The Eye of the Tornado

The social club of The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

The Eye of the Tornado

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

The Nickman wrote:Forgive me if I’m wrong here, but wasn’t it GE that made the thread?
Yeah it was made at JoshJacksonsHead’s request in the Adam Elliott thread
Joshjacksonshead wrote:Friends - after much fact finding , and digging for certain truths we have been accepted by the two true overlords , the chosen ones of the forum , now we won’t say their names we will whisper them , greeneyed and joshjacksonshead , we have decided to start rating posters, seeing we are posters of the people and the people need heroes , now could someone from management please create a brand new topic , we will call it The Eye of the Tornado, I will start telling you you how to moderate it from tomorrow, if it if set up to my satisfaction
Last edited by FuiFui BradBrad on June 23, 2022, 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Re: The Eye of the Tornado

Post by zim »

There will be no forgiveness.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

So this whole thing turned out to be as disappointing as Adam Elliott's tenure at the Raiders?
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Old mate wants his own thread.

Fergus makes the thread.

Old mate doesn't do anything with it.

Needs to change his name from Josh Jackson's Head to Bronson Harrison's post contract form
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

It’s pretty clear what’s going on here from the quote. Clearly wasn’t set up to their satisfaction!
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

I think he is a she.

Sent from my SM-A536E using Tapatalk

This place is woke.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

And I like she's.

This place is woke.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

dubby wrote:Old mate wants his own thread.

Fergus makes the thread.

Old mate doesn't do anything with it.

Needs to change his name from Josh Jackson's Head to Bronson Harrison's post contract form
Hahaha!
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Joshjacksonshead
Gary Coyne
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Joshjacksonshead »

-PJ- wrote: June 16, 2022, 9:09 am I’d like to be in a coma so I don’t have to read this idiots rubbish.
Good evening friends, and before we begin the festivities let me apologise for not gracing your screens as much as you would like as again , a man of my high demand is out there in my line of work dealing with all comers!

Now , let us examine the specimen at hand , HJ . And what a crude specimen it is, apparently a garage door failed one day , collecting said HJ and now we must suffer it’s delusions, pretending to not worship joshjacksonsheads marvellous threads , yet making damn sure it posts in them every 5 minutes, so now let us cut to the chase with old HJ

Bully - Yes , calls people idiots who obviously aren’t

Redeeming factor- Should be able to be corrected, work in progress

Final score- 5/10
Joshjacksonshead
Gary Coyne

greeneyed wrote: June 15, 2022, 10:07 pm I guess we now sit back and wait. What could go wrong!?
Next! Well friends I hope you brought your manners ( hard for some I know , and will be addressed shortly), because we are amongst royalty! Few on this discussion forum sit at the upper echelons with joshjacksonshead, however Stevie Wonder aka GE is one of the fortunate few!

I know I speak for all of us here when I say :welcome: Stevie Wonder to The Eye of the Tornado, and unfortunately as we both know , certain decisions are going to have to be made, about certain lower posters, with certain foul attributes and attitudes, however I will make these decisions in the coming days for us, now without further ado,

Bully - certainly not

Redeeming factor - a Shepard whom minds his flock

Final score - 9/10
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Harsh on PJ, that was a harsh comment but uncharacteristicly harsh. We all have mistakes in us, a very good bloke.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

HJ, knock about bloke always up for a chat, softy at heart.

This place is woke.
Joshjacksonshead
Gary Coyne

Billy Walker wrote: June 15, 2022, 10:29 pm Look I’ll be happy for a 6 if it comes with encouraging comments……
Next! Well look what we have here , Billy Walker! Long time no see young fella ! Now , friends, if I could describe this man with just one word it would be Resilient! Has had a pack of hyenas nipping at his heels for a bit , yet always seems to have a spring in his stride ! If more posters had this kind of bravado imagine what this place could decent into! Lurkers rise up , and follow the paths beaten through the bullying by Billy Walker and joshjacksonshead! We will help you! Ok now to young Billy’s score card,

Bully - certainly not

Redeeming factor- fights bullies and wins

Final score - 7.5/10
Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Post by Postman Pat »

Joshjacksonshead wrote:
Billy Walker wrote: June 15, 2022, 10:29 pm Look I’ll be happy for a 6 if it comes with encouraging comments……
Next! Well look what we have here , Billy Walker! Long time no see young fella ! Now , friends, if I could describe this man with just one word it would be Resilient! Has had a pack of hyenas nipping at his heels for a bit , yet always seems to have a spring in his stride ! If more posters had this kind of bravado imagine what this place could decent into! Lurkers rise up , and follow the paths beaten through the bullying by Billy Walker and joshjacksonshead! We will help you! Ok now to young Billy’s score card,

Bully - certainly not

Final score - 7.5/10
Are you scoring yourself? School holidays haven’t started again have they?
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Joshjacksonshead wrote: June 25, 2022, 9:16 pm

Bully - certainly not

Final score - 7.5/10
Woo hoo - I’ll take a 7.5! I knew JJH was a good egg from the start.
Joshjacksonshead
Gary Coyne

Hello friends , the thread not only lives but thrives! Great to see you all here , like a band of brothers we are, and agreed , posters say things in the heat of battle or passion and can get misconstrued , all I ever wanted was to be friends, however cannot and will not tolerate bullying, and will always speak out, but in the interests of good friendships I am going to allow reviews into my rating, so as below

NAME eg Matt

BULLY- please state why the decision maker should overturn his decision

REDEEMING FACTOR- please state what factors the decision maker should consider

FINAL SCORE- please provide a reason for the score to raise , NOTE score could lower if decision maker deems fit
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

I’d like to use your form for the opposite appeal please.

Name: Billy

Bully: Some evidence of bullying

Irredeeming feature: endlessly pursues Croker. But I guess Croker isn’t Adam so it hasn’t been counted?

Proposed alternate score:
5.6 porcupines out of 8.78 cheese
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

gangrenous wrote: June 25, 2022, 10:23 pm I’d like to use your form for the opposite appeal please.

Name: Billy

Bully: Some evidence of bullying

Irredeeming feature: endlessly pursues Croker. But I guess Croker isn’t Adam so it hasn’t been counted?

Proposed alternate score:
5.6 porcupines out of 8.78 cheese
You’re such a bully Gangers - not a particularly effective one though as you’re about as cutting as a watermelon.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

5/10 is way too high..idiot.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Joshjacksonshead
Gary Coyne

Rickmando wrote: June 22, 2022, 2:33 pm Tornado?

More like a gentle breeze…
Aha! After what feels like forever , I have a hold of Rickymando ! What a mess , I feel like we could have been friends however with young Rickymando , he gives you up , then let’s you down ! Every time !

Now , I feel as though he latched onto old joshjacksonshead and thought, what an easy target! I’m about to score some easy points here! Well , we got that one well of the mark my young friend, didn’t we now, ok let’s deliver what everyone’s been waiting for ,

Bully - sometimes, see below

Redeeming factor- doesn’t really know he is doing it, education is ongoing

Final score - 5 / 10
Joshjacksonshead
Gary Coyne

-PJ- wrote: June 26, 2022, 11:21 am 5/10 is way too high..idiot.
HJ - where you been bro it feels like forever !

If you wish to appeal your rating please fill in the appropriate appeal form this is not a democracy, kind regards joshjacksonshead and Stevie Wonder ( absentee)
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

gangrenous wrote: June 26, 2022, 7:06 am Image
:roflmao :roflmao
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Bit harsh on the PJ, though. This is a man who lives with a monster, afterall

Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

Joshjacksonshead wrote: June 27, 2022, 8:49 pm

Aha! After what feels like forever , I have a hold of Rickymando ! What a mess , I feel like we could have been friends however with young Rickymando , he gives you up , then let’s you down ! Every time !

Now , I feel as though he latched onto old joshjacksonshead and thought, what an easy target! I’m about to score some easy points here! Well , we got that one well of the mark my young friend, didn’t we now, ok let’s deliver what everyone’s been waiting for ,

Final score - 5 / 10
I like your style Mr Head. You’ve been a welcome addition to the GH. You and I simply disagree on your ability to evaluate plodding, Sun Tzu-quoting spud second rowers!

Also, your marking scale is a bit off, it’s about 4 points too generous. Other than that, keep up the good work brother
Joshjacksonshead
Gary Coyne

dubby wrote: June 28, 2022, 10:40 am Bit harsh on the PJ, though. This is a man who lives with a monster, afterall
Friends ok. If there are guys out there suffering, of which I wasn’t informed, of whom jumped on me FROM POST 1 , whom we should probably not involve in my dealing with , any chance of a quiet heads up ? Thank you team, out
Joshjacksonshead
Gary Coyne

Rickmando wrote: June 30, 2022, 10:14 am
Joshjacksonshead wrote: June 27, 2022, 8:49 pm

Final score - 5 / 10
I like your style Mr Head. You’ve been a welcome addition to the GH. You and I simply disagree on your ability to evaluate plodding, Sun Tzu-quoting spud second rowers!

Also, your marking scale is a bit off, it’s about 4 points too generous. Other than that, keep up the good work brother
YES. Yes my friend, I knew deep down what we had here ! YES! Now , I feel as if you are a true friend and was all along, a heartfelt apology brings a tear to the eye of lessor men, however I feel just the same !

So here we are gents , come on in and tell me all about it , and I will tell you all about it!