Total votes: 13

Drandyt
Noa Nadruku
Favourite Player: Terry Campese

Re: 2022 Rd 16 V Dragons: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by Drandyt »

Raider Azz wrote: July 1, 2022, 2:14 pm
Drandyt wrote:
-PJ- wrote: June 30, 2022, 4:47 pm Just watched the 2016 game at Kogarah, the one that went into golden point.

The floodlights blew, and Jack threw the best intercept pass ever for the Aiken try.
Why would you do that to yourself??
Only moment from that game i remember is Blake Austin getting socked in the face by Joel Thompson, lying down with blood streaming out of his nose and is told to get up and play the ball. Infuriating game.

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk
A more infuriating game was against the warriors at Bruce, we were ahead by 7 with about five minutes to go and Johnson kicked like a million field goals to get the Warriors home.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart to Charnze his arm with Nicoll-Klokstad plan

Raiders coach Ricky Stuart revealed he doesn't have a set plan for using Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad off the bench.

"I've got my middles playing big minutes at the moment and that gives me the opportunity to put an outside back on the bench and only two middles with a hooker. This year we've had an outside back on the bench a number of times and I reckon 80 per cent of the time I've had to use him through HIA or injury.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

The Nickman wrote:God, Canberra home fans are the absolute worst... go to any away game in Qld and it's packed with Raiders fans who have travelled from all over the state, go to Canberra and they all stay home and complain about their seven minute commute.
Come on now nickman, you weren't even going to turn up at magic round until your friends dragged you to the game

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

But what if a forward goes down with a HIA Ricky...
Green Machine 2011
Simon Woolford

Post by Green Machine 2011 »

Canberra Milk wrote: July 2, 2022, 1:51 pm But what if a forward goes down with a HIA Ricky...
And having the forwards play big minutes, does he not think that contributes to us ‘fading’ in the second half.

CHN has clearly done something despite being recently extended for 3 years. He covers a back line injury by slitting into centre.

He also can be used to sub off whitehead (who can’t play 80) or generally be cover for injury, HIA of fatigue in the forwards.

No brainer to me. But he must have done something off field
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Green Machine 2011 wrote: July 2, 2022, 2:22 pm
Canberra Milk wrote: July 2, 2022, 1:51 pm But what if a forward goes down with a HIA Ricky...
And having the forwards play big minutes, does he not think that contributes to us ‘fading’ in the second half.

CHN has clearly done something despite being recently extended for 3 years. He covers a back line injury by slitting into centre.

He also can be used to sub off whitehead (who can’t play 80) or generally be cover for injury, HIA of fatigue in the forwards.

I'd say it is more about what he's doing on field. In NSW Cup last round, in 65 minutes, he made five runs for 29 metres, one tackle break, two hit ups, 21 tackles, two missed, three ineffective, 81 per cent tackle efficiency, two penalties conceded. Little doubt in my mind he's been sent back to work on some things in NSW Cup and he's not responding on field at least.
Green Machine 2011
Simon Woolford

greeneyed wrote: July 2, 2022, 2:39 pm

I'd say it is more about what he's doing on field. In NSW Cup last round, in 65 minutes, he made five runs for 29 metres, one tackle break, two hit ups, 21 tackles, two missed, three ineffective, 81 per cent tackle efficiency, two penalties conceded. Little doubt in my mind he's been sent back to work on some things in NSW Cup and he's not responding on field at least.
Thanks for the insight GE, that is interesting.

I don’t remember him deserved of being dropped in the first place, and if anything, was one of our more potent attacking weapons. Perhaps it was to a work on his defensive game.

But those are horrible numbers for reserve grade though! Maybe he’s stinking it up because he feels better than a reserve grade player, but that shows bad attitude.

Our back row needs a revamp by the sounds of thing (ie in terms of recruitment).

EDIT: I still feel like he’s a better use of a bench spot then CNK for the reasons I initially said.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Green Machine 2011 wrote: July 2, 2022, 2:45 pm I don’t remember him deserved of being dropped in the first place, and if anything, was one of our more potent attacking weapons. Perhaps it was to a work on his defensive game.
I'd say it was almost certainly defence and discipline.

I don't disagree about having both a hooker and a back on the bench. If you're doing that, one or both hookers has to be able to cover a back row spot. Or if you've got two hookers, you need a bench forward who can cover centre at least. It is little wonder the team tires in the second half.
Green Machine 2011
Simon Woolford

greeneyed wrote: July 2, 2022, 2:46 pm
Green Machine 2011 wrote: July 2, 2022, 2:45 pm I don’t remember him deserved of being dropped in the first place, and if anything, was one of our more potent attacking weapons. Perhaps it was to a work on his defensive game.
I'd say it was almost certainly defence and discipline.

I don't disagree about having both a hooker and a back on the bench. If you're doing that, one or both hookers has to be able to cover a back row spot. Or if you've got two hookers, you need a bench forward who can cover centre at least. It is little wonder the team tires in the second half.
Agreed, which is why I don’t mind the idea of a true utility player. Someone like an Adam Keighran - I’m not suggesting him or that he’s elite, but a player who can legitimately cover hooker, halves and centre and do it competently.

Thats 2 spots into 1 (Starling and the back bench).

That allows us to carry 3 forwards on the bench. Will keep us fresh at the end of games.

Yes Stick, we got big minute players, that’s great, but we are undoubtedly ‘faders’ and there is a connection between the two. Our use of the bench a large part of our undoing.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Green Machine 2011 wrote: July 2, 2022, 2:45 pm
greeneyed wrote: July 2, 2022, 2:39 pm

Thanks for the insight GE, that is interesting.

I don’t remember him deserved of being dropped in the first place, and if anything, was one of our more potent attacking weapons. Perhaps it was to a work on his defensive game.

But those are horrible numbers for reserve grade though! Maybe he’s stinking it up because he feels better than a reserve grade player, but that shows bad attitude.

Our back row needs a revamp by the sounds of thing (ie in terms of recruitment).

EDIT: I still feel like he’s a better use of a bench spot then CNK for the reasons I initially said.
Just on how CHN goes in reggies when he IS putting in 100%... the first time he was dropped this year I remember he put in a massive game- ran for 180 metres, scored tries, laid on tries for others etc. There's no doubt he carves reserve grade up most weeks if he wants to (as opposed to say a Guler or someone who goes back and just kind of produces solid numbers).

He's been treated very weirdly this season imo. He's either making the kind of misses Stuart hates backrowers to make (even though at times, all our backrowers have had games they've been towelled up in defensively, and more often than CHN too) or it's something off field.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders fullback Xavier Savage returns to where his NRL career didn't begin

Xavier Savage will finally play his first official NRL game at Wollongong on Sunday.

"He's come a long way. The only way you can develop a young player in first grade is by playing them," Stuart said. "He's done all the development work he needs to do from a training point of view. He's still got a lot of learning to do as a fullback.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

Bloody hell ricky…..
Ilanraiders
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Rubenrunlikeatrainandhitlikeatruckwiki!

Post by Ilanraiders »

Sticky u need help!!!
Playing them? Before it was a different story
"Learn to appreciate what you have, before time makes you appreciate what you had"!! RAIDERSTILLIDIE!!