Titans 13+
14%

Total votes: 14

irvste
Sam Backo
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Re: 2021 Rd 4 V Titans: Game Day

Post by irvste »

Frustrating mistake ridden but a win and 3 from 4 I'll take.. Defence was great.. We will get better regardless of the trolls... Jack sure is the gambler

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

Finchy wrote: April 3, 2021, 8:51 pm
Ultima wrote: April 3, 2021, 8:36 pm Gee, why wouldn't you go the two? I mean it's unlikely to make a difference but still, F/A...
Croker would have overtaken Andrew Johns for number 4 on the all time top point scorer list if he got 2 more points as well...
Yeah, I think it's safe to say Rapana won't be sitting next to Croker on the bus home.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Pete Cash
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Pete Cash »

radicalraider wrote: April 3, 2021, 8:52 pm We'll match Penrith in the middle but not in a scoring race... We need to defend their block plays and disturb their rhythm down to a grind similar to tonight..
I think we can actually swing the arm wrestle our way in the second stint because Manly was making metres when JFH and Yeo were off and I think our bench forwards are better.

I just feel we need to come out with the big guns firing from the kick off in the middle to avoid being blown off the park early.
Green Taipan
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Big Mal

Post by Green Taipan »

A win over the Titans is good but now we have to prepare for Penrith at home. I think a big improvement is needed. Penrith are the darlings of the NRL so don't expect any favours!
It's a simple game; tackle, back-up, pass, hold the ball! What did I say? "Hold the bloody ball!!"
Gold member 2023
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

Northern Raider wrote: April 3, 2021, 8:38 pm
-TW- wrote: April 3, 2021, 8:36 pm Geez there's some sooks on this forum

When has a premiership ever been won in round 4?

Were 3-1 ****, and some **** luck away from being 4-0

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Some people expect nothing but perfection. Don't handle it well when they don't see it.
It's mind boggling
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

We have a team. I'm happy.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

I would kind of like to see more of starling though
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

I was really calm and comfortable through that game. Give it a try. Its fun.
Dont delete this GE
Kryptonite
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Terry Reagan

Post by Kryptonite »

Raiders666 wrote: April 3, 2021, 8:59 pm

Some people expect nothing but perfection. Don't handle it well when they don't see it.
It's mind boggling
After many, many years of utter dross, we are in a Premiership window that may or may not remain open for maybe another 2 seasons max, not aspiring for perfection, just hoping to capitalise on opportunity
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

Raiders666 wrote:

It's mind boggling
The game day threads have always been incredibly toxic. It's usually best to avoid them. Easier said than done I know Image

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

Ryan James is reminding me of adopting a cat.

You don't adopt a cat. Cats adopt you.

We didn't adopt Ryan James. He adopted us. :lol:
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

MATCH REPORT: Canberra Raiders make defensive statement against Gold Coast Titans

Let the night Canberra played the Gold Coast in Sydney's south with little more than 5000 watching on stand as the night that defined the Raiders.

The Raiders rounded out the NRL's Kogarah Oval double-header with a 20-4 win over the Gold Coast Titans in front of 5119 on Saturday night.

CANBERRA RAIDERS 20 (Jordan Rapana, Josh Papalii, Ryan Sutton tries; Jarrod Croker 4 goals) defeated GOLD COAST TITANS 4 (Corey Thompson try) at Kogarah Oval. Crowd: 5119.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

MATCH REPORT: Raiders muscle up in defence to repel Titans challenge: https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/04/03/rai ... challenge/

MATCH REPORT: Defensive display sees Raiders defeat Titans: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2021/04 ... at-titans/

MATCH HIGHLIGHTS: Raiders v Titans: https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/04/03/mat ... v-raiders/

Titans cop Raiders reality check: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 501c482584

PRESS CONFERENCES: Raiders v Titans: https://www.nrl.com/tv/matches/telstra- ... nd-4-2021/

PRESS CONFERENCE: Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2021/04 ... -v-titans/

VIDEO: Ricky lauds record-breaking Raiders: https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/04/03/ric ... g-raiders/

KingDynamite
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by KingDynamite »

I thought our kick pressure was the best it’s been for a long time tonight. More of that please
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

First half was frustrating to watch, but much better in the second half. Much better ball control and built some good pressure. Great defensive effort all around but gee Wighton is a little out of sorts. A few really bad kicks, but he is a big game player.

Good win but I don't think we're playing well enough to go with the Panthers.

Just on the Titans. Tino is a wonderful player, Fifita overrated in comparison. I think they'll limp into the finals but probably do a Shark's- ie. Won't beat a top 8 side.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

KingDynamite wrote:I thought our kick pressure was the best it’s been for a long time tonight. More of that please
Credit to Ryan James

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

I’m a fan of Lui but I think we need CHN in attack (especially without Tapine). Soliola didn’t do much either.
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

3 from 4 to start the season, 3 of those sides are middle of the ladder sides. I think we are on par.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
radicalraider
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by radicalraider »

Areas to improve vs penrith:
1. Kicking game
2. Edge defense
3. Creativity inside 20m
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

SubLime Green wrote:
-TW- wrote: April 3, 2021, 8:44 pm
yeh raiders wrote:
Motiv8dan wrote: April 3, 2021, 8:38 pm
yeh raiders wrote: April 3, 2021, 8:33 pm So a kick to the corner that goes behind the defensive line...do the front line defenders all have to turn and go after of the ball or can they just stand their ground? Because the latter always happens and is always deemed ok, as it should be.
Mate, why are you arguing, it was a penalty, there is standing your ground with your hands on your head and then there is having no intention to do anything but bury the feet, watch the player and ensure he has no chance...
Because you should be able to simply stand your ground and watch someone running at you, so you can brace for impact. There’s no unfair disadvantage to the attacking team and you’re risking the bounce of the ball by not reacting to where it’s going to land.

Doesn’t make sense to be a penalty.
He wasn't watching the ball, he clearly was making no attempt to play the ball

Nor were 11 other Raiders players. If someone runs into our opposite winger, is that a penalty? Why is Rapana not able to stand still but everyone else can?
Yeah, I don’t understand this call at all. What he’s looking at has nothing to do with it. The question is did he move from his position to obstruct. I think that’s a pretty hard case to make on the replay.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

Kryptonite wrote: April 3, 2021, 9:14 pm

It's mind boggling
After many, many years of utter dross, we are in a Premiership window that may or may not remain open for maybe another 2 seasons max, not aspiring for perfection, just hoping to capitalise on opportunity
Exactly my feelings.
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Mickey_Raider »

We are clearly a top 6 side. As we were last year; and the year before.

The question is whether we can take the step up and win it all.

On available evidence I don’t think we can beat the Storm, Panthers and Souths when the whips are cracking.

We must improve.

Do we have it in us? I think we can.

But I do think it is disingenuous to try and portray those whom are somewhat critical of what we are showing as being unjustifiably negative.

Yes, it is obviously better than the dross we had to endure for the most part of 2001-2014. But we are surely smack bang in the middle of a premiership window. At some point we need to ascend to a higher level.
Up The Milk
Elcaptcroker
David Grant
Favourite Player: Jarrod croker

Post by Elcaptcroker »

Mickey_Raider wrote:We are clearly a top 6 side. As we were last year; and the year before.

On available evidence I don’t think we can beat the Storm, Panthers and Souths when the whips are cracking.

We must improve.

But I do think it is disingenuous to try and portray those whom are somewhat critical of what we are showing as being unjustifiably negative.

Yes, it is obviously better than the dross we had to endure for the most part of 2001-2014. But we are surely smack bang in the middle of a premiership window. At some point we need to ascend to a higher level.
You cant be serious about souths? Their mid level, storm pulled their pants down in round 1, they only scored 26 points against manly which even the dragons put more points on them, they beat a roosters team that lost half their players including the key playmaker, and beat a bulldogs team who in previous years after their start should be odds on to win the spoon (but this year they have manly and cowboys to compete with) souths have the players but putting them at the top is a big call

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Post by Lui_Bon »

1992 wrote: April 3, 2021, 8:12 pm Look up what the kid from The Sixth Sense looks like now and tell me he is not in the Titans box.
yes, flat pancake face and black eyes - should be a Porcupine Tree song
Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Post by Lui_Bon »

afgtnk wrote: April 3, 2021, 8:28 pm I'm starting to come to grips with the now fact that we've just become a boring, grinding side. Plain and simple. Shades of Sticky's 2008 Sharks side (albeit a bit more attacking)
yeah, that first try was boring and grinding.
tommyhud9
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by tommyhud9 »

Mickey_Raider wrote: April 3, 2021, 10:06 pm We are clearly a top 6 side. As we were last year; and the year before.

We must improve.

We can match it with anyone in the forwards, which is obviously great, but our backline really is quite lame now I think. Simonsson, Rapana really are just battlers, Croker is crafty but lacks the power of other centres.

Chances to score will be few and far between against the better sides and I am not sure we have the speed or creativity to take advantage.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

Lui_Bon wrote: April 3, 2021, 11:03 pm
afgtnk wrote: April 3, 2021, 8:28 pm I'm starting to come to grips with the now fact that we've just become a boring, grinding side. Plain and simple. Shades of Sticky's 2008 Sharks side (albeit a bit more attacking)
One try clearly doesn't represent the game we play for the majority of the 80 minutes.

We're a dour, defense first side. Let's see how it fares us against the top sides this season, starting from next week.
Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Post by Lui_Bon »

raiderskater wrote: April 3, 2021, 9:25 pm Ryan James is reminding me of adopting a cat.

You don't adopt a cat. Cats adopt you.

We didn't adopt Ryan James. He adopted us. :lol:
Haha I like that. I bet Frank does too.
Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Post by Postman Pat »

GreenMachine wrote:

It's mind boggling
Exactly my feelings.
You’d hate to enjoy a win wouldn’t you!
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Post by Lui_Bon »

afgtnk wrote: April 3, 2021, 11:08 pm
Lui_Bon wrote: April 3, 2021, 11:03 pm
One try clearly doesn't represent the game we play for the majority of the 80 minutes.

We're a dour, defense first side. Let's see how it fares us against the top sides this season, starting from next week.
True. But on occasion we can do something a bit extraordinary. So the rest is semantics - we can be amazing, or kind of boring. Probably like you, I do not care as long as whatever combination of flair and grind lets us win.
Old School Green
Dean Lance

Post by Old School Green »

Mickey_Raider wrote: April 3, 2021, 10:06 pm We are clearly a top 6 side. As we were last year; and the year before.

We must improve.

I think this is fair but it’s only Rd 4. Best to warm into season and hit peak come business end. Don’t win comps in March/April. If you’re playing your best consistent footy now...where do you go? Down is all I can think.
I like what we are doing atm and I like what we should be doing in 15 more rounds!
87, 89, 90, 91, 94, 19
I was there. Go the Milk !!
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

It looked a lot more the 5119 there tonight

And i checked its the same crowd number for the sharks game so they haven't taken off those that left.

And raiders fans there tonight you were awesome!! Kinda felt sorry for the titans as it was their home game
Vaccinated
FROG
Brett Mullins

Post by FROG »

I'm happy with that outcome. There were lots of things to like about that performance; defence and kick pressure for example. However, parts of our game needs to improve. As has been stated, our kicking game is probably worst in the comp. I also felt that CNK let a lot of kicks go to ground in the first half in particular. Not sure if he is down on confidence but he needs to improve here. On the whole I'm pleased with where we are at. Put it this way, we are miles in front of where we were at this time of the season in 2016. Also recall that we didn't beat a top 8 side until the finals in 2019. So yes lots of improvement, but still look to be in the mix come September
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

I'm Bate Man wrote: April 3, 2021, 11:13 pm
GreenMachine wrote:
It's mind boggling
Exactly my feelings.
You’d hate to enjoy a win wouldn’t you!
I enjoyed the win.
I’ll enjoy the premiership more...like I did in 94.
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

That was a very measured performance after a game that took a lot out of the team last week.

It seemed like our game plan was to complete sets and wait for the titans to make errors and then try to capitalise on them. It’s conservative but it worked and our goal line defence was the difference in the end.

We will need to play a very different style to win next weekend and I am certain that Ricky and the team know that and will be ready.

I think it was Wighton who spoke about the fact that teams aim up against the Raiders now and one of the things we struggled with last season was producing the efforts required to win every week but we are doing that this year.

There’s always the question of whether we can do it against the best teams and do it when it matters and next week should give us a good indication of where we are at.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Really thought that was a professional, clean win
Again the attack wasn’t quite where you want it to be but I don’t really want our attack peaking in round 4 either

That Titans team are a decent footy team who make you earn it