The Television Thread

Discuss music, movies, TV shows and video games

Moderator: GH Moderators

Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Re: The Television Thread

Post by Botman »

Northern Raider wrote: January 21, 2022, 4:06 pm Have watched ep4 of Boba Fett. Much better than ep3 and has won me back to a degree. Had a lot more of the flashback sequences this time and that story arc has a better feel to it. Still not convinced by Boba Fett playing Don Corleone yet.
Agreed. It's delicately poised to go either way... only 3 epsiodes left and it feels like they've got a lot to do to land the plane.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Thoughts on Moon Knight Bot? I knew nothing about him, apart from having him in Contest of Champions. Since seeing the trailer, I’ve been starting to read up on the character, and I’m getting pretty pumped.

Seems like my kind of hero
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: January 22, 2022, 4:59 pm Thoughts on Moon Knight Bot? I knew nothing about him, apart from having him in Contest of Champions. Since seeing the trailer, I’ve been starting to read up on the character, and I’m getting pretty pumped.

Seems like my kind of hero
Yeah he’s got a cool back story and lore around him
I thought it was a curious decision to decide to go with a niche character like him but I love what marvel does in taking shots like this though

I’m excited for it, me and my son have read a couple of comic runs just to get a feel for him as a character. Hopefully we see all 4 of his personalities come into play
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Also not sure what I watched this morning with Boba Fett

It was a great ep of television but it really was a just a mandalorian ep which are always awesome

Strange thing to do that in the boba series
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Botman wrote:Also not sure what I watched this morning with Boba Fett

It was a great ep of television but it really was a just a mandalorian ep which are always awesome

Strange thing to do that in the boba series
agreed, series didn't move. So far a little underwhelmed with Book of Fett

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Yep. I think they needed to move Boba Fett off Tatooine.

It just feels like a poor man’s Mandalorian with lower quality effects and rehashed props. OK but nothing fresh.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

BJ wrote: January 27, 2022, 5:10 pm Yep. I think they needed to move Boba Fett off Tatooine.

It just feels like a poor man’s Mandalorian with lower quality effects and rehashed props. OK but nothing fresh.
Ive enjoyed it, though im admittedly a sucker for anything marvel or star wars... i dont think it's bad, it's good, but it's it just that, good. And our expectations are higher.
The ep itself i thought was really awesome. But it's just not a Boba Fett ep, it's very much a Mando ep. They've got a really good handle and feel for the Mando character, they havent got that with Boba yet, but we've had 2 seasons of Mando to help build him to his point.

They've got a lot planes to land in the final 2 eps and not a lot of runaway... dont think they had time to devote an entire ep to a backdoor Mando s3 set up
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

I've just watched the Mandalorian episode. Made me miss that series more than anything. It did nothing to progress the Boba Fett storyline and still best episode so far. :lol:
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Yep, Episode 5 of the Book of Boba Fett was all Mandalorian and no Boba Fett on screen at all. Other than a brief appearance by Fennec Shand asking Mando to provide muscle for Boba Fett there was no reference to Boba. The set up for the next episode is for Mando to get re-acquainted with Grogu. Should he need a fast escape that StarFighter put together by Peli Motto sure is quick. I'm waiting for Mando to learn more on how to use the dark sabre and the expected battle by Boba Fett and friends with the Pyke Syndicate.
Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Post by Postman Pat »

Anyone watching Survivor?

Staring rugby leagues very own Michael Crocker?
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Postman Pat wrote: February 2, 2022, 3:02 pm Anyone watching Survivor?

Of course
Pretty good start
Thought voting out Andy straight up was a good move
Too often they send some meek and mild contestant home first when it’s the perfect time to just rid yourself of someone who is a threat and would be difficult to trust and to work with

Also MAFS SZN!!
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Which path will Grogu choose? Mando or Jedi. One more episode to go - surely some more of Boba Fett in the final.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Incredible ep... Cad MFin Bane... god damn it
Im beyond caring what the show is called now, it's just good haha.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

I'm watching Ozark season 4 at the moment. This show jumped the shark a while back... this season they have a shark jumping a shark. Yet I'm still keen to see how it all wraps up, apparently this is the last season.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Post by Postman Pat »

Botman wrote:

Of course
Pretty good start
Too often they send some meek and mild contestant home first when it’s the perfect time to just rid yourself of someone who is a threat and would be difficult to trust and to work with

Also MAFS SZN!!
They were primed to get rid of Sandra too until the Dave did the biggest tribal night **** I’ve ever seen.
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Watching Murderville on Netflix. Highly recommend it. It’s like Thank God You’re Here. Celebrities improv their way through a staged murder investigation, while trying to work out the killer.
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: February 5, 2022, 9:28 pm Watching Murderville on Netflix. Highly recommend it. It’s like Thank God You’re Here. Celebrities improv their way through a staged murder investigation, while trying to work out the killer.
Caught the first ep last night on the back of this post
Pretty fun light hearted show. Reckon it'll settle in as a good end of night palate cleanser for us before bed.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

I think you of all people will appreciate Marshawn Lynch’s episode. I think he was the funniest guy on the show, and he dead set wasn’t trying to be.

Nickman's love of NSW
EJ
David Furner

Post by EJ »

Postman Pat wrote:
Botman wrote:

Of course
Pretty good start

Also MAFS SZN!!
They were primed to get rid of Sandra too until the Dave did the biggest tribal night **** I’ve ever seen.
Kate apparently broke 3 ribs during the sandbag challenge so I think she was the intended majority split until Juicy Dave gloriously imploded. Think Sandra was only ever going to be the safety vote in case of idols, which is likely why Sam went through with still voting Sandra

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Loved the last Ep of Book of Fett

Edrick The Entertainer
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

bonehead wrote: February 9, 2022, 7:37 pm Loved the last Ep of Book of Fett

Visions of Team America the way Boba Fett tried to save the town.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Watched Hotel Portofino. Load of old codswallop, but it looks brilliant. Set in Portofino, Italy in 1926... scene setting shots in Portofino... the actors filmed in Croatia. English people in a hotel in Italy, that sort of thing. Good costumes. Good looking cast, generally awful acting, which surely can only be blamed on the direction. Still... watched the whole thing. It is trashily watchable.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Agreed Boney, they saved the best 'til last. I thought Cad Bane had Boba's measure when the helmet came off but the Tusken weapon enabled the tide to turn. Fennec Shand takes out the leadership of the Pyke Syndicate and the local supporters of the syndicate. Grogu is still 'cute as' and has demonstrated that the force is strong with him. Putting a rampaging Rancor to sleep is a 'Jedi mind game'. With Mando and Grogu off at the end there has to be more in store for those two in another Mando series. The dark sabre was shown to have limitations.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

RedRaider wrote:

Agreed Boney, they saved the best 'til last. I thought Cad Bane had Boba's measure when the helmet came off but the Tusken weapon enabled the tide to turn. Fennec Shand takes out the leadership of the Pyke Syndicate and the local supporters of the syndicate. Grogu is still 'cute as' and has demonstrated that the force is strong with him. Putting a rampaging Rancor to sleep is a 'Jedi mind game'. With Mando and Grogu off at the end there has to be more in store for those two in another Mando series. The dark sabre was shown to have limitations.
Series 3 Mandolorian is due to release in November or December, a couple of others between now and then.
Kenobi potentially releasing May 2022
Andor potentially releasing September 2022

Edrick The Entertainer
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Thanks Boney. I reckon I'll be watching all of them.
Brewdle
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Love em all

Post by Brewdle »

Kenobi has been confirmed for a May 25 release

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

very good

Edrick The Entertainer
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

It will be good to see 'Old Ben' back in a younger guise. I wonder who they will get to play a young Alec Guinness who is long since departed.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

its ewan McGregor

Edrick The Entertainer
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Disappointed they killed off Cad Bane in the finale, but im excited he's in the live action shows and should be able to be involved in shows in prior time lines.

Would have preferred if some how Cad got out of the finale alive and **** off to come back into the mando/boba time line later.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Botman wrote:Disappointed they killed off Cad Bane in the finale, but im excited he's in the live action shows and should be able to be involved in shows in prior time lines.

Would have preferred if some how Cad got out of the finale alive and **** off to come back into the mando/boba time line later.
boneyjr has claimed Cad Bane has come back from death 3 or 4 times

Edrick The Entertainer
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

bonehead wrote: February 12, 2022, 8:55 am
Botman wrote:Disappointed they killed off Cad Bane in the finale, but im excited he's in the live action shows and should be able to be involved in shows in prior time lines.

boneyjr has claimed Cad Bane has come back from death 3 or 4 times

Yeah and actually on a second watch, the thing on his chest is still blinking

Presumably some homing beacon, so actually now fairly certain Cad isn’t dead in this timeline
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Finished Peacemaker and boy, what a delightful jaunt
Really good story telling, fun and not to serious but absolutely enjoyable the whole way through

The final ep was really cool, Economos's beard scene was one of the most absurdly tounching, funny and vunerable **** i've seen on tv for a while. Genuinely great writing. Cant wait for season 2.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Watched Inventing Anna on Netflix. Well produced and quite a story, but might have been better if it stuck to the facts.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

greeneyed wrote: February 20, 2022, 8:19 pm Watched Inventing Anna on Netflix. Well produced and quite a story, but might have been better if it stuck to the facts.
my wife was watching it over the weekend whilst i watched reserve grade players play nrl trials'
she's enjoying it... i might have to play some catch up