Wests Tigers go cold on Canberra Raiders' Curtis Scott

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Re: Canberra Raiders receive request for immediate release of Curtis Scott to Wests Tigers

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Botman wrote: July 29, 2021, 8:04 am
RedRaider wrote: July 28, 2021, 7:47 pm Bellyache's greatest offload may soon be Madge's project. As long as we are not required to pick up the majority of his costs then we can close the chapter and be Scott free. Make it happen DFJ.
We're going to be paying a fair amount of the freight, unfortunately.
That is the cost of doing business with a player and contract you dont want.
I'd be interested to know the amount of freight. Wasn't Melbourne paying some freight for getting him over early?
Melbourne could still be paying a bit for him to be playing at Tigers... maybe not, since he's been with us 2 years
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Re: Canberra Raiders receive request for immediate release of Curtis Scott to Wests Tigers

Post by -TW- »

Guess it depends how desperate they are.

We could get away with handballing him for this year and they could pick up the tab from next year

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: July 29, 2021, 11:57 am
RedRaider wrote: July 28, 2021, 7:47 pm Bellyache's greatest offload may soon be Madge's project. As long as we are not required to pick up the majority of his costs then we can close the chapter and be Scott free. Make it happen DFJ.
I'd be interested to know the amount of freight. Wasn't Melbourne paying some freight for getting him over early?
Melbourne could still be paying a bit for him to be playing at Tigers... maybe not, since he's been with us 2 years
Melbourne reportedly paid 200k of his 400k a year deal for the first 2 years (due to end this year)
I suspect that sort of deal is what we're going to roll over here and Scott will end up on the Tigers books for about 200k with us chipping in the rest... though Pascoe is QUITE the negotiator so who knows :lol:
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Think Storm covered last year and this year $200k per season.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Botman wrote:
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: July 29, 2021, 11:57 am
Melbourne reportedly paid 200k of his 400k a year deal for the first 2 years (due to end this year)
I suspect that sort of deal is what we're going to roll over here and Scott will end up on the Tigers books for about 200k with us chipping in the rest... though Pascoe is QUITE the negotiator so who knows Image
Will probably end up with them paying 500k out of his 400k contract

Finchy
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

Anyone been watching that Wild Wests Tiger Town? Is it just me or does Pascoe come across as a bit of a ****? He seems to strut around acting like he's king **** with his stupid hair cut and trendy clothes, happy to be earning the big $$$ without actually having any idea what he's doing.
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Finchy wrote: July 29, 2021, 12:17 pm Anyone been watching that Wild Wests Tiger Town? Is it just me or does Pascoe come across as a bit of a ****? He seems to strut around acting like he's king **** with his stupid hair cut and trendy clothes, happy to be earning the big $$$ without actually having any idea what he's doing.
My dude floated Mybe and Pearce for Hodgson and Wighton... he signed BJ to huge money and is now apparently going to double down on our mistake with Scott.
He hasnt got the faintest **** idea of what he's doing :lol:
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

Botman wrote: July 29, 2021, 12:34 pm
Finchy wrote: July 29, 2021, 12:17 pm Anyone been watching that Wild Wests Tiger Town? Is it just me or does Pascoe come across as a bit of a ****? He seems to strut around acting like he's king **** with his stupid hair cut and trendy clothes, happy to be earning the big $$$ without actually having any idea what he's doing.
My dude floated Mybe and Pearce for Hodgson and Wighton... he signed BJ to huge money and is now apparently going to double down on our mistake with Scott.
He hasnt got the faintest **** idea of what he's doing :lol:
Pascoe is our saviour - if he takes Scott.
Russell Packer ($750k); Moses Mbye ($815k); Luke Brooks ($850k). Before that Chris McQueen around $700k in reserve grade for 2 years. Cannot blame it all on Ivan.
No finals.
3 coaches during his tenure of 6 years - Taylor, Ivan, Madge

Cheating the salary cap: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/tigers-set ... 5464957e79
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Hong Kong Raider wrote:
He hasnt got the faintest **** idea of what he's doing Image
Russell Packer ($750k); Moses Mbye ($815k); Luke Brooks ($850k). Before that Chris McQueen around $700k in reserve grade for 2 years. Cannot blame it all on Ivan.
No finals.

Also being banned for offering Farah a legacy job and not declaring it

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/06/26/jus ... after-ban/

Edit: **** it same thing

-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Wests Tigers inquire about Scott's availability

The Wests Tigers are in talks with the Canberra Raiders about signing Curtis Scott for the rest of the 2021 NRL season. The Tigers were considering him to help cover their shortage of outside backs. The Tigers could also look to keep Scott beyond this year with the potential they could take him off Canberra's books.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/7362455/

Short answer: Yes he's available.

-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

And apparently theyve got cold feet

Damn it

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Two disappointments in the space of two minutes.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

we're they shadowing the james Roberts suspension?

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

greeneyed wrote: July 29, 2021, 1:55 pm Two disappointments in the space of two minutes.
Two? What's the other one?
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

simo wrote: July 28, 2021, 8:52 pm If the tigers are as petty as me, theyre going to verbally agree to pay full freight before laughing in our faces as they pull the deal.
thought so...
Dont delete this GE
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

Raiders666 wrote: July 29, 2021, 1:58 pm
greeneyed wrote: July 29, 2021, 1:55 pm Two disappointments in the space of two minutes.
GE's tinder account suspended
Dont delete this GE
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

:(
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

simo wrote: July 29, 2021, 2:01 pm
Raiders666 wrote: July 29, 2021, 1:58 pm
GE's tinder account suspended
Oh is that all? I thought we must have signed Luke Brooks...
LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by LimeGreenMachine »

This was just a ruse after we laughed at them regarding the Hodgson , Wighton deal
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Maybe just a negotiation tactic?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

LimeGreenMachine wrote: July 29, 2021, 2:16 pm This was just a ruse after we laughed at them regarding the Hodgson , Wighton deal
Guy sounds wacky enough maybe this was it
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

Blowing hot and cold - just like they made a decision not to pursue TPJ for non-footballing reasons and then table an offer to him at the last minute.

But we got our hopes up high. Just like when Teddy signed for us.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

For ****'s sake

JP giving old Teflon Don the run around here
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

-TW- wrote: July 29, 2021, 1:08 pm
Hong Kong Raider wrote:
No finals.

Ok so it wasn’t just me - I thought Pascoe came across as a D grade dope. I can’t see Tigpies going anywhere under his guiding hand.

Also I’ve always thought Madge was a good coach but I have to say he didn’t come across as overly impressive either. Didn’t appear to be a great communicator with his players.

Probably the bit I found most amusing was Madge giving very detailed instructions in the 2 way to Ronnie Palmer about what he wanted passed on to the players behind the in goal and the message ending up being passed on as little more than “let’s go we’re still in it - let’s go”. It happened every time. “Tell em we need to lift the line speed and go forward before we shift left or right” = “still in it, let’s go” :roflmao
badonkadonk
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: CHICKA!

Post by badonkadonk »

Billy Walker wrote:
-TW- wrote: July 29, 2021, 1:08 pm
Hong Kong Raider wrote:
No finals.

Ok so it wasn’t just me - I thought Pascoe came across as a D grade dope. I can’t see Tigpies going anywhere under his guiding hand.

Also I’ve always thought Madge was a good coach but I have to say he didn’t come across as overly impressive either. Didn’t appear to be a great communicator with his players.

Probably the bit I found most amusing was Madge giving very detailed instructions in the 2 way to Ronnie Palmer about what he wanted passed on to the players behind the in goal and the message ending up being passed on as little more than “let’s go we’re still in it - let’s go”. It happened every time. “Tell em we need to lift the line speed and go forward before we shift left or right” = “still in it, let’s go” :roflmao
I thought the exact same thing! Did Madge watch it and think ****??? Ronnie never once passed on what he said from the coaches box, dead set amateur hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

I think this way payback for someone at Raiders HQ leaking the trade phone call. I don't even know if I'm being sarcastic or not.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Wests Tigers go cold on Canberra Raiders' Curtis Scott

The Wests Tigers told the Raiders on Thursday they were no longer pursuing centre Curtis Scott.

"We're approached as a club by many - we seem to get linked to most players across the game - but in this case from Curtis's management and the situation in the loaning systems people are approaching you and at the present moment no we're not going down that path," Tigers coach Michael Maguire said. "He's contracted with the Raiders ... and where that goes that's up to the Raiders."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

VIDEO: Maguire distances Wests Tigers from potential Scott signing: https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/07/29/mag ... t-signing/
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Re: Wests Tigers go cold on Canberra Raiders' Curtis Scott

Post by -TW- »

Think Sticks comment at the end is telling

"Pascoe texted Don to say they weren't going to proceed. It was suggested by them, it's no skin off our nose"

No comments around "he's in our plans moving forward, valued member of the squad etc etc"

Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

As Morgan Freeman said in the Shawshank Redemption - hope is a dangerous thing.
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

-TW- wrote: July 29, 2021, 5:42 pm Think Sticks comment at the end is telling

"Pascoe texted Don to say they weren't going to proceed. It was suggested by them, it's no skin off our nose"

No comments around "he's in our plans moving forward, valued member of the squad etc etc"

Lol but I thought Stuart ran everything and did all the deals??!? And Don just signed off on cheques and took the bins out
Yap
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Dave Leave Nothing In The Tank Shillington

Post by Yap »

Madge probably logged on here last night, saw how highly we rate him on here and ran the other way
Sterlk
David Furner

Post by Sterlk »

I had my hopes up we'd get rid of this dropkick, for a second.

Sit him down and tell him he'll never play first grade for us again, and we'll release him in a heartbeat if someone else tables an offer. Hopefully he'll rack off before too long.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Sterlk wrote:I had my hopes up we'd get rid of this dropkick, for a second.

Sit him down and tell him he'll never play first grade for us again, and we'll release him in a heartbeat if someone else tables an offer. Hopefully he'll rack off before too long.
I wouldn't be surprised if that conversation had already occurred.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Post by Postman Pat »

If the Dragons are willing to swap Lomax for Mbye (according to Facebook) then surely they’d be up for a Lomax/Scott deal.
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.