11%

Total votes: 19

GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Re: 2020 Rd 4 V Titans: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by GreenMachine »

Finchy wrote: March 30, 2021, 5:44 pm
BadnMean wrote: March 30, 2021, 5:24 pm Am I correct in reading that team selection as:

Simo/Croker on the left,

Rapana/Kris on the right?

Happy days if so.
I theory yes. In practice, no. Rapana has been named as being outside Scott the last few weeks but it hasn't eventuated. Not sure why Sticky is naming him as a 5 when he's playing as a 2.
It’s mind boggling.
Chicka Chicka Chicka
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Chicka Chicka Chicka »

Couldn’t see Henry Perenara’s name down as an official for any of this weekends matches...
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Finchy wrote: March 30, 2021, 5:44 pm
BadnMean wrote: March 30, 2021, 5:24 pm Am I correct in reading that team selection as:

Simo/Croker on the left,

Rapana/Kris on the right?

Happy days if so.
I theory yes. In practice, no. Rapana has been named as being outside Scott the last few weeks but it hasn't eventuated. Not sure why Sticky is naming him as a 5 when he's playing as a 2.
Ah righto. Thanks.
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Re: 2020 Rd 4 V Titans: Teams and Previews

Post by cat »

hrundi89 wrote: March 30, 2021, 3:25 pm
cat wrote: March 29, 2021, 4:24 pm To jump now and try and cancel flights or hang on and see what happens....
Soo frustrating
I've cancelled my accommodation so that's $1500 back on the c/c.

:cry: :|
Cancelled accommodation and flights, gut feeling gold coast could be locked down by Saturday. Expect multiple cases there soon

2 tickets for the game up for grabs for any local who wants to go
Vaccinated
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

NRL 360 saying that the Gold Coast Titans placed on "high alert" for a move to Sydney, Saturday's game still scheduled to proceed on the the Gold Coast, but may yet be relocated.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Does seem like the best option would simply be to switch the home and away fixtures for the Titans and us and hope by round 16, it's all good to go. And if it is, no harm, no foul. If not, you deal with it then
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

greeneyed wrote:NRL 360 saying that the Gold Coast Titans placed on "high alert" for a move to Sydney, Saturday's game still scheduled to proceed on the the Gold Coast, but may yet be relocated.
It would be such an NRL thing to do, to move this game to Sydney and then afterwards switch the second game against the Titans to Robina.

In saying that I'd planned to be in Sydney this weekend so this could work out well for me.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Titans forced to move interstate as Raiders clash set to be switched

The NRL has told the 16 clubs that they must move to stage 2 COVID protocols in light of the coronavirus crisis that is developing in Queensland. The Gold Coast Titans are expected to move to Sydney on Wednesday.

They are due to host the Raiders on Saturday but The Australian’s Brent Read revealed there’s a strong possibility the NRL might look to switch the location of the game.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 5eb7926247

Titans to relocate to Sydney

The Gold Coast Titans will relocate to Sydney on Wednesday as the NRL look to continue the season without being too heavily impacted by the COVID cluster spread in south-east Queensland. Titans players and staff have been told to pack their bags and be prepared to depart for Sydney tomorrow.

The Titans were due to host Canberra and Newcastle on the Gold Coast over the next two weeks. It is understood both games are now unlikely to be held on the Gold Coast.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/03/30/bul ... bane-trip/
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Sweet

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Botman wrote:Does seem like the best option would simply be to switch the home and away fixtures for the Titans and us and hope by round 16, it's all good to go. And if it is, no harm, no foul. If not, you deal with it then
That would make sense. They did that in the AFL this week with the Lions and Collingwood

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

greeneyed wrote: March 30, 2021, 6:25 pmTitans forced to move interstate as Raiders clash set to be switched
Common sense.
Although I do agree your plan to swap the home fixtures would have been smarter.
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

Surely it would be swapped to Canberra.

Would seem silly to play it in Sydney unless the ACT govt didn’t allow the Titans in.
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Joseph 'the worm' Tapine

Re: 2020 Rd 4 V Titans: Teams and Previews

Post by 1992 »

The Nickman wrote: March 30, 2021, 10:13 am
1992 wrote: March 29, 2021, 9:21 pm The boyz to play 60 minutes and bring the media darlings on the overrated sunshine coast back down to earth.

Jack to kick out on the full will also feature..
Errrrr, Sunshine Coast?

Ummm, somebody want to tell him?
I was angry while writing. There's sunshine on the Gold Coast..
WHAT A LONG STRANGE TRIP IT'S BEEN
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

our club probably didnt want to swap the home games as fans probably plan to go to our home games/ less opportunity to sell tickets etc
Dont delete this GE
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

GreenMachine wrote: March 30, 2021, 6:35 pm
greeneyed wrote: March 30, 2021, 6:25 pmTitans forced to move interstate as Raiders clash set to be switched
Common sense.
Although I do agree your plan to swap the home fixtures would have been smarter.
I expect it'll be switched to Canberra. They are only moving to Sydney, as that is sort of central for their next two games.
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

I wasn’t planning on going to the Gold Coast this weekend but if the games get swapped I probably would go on 3 July.

There is also a NSW Cup game set for Canberra for Saturday but we have a bye when we play the Titans next.

Let’s make it happen and avoid the conjecture over the next few days.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

I had thought about it but the flights to GC are nutso expensive - was going to have a look when these fancy-pants silly "cheap flights" went on sale but clearly that's a dud.

My mum's having surgery in a couple of weeks and I'll be her primary caretaker in the aftermath, I'm honestly rethinking my attendance even at home games right now just to be safe.

As for the team, that's as good as it gets for now, though honestly I'd rather give Guler a run this week and give James an extra week, that slo-mo replay of him going lights-out and completely limp on impact is really unsettling.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

simo wrote: March 30, 2021, 6:44 pm our club probably didnt want to swap the home games as fans probably plan to go to our home games/ less opportunity to sell tickets etc
There is no doubt that is an issue. A game at very short notice and over Easter is not ideal and would hurt attendance but arguably a 5.30pm game on 3 July is not going to break attendance records either.

I also think we need to do the right thing by the game. Who knows it could be us in lockdown one time.
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

raiderskater wrote: March 30, 2021, 6:53 pm I had thought about it but the flights to GC are nutso expensive - was going to have a look when these fancy-pants silly "cheap flights" went on sale but clearly that's a dud.

My mum's having surgery in a couple of weeks and I'll be her primary caretaker in the aftermath, I'm honestly rethinking my attendance even at home games right now just to be safe.

As for the team, that's as good as it gets for now, though honestly I'd rather give Guler a run this week and give James an extra week, that slo-mo replay of him going lights-out and completely limp on impact is really unsettling.
Flights over Easter are always expensive. Particularly if you fly direct to Gold Coast.

Obviously I am not suggesting flying there this weekend now, but under normal circumstances CBR-BNE or even more so, SYD-OOL is much cheaper.
GreenGirl
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Bradley Clyde

Post by GreenGirl »

Whilst I get we live in an era that you can't take any game lightly if Tapine isn't 100% I like the idea of leaving him out - We have the Panthers and Eels the following 2 weeks and he will be crucial to our success for those games - the rest may be in his and our best interests.

This is when strong roster management and depth gives our club a big advantage when required.
GreenGirl
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Bradley Clyde

Post by GreenGirl »

GreenMachine wrote: March 30, 2021, 6:35 pm
Common sense.
Nah stuff em - we copped the brunt last year with our home games in Sydney and travelling every game day, that's a little/small win for us.
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Expecting a small crowd no matter where this one is played, even if it were moved to Canberra

Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
Danaman137
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Clinton Schifcofske

Post by Danaman137 »

Well well well, I just happen to be heading home to Canberra this Easter weekend. Fingers crossed it gets moved to GIO!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Chicka Chicka Chicka wrote: March 30, 2021, 5:57 pm Couldn’t see Henry Perenara’s name down as an official for any of this weekends matches...
Theyre resting him for Origin..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Danaman137 wrote: March 30, 2021, 8:27 pm Well well well, I just happen to be heading home to Canberra this Easter weekend. Fingers crossed it gets moved to GIO!
It most likely will. That could also mean the return match in July gets moved to Gold Coast. How that impacts gate takings I'm not sure. Raiders would need some form of compensation as there will be minimal crowd compared to normal.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

Northern Raider wrote:
Danaman137 wrote: March 30, 2021, 8:27 pm Well well well, I just happen to be heading home to Canberra this Easter weekend. Fingers crossed it gets moved to GIO!
It most likely will. That could also mean the return match in July gets moved to Gold Coast. How that impacts gate takings I'm not sure. Raiders would need some form of compensation as there will be minimal crowd compared to normal.
I say stuff them and play it in Sydney. We keep our match later on in Canberra where it will be marketed and attended appropriately.

GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

Chicka Chicka Chicka wrote: March 30, 2021, 5:57 pm Couldn’t see Henry Perenara’s name down as an official for any of this weekends matches...
He's been dropped again...sucks that we had to have him.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

Rick wrote: March 31, 2021, 8:50 am
Northern Raider wrote:
I say stuff them and play it in Sydney. We keep our match later on in Canberra where it will be marketed and attended appropriately.

Agree with this - July in Canberra more favourable conditions for us too.
radicalraider
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by radicalraider »

Hoping they move it to kogorah.. walking distance for me
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

GreenMachine wrote: March 31, 2021, 8:52 am
Rick wrote: March 31, 2021, 8:50 am
Northern Raider wrote:

Agree with this - July in Canberra more favourable conditions for us too.
Yep, much better result for us.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
papabear
Steve Walters

Post by papabear »

After the weekend I would be tempted to run emre guler on the bench instead of havili, havili / starling / hodgson seems a bit overkill to me.
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

Wonder if The Horse is ever going to get a gig...I really think he should be in the team somewhere.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Raiders666 wrote:Wonder if The Horse is ever going to get a gig...I really think he should be in the team somewhere.
he needs to push his case from NSW cup and performances like last week won't help

Edrick The Entertainer
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

bonehead wrote: March 31, 2021, 10:45 am
Raiders666 wrote:Wonder if The Horse is ever going to get a gig...I really think he should be in the team somewhere.
he needs to push his case from NSW cup and performances like last week won't help

I know he wasn't great but he was better than Lui in my opinion. I guess he needs a few stand out appearances after his DUI
Walter
David Grant
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Walter »

Meanwhile...make a decision where the match will be held! This has been brewing for a few days surely the NRL could have had a contingency in place. If it is Sydney a bit of notice might allow fans to make plans to attend.