Jarrod Croker

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

papabear
Steve Walters

Re: Jarrod Croker

Post by papabear »

What about croker to 5/8 Jamie Lyon style.

Shift wighton to the centre’s
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Joseph 'the worm' Tapine

Post by 1992 »

papabear wrote: April 26, 2021, 4:29 pm What about croker to 5/8 Jamie Lyon style.

🤪
WHAT A LONG STRANGE TRIP IT'S BEEN
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

The Nickman wrote: April 26, 2021, 8:24 am
afgtnk wrote:
The Nickman wrote: April 25, 2021, 10:06 pm Honestly, our right side gets literally zero ball, it’s actually astounding how little goes down that edge. I’m hoping CHN can fix that, but Scott is hardly the issue here.

You can’t refuse to water your plant and then crack the **** when it dies.
I'm not wasting my time watering some plant in vain hope of it becoming a beautiful flower, when I already know that all I've got is a bunch of weeds

Rip the thing out, put some new soil in, and flog the pot for whatever you can get on Gumtree
You don’t think a right edge of CHN, Scott and Kris/Simonsson could actually benefit from some quality ball occasionally?
I think three of those players would. I see nothing to suggest Curtis Scott deserves more ball.

The **** is he going to do with it?
afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

papabear wrote: April 26, 2021, 4:29 pm What about croker to 5/8 Jamie Lyon style.

This is the guy who agrees with you, Botman.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

And when Croker doesn't work at 5/8 we've still got 7 more positions to try him in.

If he has to be in the 17 then I wouldn't mind him on the bench as injury cover for the backs.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

afgtnk wrote: April 26, 2021, 5:06 pm

This is the guy who agrees with you, Botman.
Sorry, I’m not following?
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

Croker to 5/8? Surely a stitch up?
His best position is in an arm chair with a cold beer at home, cheering the boys on.
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by yeh raiders »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: April 26, 2021, 5:08 pm And when Croker doesn't work at 5/8 we've still got 7 more positions to try him in.

If he has to be in the 17 then I wouldn't mind him on the bench as injury cover for the backs.
We still haven’t properly tried him on the wing!
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

papabear wrote:What about croker to 5/8 Jamie Lyon style.

It was a crap idea the first time, didn't need to post it twice

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

It would have Jack playing what I've always thought is his most natural position though at left centre.

It'd also free up my boi Sammy Dubs to reclaim what should be his - a starting position in the halves wearing green. That's what I've always wanted lol ay amirite?!?
Last edited by afgtnk on April 26, 2021, 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

I’d be very excited to see Croker run out at 5/8 - so long as it was for one of the opposition teams and not the raiders!

I suspect he if he isn’t injured he will be picked at centre tomorrow. Don’t like it but expect that is what it will be.

I’ve never been a Croker fan but I appreciate he enjoys strong support from the raiders faithful. If he (and the club) can manage an elegant dismount on his career in the near future I’m sure his recent run of form will quickly be forgotten but if things drag on he runs the risk of leaving a sour taste for some.

All that said if someone was silly enough to sign me to a crazy overs contract I’d hold them to it. I wouldn’t blame him if he kept putting himself forward for selection for 3 years. Be annoyed if they picking him but that’s not on him and good luck to him and his young family re: the $$.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

Who was going worse before the chop...Campo or Croker?
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Campo easy

He was captain catch and pass

BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

-TW- wrote: April 26, 2021, 5:59 pm Campo easy

He was captain catch and pass

Arguable. Campo wasn't making 3 errors a game + getting ragdolled. Feldt hit Croker like Papalii on Buhrer or WIghton on Soward.

He was captain catch n pass and easily skirtable in defence... He ran it dry a lot longer than Croker has so far though...
Johno
David Furner

Post by Johno »

GreenMachine wrote: April 26, 2021, 5:16 pm Croker to 5/8? Surely a stitch up?
His best position is in an arm chair with a cold beer at home, cheering the boys on.
That position is taken mate
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Johno wrote: April 26, 2021, 7:11 pm
GreenMachine wrote: April 26, 2021, 5:16 pm Croker to 5/8? Surely a stitch up?
That position is taken mate
:roflmao
afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

GreenMachine wrote: April 26, 2021, 5:56 pm Who was going worse before the chop...Campo or Croker?
Hard to compare. Campo being a half was a vocal point of our game, and naturally he's going to touch the ball a lot more than a centre in Croker throughout a game. Therefore if they're both ****, Campo's got much more opportunity to show it and make it stick in the minds of fans.

Croker has recency bias and the emotions of rapid groundswell going against him, but as touched on above, he's not going to be figuring like a half will. We cut him out of many plays on the weekend, although when we didn't of course the state of the decline was very clear to see.

Because Campo's game had slightly more to fall back on despite his injuries which robbed him (mostly size and some ball playing ability), whereas Croker's currently on a hiding to nothing sans goalkicking, I'd probably say Croker. It's close though atm.
radicalraider
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by radicalraider »

afgtnk wrote: April 26, 2021, 5:54 pm It would have Jack playing what I've always thought is his most natural position though at left centre.

It'd also free up my boi Sammy Dubs to reclaim what should be his - a starting position in the halves wearing green. That's what I've always wanted lol ay amirite?!?
Good boy your learning.. Told you #nota6
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Croker is playing worse
Campese hurt us more

for the reasons outlined by aksaklsa but different conclusion, unless im misrepresenting his opionion, Campese impacted the game more because of his involvment, so his steep decline was more impactful IMO. But yes, it's close. This is where we are at with Croker.
radicalraider
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by radicalraider »

Botman wrote: April 26, 2021, 9:49 pm Croker is playing worse
Campese hurt us more

for the reasons outlined by aksaklsa but different conclusion, unless im misrepresenting his opionion, Campese impacted the game more because of his involvment, so his steep decline was more impactful IMO. But yes, it's close. This is where we are at with Croker.
If campo doesn't get injured in 2010 semi we beat the dragons in prelim as we were their bogey.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

Campese hurt us more

No we're at the same conclusion. My post was to draw a simple player to player comparison based on their states and remaining capabilites.

The impact of Campese's decline though was undoubtedly worse for us, because it's an impact that Croker can't have by virtue of his playing position. Should anyone think that replacing Croker alone can fix huge problems, they'd be drastically mislead IMO.
Last edited by afgtnk on April 26, 2021, 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

I would love to be able to see the alternate future of 2010 without Campos knee exploding.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

afgtnk wrote: April 26, 2021, 11:03 pm
Campese hurt us more

No we're at the same conclusion. My post was to draw a simple player to player comparison based on their states and remaining capabilites.

The impact of Campese's decline though was undoubtedly worse for us, because it's an impact that Croker can't have by virtue of his playing position. Should anyone think that replacing Croker alone can fix huge problems, they'd be drastically mislead IMO.
While I suspect a new player in the number 3 jumper will provide some uptick in output, I agree with you that there isn’t anyone set to be an immediate fix all for the teams current struggles.

I think if JC is stood aside it will be interesting to see the broader impact on the team. Many on here have long speculated Croker has an undefinable ability to inspire those around him, others more recently have speculated his continued selection could be impacting team moral. It’s all just speculation, but if/when he is dropped it will be interesting to see the impact that has and whether other players step up or struggle without him.
Greedysmurf
Dean Lance
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by Greedysmurf »

Don't know if anyone else picked up on this from NRL360, but reportedly Croker has shuttered his social media accounts due to abuse from so-called fans. What disgusting behaviour from keyboard warriors who are allegedly fans of this club.

Say what you want about Croker's form in 2020 and early this season, and you can argue about whether it's injury and temporary form or if the game has passed him by, (or he never had it). But IMO nothing justifies personal abuse and attacks on any player, let alone such a great servant of this club. Some people need to take a long hard look in the mirror.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

He hasn’t posted since 20 April, so that suggests the report is correct.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

greeneyed wrote: May 4, 2021, 8:06 pm He hasn’t posted since 20 April, so that suggests the report is correct.
Glancing at his page, it seems he only posts every couple of months normally anyway.

Or am I missing something? I'm probably missing something.

I'm not a huge instagram guy.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
hobbsy
Glenn Lazarus

Post by hobbsy »

Just because the account is active doesnt mean he hasn't stopped using it
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

T_R wrote: May 4, 2021, 8:12 pm
greeneyed wrote: May 4, 2021, 8:06 pm He hasn’t posted since 20 April, so that suggests the report is correct.
Glancing at his page, it seems he only posts every couple of months normally anyway.

He’s normally often posting on Instagram Stories... those disappear after 24 hours... and I haven’t seen that of late.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

greeneyed wrote: May 4, 2021, 8:13 pm
T_R wrote: May 4, 2021, 8:12 pm

He’s normally often posting on Instagram Stories... those disappear after 24 hours... and I haven’t seen that of late.
I'm literally signed up for a Masters of Social Media Marketing. I hope they have a remedial class.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Social media sucks. It really does.

Should be legally limited to 18-22 year olds.
irvste
Sam Backo
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by irvste »

I sent jarrod a message of support on insta after the game he got injured I'm sure I'm not the only one who would have done that.. all the media likes to report on is the bad

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Seiffert82 wrote: May 5, 2021, 6:30 pm Social media sucks. It really does.

I contest that it should be limited to 97-100 year olds.
manbearpig
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Wighton

Post by manbearpig »

That age group are literally the worst ****
They shouldn't be allowed anywhere near social media.
Im just, bicking back being bool
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Roger Kenworthy wrote:

I contest that it should be limited to 97-100 year olds.
Anyone over 60 shouldn't be allowed on social media