Jordan Rapana as left winger

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Re: Jordan Rapana as left winger

Post by GreenMachine »

Bigcheese wrote: March 28, 2021, 3:38 pm Ricky is working on a long term right hand side combination with Curtis and Bailey.

Hot tip is that next year Rapana and Croker won’t be here and Ricky will have a fresh start on that side too.

Hang in there guys, especially you Nickman!
Wait what?
How do you know this?
Um Jammer Lammy
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: David Milne

Post by Um Jammer Lammy »

Rapana isn’t THAT slow. He’s obviously on the decline but speed wasn’t the issue in the final play, he got there with enough time. He needed to plant the ball with two hands and technically had the ball in the wrong hand.

Rapana was outstanding yesterday, it’s disappointing he has started bombing tries. I have concerns with Simonsson who isn’t the strongest runner of the ball and just generally ineffective. Hopefully he delivers some strong performances in the next couple of weeks or I’m playing Kris out there.
Golden Boogs 2006: McLinden Award
Golden Boogs 2007: Personality of the Year
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

GreenMachine wrote:
Bigcheese wrote: March 28, 2021, 3:38 pm Ricky is working on a long term right hand side combination with Curtis and Bailey.

Hot tip is that next year Rapana and Croker won’t be here and Ricky will have a fresh start on that side too.

Hang in there guys, especially you Nickman!
Wait what?
How do you know this?
It’s bigcheese! He probably bashed his garbage man for the information!
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

More like his garbage man's truck.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

It'd be no great surprise if 2021 is Jordan Rapana's last season with the Raiders. His pace is certainly not what it was, or probably should be. He still good because he is so enthusiastic, tries so hard and has lots of experience. But he's on a one year contract, and the Raiders have good young talent coming through in the outside backs.

I can't see Croker leaving early. He's just signed a long extension last year.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

How mocked will I be if I suggest Rapana as a bench second rower?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

But hes still our best winger(yes better on the right but he was terrific last night ) I don't think people are giving RTS enought credit for that try save.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

T_R wrote: March 28, 2021, 5:32 pm How mocked will I be if I suggest Rapana as a bench second rower?

6/10
Finchy
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

Is Bigcheese usually on the money? Surely Ricky wouldn't be planning on shafting Croker already, especially in light of how his own Raiders playing career ended. It's not like he's completely shot like Campo was...
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

T_R wrote: March 28, 2021, 5:32 pm How mocked will I be if I suggest Rapana as a bench second rower?

His attack would probably be just fine but he was an absolute lunatic in defence as a centre and 2nd row has to be very discerning in when to assist centre of half + handle first up contact and wrap up the ball competently. Not convinced his tackling technique or decision making are strong enough for that (he's just fine as a winger defending, but it's a step up).
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Finchy wrote: March 28, 2021, 6:28 pm Is Bigcheese usually on the money? Surely Ricky wouldn't be planning on shafting Croker already, especially in light of how his own Raiders playing career ended. It's not like he's completely shot like Campo was...
Bigcheese is here to chew gum and kick ****. And he's all out of gum.
theRads
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Campo

Post by theRads »

Man this place is toxic
theRads
Thomas Raider
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Thomas Raider »

Ha ha some great stuff here. Just my 2 cents worth,I'd love to see Jordy back on the right wing outside Scott and Toots as left wing outside Kris. Sorry Simmo no place at the moment.
yurithe1
David Furner
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by yurithe1 »

theRads wrote: March 28, 2021, 9:32 pm Man this place is toxic
:roflmao Are you new here?
Some people talk about the weather. Others do something about it.

MEMBER NO.: 4500 (before they changed the numbering system).
theRads
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Campo

Post by theRads »

yurithe1 wrote: March 29, 2021, 3:10 pm
theRads wrote: March 28, 2021, 9:32 pm Man this place is toxic
:roflmao Are you new here?
:lol: Yeah fair :welcome:
theRads