Ricky Stuart cleared of alleged referee verbal

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Ricky Stuart cleared of alleged referee verbal

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart under investigation for alleged referee attack

Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart is under investigation over his sideline behaviour and allegations of swearing towards the end of Saturday’s loss to the Warriors, which were included in the official ground manager’s report.

"I didn’t go anywhere near him or say anything to him," Stuart said. "Like 13 and a half thousand other people I was singing out and venting my frustration but it was not directed at any individual. I’ll always put my hand up when I’m wrong and embarrassed about it. If they want to take that further then bring it on."

Read more: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... 8e6cd21802

Ricky Stuart under investigation for alleged abuse of referee during Raiders loss: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 752bbb717d

NRL investigating Stuart for alleged referee attack: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14280
Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Re: Ricky Stuart under investigation for alleged referee attack

Post by Postman Pat »

They show Bellamy every week blowing up about every man and his dog but he’s got passion.
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
Elcaptcroker
David Grant
Favourite Player: Jarrod croker

Post by Elcaptcroker »

They couldnt fine him in the press conference so their looking for another way to get him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

Henry was on the other side of the field, what does he have super sonic hearing?
Vaccinated
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Whatever Sticky said I agree with him.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

I'm Bate Man wrote: March 28, 2021, 4:18 pm They show Bellamy every week blowing up about every man and his dog but he’s got passion.
Nailed it.

How is this any different?

Good question. It's not.
Makaveli
Bradley Clyde

Post by Makaveli »

But let me guess the NRL had no problem with the officiating

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Thomas Raider
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Thomas Raider »

Just another example of how the NRL hates us!!!
AJL
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by AJL »

Stick was talking quite animatedly to one of the Fox commentators on the sideline in the second half right in front of me. I wonder if the ground manager overheard that and put 2 and 2 together and got 5...
Canberra Raiders
Member No. 1130

Breeding Raiders members since 2010
GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

I hate the NRL with a passion and would love for Rick to give them a double barrel serve!
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

This is such a Rothfield article, careful use of the word "attack" to imply something worse than a spray, light on any actual details about what may have occurred.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

This is ridiculous.

There needs to be an investigation.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

I feel fairly confident this will end up being a fizzer, i doubt Stuart would approach an official and abuse them given that behavior cost him the australian coaching job years ago. He's much more in control of himself these days

I would bet he was probably on the side line carrying on as he tends to do, and maybe an official overheard it... but he surely cant be pulled up for that.
Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

'Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart is under investigation over his sideline behaviour and allegations he called out ‘you **** disgrace’ towards the end of Saturday’s emotional loss to the New Zealand Warriors.'

I have it on good authority he was talking to Rapana after the bombed try.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

I wonder if the NRL appreciate the irony that nobody actually knew about this spray (or whatever it was) until they themselves decided to "investigate" Stuart.

What the NRL have done here is basically brought further attention to the quality of officiating of that game.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

James Hooper was saying on the Big League Wrap that there is a new ground manager that the NRL has appointed to oversee games at Canberra Stadium... and he is an ex referee. Whatever Ricky said, it is reported it was a long, long way from the referee, and he very likely didn't hear it... and he certainly didn't report it. It would have been no worse than what most coaches say in their coaching box, the difference for Ricky is he's on the sideline... near the ground manager. The general consensus on the panel was there is nothing to this, and it will fizzle out tomorrow.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

The ridiculous thing is - I was just watching the replay - what about RTS? After the tackled in the air challenge, RTS was absolutely blowing up deluxe to the referee - that was in his face, standing over him. How is Stick the only one being investigated for something he said 50m away?

More to the point, how the frick did the ground manager hear it over the sound of 13,000 boos? It was LOUD in that joint.

Note: I am being somewhat facetious and am not seriously suggesting an investigation into RTS' conduct - he's the captain, the game was tense, his blow-up was understandable. But how can they justify investigating one and not the other? If anything, RTS' was worse, because not only was it directly to the referee's face, but everyone at the ground and everyone at home could see him doing it.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Mercury
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Mercury »

:clap: :clap:
Elcaptcroker wrote: March 28, 2021, 4:19 pm They couldnt fine him in the press conference so their looking for another way to get him
:hmmm nailed it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

‘Storm in a teacup’: Why Ricky Stuart won’t be fined for ref spray — revealed

Raiders coach Ricky Stuart is reportedly under investigation for his conduct on the sideline of his side’s controversial 31-34 loss to the Warriors in Round 3. James Hooper has revealed the firebrand coach is likely to escape without penalty from the NRL.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 752bbb717d

Ironic twist in alleged ref spray

Henry Perenara was never supposed to referee Saturday's controversial Raiders - Warriors clash in Canberra. It's common knowledge that the ref and Ricky Stuart don't get on - largely because the Raiders coach sacked Perenara as a player at Cronulla over a decade ago.

Matt Checcin was down to do the game - but fell ill late and the NRL had no alternative at short notice than to give the game to Perenara, who was in Canberra to handle the NSW Cup.

Read more: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/nrl-news-t ... 5a904e311c
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Henry Perenara was never supposed to referee Saturday's controversial Raiders - Warriors clash in Canberra. It's common knowledge that the ref and Ricky Stuart don't get on - largely because the Raiders coach sacked Perenara as a player at Cronulla over a decade ago.
As many of you know, i dont buy into referee conspiracies against the Raiders, and im certainly not suggesting it here... but this surely can not be allowed to occur. I dont think Perenara is out here trying to get back at Ricky or hates the Raiders, or calls the game with a personal grudge in mind... but he should be assigned games that involve the coach who sacked him.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

Botman wrote: March 29, 2021, 9:04 am
As many of you know, i dont buy into referee conspiracies against the Raiders, and im certainly not suggesting it here... but this surely can not be allowed to occur. I dont think Perenara is out here trying to get back at Ricky or hates the Raiders, or calls the game with a personal grudge in mind... but he should be assigned games that involve the coach who sacked him.
Calling a ref incompetent and basically **** isn't a conspiracy.
He is **** and was ****...hence why he isn't in the top grade.
Lets call a spade a spade instead of calling out fans who criticise the ref when he has a **** performance.
I mean, we spend all week calling out our own players performances when they don't hit the mark...
It's not a conspiracy, just a fact that Henry Penrnaananananananbananna doesnt belong in first grade.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Strange rant to go on given that post. But ok.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

I'll have another look but on the replay of the forward pass try it looked to me like Perenara was going to pull it up but the touchie cleared it, Perenara stopped then when he went to the in goal he gave the touchie a long look.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

https://www.foxsports.com.au/video/leag ... ass!798933

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

You have to trust the integrity of your employees. With Perenara how could you ever tell he was being bias anyway. He has a track record of bizarre calls, I doubt you'd be able to map any trend.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

Botman wrote: March 29, 2021, 9:26 am Strange rant to go on given that post. But ok.
Not a rant directed at you.
Just this tired notion that refs can’t have poor performances without a portion of the fan base claiming it’s a conspiracy.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: March 29, 2021, 9:57 am
You have to trust the integrity of your employees. With Perenara how could you ever tell he was being bias anyway. He has a track record of bizarre calls, I doubt you'd be able to map any trend.

I dont think there would be any trend, except a trend of arrogance and incompetence where ever the man goes, but there is no chance a former player turned referee in world football, NBA, NFL etc would be allowed to officiate a game in which he was essentially sacked by one of the HC's involved.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

GreenMachine wrote: March 29, 2021, 9:59 am
Botman wrote: March 29, 2021, 9:26 am Strange rant to go on given that post. But ok.
Not a rant directed at you.
Just this tired notion that refs can’t have poor performances without a portion of the fan base claiming it’s a conspiracy.
Fair enough
I agree. Refereeing in the NRL is just a very poor industry. It's incompetence at every level.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I can hardly wait for the Annsley briefing today... and the incredible, tortured explanation for the forward pass. Having said that, he’ll probably now say it was wrong and the ref is dropped. I’m betting if he does say it was wrong, he’ll say that’s one call and we can never know what might have happened, it didn’t affect the result and that the Raiders had plenty of opportunities to win. :)
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

I expect Annesley to admit that was an incorrect call, but it is what it is... they can't change the result because of it.

Time to move on.
Makaveli
Bradley Clyde

Post by Makaveli »

Didn't know that about Stuart and Perenara at Cronulla

BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

I’m shocked that Perenara has reffed us despite being sacked by Stuart.

But I agree that I don’t think he has had it personally in for us over the years. So no claims of bias.

But it may explain a few poor 50/50s we’ve received and how many times he’s referred our tries to the video ref compared to our opposition. Especially regarding block plays and put downs.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

In addition. Yes I can’t imagine other major sports around the world would have a sacked employee that caused issues from the sacking ever ref a game with the parties involved.

Perenara had a really bad game and seemed unable to call clearly forward passes against the Warriors. Touchie needs to be sacked too.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Makaveli wrote:Didn't know that about Stuart and Perenara at Cronulla

Perenara was a **** player, and is now a **** referee

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Wiki Special
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Wiki Special »

I'm calling my next good greyhound Perenara Howler in homage to the worst current NRL Ref we have.