when you got to the word "logic", but I certainly agree with whatever it is you said, Chief
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

‘Cut me up’: Heartbreaking moment Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad knew he had to leave Canberra Raiders

Canberra star Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad has opened up on his decision to return to the Warriors. While Nicoll-Klokstad, 27, has loved his time in Canberra, the influence of family and friends back in New Zealand lead him to making the decision to go home.

“I went back for Christmas and my oldest boy said to me ‘daddy I didn’t know when I was going to see you again’. That just cut me up pretty bad.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... fa03f88648
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

Was a great show on Fox the other night. Probably a bit of a surprise that they would do a show like that on someone who is not that high profile.

I am sure Assembly and a few other areas around Braddon were pleased with the (presumably) free publicity.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

I watched it, enjoyed it.

His 2019 will never be forgotten.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

-PJ- wrote:I watched it, enjoyed it.

His 2019 will never be forgotten.
I enjoyed it too. The program was also a love letter to Lonsdale St and Haig park which looked great on the show.

You could see CNK’s eyes mist over when discussion moved to family, teammates and the 2019 grand final loss which obviously still stung.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

I don't think there's a single Raiders fan who doesn't want to see Charnze go well at the Warriors. I reckon he'll still get a cheer when he plays at Bruce too. Good bloke.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Well, there’s afgtnk…
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

BadnMean wrote:I don't think there's a single Raiders fan who doesn't want to see Charnze go well at the Warriors. I reckon he'll still get a cheer when he plays at Bruce too. Good bloke.
Yeah, there's not too many players who fall into that category. Josh Miller springs to mind and Troy Thompson, but can't think of any others.

raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

He'll always be welcome back here, you can't be mad at him for leaving when his little boy asks that question.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Finchy
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

I wouldn’t be mad at him for leaving even if there weren’t issues relating to seeing his kids.

I think we’d fully squeezed the “CNK lemon” dry and got as much out of him as we could. He’s an all-effort player, but his limitations under the high ball and ball playing, and his increased error rate really affirmed that we needed to go in a different direction at fullback.

He also probably needed a change of scenery and to get some confidence back. It think him moving on is what was best for both parties, with no hard feelings either way.
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

gangrenous wrote:Well, there’s afgtnk… Image
Yeah but we've been winning lately so he's conveniently gone missing

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

BadnMean wrote: September 14, 2022, 4:55 pm I don't think there's a single Raiders fan who doesn't want to see Charnze go well at the Warriors. I reckon he'll still get a cheer when he plays at Bruce too. Good bloke.
I think i've been one of the more vocal posters about his on field limitations and why we needed to move in another direction at fullback and i have absolutely nothing but love and respect for the guy and wish him nothing but success. Just one of the best blokes in RL. Im glad he's going home to his family.
He should get big cheer when he returns.
Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Post by Postman Pat »

raiderskater wrote:He'll always be welcome back here, you can't be mad at him for leaving when his little boy asks that question.
You also can’t be mad at him for leaving due to football terms either.

He’s well and truly down the perking here order now, the Warriors don’t have many options at the back. It works for him in both respects of family and football.

I wish him well, I hope he can add years of NRL football to his career.
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
RomfordRaider
Gerry De La Cruz
Favourite Player: Corey Harawira-Naera

Post by RomfordRaider »

Quite clearly a great guy off the pitch. I couldn’t imagine how difficult it is to be away from your young kids on an almost permanent basis. Hope he does great things at the Warriors.