Coronavirus

Discuss all the events of the day

Moderator: GH Moderators

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Northern Raider »

Quite funny when you come across anti-vaxxers who are taking a stance based on belligerence rather than any logical reason. Such a child like mentality.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Joseph 'the worm' Tapine

Post by 1992 »

Northern Raider wrote: January 24, 2022, 7:54 am Quite funny when you come across anti-vaxxers who are taking a stance based on belligerence rather than any logical reason. Such a child like mentality.
I don't think constant injections from a baby to old age is logical.
My view is that billion dollar pharmaceutical companies are not our friend.
https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... minal-fine

I wasn't anti-vax before 2020, but I sure am now. Have a great day.

God bless.
WHAT A LONG STRANGE TRIP IT'S BEEN
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

1992 wrote: January 24, 2022, 8:21 am
Northern Raider wrote: January 24, 2022, 7:54 am Quite funny when you come across anti-vaxxers who are taking a stance based on belligerence rather than any logical reason. Such a child like mentality.

God bless.
Thank you for confirming your belligerence.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Jason Croker

Post by 1992 »

When someone looks at my posts up against yours I am quite sure if they had to pick the one being belligerent it would be you, son.
God bless.
100%green
Don Furner

Post by 100%green »

1992 wrote:

God bless.
Do you use nurofen, panadol, cold and flu meds, anti biotic etc

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

1992 wrote: January 24, 2022, 10:53 am When someone looks at my posts up against yours I am quite sure if they had to pick the one being belligerent it would be you, son.
God bless.
Think you missed the point, dad.
Jason Croker

Post by 1992 »

100%green wrote: January 24, 2022, 12:00 pm
1992 wrote:

God bless.
Do you use nurofen, panadol, cold and flu meds, anti biotic etc

I have in the past. Was on antibiotics 2-3 years ago.
What is your point?
I am not against medicine.
Will never take the covid jabs.
Jason Croker

Post by 1992 »

Northern Raider wrote: January 24, 2022, 12:02 pm
1992 wrote: January 24, 2022, 10:53 am When someone looks at my posts up against yours I am quite sure if they had to pick the one being belligerent it would be you, son.
God bless.
Any point you were trying to make was built on sand.

I just hate censorship, and value the idea of free speech and ideas. Why are anti-vax groups banned from entering Australia? Because they disagree with the government. That is scary.
I hate the Australian government on every level. Would love to leave this place but am not allowed..that's called
democracy.
It's our values.
It's who we are.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

1992 wrote: January 24, 2022, 12:49 pm
God bless.

I just hate censorship, and value the idea of free speech and ideas. Why are anti-vax groups banned from entering Australia? Because they disagree with the government. That is scary.
I hate the Australian government on every level. Would love to leave this place but am not allowed..that's called
democracy.
It's our values.
It's who we are.
Yeah, that doesn't sound belligerent at all. :lol:
100%green
Don Furner

Post by 100%green »

1992 wrote:
God bless.

democracy.
It's our values.
It's who we are.
So this right here is what gets me. You say you hate censorship, value free speech etc yet people say anything that doesn't fit the argument you and others have and it's fake news, sheep giving up freedoms blah blah blah...what your really say is you want everyone to think like you. You want to change their free speech in reality.

You think groups who don't agree with the government rules are hard done by including yourself so the majority of the country should be ignored and give up their rights and freedoms to live in a safe country that implements rules to try and protect its population simply cause the minority doesn't believe in it.

You want change go vote Craig Kelly or Pete Edwards in....wait you don't believe in voting and haven't done so for 4 years.

No one is stopping you from leaving mate you can get out to certain countries.

And yes it is our democracy and our values. The majority of the country hasn't always agreed with everything governments have done or medical professionals have asked but we've all done it and gotten behind it to try and make sure we don't end up as bad as other countries have. Why do none of their rights to do this and live in a safe country matter to you???

Jason Croker

Post by 1992 »

Northern Raider wrote: January 24, 2022, 1:05 pm
God bless.

democracy.
It's our values.
It's who we are.
I don't think it did.
Saying you hate something does not make a person belligerent.

I just want all sides to be able to have a voice, rather than the government being the "offical" source of truth.

Let the federal government worry about borders and international matters.
Also, leave people alone to make their own choices about what goes into their body.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

1992 wrote: January 24, 2022, 1:20 pm
Northern Raider wrote: January 24, 2022, 1:05 pm
God bless.

democracy.
It's our values.
It's who we are.
I don't think it did.
Saying you hate something does not make a person belligerent.

I just want all sides to be able to have a voice, rather than the government being the "offical" source of truth.

Let the federal government worry about borders and international matters.
Also, leave people alone to make their own choices about what goes into their body.
OK I'll give you an opporunity to clear this up so there's no ambiguity. Finish this sentence: "I refuse to get vaccinated against COVID19 because...."
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

1992 wrote:
God bless.

democracy.
It's our values.
It's who we are.
Where would you prefer to live?
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Brazil or Columbia for obvious reasons, PHAT.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

This place is woke.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

1992 wrote: January 24, 2022, 1:20 pm I just want all sides to be able to have a voice,
They do and can
As evidenced by this very thread, any crackpot idiot is allowed to say whatever the **** they like
There is no AFP officer tracking your IP down to arrest you and throw you in a gulag

That’s free speech
You get to be as big a **** clown show as you choose and no government officials are coming for you

What it’s not is consequence free speech
In your case the consequences are that we all now know you to be a crack pot lunatic
If you make these views public under your actual name, prospective employers might decide their better off without a fringe cult lunatic in the ranks and hire someone else

Same as I’m allowed to walk into any pub and call anyone in it a **** idiot
No one is stopping me from doing that. However if I pick the wrong guy I might spend the next 6 weeks sipping soup through a straw

You get free speech, you get a voice. It’s just got consequences. Like the rest of us.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

1992 wrote: I just hate censorship, and value the idea of free speech and ideas. Why are anti-vax groups banned from entering Australia? Because they disagree with the government.
False. They’re banned because they lie or are ignorant and spread misinformation that has real world consequences of killing people.

I mean reading between the lines looks like Meatloaf didn’t get vaccinated. Maybe because he listens to the same sort of **** you do.

Your heroes of freedom of speech just might have killed Meatloaf. Morons.
Riaan
John Ferguson

Post by Riaan »

I’d put good money down that Craig Kelly and Clive Palmer are both double vaxed, both aren’t stupid and both probably in the age and weight range that a covid positive could land them in serious trouble…
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Thread is quiet today. Has GE pulled out the Ban Stick?
samvucago
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Jon Hardy

Post by samvucago »

Pfizer boss says two doses provide ‘limited protection, if any’ against Omicron: https://www.news.com.au/technology/scie ... b4ae5e0c45
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

Are we back here again? We debunked this days ago. Read the article. The 2 doses comment is irrelevant, as we are in the booster phase, and he states boosters allow coverage for hospitalisation and death. Both things I’m glad to have avoided.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Don't waste the mental energy. Anti-vaxers will latch onto any snippet to try and justify their position to others.
Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Post by Postman Pat »

Northern Raider wrote:Don't waste the mental energy. Anti-vaxers will latch onto any snippet to try and justify their position to others.
I’m personally impressed/surprised the anti-vaxers haven’t been throwing the ImageImage emojis around more.
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

This place is woke.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Congrats Q. When are you due?
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

samvucago wrote:Pfizer boss says two doses provide ‘limited protection, if any’ against Omicron: https://www.news.com.au/technology/scie ... b4ae5e0c45
A

This place is woke.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Never heard of him... sounds like a crocodile.

This place is woke.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

So appropriate .

Sent from my SM-T385 using Tapatalk

This place is woke.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

researchers Image

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Corona, pffft.

This place is woke.
Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Re: Canberra Raiders boss Don Furner says NRL could allow coaches to reach beyond top 30

Post by Raiders_Pat »

greeneyed wrote: January 29, 2022, 12:48 am Canberra pair still unvaccinated as season creeps closer

The Canberra Raiders have confirmed that a pair of players on their roster are still to be vaccinated just six-weeks out from the commencement of the 2022 NRL season. Given Ricky Stuart's side are set to travel to Townsville to face the Cowboys in Round 2, the anonymous duo will be on the clock ahead of March 19.

"That's D-day for us, and we'll talk to them leading into that," Furner stated bluntly.

Read more: https://www.zerotackle.com/canberra-pai ... er-113336/
QLD and Vic (ALP) are behaving in a ridiculous manner on this issue. They hit their vaccination targets. They're not going to achieve higher numbers by continuing with this madness. Everybody who has held out for this long has decided they're not getting the vaccine and nothing is going to convince them otherwise. Surely common sense will have to prevail at some point.
sprintman
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Re: Canberra Raiders boss Don Furner says NRL could allow coaches to reach beyond top 30

Post by sprintman »

Raiders_Pat wrote: January 29, 2022, 2:30 pm
greeneyed wrote: January 29, 2022, 12:48 am Canberra pair still unvaccinated as season creeps closer

The Canberra Raiders have confirmed that a pair of players on their roster are still to be vaccinated just six-weeks out from the commencement of the 2022 NRL season. Given Ricky Stuart's side are set to travel to Townsville to face the Cowboys in Round 2, the anonymous duo will be on the clock ahead of March 19.

"That's D-day for us, and we'll talk to them leading into that," Furner stated bluntly.

QLD and Vic (ALP) are behaving in a ridiculous manner on this issue. They hit their vaccination targets. They're not going to achieve higher numbers by continuing with this madness. Everybody who has held out for this long has decided they're not getting the vaccine and nothing is going to convince them otherwise. Surely common sense will have to prevail at some point.
It will and they’ll get vaccinated…
Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Raiders_Pat »

:nooo
sprintman wrote: January 29, 2022, 2:36 pm
Raiders_Pat wrote: January 29, 2022, 2:30 pm

It will and they’ll get vaccinated…
Common sense will prevail when people finally decide they're over it and force the government's hand like what we're seeing in the UK.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

And power to em.

This place is woke.