2021 NRL Round 3: Teams and Game Day

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: 2021 NRL Round 3: Teams and Game Day

Post by greeneyed »

The Storm well and truly robbed by the bunker. Should have been a penalty for offside after the short kick off at the end. Very unlucky not to score at the death as well.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

gangrenous wrote:Bellamy going to crucify the video ref for not calling the offside penalty.

I **** hate this “defender had a chance to get back into the line” ruling that’s snuck into the game. Kikau made that by milliseconds, if Olam gets that down a split second earlier that’s a **** ruling. Having said that I think the storm player looked to run wide and dodge Kikau and he pursued and engaged to milk.
But player took Kikau’s outside shoulder which is meant to be the no no. The inconsistency of how they rule on decoy runners still annoys me.

A Bulldogs one against us last year was clearly the opposite ruling of many decisions that went against us in attack.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Makaveli wrote: March 25, 2021, 8:51 pm So everyone just missed the obvious no attempt at playing the ball from Kikau? Wasn't that supposed to be policed this year

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
I thought that at the time too.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

greeneyed wrote:
Makaveli wrote: March 25, 2021, 8:51 pm So everyone just missed the obvious no attempt at playing the ball from Kikau? Wasn't that supposed to be policed this year

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
I thought that at the time too.
We picked that one live up too.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

greeneyed wrote:The Storm well and truly robbed by the bunker. Should have been a penalty for offside after the short kick off at the end. Very unlucky not to score at the death as well.
I think the ‘no offside’ ruling against the Panthers was correct because it touched Reimis Smith straight after the Panthers knock on, which made it the correct call to only rule the original knock on.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

BJ wrote:
gangrenous wrote:Bellamy going to crucify the video ref for not calling the offside penalty.

I **** hate this “defender had a chance to get back into the line” ruling that’s snuck into the game. Kikau made that by milliseconds, if Olam gets that down a split second earlier that’s a **** ruling. Having said that I think the storm player looked to run wide and dodge Kikau and he pursued and engaged to milk.
But player took Kikau’s outside shoulder which is meant to be the no no. The inconsistency of how they rule on decoy runners still annoys me.

A Bulldogs one against us last year was clearly the opposite ruling of many decisions that went against us in attack.
Watch the replay. Kikau moves laterally to get his outside shoulder taken.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Actually I’ve watched it again and I agree with you. Kikau was entitled to be able to move across. Should have been a penalty
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

BJ wrote:
greeneyed wrote:The Storm well and truly robbed by the bunker. Should have been a penalty for offside after the short kick off at the end. Very unlucky not to score at the death as well.
I think the ‘no offside’ ruling against the Panthers was correct because it touched Reimis Smith straight after the Panthers knock on, which made it the correct call to only rule the original knock on.
I thought it was the same as last week, as in simultaneously.

I think Munster is odds on to miss the kick though. 40 out, near the sideline.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

BJ wrote: March 25, 2021, 9:10 pm
Yeah, that was my take on it. Smith clearly touched it.

The second Melbourne try came from a knock on from them anyway, so meh. Sometimes the cookie crumbles your way, sometimes it doesn't.

The scrambling defence from both teams was pretty good, they both just missed some key playmakers. With Koroisau, Cleary and Edwards gone by the end it's hard to take too much out of what they achieved in attack.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Wonder if Bellamy will give Olam a stint in reserve grade.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Seiffert82 wrote:
BJ wrote: March 25, 2021, 9:10 pm
Yeah, that was my take on it. Smith clearly touched it.

The second Melbourne try came from a knock on from them anyway, so meh. Sometimes the cookie crumbles your way, sometimes it doesn't.

The scrambling defence from both teams was pretty good, they both just missed some key playmakers. With Koroisau, Cleary and Edwards gone by the end it's hard to take too much out of what they achieved in attack.
I think the Storm and Panthers players were touching it together, and then the Panther pushes it through down to the other Panther.

Reckon they were lucky with that one.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

From what I saw I'm not convinced Matt Burton is the saviour Dogs fans think he'll be. He didn't look to test the defense much and was attacking the edge with Reimis Smith and George Jennings who were awful against the Eels last week.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

Northern Raider wrote:From what I saw I'm not convinced Matt Burton is the saviour Dogs fans think he'll be. He didn't look to test the defense much and was attacking the edge with Reimis Smith and George Jennings who were awful against the Eels last week.
I thought he looked great for a very junior half very early in his career. That kicking game alone will help the dogs forwards get on the front foot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Rick wrote: March 26, 2021, 8:32 am
Northern Raider wrote:From what I saw I'm not convinced Matt Burton is the saviour Dogs fans think he'll be. He didn't look to test the defense much and was attacking the edge with Reimis Smith and George Jennings who were awful against the Eels last week.
I thought he looked great for a very junior half very early in his career. That kicking game alone will help the dogs forwards get on the front foot.

His kicking game was good. His ball play was out of sync. Too small a sample size to make judgement though. Style wise he reminds me a lot of Thurston. If he turns out half as good the Dogs are smiling. What they don't want is another promising young half that struggles to make the next step. They've seen too many of those already.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Rick wrote: March 26, 2021, 8:32 am
He'll need a year or 2 to make the full time switch I think but he's going to have a good career. Saviour on the other hand. He's going to need help.
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Yeah, I wouldn't be writing the playmaker off before they've played 10 games. Burton showed some quality signs

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Sid wrote: March 26, 2021, 1:06 pm Yeah, I wouldn't be writing the playmaker off before they've played 10 games. Burton showed some quality signs

I'm not writing him off. He's been given a lot to live up to though.
Sid
Ricky Stuart

Post by Sid »

Northern Raider wrote:
Sid wrote: March 26, 2021, 1:06 pm Yeah, I wouldn't be writing the playmaker off before they've played 10 games. Burton showed some quality signs

Thrown straight into the scrapheap after playing just 1 game this year. Unbelievable

Nah, he has been hyped up a lot by the commentary team, as happens with a lot of players early in their career. Be interesting to see how he goes

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Sid wrote: March 26, 2021, 1:21 pm
Northern Raider wrote:

Thrown straight into the scrapheap after playing just 1 game this year. Unbelievable

Nah, he has been hyped up a lot by the commentary team, as happens with a lot of players early in their career. Be interesting to see how he goes
That's the key. Been a lot of hyped up halves coming into 1st grade and majority don't turn into the elite players people believe they will. For every Nathan Cleary there's a lot more Luke Brooks, Ash Taylor, Jake Clifford etc.
Elcaptcroker
David Grant
Favourite Player: Jarrod croker

Post by Elcaptcroker »

What a horrible game of footy this dragons, sea eagles game is

afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

If Sticky decides he doesn't want CNK anymore, I want Dufty. He'll improve his defensive game and be better than Papenhuyzen is for the Storm with us.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Don’t you get tired of crapping on CNK?
Sid
Ricky Stuart

Post by Sid »

Awesome shot on DCE from Ravalawa!

Danaman137
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Clinton Schifcofske

Post by Danaman137 »

How is that not a send off? A genuine coward punch to the back of the head. He should be suspended for months.

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Roosters have lost the plot
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The Roosters seem to have a little bit of a soft underbelly at times. I'm not sure they're top four.

18-0 at half time in favour of the Rabbitohs.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

How bad are the Eagles going? I reckon we'd be the only team to struggle against them these days.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

Goodnight Lindsay Collins.

Roosters looking a bit off the pace against a quality team. Lacking a halfback.
Rick
Steve Walters

Post by Rick »

Seiffert82 wrote:Goodnight Lindsay Collins.

Roosters looking a bit off the pace against a quality team. Lacking a halfback.
Now they lose Lam

Last edited by Rick on March 26, 2021, 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Ooof
This looks bad
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

what a farcical penalty against the chooks 9 for diving at the kickers legs, he pulled out and barely brushed Reynolds, in a nice footy gods square up they missed the kick and an incomplete set from the 20m dropout

Edrick The Entertainer
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

This has been a diaster for the chooks
Rick
Steve Walters

Post by Rick »

Now Keary gone. Another knee

Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

The injury report for them could legitimately end their premiership hopes
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

gangrenous wrote: March 26, 2021, 6:42 pm Don’t you get tired of crapping on CNK?
Don't you get tired of defending him in all corners of this forum the moment you perceive someone is even slightly criticising him?

You have to be related to the guy, surely.