2021 NRL Round 4: Teams and Game Day

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

Makaveli
Bradley Clyde

Re: 2021 NRL Round 4: Teams and Game Day

Post by Makaveli »

Already in this Roosters Warriors game multiple forward passes out of dummy half being let go from both teams

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Botman wrote:
Dr Zaius wrote: April 4, 2021, 5:35 pm
gergreg wrote:Forward pass to Sims for a try.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Yep, that was pretty forward. It's frustrating that they keep getting missed.
It’s the knights
**** em
You make a strong point
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

Makaveli wrote: April 4, 2021, 6:24 pm Already in this Roosters Warriors game multiple forward passes out of dummy half being let go from both teams

Egan got away with a thousand again. I was almost annoyed by it
Dont delete this GE
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

I wonder what the Roosters record is with Cummins as referee?

Shoving it in your face since 2017
greeneyed
Don Furner

2021 NRL Round 4: Teams and Game Day

Post by greeneyed »

Unusually happy with a Roosters win. After the massive trolling from Warriors fans all week, I’m happy with them tasting the loss. I’ve rarely struck a more objectionable mob. And I hope it is a long hard year for them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Toviii
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Toviii »

It seems the Warriors were struck down with injury during the game, like the Knights in the game before, like the Titans in the game before that.

Are the rule changes to blame? Is the game actually faster because of them and is this causing a spike in both injuries and score blowouts? Probably yes is my answer, but I'd be interested if anyone had any statistics or evidence
'I've got 17 blokes in that dressing room that are hurting'
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Fergo having a special day out under the high ball. Keeping Tigers in the game.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

Northern Raider wrote:Fergo having a special day out under the high ball. Keeping Tigers in the game.
Beautiful to watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Makaveli
Bradley Clyde

Post by Makaveli »

That Kepaoa is one of the worst excuses for a first grader I've seen

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Makaveli wrote: April 5, 2021, 5:04 pm That Kepaoa is one of the worst excuses for a first grader I've seen

He's got that classic deer in headlights look about him.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

OOOOOOOoooofff. Luciano. That was supoib.
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

God that looked well offside!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

How did the bunker miss Gutherson being off side?

On the side on wide shot maybe he was OK...
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Why are refs still giving set restarts on zero tackle? Defending teams hold down all the time because a restart is meaningless. They have to start giving penalties.
Makaveli
Bradley Clyde

Post by Makaveli »

So let me get this straight down by eight with five seconds to go the Tigers decide to put in a crossfield kick to the winger who can’t catch
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

One wonders how long the Tigers keep faith in Luke Brooks. 150+ games now and not yet delivered on his promise as a junior.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

Northern Raider wrote: April 5, 2021, 5:53 pm One wonders how long the Tigers keep faith in Luke Brooks. 150+ games now and not yet delivered on his promise as a junior.
For as long as we continue to see the paucity of quality halves the game is currently experiencing I'd say. The cupboard is looking pretty bare atm - a guy like Brooks would be snatched up quickly by another club I'd say.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

afgtnk wrote: April 5, 2021, 6:06 pm
Northern Raider wrote: April 5, 2021, 5:53 pm One wonders how long the Tigers keep faith in Luke Brooks. 150+ games now and not yet delivered on his promise as a junior.
For as long as we continue to see the paucity of quality halves the game is currently experiencing I'd say. The cupboard is looking pretty bare atm - a guy like Brooks would be snatched up quickly by another club I'd say.
Yes but what other team has persisted so long with a guy who hasn't delivered?
afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

Northern Raider wrote: April 5, 2021, 6:21 pm
I think they need to look at the three other positions in the spine before they get to Brooks.

He hasn't turned out to be anywhere close to the hype that initially surrounded him, but I think he can do a decent job with more support (and has shown as such previously). He's not a good enough player to carry a side himself.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Brooks will never be in a winning team, he simply is not physically capable of defending at a consistent level to be on a contender.
There is a lot of bad defenders in the NRL, but he's literally not up to standard. He's a 2-3 try handicap against a good team
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

afgtnk wrote: April 5, 2021, 6:42 pm
I think they need to look at the three other positions in the spine before they get to Brooks.

He hasn't turned out to be anywhere close to the hype that initially surrounded him, but I think he can do a decent job with more support (and has shown as such previously). He's not a good enough player to carry a side himself.
Out of their spine being Laurie, Douiehi, Brooks and Liddle I'd rate Brooks the weakest link.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Surely Brooke’s is only worth half what he’s being paid.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Northern Raider wrote:

Out of their spine being Laurie, Douiehi, Brooks and Liddle I'd rate Brooks the weakest link.
No team can afford to carry a bloke who isn't willing to put his body in front of an attacking player. They need a way to hide him in the defensive line. I think they previously plonked Garner next to him to cover the spot, not sure if that has changed or whether Garner is just a bit out of form.

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Northern Raider wrote: April 5, 2021, 8:45 pm Out of their spine being Laurie, Douiehi, Brooks and Liddle I'd rate Brooks the weakest link.
Laurie looks pretty legit
And i think Douiehi looks to have a little something. Not sure he'd ever be a superstar but i think he can round into a solid 5/8th.... Liddle and Brooks have gotta go. They stink
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

gergreg wrote: April 6, 2021, 9:06 am
Northern Raider wrote:

No team can afford to carry a bloke who isn't willing to put his body in front of an attacking player. They need a way to hide him in the defensive line. I think they previously plonked Garner next to him to cover the spot, not sure if that has changed or whether Garner is just a bit out of form.

Defense aside he's very average ball in hand. Sometimes dangerous, mostly predictable. Kicking game is substandard by NRL half-back benchmarks.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Botman wrote: April 6, 2021, 9:13 am
Northern Raider wrote: April 5, 2021, 8:45 pm Out of their spine being Laurie, Douiehi, Brooks and Liddle I'd rate Brooks the weakest link.
Laurie looks pretty legit
And i think Douiehi looks to have a little something. Not sure he'd ever be a superstar but i think he can round into a solid 5/8th.... Liddle and Brooks have gotta go. They stink
Liddle would be serviceable with a good half-back. We already know Brooks isn't any better with a good dummy half. Even with Harry Grant last year we still saw him play ordinary.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

The only one not hating on Luke Brooks is Madge.

Most clubs notice where they need improvement in their squad and chase their man.

Us included.

If WT coach believes Brooks is the answer then..THATLL DO ME !!!
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock: