Roosters 13+
14%

Total votes: 7

Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Re: 2022 Rd 13 V Roosters: Game Day

Post by Seiffert82 »

Just read the last few posts. How did we get onto Valemei? Haha.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk

Green Machine 2011
Clinton Schifcofske

Post by Green Machine 2011 »

Botman wrote: June 5, 2022, 6:36 pm
Finchy wrote: June 5, 2022, 6:23 pm
Pete Cash wrote: June 5, 2022, 6:15 pm Nic has been good this month. Nothing really to complain about. Some people just get an axe to grind and won't change opinion based on new evidence.
Some people (blinded by their hatred for a Croker, Rapana, and Cotric) put all their eggs in the Valemei basket. Now that he’s been shown up as not up to first grade standard (which nearly everyone here had been saying all year), those with an axe to grind will continually find fault with Croker, Rapana, and Cotric despite the fact their boy Valemei doesn’t seem to even be in the conversation of first grade selection anymore, and for good reason.
Broncos hq trolls gonna troll.
Call me naive but I legit never even considered supporters coming into other forums to troll. Sad really
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Good to get the two points even if we were well short of our best. Play like we did last week in our loss to Eels and we win that game by 3 tries. It's a fickle game.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Green Machine 2011 wrote: June 5, 2022, 7:07 pm
Pete Cash wrote: June 5, 2022, 6:15 pm Nic has been good this month. Nothing really to complain about. Some people just get an axe to grind and won't change opinion based on new evidence.
Some people (blinded by their hatred for a Croker, Rapana, and Cotric) put all their eggs in the Valemei basket. Now that he’s been shown up as not up to first grade standard (which nearly everyone here had been saying all year), those with an axe to grind will continually find fault with Croker, Rapana, and Cotric despite the fact their boy Valemei doesn’t seem to even be in the conversation of first grade selection anymore, and for good reason.
Call me naive but I legit never even considered supporters coming into other forums to troll. Sad really
To paraphrase the simpsons... our Billy's a dull boy.
Green Machine 2011
Clinton Schifcofske

Tapine the best prop in the game, at 27, in his prime. No 1 resigning from our end.

Savage has a lot of learning but just has IT. He ain’t no Milne, he’s got speed but a natural nack for the game. His positioning is quite good (needs to be better) but his one on one needs improvement. He’ll never be a massive one on one try saver

Geez I love Hudson. I still don’t know where his best position is, but he’s awesome. Energy and effort with deft skills. He adds a whole bunch to our defence on the edge

Shout out to whitehead for his efforts, particularly in defence.

Timoko and Kris are gooduns. They’re learning and will have their moments, but HSS is no longer a straight up starter. Maybe he replaces Rapana who moves to bench back utility 🤷‍♂️

I’m giving Fogarty the benefit of the doubt. He was never going to be a superstar. Just stable. 2 games in. He should have gone short to whitehead rather than out wide to savage, and conversely should have gone wide to Savage when he went short. If he can fix those decisions, which most likely result in points, he’s the perfect placeholder for the next 3 years

We can make the 8 and be competitive. We can **** the bed. Or anything in between
Raider_Boy
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Pappa

Post by Raider_Boy »

Just watched the roosters presser. Fantastic to hear the song coming through loud and clear in the background. Must be demoralizing as ****
Member #6381
Green Machine 2011
Clinton Schifcofske

Botman wrote: June 5, 2022, 7:08 pm
To paraphrase the simpsons... our Billy's a dull boy.
I’d love to hear from the “horses” mouth (pun intended) if Billy is actually a broncos supporter

He does make good points in certain issues, very stubborn on others, so generally curious
Crusader
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Crusader »

The game went away from us when Woolford and Elliot came off, what a great win, very much needed, Fogs still rusty, Starling tried but is overshadowed by Woolf, Trey took some good hitups, Frawls looked the better in the halves, Young had a top game, Savage getting better, Tapine is a effing beast, I cant understand the point of having Schiller, you might as well name Croker and not play him and he gets his 300th, Raiders are getting better, should be a beauty against Broncos
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

I very much doubt it would ever happen. There are a few on here that accuse me of being a Bronco’s supporter because I put up opinions that differ to those that reverberate in their echo chamber.

My take on it is that there are two types of supporters on here. The micro level supporters that cheer everything green and are just happy turning up. That’s fine and good luck to them. Sport wouldn’t be much fun week to week if you only celebrated the major successes.

The other supporters like myself enjoy the wins like today but want our club to be the best team in the comp and the envy of all other clubs. That doesn’t come from celebrating mediocrity and making excuses for underperformance.

Great win today against a quality opposition but kidding ourselves if we think we are running with the top dogs of the comp.

I think it’s great to celebrate Tarp’s form, Young’s effort, and Savage and Hor’s improvement, but I also think it makes a lot of sense to ask where the next lot of improvement comes from. Where do we find the next 10% improvement to bridge the gap to the Panthers and Storm. Somehow asking those questions makes you a Bronco’s supporter in some folks eyes. Odd stuff but gives me a chuckle. :lol:
Green Machine 2011
Clinton Schifcofske

Billy Walker wrote: June 5, 2022, 7:22 pm
I very much doubt it would ever happen. There are a few on here that accuse me of being a Bronco’s supporter because I put up opinions that differ to those that reverberate in their echo chamber.

My take on it is that there are two types of supporters on here. The micro level supporters that cheer everything green and are just happy turning up. That’s fine and good luck to them. Sport wouldn’t be much fun week to week if you only celebrated the major successes.

The other supporters like myself enjoy the wins like today but want our club to be the best team in the comp and the envy of all other clubs. That doesn’t come from celebrating mediocrity and making excuses for underperformance.

Great win today against a quality opposition but kidding ourselves if we think we are running with the top dogs of the comp.

I think it’s great to celebrate Tarp’s form, Young’s effort, and Savage and Hor’s improvement, but I also think it makes a lot of sense to ask where the next lot of improvement comes from. Where do we find the next 10% improvement to bridge the gap to the Panthers and Storm. Somehow asking those questions makes you a Bronco’s supporter in some folks eyes. Odd stuff but gives me a chuckle. :lol:
People can call me naive but I believe you and as I said above, think you have good thoughts on many issues even if I disagree on a few.

I’d also highly doubt another supporter would come to this site and pretend to be a supporter, that’s like mental illness type **** (which shouldn’t be downplayed, it should be supported if that’s the case)
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

When Greeneyed is openly calling you a troll, the game is over. He gives everyone far too much BOTD. As a former administrator, i can tell you he also has access to special administration tools that make serial trolls easy to identify. The only real question is why he's still here and not on to his NEXT account.

And i can only assume the admin have decided they can ban the IP, so they cant really stop him from creating more alt accounts, so best keep the idiot on the same account and everyone knows.
Finchy
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

Billy, wanting us to get to the next level and not celebrate mediocrity is fine, but that’s not what 99% of your posts are about.

You’re either bagging Croker incessantly (when he’s not even playing), waxing lyrical about Valemei when it’s clear as day he’s not first grade standard, or just generally trolling people.

There are far more rational fans on this page than the one eyed “bleed greeners” on Facebook where you can’t criticise the team without being abused by the masses.

There’s a reason there’s a joke that this is the “bag out the players” forum, because people here actually do want more from the team and aren’t afraid to express it.

They (for the most part) just go about it differently than you do. Croker might suck. But so does Valemei. Be fair in your player performance critiques. Otherwise you could be seen to be as one-eyed, celebrating poor performers as the fans you despise
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Green Machine 2011 wrote: June 5, 2022, 7:25 pm

Call me naive but I legit never even considered supporters coming into other forums to troll. Sad :) really

People can call me naive but I believe you and as I said above, think you have good thoughts on many issues even if I disagree on a few.

I’d also highly doubt another supporter would come to this site and pretend to be a supporter, that’s like mental illness type **** (which shouldn’t be downplayed, it should be supported if that’s the case)
[ quote]

I wouldn’t expect anyone to agree with all my views and I’ve put a few out there that haven’t stacked up with time. That said I’ll always prefer to have a view and debate an issue rather than try to navigate a populist opinion to massage some weird insecurity driven by a neediness to be endorsed by an Internet forum. The echo chamber appears a boring place to me - if I have views I’ll put them forward :)
Green Machine 2011
Clinton Schifcofske

You do you mate, I’m not going to be part of the echo chamber even if I’m completely wrong.

We are a FAR from perfect team and have a lot to do to open a premiership window. So criticism is welcome
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Finchy wrote: June 5, 2022, 7:32 pm

Billy, wanting us to get to the next level and not celebrate mediocrity is fine, but that’s not what 99% of your posts are about.

You’re either bagging Croker incessantly (when he’s not even playing), waxing lyrical about Valemei when it’s clear as day he’s not first grade standard, or just generally trolling people.

There are far more rational fans on this page than the one eyed “bleed greeners” on Facebook where you can’t criticise the team without being abused by the masses.

There’s a reason there’s a joke that this is the “bag out the players” forum, because people here actually do want more from the team and aren’t afraid to express it.

They (for the most part) just go about it differently than you do. Croker might suck. But so does Valemei. Be fair in your player performance critiques. Otherwise you could be seen to be as one-eyed, celebrating poor performers as the fans you despise
So the Valemei thing is weird. I wouldn’t have him in the side if I was picking it. I think I called GE out a couple of times when he rated Semi really low and then scored Croker quite high when the stats showed it wasn’t justified comparative to what Semi had been turning out. I’ve got nothing against Semi and wouldn’t be outraged if he got another run but he isn’t better than Kris or Timoko and I would be looking for speed if we were replacing a winger so unless there is an injury I don’t see Semi getting back to FG. But apparently I’m wanting him first picked? Odd stuff I tell you!
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Green Machine 2011 wrote: June 5, 2022, 7:39 pm You do you mate, I’m not going to be part of the echo chamber even if I’m completely wrong.

We are a FAR from perfect team and have a lot to do to open a premiership window. So criticism is welcome
So you do know that you will likely be accused of being an alt account for me now. Apparently I have lots of fake accounts. Very odd stuff.
Elcaptcroker
David Grant
Favourite Player: Jarrod croker

Post by Elcaptcroker »

Watching the game, hudson and cory fed off each others energy and hunger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Green Machine 2011
Clinton Schifcofske

Billy Walker wrote: June 5, 2022, 7:45 pm
Green Machine 2011 wrote: June 5, 2022, 7:39 pm You do you mate, I’m not going to be part of the echo chamber even if I’m completely wrong.

So you do know that you will likely be accused of being an alt account for me now. Apparently I have lots of fake accounts. Very odd stuff.
Hahaha I’m not a forum favourite or regular but as my username says, I’ve been here since 2011. Life as a GM supporter wasn’t so good back then, but I’ve stuck steady and will always continue.

I’ll gladly tell you when I don’t agree with you though mate, but I’m sure there’s a few things you don’t agree with me. It is what it is

Let’s win a **** prem please despite the ****. I believe in destiny
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

MATCH REPORT: Savage Canberra Raiders defence stops Sydney Roosters comeback short

There'll be plenty of talk about that Xavier Savage try. But it was that defensive effort just before half-time that earned the Canberra Raiders the win. The Green Machine held off a spirited Sydney Roosters second half to claim a hard-fought 22-16 victory at a freezing cold Canberra Stadium on Sunday.

CANBERRA RAIDERS 22 (Adam Elliott, Xavier Savage, Sebastian Kris, Matt Timoko tries; Jamal Fogarty 3 goals) bt SYDNEY ROOSTERS 16 (Sitili Tupouniua, Paul Momirovski, Joseph Suaalii tries; Sam Walker 2 goals) at Canberra Stadium.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14329

Canberra Raiders stifle Sydney Roosters for big NRL win

Canberra can taste NRL finals after holding on for a thrilling 22-16 win against the Sydney Roosters on Sunday.

"It was tough win," coach Ricky Stuart said. "We prepared (knowing) it was going to be a grinding, gritty game ... we played accordingly. We made tackles tonight, one-on-ones that if we had've made last week, we would have won that one too. We can play better than what we did tonight, there's certainly some stuff we can improve on and easily improve on."

Read more: https://7news.com.au/sport/rugby-league ... -c-7059791

MATCH REPORT: Raiders prove too strong for the Roosters: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2022/06 ... -roosters/

MATCH REPORT: Raiders hold off late Roosters charge to salute at home: https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/06/05/rai ... e-at-home/

Savage’s ‘brilliance’ on show for Raiders as Manu carries ‘frantic’ Roosters: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 3359b9eda0

MATCH HIGHLIGHTS: Raiders v Roosters: https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/06/05/mat ... -roosters/

GALLERY: Raiders v Roosters: https://www.gettyimages.com.au/photos/2 ... =775738527

PRESS CONFERENCES: Raiders: https://www.nrl.com/watch/matches/telst ... -round-13/

Roosters: https://www.nrl.com/watch/matches/telst ... -round-13/

VIDEO: Elliott Whitehead catches up with some of the boys following our round 13 win against the Roosters: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2022/06 ... -roosters/?
radicalraider
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by radicalraider »

Another win without the enigma wighton
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

Really proud of the team today, must admit I had to watch the game today on my laptop whilst attending a Finance lecture in my class, and trying to focus on what the lecturer had to say, much to the amusement of my classmates. Will watch a replay later tonight.

What I saw from Savage was good. He's just got natural ability - that pick up while going at pace was great. Tapine was awesome, as I said in other posts last week he's the best front rower in the game. Fogarty improved from last week. Adam Elliott also played well.

The team has really improved from our performance v Warriors. Gradually getting better each week.
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Savage, Timoko, Strange, Tapine, Rapana

Post by Neeeegz »

CRaid wrote: June 5, 2022, 7:02 pm Reading the comments here once the Roosters got to within two. Rather than the players not having a ticker I could say the same of 90% of the posters here 😂
Mate, it's a long term psychological issue that 98% percent of us have on here.
We haven't put 50 on a team for a long time, cue goes in the rack and we lose in 50% or more of games, and we are mentally scarred because of those games ... the fans that care, I mean, not the players...
They still get paid, and its good to see some of them earning their pay checks recently
Green Machine 2011
Clinton Schifcofske

Anything to take away from a VERY short and sweet presser, or just Rick being Stick?
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

i stopped listening to the Sticky post game pressers years ago, he rarely says anything worth listening too.
Win or lose.

Which i guess is better than when you used to tune into the post game presser to hear him blow up and act like a child, he's more deliberate and considered with what he says now, which is generally better for us, but makes for a pretty boring 5-10 minutes.
Finchy
Ruben Wiki

Post by Finchy »

Billy Walker wrote: June 5, 2022, 7:43 pm So the Valemei thing is weird. I wouldn’t have him in the side if I was picking it. I think I called GE out a couple of times when he rated Semi really low and then scored Croker quite high when the stats showed it wasn’t justified comparative to what Semi had been turning out. I’ve got nothing against Semi and wouldn’t be outraged if he got another run but he isn’t better than Kris or Timoko and I would be looking for speed if we were replacing a winger so unless there is an injury I don’t see Semi getting back to FG. But apparently I’m wanting him first picked? Odd stuff I tell you!
I never said you’re “wanting him first picked”, I’m highlighting that when you were incessantly bagging Croker (who was in reggies) you were sticking up for Valemei when it was clear that he’s not first grade standard. Be fair in your critiques otherwise you’re just as bad at defending mediocrity. I’m glad you’ve changed your tune on that and can admit other players deserve to be selected ahead of Valemei.
Neeeegz
John Ferguson

Post by Neeeegz »

Does Starling keep his spot ?
not that Ricky uses the bench that much,
But with Woolford going so well, he is an 80 minute hooker, and a valeme could be used as a type of bench player, job is to come on, run hard, don't let the ball go and tackle hard for 20 minutes,
I stress everytime Starling passes the ball
papabear
Steve Walters

Post by papabear »

radicalraider wrote: June 5, 2022, 7:49 pm Another win without the enigma wighton
It was also a win without papalii

Also with roosters missing quite a few..

The winning without wighton theory is a bit of red herring for me…
Neeeegz
John Ferguson

Post by Neeeegz »

Green Machine 2011 wrote: June 5, 2022, 7:53 pm Anything to take away from a VERY short and sweet presser, or just Rick being Stick?
Should of been pretty happy to talk after that win I would of thought, only took two questions
denissnowy
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Papa

Post by denissnowy »

Elcaptcroker wrote: June 5, 2022, 7:46 pm Watching the game, hudson and cory fed off each others energy and hunger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes definitely.

I gave points to taps, horse and savage ( I think, bit tipsy at this stage) but found it hard to leave Hudson out. Also thought Frawley did a good job in defence in a tough situation. Roosters isolated sitili on him well, amazing that ST only scored one try, which was largely thanks to Frawley's first up tackle/contact.

Mooney looked good in his limited minutes. I want to see more. Savage also good and is growing. Definitely progressing and looking safer with his carries, but like others have observed his one on one defence needs work.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Very happy with the two competition points and the defensive efforts on our line. Young probably had the best defensive game I have seen from him. However he and Hors have to know that pushing players in the back is a dumb play. Horspower got a long run to start today and I hope it happens again when the next Origin game comes around. Tapine is in career best form. Sutton had probably his best game in Green. Rapa lashing out with his foot in a tackle may see him on the wrong side of the judiciary. EW put on a try saver which stopped the Chooks momentum. I thought he was very good today.

Xavier produced an X factor play for his try. I'm glad Sticky is giving him games in his best position. Fog has played only 2 matches this year and so I did not expect everything to click into place quickly. I think he is building his game within the side. I'd like to see him put on a grubber kick which stops inside the opposition in goal. On to the Broncos.
radicalraider
John Ferguson

Post by radicalraider »

Sell papalii and wighton.. develop Mooney and buy a proper 6.
Finchy
Ruben Wiki

Post by Finchy »

radicalraider wrote: June 5, 2022, 8:29 pm Sell papalii and wighton.. develop Mooney and buy a proper 6.
Sell Taps too. Develop Ata Mariota.
radicalraider
John Ferguson

Post by radicalraider »

Finchy wrote: June 5, 2022, 8:32 pm
radicalraider wrote: June 5, 2022, 8:29 pm Sell papalii and wighton.. develop Mooney and buy a proper 6.
Taps is our best forward
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

radicalraider wrote: June 5, 2022, 8:39 pm
Finchy wrote: June 5, 2022, 8:32 pm
Taps is our best forward
Alright there Dubs
exrefhollywood
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: thurling

Post by exrefhollywood »

Canberra Milk wrote: June 5, 2022, 5:56 pm Great win by the boys. Not perfect, halfback poor, bench usage counter productive.... But hung on

All of Ricky's strengths and weaknesses on show there
Please explain how the halfback was poor???? Is your name Sam Williams???