Cowboys 13+
6%

Total votes: 18

radicalraider
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Daley

Re: 2021 Rd 7 V Cowboys: Game Day

Post by radicalraider »

Last year remember when Ricky said he sat down with Taps and Paps to steer the side due to injuries. Even Lui's performances were stronger.
This year Lui dropped than Taps and papa in 17 for the first time ever as he seems to be stuck in 3rd gear for a month now.. whether it's with the coach or hodgson returning.. something isn't right within the senior playing group..
The Green Hornet
Simon Woolford

Post by The Green Hornet »

Yep, something isn't right.

I still don't understand Tapine being dropped for this week. Be interesting to see if Tarps, Paps and Lui are considered for starting or bench roles this week.
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

radicalraider wrote:There's something not right with papalii. He doesn't seem happy or hungry to win. I don't think he's the only one.. it's a few of his Polynesian mates too ( Lui and tapine).. There's a division in the playing group or feud with the coach.. they're not playing for each other like last 2 yrs.
Even the way Stuart and Mick Ennis spoke last night you could tell he's covering up a bigger issue..
This is a very good point. It feels like Stuart has lost the dressing room

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
Kryptonite
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Terry Reagan

Post by Kryptonite »

benda wrote: April 25, 2021, 11:04 am
radicalraider wrote: April 25, 2021, 10:15 am There's something not right with papalii. He doesn't seem happy or hungry to win. I don't think he's the only one.. it's a few of his Polynesian mates too ( Lui and tapine).. There's a division in the playing group or feud with the coach.. they're not playing for each other like last 2 yrs.
Even the way Stuart and Mick Ennis spoke last night you could tell he's covering up a bigger issue..
If this is true... which it could very well be ... we could be toast for a few seasons.

Hope its not the case!
This makes sense, the team seem to have similar vibe when BJ and Austin fell out and ultimately delivered 2017-18 results, this is a real issue
Wiki Special
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Wiki Special »

Not sure if it has been mentioned but further to the earlier remarks about players looking despondant in the dressing sheds after the game - Hudson Young stayed on the field a long time after Fulltime. He just stood by the posts we were defending in the 2nd Half just staring into space. Not sure if that is common for him or not but he looked seriously depressed by the performance.
Green Blogger
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Green Blogger »

There is one positive out of the loss on the weekend - we went from 9th to 8th on the table!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

NRL.com power rankings

9. Canberra Raiders (7)
Very worried. Their style of attack is a real concern. They looked a bit better with Tom Starling but defensively they're not the brick wall that got them to the grand final in 2019. They need to click into gear soon or they'll miss the eight.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/04/26/sow ... vyweights/

VIDEO: Play of the Week - Starling and Williams combine: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2021/04 ... s-combine/
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

There’s been no one on one steals this year either.

Well ifs there’s been one I missed it.

There were a few attempts the other night but nothing.

Has it been trained out of the boys ?
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

greeneyed wrote: April 26, 2021, 2:33 pm NRL.com power rankings

9. Canberra Raiders (7)
Very worried. Their style of attack is a real concern. They looked a bit better with Tom Starling but defensively they're not the brick wall that got them to the grand final in 2019. They need to click into gear soon or they'll miss the eight.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/04/26/sow ... vyweights/

VIDEO: Play of the Week - Starling and Williams combine: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2021/04 ... s-combine/
Sowie channeling Azza. I'm worried.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Did Annesley discuss the potential offside try, the Croker interference penalty and the CHN take out of the winger.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Im curious about that too, the potential offside i think was defensible based on actual replay... like i dont know if you could overrule that... though i personally think he was probably marginally offside

The CHN one was to my mind absurd. His eyes NEVER left the football, he's competing for the ball, he's as entitled to that football as the defender... I know they're about player safety and all that, but you cant avoid that kind of thing, it's the nature of the game
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

BJ wrote: April 26, 2021, 8:04 pm Did Annesley discuss the potential offside try, the Croker interference penalty and the CHN take out of the winger.
No, he didn't discuss any refereeing decisions today. He went on a long rant about the qualifications of the MRC and judiciary. Not sure who criticised them, but someone did over the weekend. And then a long discussion about high shots. It started with a small discussion of stats on score blow outs.

No one asked any of those questions. The CT doesn't seem to dial in to the briefings and ask the questions. I suspect they could if they wanted to, as it is done via Zoom now, due to COVID.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

I’m okay if they decide there’s a duty of care to be aware of your surroundings and whether intentional or not if you take out a player it’s a penalty. Just consistency please. It was very explicitly given as the opposite ruling the week before. Someone **** up.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

greeneyed wrote:
No, he didn't discuss any refereeing decisions today. He went on a long rant about the qualifications of the MRC and judiciary. Not sure who criticised them, but someone did over the weekend.
NRL360 certainly got stuck into them last week over Latrell.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Botman wrote: April 26, 2021, 8:16 pm Im curious about that too, the potential offside i think was defensible based on actual replay... like i dont know if you could overrule that... though i personally think he was probably marginally offside

The CHN one was to my mind absurd. His eyes NEVER left the football, he's competing for the ball, he's as entitled to that football as the defender... I know they're about player safety and all that, but you cant avoid that kind of thing, it's the nature of the game
I'm not going to blow up about the offside... it's probably 50-50 or 60-40. But Brad Fittler did convince me on The Sunday Footy Show that under the interpretation, the Cowboys player was offside. His left foot was in the air, but pretty clearly in front of the ball about to be kicked.

I can't for the life of me understand why the CHN incident didn't result in a successful captain's challenge... unless there was something else that followed the contest for the ball.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

greeneyed wrote: April 26, 2021, 9:31 pm
Botman wrote: April 26, 2021, 8:16 pm Im curious about that too, the potential offside i think was defensible based on actual replay... like i dont know if you could overrule that... though i personally think he was probably marginally offside

I'm not going to blow up about the offside... it's probably 50-50 or 60-40. But Brad Fittler did convince me on The Sunday Footy Show that under the interpretation, the Cowboys player was offside. His left foot was in the air, but pretty clearly in front of the ball about to be kicked.

I can't for the life of me understand why the CHN incident didn't result in a successful captain's challenge... unless there was something else that followed the contest for the ball.
yep, im in lock step with you on this one. The offside was probably a tough call but defensible, it was marginal and imo offside but maybe too tough for an overrule... i dont know what the CHN call was about. No idea. It was very clear what happened there for me.
Wiki Special
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Wiki Special »

Yep, that CHN call was laughable.
BJ
Steve Walters

2021 Rd 7 V Cowboys: Game Day

Post by BJ »

Wiki Special wrote:Yep, that CHN call was laughable.
What confused me was the bunker has consistently ruled the exact opposite a number of times this season.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Wasn't the whole point of the bunker to have the same person/team do all 8 games?

The inconsistencies are laughable

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk