Cowboys 13+
3%

Total votes: 29

Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Re: 2022 Rd 2 V Cowboys: Teams and Previews

Post by Botman »

The heat will be the biggest factor in this game. If we can manage the conditions we should win this game based on tonights performance.

We're better across the park.
Old School Green
Dean Lance

Post by Old School Green »

Botman wrote: March 13, 2022, 7:24 pm The heat will be the biggest factor in this game. If we can manage the conditions we should win this game based on tonights performance.

We're better across the park.
Agree. We always make it hard for ourselves up there. Looking like 26-27, 70% humidity…but that’s a week out it may change…
87, 89, 90, 91, 94, 19
I was there. Go the Milk !!
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

Watched the Cowboys v Dogs game today. Easily the worst game of the weekend between 16 v 15. JT13 is past it, didn't do much. Neither did Val Holmes. The Chad was himself, Dearden had a good first half with his show and go but disappeared. Hetherington got sent to the sin bin in the 1st half but Cowboys didn't score

They will be desperate next weekend, but Payten lacks tactical nous.
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

greeneyed wrote:Former Canberra Raiders captain Terry Campese backs Jarrod Croker to soon make NRL return

Former Raiders star Terry Campese has backed "legend" Jarrod Croker to earn back his spot in the team.

"He'll approach this as a professional and stake his claim to get back in that side as soon as possible. In my eyes he's a great player. He adds so much," Campese said. "His leadership is second to none, and also his goal-kicking. It won't be long before you see him back in there."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
Hard to stake a claim when you are scrubbed out of NSW cup with further issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tommyhud9
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by tommyhud9 »

I know there's ony one game to go off, but it would be bitterly disappointing if we lost to the Cows on what I saw tonight.

I'd chuck Savage on the bench with Hodgo out, could come in handy late in game as others are saying.
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker

From what I saw tonight, Cowboys make a lot of errors and don't have much imagination in attack. Given the conditions, I'd be going with the fittest players. Perhaps this is one where Horse sits out and Whitehead plays half a game. Bench rotation will be the key. Don't know if Kris will be fit enough after COVID so Savage may be worth a place on the bench along with Sutton for Horse. Given the HIA rule you really need a back on the bench. Elliott will have to cover for hooker as well.

This is the game last year where we lost leading 24-6, and then 24-12 at half time and failed to score in the second half, losing 26-24. We made too many errors. We had a back five of Caleb Aekins, Kris, Croker, Scott, Rapana then - probably the worst in recent memory. I recall Croker having a dreadful game and no one made eye contact with him in the dressing room.
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker

Are Papa and Tapine available for this match?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Hong Kong Raider wrote: March 14, 2022, 1:44 am Are Papa and Tapine available for this match?
Both should have exemptions as they’ve recently had COVID.
Wiki Special
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Wiki Special »

Hong Kong Raider wrote: March 14, 2022, 1:32 am From what I saw tonight, Cowboys make a lot of errors and don't have much imagination in attack. Given the conditions, I'd be going with the fittest players. Perhaps this is one where Horse sits out and Whitehead plays half a game. Bench rotation will be the key. Don't know if Kris will be fit enough after COVID so Savage may be worth a place on the bench along with Sutton for Horse. Given the HIA rule you really need a back on the bench. Elliott will have to cover for hooker as well.

This is the game last year where we lost leading 24-6, and then 24-12 at half time and failed to score in the second half, losing 26-24. We made too many errors. We had a back five of Caleb Aekins, Kris, Croker, Scott, Rapana then - probably the worst in recent memory. I recall Croker having a dreadful game and no one made eye contact with him in the dressing room.
Yeah, I was at the corresponding game last year and saw our Premiership hopes disappear before my eyes. I also think the Cowboys lost at home to the Dogs the week before that game too.

I agree that guys who can play big minutes need to play. Sutton comes in for me. I'd drop Guler but if it is Horsburgh, so be it. Adam Elliott as emergency hooker if required - not ideal but I want a back on the bench with the HIA the way it is. Stuart will almost certainly keep Semi and Schiller in after a win so I am desperately hoping he picks Savage on the bench for X-Factor.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

A lot of us would like to see Savage get a run.

But if RIcky put him in reggies to learn about FB play and get used to playing against bigger bodies then he'll probably stick to it for more than 1 week, since neither of those can be achieved in 1 week... I don't like it but if I'm looking for logic...
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Is anyone else struggling to get tickets for this? Everytime I log onto ticketek it cuts to a screen of a cat playing with a laptop, but doesn't do this for any of the other games?
Wiki Special
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Wiki Special »

The Nickman wrote: March 14, 2022, 9:47 am Is anyone else struggling to get tickets for this? Everytime I log onto ticketek it cuts to a screen of a cat playing with a laptop, but doesn't do this for any of the other games?
Same for me.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Wiki Special wrote: March 14, 2022, 9:56 am
The Nickman wrote: March 14, 2022, 9:47 am Is anyone else struggling to get tickets for this? Everytime I log onto ticketek it cuts to a screen of a cat playing with a laptop, but doesn't do this for any of the other games?
Same for me.
Are you going? I just saw that you were at the same miserable game I was at last year... wanna grab a beer pre-game?
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

The Nickman wrote:
Same for me.
Are you going? I just saw that you were at the same miserable game I was at last year... wanna grab a beer pre-game?
IT'S ALIVE

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

bonehead wrote: March 14, 2022, 10:09 am
The Nickman wrote:
Same for me.
IT'S ALIVE

God forbid.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Looks like somebody left the door open. The Nickman has wandered back in.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Sthsea22
Terry Campese
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Sthsea22 »

Looking at the NSW Cup stats

SAVAGE - 2 Tries, 188m, 11 tackle breaks
MARIOTA - 126m, 6 tackle breaks
SUTTON - 113m, 36 tackles
MOONEY - 127m, 33 tackles, 5 tackle breaks
RUSHTON - 109m,, 38 tackles
Sthsea22
Terry Campese

Post by Sthsea22 »

I think the no brainer is Savage off the bench

Rotation can be Starling off, Schneider to 9, CNK to 7, Savage to 1 for 20mins
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Northern Raider wrote: March 14, 2022, 12:16 pm
Looks like somebody left the door open. The Nickman has wandered back in.
Looking forward to the excruciating, endless COVID-19 analysis as well.
Raider47
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Matt Timoko

Post by Raider47 »

Sthsea22 wrote: March 14, 2022, 2:03 pm I think the no brainer is Savage off the bench

Far too much chopping and changing. Perhaps if we are absolutely blitzing them but you don't want to be doing that mid game if the game was still in the balance. I'd look at introducing Savage if the game is tight and we look to be flagging.

1. CNK
2. Schiller
3. Valemei
4. Timoko
5. Cotric
6. Wighton
7. Schneider
8. Papalii
9. Starling
10. Tapine
11. Young
12. CHN
13. Whitehead

14. Elliott
15. Savage
16. Mooney
17. Sutton

I think it's a good idea to give Guler and Horse the week off this and replace them with the seemingly fitter Mooney and Sutton. Between those two, Elliott and Young there is enough to cover those three middle positions. My only concern is Starling's ability to play 80 which may see Frawley or Trevilyan come in on to the bench (understandably too). I don't think it's viable to rely on Elliott to do that role should Starling not be trusted to play a full 80.
Sthsea22
Terry Campese

Post by Sthsea22 »

Raider47 wrote: March 14, 2022, 2:22 pm
Sthsea22 wrote: March 14, 2022, 2:03 pm I think the no brainer is Savage off the bench

Far too much chopping and changing. Perhaps if we are absolutely blitzing them but you don't want to be doing that mid game if the game was still in the balance. I'd look at introducing Savage if the game is tight and we look to be flagging.

1. CNK
2. Schiller
3. Valemei
4. Timoko
5. Cotric
6. Wighton
7. Schneider
8. Papalii
9. Starling
10. Tapine
11. Young
12. CHN
13. Whitehead

14. Elliott
15. Savage
16. Mooney
17. Sutton

I think it's a good idea to give Guler and Horse the week off this and replace them with the seemingly fitter Mooney and Sutton. Between those two, Elliott and Young there is enough to cover those three middle positions. My only concern is Starling's ability to play 80 which may see Frawley or Trevilyan come in on to the bench (understandably too). I don't think it's viable to rely on Elliott to do that role should Starling not be trusted to play a full 80.
Fair points you have made

I agree Sutton and Savage need to play in NQ due to weather

Guler and Horse may struggle in those conditions

Frawley had been training at 9 during Pre Season so i won't be surprised he gets the nod at 14

Elliott possibly could pinch hit at 9?
papabear
Steve Walters

Post by papabear »

Did people actually think our right side looked good?

For me you have to have Savage / Kris and Timoko / Cotric
Raider47
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Matt Timoko

Post by Raider47 »

papabear wrote: March 14, 2022, 3:06 pm Did people actually think our right side looked good?

I think Schiller earned a second chance. Agreed re Valemei though I'm really not sure Kris is the saviour many make him out to be. I want Savage in there as much as the next guy and would be happy for Schiller to go to centre and Xavier to the wing.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Azza wrote: March 14, 2022, 10:12 am
bonehead wrote: March 14, 2022, 10:09 am
The Nickman wrote:
Same for me.
IT'S ALIVE

God forbid.
All right, Nickman's back in the saddle. Welcome back mate. :welcome:
daley6
David Grant
Favourite Player: campo

Post by daley6 »

Raider47 wrote: March 14, 2022, 3:21 pm
papabear wrote: March 14, 2022, 3:06 pm Did people actually think our right side looked good?

I think Schiller earned a second chance. Agreed re Valemei though I'm really not sure Kris is the saviour many make him out to be. I want Savage in there as much as the next guy and would be happy for Schiller to go to centre and Xavier to the wing.
Agree Schiller looks like he has something and can make metres hopefully a breakout game this week if he can get early ball, saw the kris show last year at centre keep valemi there , and get in savage somewhere in the 17!!!!!!!
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

greeneyed wrote: March 13, 2022, 6:12 pm Former Canberra Raiders captain Terry Campese backs Jarrod Croker to soon make NRL return

Former Raiders star Terry Campese has backed "legend" Jarrod Croker to earn back his spot in the team.

"He'll approach this as a professional and stake his claim to get back in that side as soon as possible. In my eyes he's a great player. He adds so much," Campese said. "His leadership is second to none, and also his goal-kicking. It won't be long before you see him back in there."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
David Campese was always renowned for a crazy take on things - must be genetic.
Velda
Ken Nagas
Favourite Player: Terry Campese

Post by Velda »

Schneider has COVID.

Hodgson and Schneider out for Cowboys

The Raiders have been dealt a double blow ahead of their round two match against the Cowboys, with Josh Hodgson and Brad Schneider ruled out.

Josh Hodgson will miss 2-3 weeks after scans revealed a cartilage injury to his knee, while Schneider will miss the match after returning a positive Rapid Antigen test.

Read more: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2022/03 ... r-cowboys/
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Sammy Williams come on down. This site could be dangerous next week haha
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
Austezer84
Gerry De La Cruz
Favourite Player: John Ferguson

Post by Austezer84 »

We are in trouble
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

So what's the deal with what the club has to do here with a potential problem and an away game so far away?

Will they have to take a ridiculously large group of players up to Townsville and potentially postpone a lower grade game? I imagine it's normally only 20 or so that travel and I'd like to think you couldn't be forced to play short if a number of players tested positive on game day.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
Ilanraiders
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Rubenrunlikeatrainandhitlikeatruckwiki!

Post by Ilanraiders »

Please no Williams!!!
"Learn to appreciate what you have, before time makes you appreciate what you had"!! RAIDERSTILLIDIE!!
Makaveli
Bradley Clyde

Post by Makaveli »

Frawley in.

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk

Toviii
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Toviii »

Probably need to bring Williams in for goal kicking alone and hope he will be steady enough to cover one game
'I've got 17 blokes in that dressing room that are hurting'
Finchy
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

I have a feeling this will be a weekly occurrence of “who has Covid this week?”. I’d also be curious to know how many of the players that have tested positive so far have had any symptoms.
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

That’s not great. Also hoping the kid is a bit antisocial and didn’t celebrate the Rd1 win with too many others.